omuku
Omega+
OOC SECTION
GENERAL INFORMATION

What is your Minecraft Username?:
omuku

What is your timezone?: Est

Please provide your Discord tag: daijobuokay

Link(s) to all past and present applications on the server (Approved, Denied & Pending):

Describe your activity on the server:
My activity is decent, I rate it a solid 7/10. I can’t play as much during the weekdays at certain times, I can get on after 4 pm EST, but weekends are fine.

List your accounts and roles on this server:
[Grade-12]
[College]
Accounts: omuku | melranation

Are you aware that inactivity can result in removal from the council?: Yes

TRIVIA QUESTIONS

What is the student council and what do they do?:

The student council is a group of selected individuals overseeing students who go against the code of conduct. During school hours, they are meant to wander around the school and look out for people who violate the rules; and while doing that, they also assist the school faculty with situations that need more discipline, control, and management.

What motivated you to apply for council? (e.g. Interests, friends, etc.):
One of the reasons for my motivation is trying out something new, I don’t see a lot of Councillors often so I thought I’d give the experience a chance. I’ve mostly been on teams that usually cause problems that Councillors have to deal with, so I would like to see what it is like to be on the opposite side of a conflict or the one intervening with it.

Are you aware that you’ll be having to use your creativity and teamwork ethic within the student council? (e.g. Coming up and helping with events):
Yes

Can you list the roles in the council along with other roles that might be important to the council?:
President - The president of the council is the leader. They’re meant to possess a demeanor that is approved by the faculty, and heavily respected by the rest of the council, and all students. They lack childish and reckless traits; as this person is carefully picked by SLT, so being mature when it’s needed comes naturally. While they share the same tasks as any other councilor, they also organize and/or assist with hosting events for the school for students to enjoy.

Vice-President - The leader's right hand, the Vice-President sits right next to the President, being able to “take charge” when they aren’t there, while not overstepping. They’re meant to own the same traits as the president, managing conflicts and lending a hand when it comes to organizing events for the school.

Councilor - To keep it simple, it is someone part of the student council. They roam the school and help with situations that need discipline, assist teachers/professors, pitch in ideas for events, and often act as “staff” in these events; working booths as so on.

IC SECTION

SCENARIOS

While students gather for a school assembly, one student behaves disruptively, causing a disturbance. How would you manage the situation to restore order effectively while minimizing any additional disruptions to the assembly?

“Ummmm. Well, obviously, someone making a disturbance needs to be removed effective IMMEDIATELY, but ‘causing a larger disturbance would only make matters worse, so . . . I would calmly approach the student and first, politely ask them to quiet down for the sake of the assembly, and if they’re being difficult or doing it on purpose to be an annoyance . . I’d reel out my DETENTION card. Ha.” - “Or just ask someone apart of the faculty to help out too . . yeah.”

A student refuses to take their mask off after you’ve brought up detention and they’ve run away! What do you do?

“Well, I don’t chase. I attract. It would be improper to chase after a student running away, it’d be endless! So, if I do happen to know the students' identity, I can locate a teacher - or anyone with access to the intercom to call them up to the front desk or call them to detention. If I /don’t/ know their identity, I can take advantage of my radio and let my fellow councilors know to look out for a masked student.”

A teacher observes concerning behavior from a student, including the creation of disturbing artwork and verbal threats toward peers. How would you collaborate with the teacher to evaluate the situation and intervene appropriately to address potential safety concerns?

“If a student is going as far to send threats to another, the best way to act would be to confront the student directly. If this has been observed for some time, I would approach the student being threatened and remove them from the situation while the teacher handles the student causing a disturbance. That way, with the two students separated . . the conflict can die down with the distance between them. Naturally, the one creating the problems would be warned with detentions so they’d cease further conflicts.”

A group of students asks for your permission to stage a protest on school grounds. Would you allow them to protest? If so, how do you ensure that the protest does not disrupt the school environment while upholding their freedom of expression?

“First and FOREMOST. Before agreeing to anything, I would have to verify that whatever they’re protesting against is appropriate, especially if it is on school grounds. Of course, If I’m unsure of my judgment. . which, I rarely am by the way, I can always lean on my other councilors or even a faculty member to seek further guidance and/or another opinion. When and if agreed upon, I would allow them to protest in an area that would cause the least traffic but still gain some attention somewhere like the hallway next to the basketball courts. I would also KINDLY ask them not to yell, as yelling is heavily discouraged and can cause a disturbance to ongoing classes. If people are interested in the protest they’d approach them. Riiiighhttt?”

A teacher/receptionist has told you that you are doing something that goes against what you were trained by your higher-ups. How would you react to this?

“As scary as it is to admit, I wouldn’t have much of a choice but to take accountability, right? The student council is meant to be mature, to be able to handle reckless situations that go against the rules. And if I did go against my duties as a councilor, I’d be a hypocrite, especially if I had an ill reaction to be confronted. So . . I guess I’d apologize, and probably ask what I could do differently in the future.”

Please provide at least one detailed event that the council can use as a future event to showcase your creativity! (Must be 300 words or more for one event):

Multi-Cultural Celebration

Being hosted in the gymnasium, the student council would host an event dedicated to the different cultures deriving from its students to come and present the different wonders of the world. As many know, Karakura as a whole has never been shy to new faces from across the world, so why not bring the different communities together to explore the different cultures and appreciate them at the same time?

Students, let it be on teams or not, can bring in different dishes for a potluck; Indian Curries, savory Mexican Tacos, Vietnamese Pho, or Sweet treats from Portugal. This culinary section is not only about how different the food tastes, but also about gaining knowledge of the importance of food in specific cultures - how spices and recipes are interpreted differently, along with the history behind them all. Another little activity for the potluck could put the cooking classrooms to use, having selected individuals host short lessons on how to create the dish they’ve brought.

Different garments can be worn too, like colorful textiles of West African apparel, or delicate silk of Japanese Kimonos. They can display it for others to see, touch, or even try on. While this is happening, there can also be a fashion show of sorts, not to compete for a prize, but simply to show off different clothing of the world.

Lastly, among the vibrant clothes and exotic foods, performances can be done. With unique songs in different languages along with traditional dances hailing from unique places. That or singing performances could be done, of course; not sung in the Japanese tongue. This can also be put use to by the cheer teams and have them cultivate a routine to a song of their choice, of course - the theme would have to come from a different country.

Personal Information

(in character)

Name:
Melran King

Phone number: (030) - 466 - 4556

How would you describe your personality?:

“Um, describe me? I am the coolest, I’m the best. I am anything, but laid back . . I’d say, but that’s a good thing. I like to think I’m confident, confident enough to call people out whenever I see something UNCOUTH. I’m not shy to a little conflict, but considering this IS the student council we’re talking about, I can’t be like . . abrasive. However, I think my outspokenness would be useful when it comes to handling chaotic scenarios, yaaaa!”

Appearance/attire (Please provide a picture):

A striking thing, really. A stallion (5'10) &cwith rich, vibrant culture coursing through her fervent blood. Amusement is a rare jewel on this countenance, instead, it is housed by solemnness; framed by luminous, coiling locs adorned with violet crystals and golden jewels. Melran derives from an island of heat, music, and love - but one of those words is sour when touching her tongue.

What separates you from other applicants seeking your position?:

“A lot. Well, not A LOT, I assume everyone is applying for the same thing, but I don’t think there have been many instances where a jock has suddenly switched sides? I also believe that, unlike many others, I’ll be able to tackle almost any situation thrown my way, as I have a lot of experience in the lines of confrontation, just take a look at my MELRANATION page on Onrain! Oh.. I won’t post any more of those.. Trust.”

Why do you want this position?:

“I want this position because I would like to see what it is like to try and co-operate with different faces, sort of like a challenge y’know? Anyyyywhooo, I think I would just have a BLAST handing out d- I MEAN, creating a healthy atmosphere for all of my fellow students, duhhh!”

What interests you the most about student council?:

“I simply want to try something new for myself, a new path for MELRAN KING!! I feel like I’d be most interested in hosting events, one that would attract all of the students, that and seeing what the other end of the stick is like when it comes to situations that go against the rules and so on.”

What could you contribute to make the school a safe and fun environment?:

“Well, I can say that I have a lot of creative ideas; in terms of events and such, I have tonnsss of experience when it comes to like . . knowing what people want, so I’m not afraid to ask around to see what the people YEARN for! AS for making it safe . . would probably just be doing my job, no? The last thing the school needs is a chaotic disturbance every five minutes, so why not be the reason to keep the peace? Wow . . I can’t believe I just said THAT.”​

Last edited:

jaaaayla

Level 221
Council Lead
Jaeyla
Jaeyla
Fundraiser+
ACCEPTED

Thank you for applying. Congratulations on your application being accepted. Please ping @[Dean] gotsnapped in ⁠#help channel in KA Discord for your roles. If you have any questions, you're welcome to message me at jawhyla on Discord.

Users who are viewing this thread