Accepted Ordinqry | Lore Team Application

imgayforwomen

Level 111
byewilliam
byewilliam
Rich

IGN:
Ordinqry

List your discord name and tag (name#0000): (Please note, communication and discord access is vital, and not having access to the site is a dealbreaker for the team)
hye#2148

Additionally, do you have a microphone and can speak via discord?
Yes, I do have a microphone and I can speak on discord. Thee only thing that would obstruct this would be family coming into my room which I'll only have to mute for a few minutes or so.

Your time zone and current country of residence:
I currently reside in the EST timezone and I live in the US.

Link any previous community team applications if applicable:
Lore Team Application 1
Lore Team Application 2

Do you recognize you could be removed from the community team?
Yes, I understand this and I will respect this rule if I ever do.

List a few things that may obstruct your progress/development on the Lore Team.
School takes up a good amount of my time so I will be busy with that. I am also transitioning into high school next year so there will be some times this summer where I might not have time to do things. I am also going on vacation soon. Other than that, not much obstructs my progress other than previously mentioned, school.

What makes you passionate about writing?:
Personally, I haven't given much thought to this question. I write because I write. I write to pass the time. Whenever I get bored, I can write. I see a difference between writing academically and writing freely. When writing academically, I tend to feel rushed and challenged to the point I don't enjoy it. When writing freely, I get to express myself to the utmost. I have no limits on what I can write. I don't have to write with a format. I don't have to "look for text evidence". I can simply write what comes out of my mind.

Do you have any previous experience with writing lore or creative writing as a general aspect?:
I have some experience creating family lore, the lore was scrapped since the family was abandoned very quickly. I have created many drafts of character lore over my time in SRP as well. Additionally, I have created a few stories over time, including one for a school project I worked on with two of my classmates.

Within SRP, I have created many pieces of writing as I am, and have been in the Journalism Club for almost a year. When writing reports, journalists are taught to look for interesting things occuring around the school, for example a fight betwween the Spartans and Bobcats, or an argument between the teachers, someone egging the cheerleaders, etc. They then turn that into a report, describing events all in the own words, quoting if necessary.

As a journalist, I havee made many reports, both of interviews and narration, in the form of videos and paper. My personal favorite, the one I'm most proud of is "Trouble at the Shed!"

In your own words, give your definition of lore:
My definition of lore is the origin of what something is. Lore is the backstory of something, how it all began. It is the history that it has gone through. How it came to be what it is.

WRITING PROMPTS:
RULES

1. You are expected to write in the third person, and narrate in a reliable and neutral tone. Do not focus your prompts specifically on one character’s perspective, but on a bigger picture.​
  2. There is a 200-800 word limit that applies to both prompts. Because of flow, if you need to go a little over or under, you are permitted to, but as soon as a prompt is 100 words outside the limit, you will be automatically denied.​
Summarize a character conflict, roleplay conflict, or event that you experienced (server-wide, personal, etcetera- there is no bar for how ‘interesting’ or ‘impactful’ it is). Be sure to follow the above guidelines.

Once in Karakura, two friends begin to cause trouble in the city. Day after day, they're seen together and each time, they're always doing something bad, whether it was insulting someone or hurting someone. One day, Fuyuki Takao and Yelena Petrov decided to provoke of a young swim team member, Katsuhito Saiky. They began insulting his outfit and harassing him on and on about it. Katsuhito deecided to last back, calling them "irrelavent peasants" and causing more madness. Takao and Petrov took the helpless looking male and carried him back to a penthouse.

The taunting eventually became bullying. The two friends forced Saiky into the bathroom, right above the toilet. As Fuyuki dipped the male's head into the toilet water, Yelena flushed it, giving the swim member a swirly. The Russian female flushed the toilet repeatedly until Katsuhito finally became exhausted enough. The two friends left the bathroom, locking the male inside. Little did they know, this gave him the perfect opportunity.

Katsuhito proceeded to dial his cousin for assistance. Moments later, there was a knock on the front door. As soon as Katsuhito heard the knock, he screamed out for help. Fuyuki and Yelena exited the penthouse, attempting to reassure the other Saiky that nothing was wrong within the residence. While doing so, Katsuhito escaped his confinement and rushed out the front door. As he stood there, droplets of toilet water would fall onto the wooden floor. Everything that Fuyuki and Yelena tried to cover up had been exposed.

In a matter of minutes, the two females in the scene begin to fight, spitting on each other in the process. After a few moments, Katsuhito and his cousin had left the scene. What came out of this was conflict in the Spartan group chat. Katsuhito spilled the accident into the group chat, causing all of the Spartans to plan retaliation. Not only that, the Bobcat Female Football Team was also mad at Fuyuki for slamming a door on their captain.

Not only did the Spartans threaten him with deportion by the mayor, the Bobcats leashed him like a dog. On that day, Camille Fukuda leashed him up and dragged him from the football pitch all the way to the front of the shopping district. When Fuyuki refused to give in, Spartans were called in to rough him up. Yelena got a 'get out of jail free card' and apologized to the group while Fuyuki got a beating.

Fuyuki Takao left the scene, never to return. What came out of it was a lesson taught and a broken friendship. Mentions of Fuyuki Takao were long gone the next day. In the end, he got what he deserved.
~447 words
Create a folklore tale based on an existing area in Karakura of your choosing; Tell us a story! Show us how creative you can get. Be sure to follow the above guidelines.

In the old days of Karakura, there stood a fisherman. His goal was to be the fisherman of fishermen. To beat every other fisherman out there. Wherever the water went, he went. If you happen to pass a lake in the forest, you would see him there. Do you want to go canoeing at the beach? He's standing by the shore. Do you want to stare out at sea at the docks? He's there as well. He travels around Karakura wherever the fish goes. People pass by him every day as they visit the waters. Some begin to think if he's crazy. Others believe he has magic powers allowing him to go from place to place. Few say he's a wizard, like Gandalf! But none of those are true. He was simply a fisherman.

The young man wanted to be better, to be the absolute best. He wanted to make sure no one could beat him when it comes to fishing. But there was one man he could not beat even if it took him his entire life, and so, he decided to cheat his way to the top. He started to use prohibited fishing gear to catch fish. He even used illegal chemicals to ensure he caught the most fish.

Slowly and surely, cheating drove him crazy. He had no life other than fishing. He desired nothing but to be the first. He didn't just want it, he needed it. But there was one man keeping him from it. With the little sleep he got, he produced nightmares. Eventually, the suspected rumors came true. He became crazy. The citizens of Karakura decided better to stay away from him. The people who had recently moved to Karakura immediately moved away. They couldn't stand a crazy man in their vicinity.

Eventually, the citizens began to riot. The outside of the Karakura Police Department was crowded with madness. People began to protest outside of all government facilities; the Police Department, the Hospital, the Town Hall, and even just outside in the streets. This man drove the entirety of Karakura to madness. And so, the police brought him in and put him on drugs. The hospital assigned him medication to ensure this never happens to Karakura again. The mayor swore that this incident will never happen again.

After a few months, Karakura was finally rid of the madness flowing through the streets. But who was this one man that drove the young fisherman to insanity? I'll let you take a guess. He's also a birdwatcher!
~422 words

Demurity

Level 35
Accepted
Congratulations, after a full discussion with the team we've decided to accept your application. Apologies for the long wait but welcome to the team! DM me at sophia#3114 to get all your roles set up.

Users who are viewing this thread