Level 69
psychoment
psychoment
Rich
KARAKURA POLICE DEPARTMENT POLICE OFFICER APPLICATION

Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IGN (In-Game Name):

indexproxies (main account)
offseer (alternative account, and the one that i am applying on)

Discord Name & Tag:
tong#5537

Previous bans:
N/A.

Describe your activity on the server:
My activity is decent, staying online everyday for about 4 hours at a time mainly on my main account. I usually get on at nocturnal times in my timezone, so my presence is common in peak times. However, this usually common presence can fluctuate due to things outside the server.

Which timezone are you in?
GMT+7

List your current and past IC/OOC faction applications:
None. In fact, this is the first faction I am applying for.

What is your motivation for applying?:
Two months ago, I applied for the KPD internships out of simple interest for the faction. I really enjoyed all of it throughout all five days, and my interest in applying for the faction grew. During all that, it made me realize that I’ve never applied for a faction all this time, and that I want to make that step one way or another soon. Initially, I was going to submit an application at the end of the internships, however I was not really that motivated to write one at that time, missing the wave. But, now that I have the chance to, I won’t skip out on it this time.

What knowledge do you have of Police Work?
There is a lot that I have learned during my time at the internships, and I will proceed to list some of them below in my own understanding.

Rankings
The force is split in two divisions, the main division and the detective division, with a capacity of 19 and 10 players, respectively.

Starting from the top of it all, we have the Commissioner. The person who possesses this role is obviously the leader of the police faction, and holds the most authority in the force itself.
The Police Captain is one step below, yet it is still the highest rank you can attain in the main division. They oversee the main force in its entirety. The detective division’s counterpart to the Police Captain is the Police Detective Superintendent, overseeing the detective division instead of the main one. Obviously, they are a part of the higher-ups in the force.

Diving to the bottom, we have the start of every officer’s journey: the Cadet. For several weeks, you’ll need to attend daily training, both Informational and Physical. During all this, the only jobs that you’ll be entrusted with in your off-training hours are front desk jobs or checking on the CCTV. As a Cadet, you’re not allowed to go out on patrols by yourself. At the end of it all, an examination that covers everything you’ve been learning so far is required to move forward through the ranks.
The Patrol Officer is the next rank that you’ll be moving to after passing your exams and obtaining your badge. The patrol restriction is now lifted, and the ability to go off-duty is obtained. Police Corporals come after. This is the rank where you’re now able to train lower-ranking officers using both methods, Informational and Physical. Of course, you can also opt to train people in your preferred method.
Next are Police Sergeants. At this point, you’ve been in the force for a while already, all that accumulated experience whilst working in the force will probably make people under you consider you a senior, so you’re expected to set examples for them.
Finally, Police Lieutenants are considered the secondary higher-ups to the main force, housing the heads of both Information & Physical training, and they’re the one behind the cadet examinations.

Over at the detective division, once transferred, you’ll start off as a Police Detective Constable, where you’ll be trained with the necessary skills for detective work. This is the equivalent of a Cadet in the division. An examination is required to advance into the next rank, Police Detective Inspector.
Similarly, the detective division has a lieutenant counterpart: Police Detective Chief Inspector. They’re also considered as higher-ups.

Desk Work

The officer sitting at the front desk has a wide range of tasks, such as informing bail amounts, people filing restraining orders, and people bailing out a prisoner. These will usually be done by them. They don’t sit at the desk forever, though. Because if people come for visitations or to report a crime, They will have to pat them down before allowing them into the station. These are not the only instances that a search happens, though. If a person triggers the metal detector at the entrance, they will be requested to approach the wall almost immediately.

Patrolling
One of the main activities for the force. The officers roam around the town in search of bad things that may happen there, such as any criminal activity that would take place, and intervene. During patrols, officers can search any suspicious individuals, one prime example being individuals wearing a ballistic mask.

Searching someone requires you to pat them down in order to search for any illegal objects or things that might lead to a fine. There are procedures to patdowns, too. The most common one is The 6 O’clock, requiring one officer to stand guard right behind, watching the back of the officer that is searching to prevent incoming one-sided attacks. While there are more officers that are patrolling, they can switch to either one of their alternatives, The Ring. As the name suggests, the rest of the officers will surround the one that is currently searching, covering all blind spots entirely. The second alternative is called The Cone, although similar to the ring, the officers are more spread out.

