mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

NEWS REPORT | Kurasu Review

fentias

Level 14

. . .
Good morning Karakura - and a Happy new year at that!! Today I am going to be sharing a formal review of a restaurant that seemed to fall under my radar for quite a while, Kurasu.

Deep delving into the Karakura Shopping District, one would discover a vast array of places to buy and even sell, however it is no secret they’d also find a limited collection of adequate establishments where citizens can simply enjoy a nice, hot meal with absolutely no work behind it.

At least, that was my view. Until, by complete surprise, I found myself dining at Kurasu with my brother and a few of his friends.

Wandering in upon their request, I was greeted by a young-adult
ish looking lady who asked how many were in my party. I told her that I had friends awaiting me at a table and no questions asked she opened the gate and ushered me in. I found myself slightly confused by seemingly rushed attitude, however I paid it no mind.

In contrast, something I must comment on was the outstanding ambiance Kurasu seems to carry with ease. Granted, the place was chock-a-block with ‘leftover’ christmas decorations (five days later..?) however the water feature theme and blue color ways seemed to give it that extra push to the forefront.
. . .
With the party already deep into the process of ordering, I found myself sitting at the perfect time. Henceforth I had a quick skim of the menu and decided to order myself a simple bowl of Ramen and a Rose Milk Tea Boba.

While awaiting my order, I concluded it would be a good idea to study the menu further and boy, was I pleasantly surprised! There is a decent selection of both non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages, some of which I’d never tried before let alone seen in Karakura.

Flicking through, my expectations continued to be exceeded. The menu was positively filled with very tasteful, cultural dishes and it was clear actual thought went into what was being served in the establishment.

Just as expected, this taste and culture followed through all the way to the dessert section and left me aching for my food to arrive.

My food arrived extremely fast, much to my approval. Upon further inspection I noticed the waiter serving us had airpods in his ears. Super unprofessional, though I chose to not question him about it as I was already satisfied by the appearance of the dish served to me.

The broth was a little watery for my taste, and seemed to be somewhat pork based judging by the texture. However the actual pork in the bowl was cooked perfectly, with the firmer, outer layer complimented by the soy sauce I found it flavoured with.

The noodles were chewy but yet undoubtedly flavourful and it worked together flawlessly with the broth. The ajitama (half-boiled egg, for all you foreigners) seemed to have been pre-boiled hours prior rather than as fresh as it could be - however that failed to take away from the overall flavour, just lacking in some texture. Overall, the dish was satisfying and in actual fact a bargain for the low price I paid with my pocket monkey.

Onto the Boba Tea, I found it to be one of the more quality ones I’ve tasted in Karakura so far, which is saying a lot considering you can purchase them like accessories here. It was served in an actual glass and was a pale pink color with the boba balls residing in the bottom of the glass.

It almost tasted soft, (if that makes any sense at all. >_<) and plush-like. The consistency wasn’t as thin and forgettable as perhaps expected by drinks of its kind. Contrary to my thoughts now, I must say I expected the Boba from Kurasu to be cheap and store-purchased in bulk, however it tasted quite the opposite.
. . .
If the flashy decor and peaceful, aquatic ambiance was not enough to urge you to dine at Kurasu next time you’re out and about - let the quality urge you instead.

Despite the questionable staff, the meal quality and unmatched atmosphere coerce me to give the restaurant an overall 8.5/10. By all means, I encourage readers to take a visit as I’m sure they’ll fail to be disappointed.

If YOU’D like to read more in depth about the menu, staff roster and applications, reservation bookings and even the trials and tribulations of pulling Kurasu out of near-debt, check out their website here!

Thanks for reading my review!!!!!! (๑>ᴗ<๑) Goodbye for now, reader, this is not the last you will see of me.

Last edited:

Laur

Level 39
Awesome job! Why do I feel like that “youngish lady” was me .. uhh I’ve never worked at Kurasu wdym?

Users who are viewing this thread