Not open for further replies.

niko_mad

Level 2
IGN:
tomodochi
DATE:
April 15th, 2021
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
I feel like a lot of FearRP rules are a bit unrealistic and unfair at some points. For instance, FearRPing a school counselor or a teacher does not really seem fair at some point. DeliquentRP is something that most GangRPers adopt on their character but they can't do it to teachers and staff. Most they can do is insult them until they get threatened with detention.

For example, one of my characters is a commander in Bakuto, a verified gang ran by @bogie95 why would a commander of a gang have to fear a 16-year-old high school girl. Seems kind of unrealistic right? See it's different when it is a principal or dean threatening like being expelled. That is something that sounds realistic to FearRP. But, detention does not seem realistic at all. Personally, I think that you should only have to FearRP staff when suspension or being expelled is mentioned or threatened after two-three warnings of getting detention.

Another thing to notice is that when GangRPing, you must FearRP someone with a weapon in their hand if you are not armed as well. Why would you put that in the same category as a grade 10 counselor team member. It makes sense to FearRP a teacher but it can get kind of annoying with the options we have when RPing breaking rules, you know? Just think how this sounds;

"[!] A 6'3, 175-pound male would stand in front of the girl, there'd be scars and tattoos running down his body."

Just to see in LOOC, "You need to FearRP detention" from a defenseless grade 10.

I just feel like the FearRP rules should be altered a bit to make it more realistic and enjoyable for both sides. Having a younger student end a confrontation with "detention" can get pretty annoying and unfair.

[EDIT:] Also, another thing is that characters will be known for going on killing sprees and being serial killers and will still have to fear teachers and faculty. Same thing with KPD. The point of GangRP is to cause chaos. How are we supposed to do that if we have to FearRP and abide by everything the KPD orders us to do.​

Last edited:

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
This has already been mentioned multiple times, but the rule is there for several reasons
1. Regardless of how rebel your character is, they must have some sort of Fear to get suspended from school. Failing to FearRP this would be somewhat your desire to get suspended off School, which is not allowed
2. FearRP is one of the perks that people like councillors have applied for. If such privilege were to be taken from them, then it would discourage people to apply, not to mention that it would be hell for them to handle situations (This rule wasn't a thing some time ago, and I myself, who used to be a councillor for some time, had it really difficult to handle a detention session without FearRP permissions).

I feel like the FearRP guidelines should stay as they are right now. If you do not wish to fearrp in detention, you should simply play your cards stealthily so that you do not get caught

niko_mad

Level 2
This has already been mentioned multiple times, but the rule is there for several reasons
1. Regardless of how rebel your character is, they must have some sort of Fear to get suspended from school. Failing to FearRP this would be somewhat your desire to get suspended off School, which is not allowed
2. FearRP is one of the perks that people like councillors have applied for. If such privilege were to be taken from them, then it would discourage people to apply, not to mention that it would be hell for them to handle situations (This rule wasn't a thing some time ago, and I myself, who used to be a councillor for some time, had it really difficult to handle a detention session without FearRP permissions).

I feel like the FearRP guidelines should stay as they are right now. If you do not wish to fearrp in detention, you should simply play your cards stealthily so that you do not get caught
I agree partially, but if a counselor joins the team just for the perk of FearRP isn't there really no point. Cause at that point it kind of seems like it is just so they can boss people around ICly, which I understand would be fun but still.

And yes, every character has a fear of suspension, but detention is different. Detention is nowhere as bad as it seems coming from someone who has been suspended from school irl before. The councilor could always warn of suspension instead of detention.

EDIT: Although there could be a system where you could apply to not have to FearRP certain teams or faculty-based off of backstory and if the councilor or faculty member consents to it.