CCTV
The cameras that are spread across Karakura can be accessed through a room in the station by any officer. They’re usually used to survey through the town, or track down a specific person. They can also go through previous footage that has happened in the past.

Equipment
An officer’s arsenal of tools allows them to deal with almost any situation. I will list most of them down below.

Luminol Spray: One of the many Item-Roleplay limited items. It is a spray usually used on metal baseball bats or the ballistic mask in order to find any blood on them.

Breathalyzer: A physical item used to measure the alcohol percentage level. Usually used when they suspect that you might be drunk. If the percentage is over a certain level, You’ll be fined for public intoxication.

Handcuffs: A tool used to restrain someone that is currently being detained. An officer carries two pairs. And to resist being restrained, you will have to engage in a clash of rolling against the officer, and win.

Baton: An officer’s main choice for close-quarters combat, and also the primary option in water chases. It is a two-hit-KO weapon with two blocks of range, and it is muggable, providing you have the valid permissions.

Radio: The main form of communication for the entirety of emergency services. It is used to relay information to one another, or to call for backups.

X26 Taser: An officer’s non-lethal ranged option. It is primarily used to stun criminals that pose a threat. Although it needs to be actioned to be taken out if they are directly in range. For firing, it is the same, unless the target is actively moving. It is unmuggable.

Pepper Spray: A medium-range disruptive option for the officers to utilize while being assaulted. This inflicts blindness to the target for a maximum of 2 minutes. It has to be actioned to be taken out. For usage, it is the same. Can’t be mugged. Only Corporals and higher-ranking officers possess this item.

Crowbar: A crowbar’s primary usage is to break down any locked door that the officers need to get through. It is muggable, and only Corporals and officers of higher rank possess this item.

Glock-17: An officer’s most lethal ranged option. It is used in the most dangerous of situations. This is only available to higher ranking officers. Of course, it is not muggable, and an action is needed to bring it out.

Police Bike & Cruisers: They are vehicles that allow the officers to respond to calls faster. The bike only allows a sole officer, however, the Cruiser can transport up to four people for transport. Only Corporals and above ranks possess the Bike, and only high-ranking officers and Detective Inspectors possess the Cruiser.

Why is Police important to SchoolRP?
Within SchoolRP’s current setting, Karakura, crime is a very common thing to happen there. The police faction serves as a balancing factor, and a ‘risk’ present to all criminals. If the faction were to cease to exist, all the criminals would actively perform crimes without any sense of risk at all. The KPD’s presence allows them to contain the setting in a reasonable state, keeping criminal activity to a minimum.

Do you acknowledge that you're subject to being demoted if accepted at any given time?
Yes, I acknowledge the fact that I am subject to being demoted at any time upon acceptance.

Do you acknowledge that by applying for this role, you are agreeing to be 100% dedicated to the Police Officer role?
Yes. Upon acceptance, I will try my best to put most of my dedication to the officer role.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are needed to attend or you will be punished?
Yes. If any training is held while I am available, I acknowledge that I am needed to attend.

In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: CHARACTER INFORMATION

Character's Full Name:
Enu Shizaki

Character's age (if accepted):

Character's gender & pronouns:
Male - he/him, they/them

Character's Academic Background
(Grade-12/Bachelors/Masters/PhD):

Masters in Criminology.

What languages are you proficient in besides Japanese?
Enu is only proficient in English as his secondary language.

Describe your character; how they look, what makes them unique?
Black hair long enough to be tied up into a ponytail, and an expression that makes you wonder if he is really alive or not. If you stare into his dull grey eyes enough, a response will certainly be delivered to you. Enu appears to be shorter than he looks due to his posture, his height of 6’2” only showing when he is standing upright.
With Enu’s statue-like expression, some might find it creepy when he moves from one place to another with minimal sounds.

(art is done by me. an attempt of mixing noah (xc3) and netzach (library of ruina appearance)'s hairstyle together.)

