Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
FORMAT:
Be sure to read through your answers as well as answer honestly and as professionally as possible. Do not miss the prompt guidelines in the second section of the application.

IGN:
nylu

List your discord name and tag (name#0000): (Please note, communication and discord access is vital, and not having access to the site is a dealbreaker for the team)
nylu#0449

Additionally, do you have a microphone and can speak via discord?
I have a microphone and the ability to speak via discord.

Your time zone and current country of residence:
My timezone is CST, I currently live in the United States of America.

Link any previous community team applications if applicable:
N/A

Do you recognize you could be removed from the community team?
I do.

List a few things that may obstruct your progress/development on the Lore Team.
I'm only still 16 and I've got the school to deal with. I keep my grades high and doing that requires me to study. In addition to that, sometimes I happen to study music theory and music in general to enhance my ability in it. I've got a life outside of Minecraft that I deal with!

What makes you passionate about writing?:
Writing gives me one of the most creative freedoms that I have ever experienced. It allows me to write stories about things I have experienced, things I could experience, things that are unrealistic, and much more. The freedom that writing allows me to have is what makes me so passionate about it and I've been writing since I was only eight. Recently, my motivation for writing has only increased and I've been enhancing my skills in it. When roleplaying, I tend to 'detailrp' a lot in order to give whoever I'm talking to more insight or give them the ability to just imagine what my character is doing. Being able to talk to a person and giving them the ability to imagine what I'm typing is truly amazing to me.

Do you have any previous experience with writing lore or creative writing as a general aspect?:
I do have experience with both. I personally write stories as well as lore for people within the server. Outside the server, I tend to join discord servers just for reading lore and recreating with my own spin-off of it. Writing has become extremely important to me over the last couple of years and I've studied a lot of different options and classes. At the moment, I'm currently writing two personal projects that have both been in the works for a good 2 years. When it comes to server, I've made numerous stories about all my characters in order to give my characters more depth and personality.

In your own words, give your definition of lore:
Lore usually refers to a subject and its past history. Lore should be informed to the reader in order to give the reader a perspective on what has happened or what is happening already. It helps the reader to be able to imagine or see how a place or thing became how it is now.

WRITING PROMPTS:
RULES
  1. You are expected to write in the third person, and narrate in a reliable and neutral tone. Do not focus your prompts specifically on one character’s perspective, but on a bigger picture.
  2. There is a 200-800 word limit that applies to both prompts. Because of flow, if you need to go a little over or under, you are permitted to, but as soon as a prompt is 100 words outside the limit, you will be automatically denied.

#1 (823 words)
Lightning strikes nearby, the sound of thunder rumbling throughout the forest. Small rays of moonlight shined within leaves, the smell of damp earth wafting throughout the forest. The air was thick, swelling with a bitter taste of disgust. Birds quit singing, squirrels ceased to continue chattering, and crickets were no longer chittering. It was silent momentarily, the only sounds substituting the forest being the wind whistling around trees, leaves rustling, and heavy breathing. Within this forest, a man stood in a puddle of mud, water, and blood. As the blood mixed with the murky water, it left a rusty smell that spread through everyone's noses, including his own. In the man's hand was a pocket knife whose blade was stained with vital fluid drizzling down toward the handle while it shimmered from the rays of moonlight above. His other arm remained wrapped around an individual's neck, whose blood-red ink dripped from his chest, staining his own shirt as the writer stood behind him with his bladed pen in hand.
Jinnouchi Kazushige was our infamous writer. He was surrounded by cops in dark black SWAT gear. It was his last-ditch attempt to escape. Taking a hostage and forcing demands. Running away was no longer an option for him as he had a bullet wound in his leg that only reminded him of his own failure. The blood within him was slowly draining, varnishing the wood behind him and discoloring the grass below him. He stood up against a tree, trembling with hunched shoulders. His eyes remained wide, shooting daggers at everyone that was nearby to see him. There was a crowd that stood nearby, whispers being exchanged throughout. It was unclear to him whether or not he'd make it out alive but it was clear what the result would be to the crowd.
"Drop him!" An officer shouted.
Kazushige filtered the voice out, dwelling on his past. Perhaps his life was already flashing before his eyes. He thought it was possible that he was already dead. He thought that maybe it was true that one's life flashes before their eyes as one begins to die. He remembered the family that cared so much for him. The family that he trusted with his own life. He remembers all those memories as well as memories from all his friends. Each sliver of memory danced fluidly throughout his head, tugging at his heart as he began to tear up. Each memory called out to him and he was only able to hear it. And now, those people he knew were now missing. Unfortunately, Most of those people were confirmed dead. There came a price they each had to pay and karma wasn't willing to let go of them so soon.
The crowd's hearts all ran in harmony as everyone began to shout at him. Declare that he's worthless. Yell to give up. Shout that only a nobody would attempt to take the life of somebody. The officers tried to calm them down but to no avail. As well as having guns pointed straight at Kazushige, he began to stress.
"Come near me and I kill him! All you have to do is just go away!" He shouted. He clenched his other depressed fist, feeling abandoned by those who spent their last hours with him.
"It's not worth it!" An officer replied.
Has it not been worth it? Is this all for nothing?
Kazushige shouts, piercing his victim in the shoulder near his neck to show that he was no longer playing around. The individual groaned and shrieked in agony, that same blood-red ink trailing down the side of his arm. Wherever Kazushige stabbed, it seemed nearly fatal. The victim began to gasp for air as his life oozed out in a bright red river out his mouth, draining. It was now a race against the clock. The officers can only watch in sheer horror. There was nothing they could do or they'd be risking his life. Kazushige was willing to take the victim's life if needed and that was made clear. The victim only trembled with an accelerated breathing rate and so did Kazushige. Kazushige's heart was felt on the victim's back, striking his chest with a sharp blow each time. Then, He began to sob uncontrollably as his rain-soaked hair drooped over his face.
"Everything that your family has done would be put to waste." A white-haired officer said.
Kazushige froze. Everything? This was the last thought that came to mind. His muscles stopped tensing up and his adrenaline depleted. Cold tears trickled down his face, his eyes swelling slightly as his arm loosened from the person he had held hostage. Then,
BANG!
One shot to his shoulder caused his arm to crinkle and lose grip on the knife.
BANG!
One shot to his leg caused his knees to buckle under his weight and fall.
BANG!
The last shot was the one that ended it all.