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
but if a councilor joins the team just for the perk of FearRP isn't there really no point. Cause at that point it kind of seems like it is just so they can boss people around ICly, which I understand that would be fun but still.
It isn't the only reason why they apply, but it is a tool they're forced to use everyday. If you take it from them, it will take the authority off frmo them, making them exactly the same as a normal student that snitches to teachers. Your character 100% knows that they will take it to a teacher, and that said teacher is going to enforce any sort of punishment on your character

The councilor could always warn suspension instead of detention.
In my opinion this wouldn't really make a change. It would simply change the way they'd need to phrase it so that FearRP is enforced. Changing "detention" with "suspension" in a threat will not change anything whatsoever, as FearRP would be enforced eitherway

HighlightedTwin

Level 87
HighlightedTwin
HighlightedTwin
Fundraiser+
-1/0

As someone who used to be a teacher with the new rules for delinquentRP being added with fearRP I would have to disagree.

The rules are perfectly fine the way they are even though it’s a bit of a hassle still to both parties. The reason why we don’t always try to threaten you all with suspension because we were somewhat scolded for doing that as it wasn’t ‘realistic’ in a sense of methods for disciplining the students and instead wanted to encourage us to use other methods like trying to put the student in detention.

Somethingn you may not knownis that now they are actually documenting detentions so eventually, yes, it does lead to suspension and that is a valid reason why you should fear detention at some point. When I was a teacher, yeah I used detention as a quick way to get the students involved in the conflict away from public eye to try to settle it without people in the way. Sometime I would actually pull the student aside to talk with them because my character could tell there’s something deeper going on with the student involved. Typically when it comes to fighting/assault.

I get from your perspective you want to be able to get away with a lot of things without fearing detention but you also need to look at it from everyone else’s perspectives as to who’s involved in trying to enforce it. It’s already difficult enough to keep the students in order and trying to change it to another unrealistic standard won’t really make a difference or would just make other’s jobs harder.

Edit: If you want to debate more realistic standards, schools in Japan, since this is where we reside, contain students that generally respect their teachers. There’s some school bullies here and there but even those bullies know how to play it off, pretending to be sweet and kind as if nothing is happening when a staff is around but as soon as they are gone it’s just bullying and/or fighting. So I think if you want to be freed from the power of fearRP you just need to be smarter with how your character deals with other students.

Xusic

Level 13
I’m not going to reply as I can simply just put this out there and such. So everything in general about what’s being said is mostly being directed towards councillors. Now it has been said that councillors ICly have to deal with the situation not to enforce FearRP right away unless they are blatantly being ignored and cannot get into the situation despite threatening detention a few times. In general there are a few requirements of councillors getting FearRP mainly whoever is getting detention must be doing something detention worthy and they aren’t listening to you repeatedly. The reason why this must be FearRP is because without it most people within the school will simply ignore them and it’ll be chaotic in general within the school continuing bullying, fighting, drunk ness and school grounds and etc. In which if the same people are repeatedly in detention and such will eventually involve the SLT in the matter of they clearly don’t want to listen to the rules. However, I don’t recommend ever getting suspended or expelled if you don’t want to deal with that trouble, simply you can do your own thing off of school grounds as whenever events for the school come around people who are suspended or expelled aren’t allowed on school grounds usually to participate, of course it’s just a suggestion and you can do whatever you want since it is your roleplay experience.

Note: If you ever feel like a councillor is abusing their FearRP or etc. Feel free to DM me at MUSE#1121 with proof and I’ll try and get it sorted. Thanks!

hebwig

Level 111
fearRP is vague but we can best generalize it to acting in obedience to authority figures (police, council, school employees, people with ability to inflict your future, etc)

to counter this......just make your character only target students; especially in private, too. delinquent characters can still be delinquents and even in japan they still are respectful of adult figures. i'm sure i dont have to explain this but we have this rule because people act unrealistically reckless & it's hardly fitting to the server's setting.

my character: 16 years old, black market dealer, has assassinated a person in the herrington family; and yet, she's still obedient to her superiors. tl;dr you can make it work with the current rules