How does your character act in a professional/casual situation?
In a professional situation, Enu only reserves his words when he’s required, keeping to himself most of the time and devoting himself to the process of the work only. This in turn makes him appear mysterious, leaving a grand tale to be discovered.
Or is it?
On the other side of the page, Enu is somebody you’d find in the corner of the room sleeping in the most casual of situations. His pessimism that he tries his best not to let it bleed into his work takes surface. Of course, he is more open to conversations, even going so far as to initiate them. However, they usually get shot down quickly due to Enu himself ruining the conversation’s mood.

“This is this. I’ll just go out and buy another one.. No use fighting Ueno over my drink, she’ll snap me in half..”

What is their outlook on the idea of co-workers & teamwork?
Although placing himself distant from others at times, Enu really appreciates having people he can share mutual trust with, even going as far as priortizing their safety over his own. As for teamwork, he’s happy working with just anyone, as long as the work goes smoothly for them.

Do you see yourself as a leader or a follower? Why?
Enu only considers himself a follower, happily sinking back into the background as he receives orders. Thoughts of him being in a leadership position never crossed his own mind. Not even once.

BACKSTORY (100+ words)
April 27th, 1993. On that date, Enu was born into this world. Back then, he was a healthy only child with less things to worry about in life. As he grew up, he found himself interested in several things, including police work. At the age of ten, He wasn’t the only child anymore. His younger siblings, Ueno and Kano were born. Enu was overjoyed, being a lone child until now. As his youth continued, Enu’s academic performance sat still at the average zone, him being content with this. As time passed, he began having dissatisfaction with his results and strived to be a better version of himself each year. Until that suddenly came to a halt, as a certain event that struck Enu to his core occurred, melding him into what he is today.

The 22nd of December. Nobody knew what happened to him that day. Not his friends, not his siblings, not his parents. It’s only Enu that knows this, and him alone.

That event was Enu’s final push towards deciding his major. Flashing forward to the now, Enu submits an application towards the Karakura Police Department after seeing the state of present Karakura. He did not want anyone else to suffer as he did during that day.

SECTION 2: GENERAL KNOWLEDGE

Can you legally own a pocket knife in Karakura?
No, you cannot legally own a pocket knife. In fact, if you’re found possessing it, you’ll be arrested for possession of illegal weaponry.

Name 5 medical items that do NOT require a prescription
Eyepatch, Surgical Mask, Unbranded Bandage, Wooden Cane and Paracetamol. These items do not require a prescription to be purchased.

If you see your co-workers physically abusing an inmate, what should you do?
First, I will make sure that my body camera is in working order. After making sure that it is operating as intended, I will confront said co-worker in order to stop any further abuse from taking place. Then, check up on the inmate. If physical abuse took place, I will request an EMS to patch them up. After that, I will gather the footage that was recorded and report the incident to a higher-up.

What should you do if you see your co-worker being assaulted?
Assess the situation. If it is clear that the co-worker is at a disadvantage, call in for back-up and engage with the intent to restrain and detain the assailants to the best of my ability until the back-ups arrive. If EMS is needed as well, send in a request. If the situation can be managed with both me and the co-worker, I’ll engage right away without calling for backup.

What do you do if you find out that your co-worker is corrupt and is helping criminal organizations?
At the best of my ability, I will find and gather evidence of the officer being corrupt while informing my higher-ups about it. Once enough evidence has been gathered, I will submit them towards the higher-ups.

How would you react to a criminal trying to bribe you?
Refuse any attempts of bribery towards myself, and fine them for it.

Yonio

Level 327
Senior Admin
Police Lead
Media Coordinator
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
ACCEPTED
After having carefully reviewed your applications, the higher-up team
has decided to give you a chance at becoming part of our faction!​

WHAT NOW?
-
In order to proceed, you will need to join the discord server that house
the faction you have applied for. To find it, go to the SchoolRP discord
server (CLICK HERE) and search for our discord server!

- We will also need you to be online to receive your introductions and
the necessary equipment to carry out your duties as part of the faction!​

ADDITIONAL NOTES
If you need further assistance, you can privately message
me (Yonio#5112) or any other available Admin+ via Discord
so that we can solve any other inquiries you may have

Users who are viewing this thread