Rich
IGN:
Ordinqry

What is your discord name and tag (name#0000)?:
Ordinary#2148

What is your timezone/What country are you from?:
EST / United States

Do you have a microphone and are able to speak VIA discord?:
Yes, I speak a lot in VCs, primarily with the basketball teams.

Have you applied for a community team? If so, link your previous apps:
Yes, I have in fact, applied for Lore. This is my second application due to my first one being denied.

Do you recognize you could be removed from the community team?
Yes. If I were to join the lore team, I completely understand whatever decisions are made.

List a few things that may obstruct your progress/development on the Lore Team.
Like said in my previous application, I have a tendency to criticize a lot of things when they don't impress. For example, a skin or a build, even though I cannot do them myself. I also enjoy procrastinating a lot so I would often leave my work to another time. Usually, I am able to finish my work as it only takes me a few days. Following from my last application, I had previously mentioned that I was an idiot. Yes, this is still true. I tend to fool around a lot and sometimes say things that eithe rdon't make sense or make me seem dumb.

What makes you different from other applicants?:
I would take short amounts of time to finish my work just because I wouldn't want to finish it any other day. Perks of procrastinating, you could say! Adding on, I have a lot of free time. Due to me always rushing, I'd always have spare time on my hands.

What makes you passionate about writing?:
Reading books and watching movies spiked an interest in me. I've always thought, "Wow. How do they write these?" Books give me an imagination. I could imagine what was happening and it would be like experiencing it myself. Now movies. Movies make imagination real. When I watch a movie adaption of a book, I can see what changed between my imagination and the real picture, and let me tell ya', my imagination is a whole other world.

Books and movies led me to thinking about my own stories. I've never had the energy to actually write them (I'm lazy) and it always stuck in my head, and everything I did write, I deleted.

Do you have any previous experience with writing lore or creative writing as a general aspect?:
I wouldn't call it experience but, would thinking of stories count? Like I said, I delete most of my stories because they don't turn out right or I just don't think they're that good of a story.

My mind is like a maze. I'm constantly thinking of things. I even thought of the story I was gonna write last night! It was midnight and I couldn't sleep so I decided... yeah, thinking of a story would be nice, and then that came to be this application.

What is lore to you?:
Lore is simple. It's like an origin story!

Imagine Batman's origin. His parents died. Wow that got dark. His lore (according to google) is: Batman's secret identity is Bruce Wayne, a wealthy American industrialist. As a child, Bruce witnessed the murder of his parents, Dr. Thomas Wayne and Martha Wayne, which ultimately led him to craft the Batman persona and seek justice against criminals.

It's an origin story, and how it came to be! Whatever 'it' is...

WRITING PROMPTS

Write a 200-800 word story for a day in the world of Karakura.

BANG BANG BANG... The sound echoed around the stadium. Felix opened his eyes, wondering where he appeared to be. In front of him was a stranger. The male was dressed in full black and red. A bobcat. He looked around the stadium, seeing if anyone was there. There he was. Yamato Ozaki, in his #1 Spartan Jacket. Wait... is that jacket supposed to be there? Before Felix could finish his thought, the game began! BANG BANG BANG! He focused on the strange male and the ball, still hitting against the wooden floor. Before he knew it, the score was tied and the game was about to end. Focusing all his attention on the ball, he stole it from the strange man, immediately going into the shooting position. Was he going to make a three from that far? The ball hit the rim.. then it spun... and spun... and spun. BEEP BEEP BEEP! What the hell was that sound?!? Was it a fire alarm? No, no! The ball dropped. Felix didn't know whether it made it in or not, nor did he care anymore. All he wanted to do was to get rid of that noise. He walked towards the sound, or just whatever random direction he thought was the right direction.

Blink. The scene changed. He was in the stadium anymore. Instead, he was in culinary class with Big Mama Aldridge, asleep on the table and covered in flour. Did someone use him as a bowl? He sighed and walked out of the room, to the bathroom. He looked at himself in the mirror... did he still forget something? No worries now, I guess. He washed the flour off his spartan jacket, then headed down to the gym, right then, it turned to breaktime. Walking into the gym was another male, also in a spartan jacket. Was he new to the team? Was that was he was forgetting? He walked forward to the stranger. "Game?" Felix asked.
They hopped onto the court. Then he felt it.

It was the stranger from the dream! Right then and there, his realization came to an end. The game began and the stranger was already about to score. 1-0. Felix sighed, then swiftly stole the ball from the male. 1-1. 2-1. 3-1. 3-2. 3-3. 3-4. 4-4. The tie from his dream. It was the stranger, it was definitely the stranger! It had to be! Felix thought for a second, then he attempted to copy his movements from his dream. He ran across the court, dribbling the ball onto the floor. Then he jumped right into the shooting position, right before the three-pointer line. BANG! the ball hit the rim... it spun... and spun... and spun. And then it fell. It fell out. The stranger ran to rebound the ball and before Felix realized it, the stranger was already shooting a three. SCORE! 5-4. Felix lost. Who was this stranger? He sighed, "Good game. What's your name?" The stranger seemed to raise an eyebrow. He walked over to the ball, picking it up. He walked back slowly... like he was about to murder someone. BONK! The ball was thrown at Felix's head, knocking him down onto the floor. He rubbed his eyes, trying to unblur his vision then, he saw it.

"Right... Ikezawa."

Write about your favorite physical aspect of Karakura (things like classrooms/gardens etc.) Why? What makes it special?

SLAM! The sound of a ball. Not a basketball, or a football, or even a baseball. It was the sound.. of a volleyball. "Hit it BETTER!" Sugiyama complained. Felix scoffed at him, "Just play the damn game!" The score was 24-23, Felix's team was winning. Could they make it? The ball was served. BAM! The sound of the ball hitting his arms travelled through his ears. Then they spiked it... BAM! The same sound.. the opponents saved it. It's not over yet! Felix rushed back into position, ready for the ball. SLAM! The ball came- no. The ball hit the net, then it fell onto the floor. They won. Sweat dripped onto the wooden floor of the court as they headed over to the bench. Good game.

"Well that ending was boring," Sugiyama complained. "Mhm..." Felix walked across the beach, all the way down to the basketball court. He began dribbing the ball, shooting it into the hoop. He looked up at the night sky. The ball dropped and bounced on the stone court. Felix was already gone. The beach had a lot of interesting things, like the lighthouse, or the ocean, or the ship in the distance. The only thing Felix enjoyed was the volleyball courts. Volleyball became a whole other world when he played. It wasn't like other sports. It had a whole other set of rules. It was a new sport to him. "1v1?" Felix directed his question to Sugiyama.​

Last edited:

Demurity

Level 35
Denied
We thank you for applying, however the team has decided to deny your application.

- The second prompt did not explain at all what was asked, despite the entertaining writing.
- Please have patience between applications, as this one was immediately posted after the prior denial.
- If you are to reapply, be sure to use the updated format.

Users who are viewing this thread