mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

no body, no crime

pitapet

Level 109
pitapet
pitapet
Rich+
i wrote this in 2020... and just found it in my google docs, thought it would be cool 2 share. here you go! this is two years old sooooooo

no body, no crime
A story by T. Hiroki
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━​

part one: the mad woman
Another night I spent sitting in the living room, glass of wine in my hand, a single lamp only dimly lighting up the room as I waited for him to return home. The grandfather clock that sat next to the fireplace struck, it was already midnight. My foot tapped against our rustic wooden floors with my eyes locked on the front door, waiting for any sign of movement to come. I thought I was mad to think he would be out in the town throwing away seven years with some trash bag of a woman. I got up from where I have been sitting for several hours, the couch having an imprint from the worry of my body. I set my glass on the kitchen counter, turning off the only light and heading to the room where we once slept together. I turned in for the night, hoping to have him by my side with the sunrises.
To no surprise, at the break of dawn, I open my eyes to him next to me. I quietly got out of bed, stepping out of our bedroom to head into the kitchen. I recently got a box of instant oatmeal for the both of us to have in the morning: I made a bowl for myself and one for him to have before he runs out the door for his 9 to 5. I worked at home, with the current state of our world, our state government has decided to keep us home for the safety of teachers and students. I finished breakfast, cleaning up after myself and Alexander; he had no time to clean his own dishes as he was running late to work as it is. He left his cell phone at the dining table, being forgetful as he is. I ran so many situations through my mind about wherever he was last night, I couldn’t help myself. I took his phone, opening text messages to a woman’s name who was unfamiliar to me. From his phone I read: “Tonight was fun, I hope you were able to make it home safely. Love you.” My heart sank into my chest. I was right. I wasn’t made after all. I was right.

part two: tuesday night
The same night, I went out with a few co-workers from my department for our weekly Tuesday night dinner. We all got in our fanciest of dresses and met each other at the location. We got to our table and started our night off with a glass of red wine. I tried to keep the smile on my face but the lost hours of sleep waiting for him to come to the door made it hard to believe I was enjoying my time.
She opened her story to the girls at her table, she was finally able to say it aloud. “My husband has slept with another woman, he cheated on me.” They encouraged her to call him out, get out of a marriage in which your partner no longer loves you. I paid my part of the bill and headed on home, I threw my heels off and, once again, I was on the same seat, waiting for him to return home.

part three: no body, no crime
Our grandfather clock strikes at midnight, no sign of him. Hours go by, it’s nearly sunrise, and there he goes walking through the door. I ask him, I beg him to tell me the truth, did you cheat on me? He suddenly grew angry, I could see flames in his eyes. He backed me out to the porch which had a beautiful view of the foggy mountains. He striked against my body; I never thought it would end like this. I closed my eyes as I plummeted to the grass and rocks below until I felt pain no more.
I couldn’t believe what I had just done. I viewed her body below, wondering what I could possibly do. Our nearest neighbors were miles away, I ran to her body which I dragged down below to the shed where I worked late nights. I muttered to myself: “No body, no crime.”
The next Tuesday arrived, we headed out to Olive Garden. For the entire week, Este missed work; she never showed up to dinner either. We passed her house, a new vehicle was in his driveway. The worst came to mind. I think he did it, but I just can’t prove it.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

The story is inspired by mad woman & no body, no crime by Taylor Swift. A continuation and connection that I drew between both of the songs, creating a bigger story with the lyrics and characters from both of the songs, along with creating a twist of my own on the story, with a backstory and new characters. I hope you enjoyed the read!

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━​

Users who are viewing this thread