What is your Minecraft username?:
o_o_o_f

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?):

o_o_o_f#4406

How old are you? (Optional):

What is your time zone?:

GMT

Describe your activity on the server:

I think I first started on SchoolRP 7-ish months ago and during that time, I've had a few on & off breaks but I've been pretty active, logging on guaranteed at least once a week to play with my friends. As I have been able to manage my free time a lot more efficiently, I now have a lot more time to get on and play on both my minecraft accounts, that being this one that I'm applying on and my alt account. Currently, I should be able to get 3-4 hours weekly on SRP however that usually depends on how my workload is with college, usually it's not too bad though. Since the account that I'm applying with does not have any significant role (Adult), I do not play that as often as my alt account which I'm hoping to change upon being accepted!

Have you ever been banned (If yes, when and why?):

Nope!

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:

Of course.

School Employee Role you are applying for?:

Applying for Tutor!

In as much detail as possible, describe the employee role you are applying for:

A tutor, in my opinion, feels like a more relaxed/casual approach for the students' education and learning opportunities. As teachers & professors usually have to deal with a class as a whole, they generally never get the opportunity to have a 1-1 session with students who might just need that extra little bit of help and assistance in their work to be able to understand it, however, tutors are able to fulfil that exact role and fill in the gap where teachers and professors can't. Tutors are able to dedicate their time and commit themselves to support students academically when they need it the most, possibly for last minute test preparation, a deeper dive into seemingly complex subjects, or simply just give hints & clues to students to point them in the right direction, so that they're able to efficiently study by themselves.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:

Although I wouldn't say I'm a complete expert in roleplay yet, I've been slowly building my experience up with the jobs that I have previously applied for! Being a Teacher & a Judge as well as having short college student roleplay experiences has really helped me build up the courage as well as the knowledge on starting a roleplay or just joining in! As I continue playing on the server, my experience gradually increases and I look really forward to where that takes me! Furthermore, I've met many friends with the short time that I've been on the server which I am very thankful for and I am really excited to make more!

Why do you want to join the School Employee faction?:

I feel that Tutors are a very under-valued employee role which can make a significant difference in a student's academic life, passing or failing, being successful and aspirational compared to not even trying. I would simply just like to gain more experience and roleplay as a Tutor as it seems like a very interesting and fun role, and since I've not been involved with anything school related in-game for a good while now, I feel like being a Tutor can be a wonderful breath of fresh air to be able to meet new people & go through new roleplay experiences.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:

Teacher Application
Judge Application
German Application

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):

o_o_o_f - Adult
xquii - Judge

────────────

Situations
/*Do not mention use of FearRP*/

During a work-shift a student starts cursing at you for being pathetic, how does your character react?:
Toru would try his best to look unaffected by the student's comment and would remain calm. He'd approach the student cautiously and instantly tell them to stop cursing immediately and would ignore the comments that are being made so as to avoid a heated discussion. If they continue with their insults and their relentless cursing, Toru would remind the student that there are and will be consequences to their actions and they will get in trouble if they continued how they are acting now. If the student was still continuing to be aggressive, I would use the faculty radio and ask for assistance on calming the student down and make sure that if anyone is distracted by the situation, that they are simply to just ignore it and move along.

You notice two students are physically fighting in the hallway, – multiple punches have been thrown – how does your character react?:

Toru would instantly rush over towards the area and if there are any students watching the fight, he'd tell them to ignore it and focus on something else like studying. He'd then turn his attention towards the fight and break it up immediately, attempting to get in the middle of it to try and break them apart. If that is not plausible, he'd ask for some assistance on the radio to help keep the students apart. Subsequently, he would remain unbiased and try get the perspectives on both the students to try and reach a conclusion as to what action to take, whether it be a detention, or to raise the issue up to SLT.

Another school employee is clearly acting inappropriately, doing something very dangerous on the job, how does your character react?:

Toru will immediately try to make an interaction with the employee in question to tell the employee to stop whatever they are doing. He would remind them that doing something inappropriate and committing dangerous acts will set a bad example to the students as employees are meant to be role models & professional people. Depending on the severity of the situation, if it was mild, he'd simply warn the employee that doing it again would result in consequences, if it was a lot more serious however, he'd try to get some evidence and notify SLT to look into it.

When in the employee break room, how does your character act?

As the name implies, it's a break room so he will take this time to take a nice and relaxing break. Eat snacks and drink drinks if there are any available and think of ways to encourage students to improve academically whether it simply just be turning up to lessons or getting help from a Tutor. He'd also greet other employees/faculty workers in the break room and ask them how they're doing, whether they need any assistance with anything etc.

Provide us with at least three detailed /me's of your character whilst on your chosen role:

/me
would show the student where to sit down whilst looking in his drawers for a sophisticating pencil & a piece of lined paper to hand to the student, ready to give his explanation.. "So firstly, you must multiply these numbers", Toru would say in a very re-affirming and confident voice as to reinforce the fact that he knows what he is doing and keep the student comfortable with a rather simple explanation.

/me
noticed a fellow employee enter the break room and would stand up with a straight posture and bring out his hand, ready for a handshake.. "Greetings! My name is Toru, glad to make your acquaintance". He'd say comfortably and happily as if he was in a good mood ready to start the day and would extend his hand even more to hopefully initiate a handshake.

