mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Nikko Student Council Application

Nikko

Level 3
Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?: CheeseChexMix
How old are you?: Seventeen, going on Eighteen soon.
Any previous warns/kicks/bans?: On my old main account, now an alt account, I had a warn for meta that was fairly dumb on my part. Whoops.
What Country are you from?: United States of America
Do you have Discord (if so, what is your Discord username?): Yes! My Discord is currently Cheese ChexMix#1500
Link(s) to any previous applications on the server?:
Korean App- https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/nikko-language-application.23035/ (Accepted)
Describe your activity on the server & on the forums?:
Between my old account and this account I've been fairly active on the server over the year, especially on the Discord if i've not been seen on the server itself. I recently came back, so this new forum account won't have as much time to it, but I still read through all of the most recent posts on the Forums. This new spurt of activity is however not a temporary thing as I plan to reesetablish myself as quickly as possible, and hopefully bring a more entertaining and happy air to the server in which I've met so many friends.
Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?: I fully acknowledge that if inactive I will be demoted, and if such a situation were to occur I would either state my intentions to be away before hand or I would resign myself.

Trivia

What is the Student Council?: The Student Council is, at its most basic level of thought, a forum through which students may take their complaints, ideas, and overall thoughts to help improve the school to other elected students that will then do their best to adhere to the ideas and overall hopes of their fellow peers. At a higher level however, the Student Council is a center of change for any school. One in which students with a vision for the future of their school can help to lead other students, providing assistance in any way that improves the overall name, and especially quality, of Karakura Highschool.

What happens in the School Council?: The Student Council primarily focuses on creating fun and unique events for other students, as well as working with staff and other players to look through clubs to be accepted, talk about changes to the school, and overall improve the enjoyability of School. A majority of the time however, the Council's job isn't so much to actively create brand new and world changing events, but to showcase what it means to be a good student.

Do you prefer to work alone or in a group?: I definitely prefer working in groups! It's hard to really catch every little mistake or detail when you're alone, so you tend to make a lot more mistakes alone. I'm also just a very social person that prefers being able to talk among others and to have someone with me when I think through my processes. Though I don't mind working alone on projects that only need one person, it's just a comforting process to have at least one person with you.

Do you have any experience in Roleplaying?: I've been rping since I was in elementary with D&D and my father, but I started online roleplaying on WoW back in 2009, and have been doing so ever since. I'm certain I can be flexible in my style to accomodate newer or older roleplayers, and would love to do so.

Roleplay Scenario

You are on the Student Council and the chairman submits an awful idea. What do you do?: It depends entirely on the idea! If the idea is beneficial to the school and I simply don't like it, I will hold my tongue just because it is a situation in which the needs of the many outweigh that of the few, but if the idea is simply terrible overall, I would respectfully ask to speak my piece on the idea. In this circumstance I would hope they at least consider my idea and keep it in mind for future endeavors if they don't heed it right away. This is important as if you are not assertive in what you believe from time to time, you may as well be an empty seat on the council. If you try to force your ideals to much however and fail to understand why the president is president, you will just end up being a menace to the council.

You submit an idea - everyone hates it. How do you deal with the situation?: I would ask as to what made the idea so terrible for the sake of being able to improve my ideas in the future. Otherwise I would accept that everyone hating an idea amond a varied group of people probably means it's actually an absolutely awful idea, and just be glad they stopped me from embarassing myself. The only way to advance in the future is to recognize that not everything you do will work out, and when that happens you just need to pick up your chin and keep on going on.

There is a split decision on an idea. The Councilors begin to debate if the idea should be accepted. As time goes on the debate turns into an argument! How do you handle the situation?: Seeing as an argument gets us absolutely nowhere in any sense, I would do my best to step in and try to defuse the situation. If it's not possible to completely defuse the situation, I would steer the argument back into a debate using humor and a relaxed attitude. The number one goal being to avoid an argument that leaves bad blood between the members. It's possible to return to an idea after your heads have cooled, it's hard to go back to liking someone. Of course that may not always work, things hardly go your way in life, and in such the best course of action is to try and talk to those that are calmest first, the more voice you have in this matter the better it will work out. If you have enough people talking calmly and respectfully, the arguing Councilors will also begin to calm down, hopefully.

In-Character Information

Characters name:
Nikko Soomin
Characters gender: Male
Characters age: Eighteen years old.
What Student Council position are you applying for?: I am applying for the position of Councilor.
Why do you want this position? : I believe that the best way to ensure that I can help other students, especially the newer ones that always come flooding in during the Spring and Summer, is to be in a position in which they can both place their trust, and their ideas, in me.
As a Councilor I wish to not only enhance the performance of underperforming students while focusing on academics, but also to let Students have a laid back person that they can easily think of as one of their peers. At the end of the day, much like a civil officer, I do not want to be in a position of power, but a position in which I can serve the student body to the best of my capabilities.
Not to mention when one is in a position such as Councilor it allows them to really see what is going well for the school as a whole, and what could use genuine work. I believe I would be fantastic in this regard due to seeing the school through so many fantastically different times, that I can accurately detail in my own personal opinion which ideas and events have been hits, and which have been busts.

Extra

Any additional information you would like to add to your application?: My discord, Cheese ChexMix#1500, has a space between the Cheese and Chex.
I'm experienced in a position similar to this IRL as I help to lead a climate reformation group in my town that's composed primarily of other highschoolers as well as some college students.
I've no longer got school, so my activity is going to be pretty high either way.
Do you have any questions?: I have no questions as of this moment, nor will I most likely. If anything occurs that I don't understand I will contact the Council President directly, or anyone of equal know-how.

Last edited:

hebwig

Level 111
ACCEPTED

- Make sure you join the Karakura Academics Discord so that you can receive your councillor role.
- Also use the rank request section of this forum to request the role to your Minecraft account. Use this application as proof of your rank.

Users who are viewing this thread