Normalize Polls on Feedback Threads

Should this suggestion be implemented?

• Total voters

philbertman42

Level 138
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
IDK why this was moved from the Feedback sub-forum to General, but sure why not lol

This isn't a significant issue, but most feedback threads have many people saying "+1/-1" without any further information to back their opinion. These messages generally flood the thread and don't contribute to the discussion in any meaningful way; scrolling through them is tedious, especially when there is 4+ pages worth of mostly "+1/-1," with actual discussion lightly sprinkled within.

Thankfully a solution which is already built into the forums exists: polling. Upon the creation of feedback threads, the creator should add a poll with positive/negative answers (yes/no, +1/-1, etc.) Or perhaps, the developers could automate it so that pre-made polls are attached to new threads in this specific sub-forum.

This would be beneficial because:

- Threads would become more compact, allowing people to easily read through the discussion
- People would still be able to publicly state their stance on a suggestion without needlessly lengthening the thread
- It would be easier to "vote," as it would only take two clicks instead of writing out and posting a new message
- We'll be able to gauge the community's opinion from a glance, instead of counting up +1/-1 messages
I'm not going to use the format, eat my pants stinky!

Last edited:

HATOLA

Level 271
HATOLA
HATOLA
Rich+
I got a lot to say but Im on a vacation and my internet sucks

I do understand it, but in the other side I assume if staff will see how much the suggestion has a hype, maybe they will take it be more serious

Vibeey

Level 11
Vibeey
Vibeey
Fundraiser+
I do understand it, but in the other side I assume if staff will see how much the suggestion has a hype, maybe they will take it be more serious
If you think about it- "Hype" generally translates to how many people actually contribute to the thread & how active it is. One could very well see how popular a suggestion is depending on how many votes it has through poll.
Plus, he did not state that discussion should be cut off entirely (in fact, I'm almost certain that the community's input helps with the final decision). He only mentioned that adding a "yes/no" poll system would make it easier to see the overall ratio and potentially give staff an idea on how much said suggestion is wanted.

PS: A "neutral" or "don't know" option could also be added if it's absolutely necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread