meloqzn
Fundraiser+
Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?:
o_o_o_f

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?):
o_o_o_f#4406

Do you have a microphone?:
No. I hope that will not hinder the decision that will be made on this application.

How old are you? (Optional):

What is your time zone?:
BST (GMT+1)

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Yep.

Describe your activity on the server:
Although I am not really that active on the forums, I have been incredibly active in game as of late. Currently, I'm on summer holidays and waiting to go to college in September, since I have a lot of free time, I am basically able to log online every day and spend most of my day playing SRP. This may change when I actually start college however that doesn't mean I will be inactive totally, it'll just mean that my activity will slightly decrease - I will still be able to log on mostly every day for a few hours!

Do you have any previous bans?:
Nope.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:
German Application

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):
o_o_o_f - HS Grade-12
I have 2 other MC accounts but I am yet to play on them.

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:

IT / Computer Science

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:

Simply put, I think it's just incredibly fun to teach other people stuff that they may not know. Computer Science & IT in general has always been a subject that I've been incredibly passionate about. I think there's so much stuff about computers and how they function that makes it so fascinating to learn about. I find it really intriguing that despite the overwhelming quantity of parts that are comprised within a computer, even the smallest object can determine whether a PC can function properly or not. Furthermore, computers play such a big part in life and it's almost like we take it for granted, the technology that we have now can really change the world. The point that I'm trying to get across is that computers are amazing, they're fascinating, there is so much stuff to learn, and I wish to bring that knowledge to other people who are also interested in them whilst simultaneously giving other students facts about a computer.

In my first paragraph, I just talked about my interests in IT as a whole and how it links to my role as an IT teacher. Talking about my motivation to become a teacher in general is another thing however; watching other teachers teach classes just generally seems like a very entertaining job to do despite the constant stress that one may get from the students. I feel like it's a breath of fresh air in terms of experience and I'd be willing to try it out!

Furthermore, I'm going to start college in September and one of the courses that I'll be taking is computer science, this will really benefit me as it'll help me keep up-to-date with basic knowledge whenever I can potentially teach a computer science class. Naturally, it would also mean have a more in-depth understanding of the subject that I am applying to since I've been learning it for quite some time.

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT & If your application is accepted, you may have to undergo teacher training?:
Yes, I am very excited to undergo this training and learn new stuff.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:
From my own understanding and what I've seen so far, I believe a teacher log is frankly where a teacher "logs" their class. Put in other terms, they provide proof that they hosted their class. This is important so that the people who are in charge of the teacher faction can monitor the teacher's activity, make sure they are active and meeting their quota. On top of this, another role that teacher log's play is the teacher's salary, and if the prerequisite is met, then they can get their salary.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
In a class, there are many rules that should be followed, whilst some may be trivial, it's still important that the students follow these rules. Some examples of these rules are;

1. Simple one, but respect to fellow classmates & peers should be shown at all times. If respect is always shown, then that leads to proper co-operation and teamwork with others, and can ensure that the work is always being done to an efficient level. If, however, this rule is not being enforced properly, then it can easily create a toxic environment where students are not willing to learn, possibly encouraging others to create more havoc which may just end up being a lot more stressful for the teacher. It may ruin one's motivation as well to even attend a class, knowing that such an environment is awaiting them whenever they join a class.

2. As a teacher, I expect students to be listening to me at all times. What this means is, there should be no other communication amongst the students unless questions are being asked or permission has been given by the teacher. This is so that students will not get distracted and may properly work on any assignments they are given. Naturally, it should also halt any motivation for silly behaviour if discipline is properly enforced. If nobody listens to me, then I will not be able to focus on teaching properly, and nobody will learn, which means I'll be failing to do my job.

3. Speaking of distractions, it is also important that students are to stay seated at all times unless told to do otherwise. Getting out of your seat and jumping about is definitely a common occurrence and it creates needless distractions and encourages silly behaviour that can quickly get out of hand. This rule can definitely be made an exception if the class were to be playing a game where moving around the classroom is deemed appropriate!

4. Method of speech is also imperative when it comes to basic rules. What I mean is that when students speak, they should speak in a language that everybody is able to understand easily so that when students give any answers asked by the teacher, everybody can understand. In addition to this, it's important that nobody yells nor screams within the class, it hurts people's ears and is once again, a major distraction in the class that can become quite obnoxious. It may also make it extremely difficult for me to teach the other students if I have to divert my focus to informing the other students to halt their silly behaviour.

5. Use of mobile phones is a very "iffy" rule however it's still important it is followed. In computer science, the link between computers & phones are close, but there are times where students may use phones for other reasons that are not relevant to the class such as texting their friends or playing games, it is important that phones are not used for this reason, and therefore the use of phones should be closely monitored.

6. Food & drinks are also forbidden within the class. They are known to cause major distractions within the class and may encourage other students wanting to focus on eating and drinking as well. This will eventually lead to a problematic issue as they wont listen to the teacher (me) and wont know what to learn in class. Students should wait until lunch time & break time before they eat something.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
Whilst I am not a veteran roleplayer like everyone else might be, I've enjoyed roleplaying thus far. I get to consistently play with my friends doing a plethora of different variety activities that are provided on the server, and the fun never dies down. To top it off, I really love how it's easy to make friends with other people via roleplaying, it broadens the opportunities of who you can roleplay with, and I really like that. The opportunities within SRP are very enticing due to the extra "stuff" that you're able to play with, for example, tools, cosmetics, props, accessories, commands, roles, it's really amazing the kind of endless possibilities that you can do via roleplaying within this server, which is why I like it so much, despite me not doing it for very long. I wish to explore more types of roleplays and have a blast whilst doing so, which is another reason of me applying.

Additionally, there used to be another Minecraft roleplay server that I used to play which wasn't as active and well-known as SRP but it had somewhat similar constructs in the way it functioned. The point is, I've enjoyed roleplaying since I've started it, it is incredibly fun especially when you roleplay with friends - just playing hours on end is a blast, and whilst it may not be too relevant, I have had lots of experiences playing MMORPGs and RPGs because I truly enjoy the lore that it provided in those types of games.

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:
- HD
↳ Meaning:
Head of Department
↳ Description: The Head of Department is self-explanatory as the name implies, they are the head of said subject. They are the most qualified & experienced teacher with the biggest responsibility within their respective department. These responsibilities can include managing the activity within their departments, giving inspiration on the types of classes that can be hosted to their teachers and more. For example, they could provide incentives to the other teachers in their department to be active, or possibly work together planning a class, or even doing a class together. They act like a role-model to other lower-ranked teachers due to their sole experience and how trusted they are within the faction.

- QT
↳ Meaning:
Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: Qualified Teachers is the next rank-up from NQT. They've undergone teacher training, and have been teaching for quite some time. They are vastly more experienced than a NQT as they've been a teacher for a longer length of time. They know how to teach good, efficient and fun lessons to students because they've been a teacher for longer which broadens their creativity on the types of lessons that they can host for their students. Like a Head of Department, they are still a role model to lower-ranked teachers and are supposed to be looked up to by NQTs.

- NQT
↳ Meaning:
Newly-Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: As the name suggests, it is a teacher that has just completed their teacher training and has been promoted from UT. They are able to teach classes by themselves and are the penultimate inexperienced rank within the rank system. These teachers still lack a bit of experience and are still relatively new. They use this time as a NQT to get experience as a teacher, ready to get promoted to a QT. They show that they are a good and worthy teacher by showing their committed to being active, and hosting fun & interactive lessons.

- UT
↳ Meaning:
Unqualified Teacher
↳ Description: Once again, the name implies what a UT is. A teacher who is unqualified to teach on their own, they have just been recently hired and must undergo a teacher training so that they are able to learn how to teach a class efficiently whilst also learning how to deal with other scenarios that one may come across as a faculty member. They are meant to look up to higher-ranked teachers so they can get a good example of what being a good & competent teacher is like.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

ICly: Teachers provide the core fundamental basis of SRP. A SCHOOL roleplay without teachers would be bizarre. Their job is to teach high school students about their respective subject. Without them, students will be bored throughout the school day and will most likely have nothing to do. Classes just give that extra emphasis on what a school should be like. A teacher gets a salary of 350,000 Yen if they are able to meet the prerequisite of 10 classes within the month. Teachers may also teach an extra 5 classes for a bonus of 50,000 Yen, limited to 150,000 - this is completely optional hence why it serves as a bonus or an incentive if teachers wish to do more. Within their spare time, teachers can use the opportunity to plan their lesson to ensure that their lesson is not only fun, but productive so that students actually get something out of it.

