newky_'s shop application

Newky

Level 23
newky
newky
Rich

IGN: Newky_

Previous applications:

https://schoolrp.net/threads/levis-lang-app-french.29072/ (Denied)
https://schoolrp.net/threads/newkys-french-app-part-2.29206/ (Accepted)
https://schoolrp.net/threads/language-app.30525/ (Accepted)
https://schoolrp.net/threads/newkys-college-app.30224/ (Accepted)

Previous warns/kicks/bans:
I’ve been warned for glitching pass blocks before. Other than that, nothing more.

Shop wanted:
Unowned #3

Why do you want to own a shop?:

Truthfully, I haven’t been in the SRP community for as long as other applicants, but I do feel like I’ve gained enough experience from my time here. Surrounded by other like-minded and dependable role-players, who have dedicated their passion and time into the server, I was able to learn from each individual and hone my own crafts and, as a result, grow as a person.
Applying for a shop is a means of exploring more aspects of this server, including the shop-owning experience and the how-tos behind it, as well as taking on more responsibilities for myself. As a player, and a community member of this server, I’ve had the idea of opening a store for a bit. In hopes, that experiences and knowledge I’ve accumulated regarding roleplay and the community as a whole would help, if accepted, both me and the player-base enjoy this new unconventional store.

Mentioning this, I’d also love to dedicate my time to a shop, and provide the players a more interactive store that focuses more on the roleplay than the shopping. Yes, nothing is wrong with business and helping the economy of the server flow, but during my time frequenting this server on an almost daily basis, I’ve noticed that there wasn’t really any shop that promotes a new roleplaying location, nor a new environment for characters to get themselves into. I am not insinuating that shops do not generate roleplay, I agree that each time a shop opens, players show up and produce attraction and give the town a more lively feeling. Players get to meet up, talk, buy, and have fun. Though, what happens after? The store opens for a marginally small time, enough to do business and not much roleplay. Again, nothing is wrong with this, and usually players would only come to shops to buy the latest customs, or any accessories to give a character more customization. I also understand that the stores in Karakura are not designed for roleplay, and focused more towards the latter aspect. Therefore, I’d like to provide a more unique experience and feel to the shopping district, which I will elaborate on more down below.

What do you plan to do with the shop?:

I’d like to present my idea of a traditional, authentic, Edo-era-style sweets/souvenir shop that boasts an arrangement and variety of sweets, accessories, masks and other customary Japanese products. The theme of the store will be of archaic, wooden exterior, accompanying the “lost in time” feeling that gave the shop its name, ‘Ukiyo-kashi’ or roughly translated as ‘the floating world of sweets’- meaning to be detach from all distractions of the world, and to indulge in the moment. . . With sweets! Interior-wise, the shop would mostly feel cramped, homely, strewn about with weird knick-knacks that you’d see in creepy souvenir stores. Wooden floors creaked with each step, the smell of incense permeating the store. You get it, the type of store that’ll be run by generations of people, holding its ground against the flowing of time.

A list of imagery and examples of what I’d sell if the shop were to be accepted amongst the roster in the shopping district:

• Food (Non-exclusives):
-Dango
-Sweet & Salty Popcorn
-Strawberry & Vanilla Ice-Cream
-Blue Lolly
-Toffee Apple

• Drinks (Non-exclusives):
-Milk
-Oreo Milkshake
-Hot Chocolate

From this point on, I’ll display the exclusive customs that I’ll sell at the shop. The selection is currently limited, due to this only being an application, but if it does get accepted, there’ll be more to come. (When I am financially able to get them, of course.) The import on the items will be gradual, so most likely all the items I present will not be on sale during the shop’s opening day, but I guarantee they’ll all be introduced into SRP completely WHEN I AM FINANCIALLY ABLED.

• Food (Exclusive):

This section of the menu is dedicated to attracting the teens and sugar-enthusiasts of Karakura. Ranging from snacks, ice-creams, and traditional Japanese sweets, a blend of new and old will surely bring in the customers! Satisfying their nostalgic needs whoever they are!

-Coco Mushrooms

-Yan Yan

-Hello Pandas

-Mochi Ice-cream

-Yatsuhashi

-Gifu Manju

• Drinks (Exclusives):
The exclusive drinks of Ukiyo-kashi are sure to quench the thirst of customers! Not too fond of cow milk? Grab yourself a soy milk juice box. Looking for something unconventional and possibly bizarre? Get yourself a can of soup! (It’s our personal favorite) The choices are endless. Not to boot, all the drinks here are portable, easy to drink, good for those on the move. What better choice for the constant-moving citizens of Karakura?

-Japanese Soy Milk

-Jelly Drinks

-Ukiyo-Certified Canned Soup!!!

-Orange Soda

Shop Design:

A hidden-away, reminiscent store lies by the side of the road. Forgotten, but still operating. Inspired by movies and anime alike, the decrepit building, littered about with statues and dolls, invoked in me the motivation to apply for the store. I’ve gone ahead and replicated as best as I could the building in Minecraft, while also putting effort in keeping the old, authentic vibe to the overall structure.

