Cyborgo

Level 1
IGN:
Cyborgo
DATE:
5/31/2022
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
We have Latin, why not Okinawan? Okinawan, or Uchinaguchi,
is not to be confused with Okinawan Japanese, a Japanese dialect.
Okinawan is a language of its own, with very apparent differences to Modern day Japanese, being only slightly related in its use of syllables.
Okinawan is actually closer to another language, Northern Okinawan, or Ku****mi, which might also be a fun addition as a language for those who want it.
Okinawan is an older language like Latin, but not so far fetched as to be extinct. (Latin is an extinct language and still an option)
One minor example of the difference between Okinawan and Japanese:
(Thank you in English):
Japanese
Okinawan
Arigatō​
Nifēdēbiru​

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
I think the lack of languages in the Japanese archipelago is a big missed opportunity, as SchoolRP canonically takes place in Japan.
I think that Okinawan would be a great addition, as it can be a nice alternative for those who want to keep their languages more grounded,
especially if they come from Okinawa to study about their heritage or are just interested about learning about Southern Japan.​

Last edited:

Cyborgo

Level 1
For some reason it censors the middle part of Northern Okinawan's native language. I cannot seem to fix this.

Hamburger

Level 188
LocalHamburger
LocalHamburger
Fundraiser+
I can't agree nor disagree, because like what pash said, Chinese and Mandarin are pretty much the same thing, but Okinawan is a previously removed language, so I don't see the biggest harm into bringing it back

Freddy

Level 36
Partytime_Freddy
Partytime_Freddy
Notable
-1 Good idea but what pash said. Then you could also pretty much just request a ''North Korean'' since North Koreans for example speak much different Korean than South Koreans who have a very hard time understanding them most of the time, the only thing they still share is writing if I'm right. (I cannot 100% confirm this but I'm a very historical, political, and cultural person who watches too many documentaries per day and from what I've read, watched, and heard this should be pretty much true but I don't wanna get too deep into this since we/I don't actually know for sure.) The same also goes for a lot of German ''languages'', I live in Germany and there are many different types of German you can pretty already count as a new language not a dialect directly, yet neither of them are in the game too or have never been requested. Many languages are in this world and some are missing on SRP ofc, not to mention only having JSL while there are countless sign languages and so on, and so on, you get what I mean there is enough to cover the server in my opinion but your request is ofc understandable.

Last edited:

Cyborgo

Level 1
-1 Good idea but what pash said. Then you could also pretty much just request a ''North Korean'' since North Koreans for example speak much different Korean than South Koreans who have a very hard time understanding them most of the time, the only thing they still share is writing if I'm right. (I cannot 100% confirm this but I'm a very historical, political, and cultural person who watches too many documentaries per day and from what I've read, watched, and heard this should be pretty much true but I don't wanna get too deep into this since we/I don't actually know for sure.) The same also goes for a lot of German ''languages'', I live in Germany and there are many different types of German you can pretty already count as a new language not a dialect directly, yet neither of them are in the game too or have never been requested. Many languages are in this world and some are missing on SRP ofc, not to mention only having JSL while there are countless sign languages and so on, and so on, you get what I mean there is enough to cover the server in my opinion but your request is ofc understandable.
I disagree, for the reason that North Korean is not a language expressed much online or in game, as the politics is rough and just a complete mess. Normally, Korean is just South Korean. I also feel as if more Japanese sister languages are understandably needed in a game like this, as (no disrespect to India or Africa, but there are a ton of random languages there I've never heard muttered on the server). I have also hear the argument brought up that it may be confused with the Okinawan dialect. I think if this is an issue, you can just use Uchinaguci as the language's name.

These are my thoughts. You do bring up some good points though.

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for your feedback.

- We won't be adding more languages. If you wish to roleplay this you may do so by including your character's dialect in your description (note that every character speaks Japanese by default)​

Users who are viewing this thread