/me
would carefully put on his glasses to read the very small handwriting that was inside the book presented in front of him, he would pick up his coffee cup and take a large and long sip before placing it down and having a lengthy thought about the work he was currently reading, he'd squint his eyes and then placed his glasses back on the desk.. "having understandable and cohesive writing is vital to being successful.. I can't read a single word on this paper" he'd tell the student as he was assessing his work.

────────────

In-Character Section
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

Full Name (First & Last only): Toru Yu
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mr.
Preferred Name:
Toru.

Age (Minimum is 25):
Religious Denomination:
Atheist.
Marital Status:
Single.

Academic Degree:
Bachelor's
Year of Graduation:
Major(s):
Comp. Science & Mathematics
Minors:
History

Nationality:
Japanese
Current Location:
Karakura, Japan
Native Languages:
Japanese
Other Languages:
German

Backstory

Toru was originally born in Japan but to German parents which would usually be an unusual circumstance. As he was growing up, he had a tutor teaching him how to speak German for the most part however there were times that he would learn other stuff as Toru and his tutor were well-acquainted with one another. For example, his tutor used to be a software engineer so he would sometimes teach Toru exciting stuff about computers, to which he was very impressed with. Ever since that day, Toru has always had inspirations to build his own computer, possibly even become a software engineer, or even have a job at all relating to the field of computing. He was incredibly excited to become an adult so that he could be like his tutor. During Toru's time at school, he would struggle making friends due to his introverted nature and his inability to speak Japanese very fluently as he prioritized speaking German first. However, it's because he lacked friends that he was so focussed on his studies and had a knack for learning easily.

As Toru grew up, by the age of 17, his parents decided to get a divorce for reasons that are still unknown to him, because of this, it made him incredibly upset however that was not the main issue. Toru relied on his parents so much, it was ridiculous. He was anything but independent, it was like he was glued to his parents as he loved them so much. He loved everything about them, when they sat at the family table to eat, when they went out on road trips, or any time when time was spent together as a family. However, this was all vanishing as if it never happened as soon as the divorce came around. Toru had lost his tutor, his parents, and was practically forced to become independent. He had to live on his own which was a hard task for him since he wasn't used to it but after some time, he managed to make some friends in school and that allowed him to learn more skills as he grew independent.

During his time in school, Toru often liked to help his classmates whenever they struggled in his lessons but helped quietly so as to not disturb the rest of the class & the teacher from teaching. He found it extremely satisfying when he could help others out as it made him feel a lot better and motivated to get smart, I suppose he found it sophisticating when his knowledge could be used for something helpful. Because of this feeling, it inspired him to want to become an actual teacher so he could continuously feel the satisfaction of helping others learn about new things. During the process of him becoming a teacher, he thought that this would be a great time to step in his Tutor's boots. Similar to how Toru's tutor taught him about computing, he would like to do the same, being able to teach others about similar subjects that he was interested in.

Toru did not like being a fully-committed teacher, he realized that it was not what he had wanted for reasons unknown. Possibly because it was too much to handle? Too overwhelming and he'd not adapted to that kind of lifestyle? Toru remembered how his tutor was like a beacon of hope to him, and suddenly had a spark of motivation.. He'd wanted to be like his tutor, inspiring other students & kids and reminding them that school is important, it has its fun moments so that they should be treasured. He'd want other children to be successful and so, he took a deep dive into how to become a Tutor, what qualifications were needed, etc.

Motivation for Joining KHS:
"I've heard so much great stuff about KHS before even becoming a teacher here, the students, the environment, everything I heard was just to my liking and I simply wish to be involved and be surrounded by that type of workplace. Ever since I quit my job, I have missed working in that environment, so why not apply to join back, become a Tutor, and I'd be hopefully able to work at my own pace.. ah, just even thinking about how nice that cafeteria was, it's one of the best I've ever seen!"

Do you have any previous experience working in a school environment? If so, please elaborate (If not, respond with "N/A"):

"Ah yes, as I mentioned in the previous question, I used to be a teacher for this exact school! Unfortunately however, the workload was way too overwhelming for me, I just.. couldn't keep up. Regardless however, I've met so many great fellow teachers from there which had helped me become a better person, improve who I am, and my motivation for joining back.. the idea of working there again just gets me all excited again!"

Why should you be accepted over the other applicants?:

"Well, I have experience with students already which should be considered as I know how to talk to students, how to approach them, how to make sure that they are able to understand the work clearly, I feel like all these are very important traits for a Tutor to have. Furthermore, I have plenty of time which means that I am very much capable to make plethora of resources for the future that students are able to use if they wish to ever ask for help.. that way, I'll already be prepared to give them in-depth yet simple and easy-to-understand explanations about whatever the topic/subject is!"

────────────

Extra
/*You may leave this blank*/

Additional notes about your application: N/A
Do you have any questions?: N/A

Mariav

Level 211
itsmariav
itsmariav
Omega
Pending

- Unfortunately, we don't have any spots at the moment but whenever this changes I'll review this application again!
- If you ever decide to remove this application change the title to [REMOVE]

If you have any questions don't hesitate to DM me - mariav#6666

Mariav

Level 211
itsmariav
itsmariav
Omega
Accepted

Congratulations, you have been accepted for the role of Tutor! Please ping mariav#6666 and link this application on Academics Discord to get things started.

Users who are viewing this thread