By accurately replicating the wall of the shopping district, I was able to install the front of the building in. The interior is supposed to be what the shop looks like as a final illustration, but without the exact measurement of how large the store is allowed to be built, I simply turned it into a map layout to plan out everything instead. The design again, as stated in what my idea of the shop above, is akin to that of the real-life building in the reference. The building style should fit SRP perfectly, with distinctive features like the banners, or Japanese curtains. Vegetation like leaves and reeds, vines and flowers, giving the exterior a bit more overgrowth, yet calm and serene feeling that emphasizes the theme ‘lost in time’ as stated before.

How will your shop be unique?:

A pure-traditional- I would say around 99%, store, where the foundational basis of my idea is gotten from. If accepted, this new addition to the shopping district was, is, and always will be, built from the roots of Japan. Most stores, or dare I say, all, of the stores have been either foreign, or a mix between Japan and foreign. Whereas this one, which is completely, if not, mostly, inspired by the deepest, rural parts of Japan. Something not most people have seen, nor heard of. Additionally, this would fit in nicely into the lore of the town. A runner to the modern age of Japan, Ukiyo has been many different things in the past. A farmhouse, a bathhouse, a restaurant, anything to keep the family custom going. Generations of people have preserved the culture and the indulgence of the moment. The forthcoming of the twenty-first century and modern Japan has caused a ripple across the Ukiyo business line. Japan’s isolation state is slowly dissolving, and more foreign influence is slowly, but surely, imported into the nation. To adapt, businesses are forced to conform to foreign exposure. Ukiyo, on the other hand, chose to keep their traditions going. As the shopping district of Karakura got raised from the ground, the building where Ukiyo was located got absorbed into the modern apartment complex, continuing to hold their place against the continuous flow of the ages.

As I get the lore out of the way, the next unique trait of the store is its purpose. As I’ve presented in the beginning of my application, the whole store will be used to promote roleplay, not with the items, but by utilizing the staff team and the owner himself. Aside from the fact that the store will be opened 24/7-ish. This does not mean business will run for as long, business will keep going as long as the owner and staff decide to stay. We will also train our staff to exhibit high-quality roleplay, where the point is to produce more interaction between the two parties. Be it making up quirky situations, to help catching the loose mascot. A variety of scenarios and experiences awaits without cutting back on the purchasing in your everyday store. Furthermore, the store will close now and then to ensure we don’t overwork the players. By following a simple formula of satisfying the need to purchase things from players, we can filter out those who want to stay and roleplay instead. The current con I foresee with this is the amount of players that will show up after each advertisement. To theoretically solve this con, advertisements will be exclusively used for the beginning of the OOC day, and after that the store will remain open for as long as the owner deems enough.

Our schedule consists of opening on an almost daily-basis. Ukiyo will be not only a store, but a new location for those looking for somewhere new to hangout. If other spots have failed you, come by to Ukiyo and make it yours. The openings will be consistent due to the way I’ve planned this out. (Almost daily openings with one advert each. Due to the timezone that I’m in, I’ll be able to open once during the time when SRP is at its lowest pertaining to the player count. After handling the bulk of the players that play in odd time zones, my manager/co-owner can handle the advert during SRP’s peak. I’ll be there too, of course. When I say I am confident in my ability to keep to its schedule, I am dead serious, seeing how I’ve done up my sleeping schedule for the server already- goes to show how dedicated I am)

The decorations inside could be left up to myself. I believe that I am a competent builder, others can vouch for my ability and capability. I’ll devote everything I know into building a spot that’ll live up to both the theme of the store, and the theme of SRP itself. A location for many groups of players, big or small. This brings a small dilemma, the shop will not be able to hold all the players of the server. Therefore, to fix this, we’ll simply install more decorations for the exterior, and install a new regulation that states players must form lines outside, and there will be a staff member that guides and states whether they are allowed entrance or not. This system is not at all extreme, due to how common it is in Japan. People have been forming lines outside of restaurants, shops, and all sorts of establishments that require a human limit.

Scouting will happen ICly, aside from a few people I’ve trusted to run the store side by side with me. Qualifications depend on how trustworthy the person is, and how well they adapt to roleplay situations, to how capable they are, and their ability to keep a good integrity ICly and OOCly.

To fully refine how the shop will be operating, it’ll require experience and knowledge, along with the built-in muscle memory on managing the establishment. Nonetheless, I am confident in my capability to uphold the ideas that I’ve presented. I’ve worked in a store before, and through careful questioning, I’m sure that even I can handle the workload.

How many employees are you planning to have?:

Uniform:
The employees are those representing the store. Utmost respect with good-natured character, elegance with spontaneous attitude. With this in mind, I believe the yukata and kimono fit the shop well with its origins dated back to the beginning of the country itself.
  • Owner:
    -Newky
    [1/1]
  • Manager:
    -glowss
    [1/1]
  • Head Cashier:
    -ohmygoshh
    [1/1]
  • Cashiers:
    -heartcanvas
    -Takashima
    [2/6]
Here is the discord server!
https://discord.gg/y6PNESsK4G
P.S// Thank you, for spending the limited time you have to review this application.

Last edited:

RAYHM

Level 193
RAYHM
RAYHM
Rich+
ACCEPTED
Thank you for your patience!
  • If you have discord DM me MikeShotZ#0960 to get the shop set up.

Users who are viewing this thread