mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Denied Oliver's Teacher Application

Gloria_Lenox

Level 0
Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?: Lord_OliverLenox

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?): OᒪIᐯEᖇ [ オリバー ]#9699

How old are you? (Optional): N/A

What is your time zone?: EST

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?: Yes, I do acknowledge this information. I will do my best to be online as much as possible.

Describe your activity on the server: I am online mostly around the afternoon, after school. Mostly everyday after school, if I do not have work to do. If so, I'm on in the evening. Most of my activity is on the weekends.

Do you have any previous bans?: No, I do not.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:

https://schoolrp.net/threads/korean-language-application.20430/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/korean-language-application.20383/

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):

Grade-11

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:

Performing Arts (More focused on Theatre)

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:

I was hoping to becoming a real teacher in real life, so I figured this would be the best practice I could get at my age, while still having fun.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:

Teacher class logs are documents that collects data in a classroom. It allows them to reflect on lessons and what impacts it could have left on students, and they could take that data and use that data for other lessons.

You want to start a school field trip; how do you do that?:

I would plan where and when the field trip would take place and talk about it with a higher up.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:

No speaking during the lesson, respect other students while talking/presenting, and to stay in their seat they have chosen.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:

I have roleplayed for about more than 3 years. I've only been roleplaying in this server for about a year. I've learned other ways to roleplay, and I've taught others the basics of roleplaying.

Describe the ranking system of teachers:
- HD
↳ Meaning:
Head of Department
↳ Description: This teacher is the head of whatever subject they chose to teach.

- QT
↳ Meaning:
Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: They have qualifications of a teacher, but they don't have leadership positions, but they aren't new either.

- NQT
↳ Meaning:
Newly Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: They got their degree or just began working.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general. Teachers in-game provide a teaching experience found in real schools. Making RP more realistic. Teachers out-of-game can plan their lessons, just as a real teacher would do out of class. Teachers can earn a salary of 450k yen monthly. Teachers can teach in multiple ways, they can be more writing based or more talkative based and project based and work with other students. Teachers can involve real topics teachers in real life talk about and can incorporate them into roleplay. Teachers in their spare time can write down new lesson plans or grade homework from the previous lessons.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:

Teachers are important to a SchoolRP server because it allows the RP to involve more real-life aspects.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:

The lesson planning system is very similar to real-life aspects.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he look like? What makes him unique and different? What is his outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his personality like? What is his plan for the future? Ethelred Lenox is an abnormally tall man standing at 6'8" with stubble on his face, tanned skin, black long-ish hair, and hazel eyes. Although, during his middle/highschool years he was admired for his height, Ethelred always was insecure about his height. His outlook on students was always accommodating. He is willing to listen to the ideas and requests of his students. He always seemed to want their feedback and always checked in to make sure they were doing mentally okay. He is willing to cooperate with other teachers, and listen to their feedback and criticism. Ethelred Lenox is very strict and stuck-up at times, but he has always been virtuous, and a great leader. His plan for his future is undecided, but he was thinking of becoming a professor.

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:

He would warn the students, and if they didn't stop he would give them a detention.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:

He would clap 3 times, if nobody reponded he would whistle as a last warning. If they still didn't respond, he would send the students not listening, to detention.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:

He would probably be drinking coffee, while writing plans for the next lesson. Possibly asking other teachers in the lounge for assistance and their advice.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me Ethelred would glance at the students sitting down, waiting for class to commence. He would walk to the black-board, picking up a piece of chalk and write down his name. It read 'Mr. Lenox' He would put the piece of chalk down, clearing his throat then say in a deep voice. " Greetings, ladies and gentlemen. If you would please settle down, while I start to commence the lesson for today. "

/me Ethelred, sitting at his desk grading papers, while the students are doing the work assigned. A student raises their hand in the back, calling "Mr. Lenox! " Ethelred, looking up would speak, " Yes? Do you have a question? "

/me Ethelred would have tapped on the desk of a student, " Excuse me, put your phone away, please. " The student would nod, putting their phone back into their backpack, zipping it up.

/me Ethelred would be watching the students performing the scene, while Ethelred was sitting at his desk. As they finished, Ethelred would stand up, clapping, " Wonderful! A round of applause for _____ and ______. "

Backstory

Ethelred Lenox was born in Russia, as he grew older and taller, he became insecure about his height. He eventually grew taller than his parents. In middle school he was already 5'5". He was very gifted and intelligent. He started to grow a liking for theatre. In 8th grade, he saw his first play. All he could think was, " I want to be up there someday. " He eventually realized, he wasn't going to be cast. His height gave him a disadvantage. Since he was taller than everyone, by a lot. He wasn't cast in a single play. One of the people who were cast said " Hey, don't beat yourself up bud. You can always teach theatre. I've seen your scores before, and I think you'd enjoy it. " Ethelred liked that idea. Once in highschool, in his spare time who wrote out ton of lesson plans, and took some jobs as a teachers assistant. He eventually went to university, for drama and education. He worked a couple years as a teacher in Russia, then he moved to Japan to get a fresh start and possibly meet somebody new.

In-Character Information

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only): Ethelred Lenox
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mr.
Given Name(s): Ethelred
Preferred Name: Ethe

Age (Minimum is 27): 27
Religious Denomination: Undecided
Marital Status: Single

Nationality: Russian
Current Location: Japan

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years): 7
Working Experience (# of years): 9

Academic Degree: Theater arts, Education
Year of Graduation: 2019
Major(s): Theatre/English
Minors: Art & Design

Native Languages: English/Japanese
Other Languages: N/A

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: Yes

Extra

Additional notes about your application:
Do you have any questions?:
No.

KimiNoUso

Level 337
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for applying, however, your Teacher application won't be accepted today.

After carefully reading through your application, I have found a few errors that could be improved upon should you decide to re-apply:
-
This application lacks detail, you also haven't correctly formatted your application which overall makes it hard to read.

Users who are viewing this thread