OOCly: I mean, without teachers IRL, life would be chaos. Generations worth of knowledge would be lost, evolution in life would get nowhere. We practically couldn't survive without teachers because they give us not only happy & childhood memories and a guide on how to live in the real world, but for the scholars in life who spend their life learning about the world. One example is how much technology has evolved, nobody would be able to read this forum thread without teachers spreading generations of knowledge. I could only imagine how much more technology will continue to prosper. Teaching is a job that a lot of us take for granted due to its easy accessibility but it should be known that teachers are amazing people despite their possible stressful job at times. Similarly, teachers in their spare time can plan their lessons, but also take a break at home, since it's known that students can definitely cause a lot of stress to teachers.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:
As mentioned previously in my answer, teachers can be argued to be the thread that keeps the server together. After all, what is a school server without teachers? It simply just does not make sense and will probably not be as fun - mostly because there will be a lot less roleplay opportunities. Teachers are just important because they teach high school students basic knowledge. They are the stepping stone if one wishes to advance in their education if they wish to get a degree or something similar. They are also imperative especially for the newer players who join the server, they are automatically in High School which means Teachers have a bigger responsibility as the amount of people they can teach is a lot more vast.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
MOSCOW - Must have, should have, could have, wont have.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does they look like? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is their personality like? What are their plan for the future?

Appearance:
Toru Yu would be a fit male standing at approximately 5'8, he would be part Japanese & part German. His eyes would always be relaxed and somewhat lazy to emphasize his constant hard-working nature. Additionally, because of this sole fact, dark rings/circles would be easily visible underneath the eye to indicate the aftermath of working for so long. The colour would be an unusual & unique type of brown, almost chestnut-like. Simultaneously, his eyes and his gaze would be comforting, inviting anyone for a friendly conversation if anyone wishes to have one. Similarly, like his brown eyes, he would have a similar colour of hair. He'd rarely take care of his hair nor would he often style it as he thought it would be a trivial waste of time. Generally, Toru is seen wearing baggy-like clothes as they are more comfortable and more casual giving him a more warming demeanour. However, he will put on a more formal attire if needs be, for example, in a workplace or attending a formal event. Not to mention, Toru usually has a lazy posture, constantly slouching, possibly hinting at his laziness.

Personality: Whilst Toru may be lazy at times and sticks around at home as much as he can, he is an incredibly dedicated-worker, usually studying as much as he can for school. Toru is an enthusiastic scholar wanting to learn more about the type of world we live in - because of this, he is also quite a philosophical type of person, always asking controversial questions. Generally, he is a very shy & introverted person who doesn't talk all that often as he wishes to just focus on what he needs to do. Although he is introverted, when he is with his amazing & cheerful friends, he acts like a completely different person. He is incredibly caring for his friends and wishes nothing but the best. He is a very patient person which means he often listens to his friend's problems regardless of how long it takes.

Outlook on students & teachers / future: Given his experiences during his time on school, he's seen quite a lot of immature students which is one of the reasons why he wishes to become a teacher. He wishes to enforce a good mindset & behaviour upon the students so that when they grow up, they can be mature & respectful outside of the school. On the contrary, he looks up a lot to the teachers, maybe because they are adults. Though the age gap differs greatly between Toru as a student and the teachers, he looks at teachers in awe as they teach their lessons and tries to pay them the best respect as he can. He acknowledges the fact that teachers should not be taken for granted and that they do their job stunningly. As Toru grows up, he doesn't really have a life plan ahead of him, he wishes to continue studying & learning more and more, as much as brain can possibly fit, and spread that knowledge. Becoming a teacher is simply just a stepping stone for him in his career so he can advance in his knowledge.