Missunderstood

Level 110
otobii
otobii
Fundraiser+
the base of fearrp isn't that strong, the very fact that it's 'the fear of your character being suspended' isn't strong at all. I'm not saying fearrp should be ersaed but I think it should really just be the general thing of respecting your elders. Respecting your elders is a huge thing in japan and I think that should be part of why you should fearrp teachers. Honestly, I think people reacting to someone bigger than them should react appropriately. Councillors gaining fearrp is mainly an ooc thing than it is ic because it sort of makes everything way more organized + councillors are also respected in japan. This isn't really a -1 more of a -1/+1, cause I agree with the immediate fearrp response being unrealistic

suu

Level 38
TanoshiiDays
TanoshiiDays
Rich+
Let's start off with real facts. In real life you don't purposefully do things to get yourself in trouble aka get sent to detention, (get) expelled and/or suspended because you don't want. Have you ever ACTUALLY seen someone breaking school rules within school grounds during school time? If so, they probably were dealt with and received their punishment, in real life it's up to you if you want to get yourself in trouble, but as they say: you do the crime, you pay the time. It's not the same situation but it's to get in context. Now, councillors: please let's learn to know the difference between a counselor and a councillors, it's as easy as:
Counselor: school psychiatrist;
Councillor: a school council member.
When you say "it's unrealistic to fear a COUNSELOR you're talking about a school worker, and what's with that? Counselors are SCHOOL WORKERS. You have to FearRP not just counselors, but also any other school staff. While there are school staff members that can't give out detentions, you ARE to FearRP them. In the other hand, you are not forced to FearRP a COUNCILLOR, a councillor can use it and threaten with detention, however you have to FearRP while in detention. More like, it's a MUST. With that said and as music said, councillors can't use FearRP right away as verbal warnings have to be issued beforehand. As for weapons: imagine you're walking in an alone street, the clock reads 01:34 am and there are barely any illumination/lamp, then someone approaches you with a gun and tries to rob you. A normal person by reflex would immediately hand them their stuff to not get shot at. With all honesty, would you really fight the GUY with a WEAPON spotting it to your head, with the risk of receive a shot? You wouldn't, because then you could die won't you? Unless you have some training and fighting skills you may fight the guy, but you love your life more than a phone or 300 dollars. FearRP is good the way it is as of now.

Last edited:

MitsuEVO

Level 5
MitsuEVO
MitsuEVO
Notable

Removing Fearrp overall would cause havoc on school grounds. In fact, being a teacher for almost 2 years, you're not always targetted by us unless you've caused something that we have to deal with. There's already a rule about us teachers/faculty providing 2-3 warnings towards that individual before fearrping them consequences like detention and such. I've witnessed a lot of delinquent/gangrpers players wanting to bait in further consequences by "lighting up a cigar in front of the teacher, puffing smoke right at their face" or even "pulling an alcohol beverage and chugging it in front of school faculty". Another fact is that even gangrpers are wanting to fight school faculty such as I and others which is highly unrealistic. Like, what is your motive for wanting to get into a fight with an adult doing their job? Yet again, I've even witnessed another event where a school faculty were being followed by a group of players as that person just walked out from the school gates and icly starts verbally harassing/ trying to assaulting the poor fellow. After giving one of them, detention.

Overall, fearping should be kept as it is. We're not allowed to do that type of certain aspect outside of school grounds. There's more time you could do freely outside of school anyways.

Spiderfar

Level 5
+1
I agree with this in a way, say your character has killed like 30 people, why would they fearRP a year 10 telling them to stop, it doesn't make any sense in my opinion

HighlightedTwin

Level 87
HighlightedTwin
HighlightedTwin
Fundraiser+
+1
I agree with this in a way, say your character has killed like 30 people, why would they fearRP a year 10 telling them to stop, it doesn't make any sense in my opinion
I don’t think fearrp is that low. Nobody said you should fearrp the word stop. We are telling you to fearrp consequences. And you would be in fear if that same year 10 told a teacher which led to a worse consequence if detention isn’t enough for your character.

Spiderfar

Level 5
I don’t think fearrp is that low. Nobody said you should fearrp the word stop. We are telling you to fearrp consequences. And you would be in fear if that same year 10 told a teacher which led to a worse consequence if detention isn’t enough for your character.
Let’s just say it was a threat to detention, why would someone with many kills be afraid of detention, it’s a criminal that’s afraid of detention, it just doesn’t make sense to me.