#2 (698 words)

Once, there was a little girl living in a beach house on the edge of Karakura. She was seen mostly around the old, dusty pier. She had gold hair that braided itself into locks, her eyes remaining ecstatic and curious, eager for adventure. Her legs were zestful, spiraling with energy, and both her arms were equipped with her two small hands that remained inquisitive. According to the other townspeople, she was not a pretty girl. In many cases, people refused to speak with her. Even then, she remained herself. She helped others without expecting a reward and did deeds when no one was around to praise her. In anyone else's eyes, she was the picture-perfect girl. But, that's the thing about humans. They remain unpredictable. One day, she decided to go out and explore the beach in hopes of finding something interesting. She enjoyed the rhythm that the frothy sea-green ocean possessed, rolling itself toward the uneven shoreline and then dragging back. The waves whispered to her and she responded with whispers back. The sea animals became used to her, no longer running away when she walked by. Instead, they walked with her at times, putting their trust in this small girl. Her eyes turned to the ocean to take another look at it, but she saw it coughing and dying out, a brown color appearing slowly. She turned in the direction it was coming from to see two people on the old pier throwing their waste and garbage into the water. They stood there, polluting the ocean and laughing while doing so. The little one didn't seem to approve of this, furrowing her brows toward them and digging her feet into the soft but dry wet sand. She stomped over toward them, clenching her fists. "Don't you have any love for your environment?" She shouts. Everything about her tone was different. She seemed upset, an emotion the townspeople had never seen before. "You're ruining it all. Everything your past generations have tried to keep safe is being ruined!" The two people stare at each other then glance back at her. One wraps his arms around his stomach, beginning to laugh uncontrollably while the other pinched the bridge of his nose. They knew it was illegal to do so. They knew they'd been caught by the girl and one of them remained unreasonable and. . unpredictable. He walked up to the little girl, who had her hands on her hip and was clicking her tongue, and picked her up so suddenly. Without any hesitation, he threw her into the ocean. The other man's laughter ceased when she did not come back up. "Oi," He began, his eyes widened in fear as he placed his hand on the other male's shoulder. "Did you just kill her?" They both remained silent. Had they killed her? "That's not enough to get rid of me!" A voice said behind them. It was the little girl. Her clothes were wet and her hair was soggy. She appeared to have a small bit of seaweed wrapped around her shoulder as well. Intimidated, both men attempted to get rid of her again. They threw her in and then eyed the waving ocean that still continued to smash into the pier. They did not see her come up. "Can't you two just leave?" That same voice only called again. She stood behind them once more, her hands on her hips. Both the men grimaced, scoffing as they became frustrated with her. They debated attempting once more before the ocean would bash into the old pier once more, knocking out a support beam. Both of them fell in and neither of them came back out, never to be seen again. The little girl seemed satisfied. This hadn't been the first time this had happened. The beach was empty for a reason. It seemed that anyone who ruined the ocean ended up missing. And so, she marched back to her beach home. Even to this day, parents tell their children about this mysterious girl who later turned up missing. They say that she continued to watch the ocean and anyone who ruins the ocean becomes a part of it...

Last edited:

Oli

Level 120
gncme
gncme
Omega
ACCEPTED
Congratulations, after a full discussion with the team we've decided to accept your application. DM gncme#4317 on Discord to get your roles set up!​

Users who are viewing this thread