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:
Because this scenario is very vague, so many things could've happened, as such, there are many possibilities that I could do. However, the top priority is getting them to stop making contact with each other. Cursing in the hallway is not only a bad example to the other students, but it's an eyesore and nobody comes to school wanting to watch an argument, it's pathetic. In addition to this, new people who may have just enrolled to the school can easily get afraid. If someone doesn't stop them, it's heavily possible that this can escalate and turn into some sort of fight and this definitely does not belong on the school premises which is why it's important to break them apart. I also find it important to understand the context of the situation so I will try my hardest to make individual contact with everyone who was involved as well as bystanders to understand the situation. Once I have understood what had happened and got a general idea, I will teach the people involved that what they did is wrong, give them tips to possibly improve their behaviour from hereon so that they acknowledge to not do it again. The very last thing I will do is to get them to apologize, definitely to each other if it was some unneeded conflict, but possibly to others who were involved, or those who were watching as they could've gotten a slight fright and may not focus properly in lessons.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
It should be made a priority that students within the class should listen to the teacher. Generally, I believe this depends on the quantity of people that are speaking within the class. If it's a single individual, I will simply go up to them and ask them to refrain from speaking. If they refuse to comply, I will tell them the effect that they're having on the class and that they are interrupting everyone's learning. If it's a group of people speaking however, it can easily encourage other people to speak out loud as if I was allowing it, so because of this, I will immediately tell them to halt their conversation and state that they should listen to the teacher (me) so that the class will stay composed and not return to a chaotic state. If, after that, they still refuse to listen to me, I will ask them to come up in front of the class, assuming that they could possibly do a better job then me. This would reinforce the idea that they should listen to me, so they know what we are learning about.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:
As the name implies, it's a lounge. This would mean that my character would relax and take their time, possibly eating any snacks if there are any available, however, they would still remain professional. As it's a lounge, there would most likely be other teachers there doing the same thing that I would be doing, so to break the ice and have a nice mood around the lounge, I would converse with the other teachers regarding how their day has been, if anything exciting happened etc. I would also use this time to plan for any lessons that I would like to teach my students in the future. I would also love to give and take inspiration from other teachers! As a teacher, it's important that we work together and possibly give ideas on the types of lessons we can teach to each other, or possibly different ideas on how to get that information across, like different games to play.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me
Toru would stroll slowly into the classroom with a straight face & posture indicating that the lesson was about to commence. He would take a deep and lengthy inhale getting ready to speak to his kind students: "Salutations, everyone!". He would breath a sigh of relief to emphasize that his nervousness of teaching this class has been vacated.

/me Toru would stand up immediately and walk around the classroom peeking around cautiously to see if anybody was on their phone. "Ahem! Put that away!" stated the teacher in a very serious tone. His eyes would look down upon the student and reached out his hand as if he was about to confiscate the student's phone.

/me Toru gulped as if he needed some sort of drink to calm him down. He grabbed his mug filled with coffee and took a long, big sip of his liquid. He cautiously put the mug back down and his eyebrows suddenly raised as if he has been satisfied with the strong drink.

/me Toru would walk his way over to a student who had his arm raised up for assistance. The student showed visible confusion towards a question so he would carefully observe the question, humming to himself to demonstrate that he was thinking and would simplify the question for the student whilst simultaneously smiling at the student to indicate his calm and welcoming demeanour.

Backstory

Toru was originally born in Japan but to German parents which would usually be an unusual circumstance. During his childhood as well as his adolescence, he had a private tutor teaching him how to speak German for the most part however there were times that he would learn other stuff as Toru and his tutor got along pretty well. For example, his tutor used to be a software engineer so he would sometimes teach Toru stuff about computers. Toru was absolutely amazed and looked at his tutor in complete awe. Ever since that day, Toru has always had inspirations to build his own computer, possibly even become a software engineer, or even have a job at all relating to the field of computing. During Toru's time at school, he would struggle making friends due to his introverted nature and his inability to speak Japanese very fluently as he prioritized speaking German first. However, it's because he lacked friends that he was so focussed on his studies and had a knack for learning easily.

As Toru grew up, by the age of 17, his parents decided to get a divorce for reasons that are still unknown to him, because of this, it made him incredibly upset however that was not the main issue. Toru relied on his parents so much, it was ridiculous. He was anything but independent, it was like he was glued to his parents as he loved them so much. He loved everything about them, when they sat at the family table to eat, when they went out on road trips, or any time when time was spent together as a family. However, this was all vanishing as if it never happened as soon as the divorce came around. Toru had lost his tutor, his parents, and was practically forced to become independent. He had to live on his own which was a hard task for him since he wasn't used to it but after some time, he managed to make some friends in school and that allowed him to learn more skills as he grew independent.

During his time in school, Toru often liked to help his classmates whenever they struggled in his lessons. He found it extremely satisfying when he could act like the teacher's pet and help out fellow peers, I suppose he found it sophisticating when his knowledge could be used for something helpful. Because of this feeling, it inspired him to want to become an actual teacher so he could continuously feel the satisfaction of helping others learn about new things. During the process of him becoming a teacher, he thought that this would be a great time to step in his Tutor's boots. Similar to how Toru's tutor taught him about computing, he would like to do the same, Toru teaching other students about computing.

In-Character Information
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only):

Toru Yu
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):
Mr.
Given Name(s):
Toru Yu
Preferred Name:
Toru

Age (Minimum is 27):
Religious Denomination:
Atheist