SimplyLK

Level 67
SimplyLK
SimplyLK
Rich+
I’m going to throw my opinion down. @MitsuEVO stated “There is already a rule about us teachers/faculty providing 2-3 warnings towards that individual before fearrping them consequenceslike detention and such.” So as stated there is already a rule about this, however I feel like the vast majority of school staff try and FearRP before it’s become appropriate. I personally have legit seen a councilors walking up and saying “Take the mask off. Failure to listen can result in detention” thus FearRPing the student. I think the issue isn’t the rules itself but the abuse that School Faculty do. It’s important that a player knows the rules so they don’t ruin things for other (E.X; Councilors thinking it’s ok to FearRP before proper warning have been dished.) also as a GangRP you need to know the rules guidelines behind all positions of the server. If you know how the school and police work you can pick up on a worker not following protocol and have it fixed.

Overall my suggestion would be to read rules over and learn about other factions so you may know when a person isn’t doing there job right.

HighlightedTwin

Level 87
HighlightedTwin
HighlightedTwin
Fundraiser+
Let’s just say it was a threat to detention, why would someone with many kills be afraid of detention, it’s a criminal that’s afraid of detention, it just doesn’t make sense to me.
Okay and you decided to say “oh I’m not afraid of detention! I killed many people”. That’s great and all. You’re using the excuse that you’re character is a criminal and for what reason? You can’t kill a school faculty once they get police involved for being a wanted criminal. Actually the teachers themselves may not call police as that’s something the SLT would normally do. As the teacher job, they will report you to SLT for being a wanted criminal and threatening a student simply because you don’t want to fear detention but you didn’t think that if you showed signs of being a criminal or match the description of a wanted criminal, then throw out the fact you’ve been threatened to be put into detention but now your character is about to be locked up.

Like I stated before, you should be smart with your actions and who you decide to bully on campus. And I agree with Logan. Read the rules.

jeemay

Level 41
dhrdjim
dhrdjim
Rich
Realistically, no 18-year-old teenager will be a higher-up in a super dangerous notorious Japanese gang. That by itself is unrealistic. I don't think a psychopathic gang leader would want a teenager as his main man. But, this is SRP and realism doesn't always apply.

Now, as for the FearRP thing, the reason FearRP exists is to prevent people from continuously ruining school activities such as classes, games, etc under the name of "Delinquency". Trust me, if you know how to properly RP as a delinquent person, FearRP will not affect you one bit. If you get told "FearRP properly", maybe it's because you went a bit over the top with how delinquent your character is. Cause realistically, regardless of how notorious and crazy your character is, on school grounds he's just a school kid.No one actually knows he's a commander in Bakuto like you say. I doubt they know what Bakuto is ICly. It's not like he's gonna pull out a katana and start slashing the Councillors. If you want to cause trouble on school grounds, do it correctly. Personally, as someone who JockRPs, causing trouble on school grounds is the norm for me. I go around beating the shit out of people if I want to yet I never get detention. It's all about being smart with your moves. (P.S. I don't get away with trouble cause I'm a football player, literally, anyone can do this.) If you want a simple solution, try not to put the spotlight upon yourself by giving yourself a bad reputation within the school and do whatever you want in secret whilst avoiding school faculty or such. (i.e. Don't start a fight in front of the Office/in a classroom/in front of the Dean's office)

TL;DR : Just be smart with how you RP delinquency and avoid school faculty when you can

Laur

Level 39

I barely read the suggestions and replies, but like Jeemay said it’s already unrealistic for an eighteen year old or younger to be a gang leader or apart of a gang and wield weapons. Most people would be bummed out by the fact that they’re in detention or just skip it.. Since you aren’t currently holding the weapon (technically) then there is no reason for you not to listen to them, since they can just contact the Principal or Dean I believe?.. Honestly I don’t know how being a counselor works, so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread