Oliverium

Level 53
Oliverium
Oliverium
Omega+
Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?:
Otiver

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?): Yes, Oliverium#5971 (I got the new username formate, it’s now oliverium)

Do you have a microphone?: No, I do not.

How old are you? (Optional): 18+

What is your time zone?: Eastern Standard Time (EST)

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?: Of course

Describe your activity on the server: Very active. I come online for 3-10 hours a day. I have many alts and play on each frequently. (animals, high school, and college roles) I love SRP and see it as an escape from reality, and it's so much fun. I tend to find time everyday for SRP and I'm committed considering how fun and great the community is. The friendships I make on SRP are worth logging on each day.

Do you have any previous bans?: No, and I plan on keeping it that way.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:

[Accepted] https://schoolrp.net/threads/korean-lang-app.56532/

I'm more active on my main, so here's some applications on that I've made:

[Denied] https://schoolrp.net/threads/jsl-application.39622/

[Denied] https://schoolrp.net/threads/3rd-language.43556/

[Accepted] https://schoolrp.net/threads/french-application.39626/

[Accepted] https://schoolrp.net/threads/jsl-application.39713/

[Accepted] https://schoolrp.net/threads/3rd-language.43576/

[Accepted] https://schoolrp.net/threads/italian-lang-app.43666/

[Accepted] https://schoolrp.net/threads/vietnamese-lang-app.49393/

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level): Qidasaur is [Grade-9] (by /setage). I also have my main, Oliverium, [College][M], I have 5 animal alts as well (dog, cat, bear, bird, and raccoon).
I also have Otiver, the account I’m applying on, grade 12

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:
Physical Education (P.E.)

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?: I've played on SRP since June 2021 consistently. I've met many amazing people and one is an English teacher. Throughout my time on SRP I've met many teachers and seen some come and go. They make memorable moments, such as the old teacher who gave us a tour of his house, or when the class of college students were afraid of a dummy (to be fair it was quite realistic looking). I too would want to make memorable moments all while teaching people the importance of exercise in fun ways. I joined the SRP family that the English teacher is in, and I've hung out with them a ton. I see them interact with other teachers and staff and I find it to be interesting. I do talk about becoming a teacher as well and they always seem excited when I mention wanting to apply. I also want to become a teacher irl and think roleplaying as one would be entertaining.

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT & If your application is accepted, you may have to undergo teacher training?:
Yes I do, I don't expect to know everything right away and it's important to undergo training. I'm also lucky to have a friend with a teacher role if I ever need extra help.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?: Teacher logs are important to keep up as a professional. Teachers must host a certain amount of classes a month and when it's logged, it gives many perks. It can account for both activity status and class count. I believe the minimum classes are 10, so it's important to log each one so the lead of department can account for the paycheck each teacher deserves. Being active is a must when teaching, and prove your commitment.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:

1. Be respectful and kind (most important) - this includes school staff and your peers.

2. Remain professional - no eating in class, no phones, no swearing, raise your hand to speak, no rough play

3. Follow school rules - the board of rules must be followed inside and outside the classroom

4. If something is wrong, report it immediately - an example may be if someone is hurt

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
If playing pretend as a child counts, then I'd say as long as I remember. I played a lot of games and toys, but playing pretend and having pretend roles were my favorite of them all.
I started my Minecraft roleplay journey as a baby (literally). I joined a house in the server Hypixel called FamilyRP. I wanted to see what it was all about and noticed a house with parents, teens, kids, and two babies. I watched as the babies turned on the oven and cause trouble and I was intrigued. I made a role and joined as a baby, however, I didn't fit in right away, but once one of them left, me and the other one soon became friends. For two years, I stuck to Family and Adoption RPs on Hypixel housing as a young child role. I was never into the magic school houses or anything like that so I stuck to having a semi-realistic human role. I was active in the community, often being greeted when I joined a roleplay house. After 2 years of hypixel, I discovered SchoolRP. I'd say around April of 2021. By June of the same year, I've become consistently active. I left hypixel housing roleplays because SRP had much more to offer. As a new player, I was introduced to a lot of rules, people, and drama. I loved it, and I was hooked right away. For the next few months I continued learning the ins and outs of the server, joining classes and meeting new people. I enjoyed every second of it and I continue to play daily, now 2 years later. I don't see any signs of slowing down.

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:
- HD
↳ Meaning:
Head Department
↳ Description: The highest ranked teacher of a given subject. They climb the ranks and are chosen by the faction lead. They have the privilege to train new teachers and giving them advice and tips. There are several Head of Departments, for example, the head department of English (Allen Black!). You can check this either by their rank [HD], or in the teacher roster on discord.

- QT
↳ Meaning:
Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: One step below HD, they are the ones who have enough training and experience to host classes and go their job well and consistently. When the faction lead decides, they may give a NQT a QT role.

- NQT
↳ Meaning:
Newly Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: Teachers are expected to undergo training, so a newly qualified teacher would be one fresh out of training. The faction leads will decide if a teacher is ready to host classes for themselves, but other teachers may come to watch, making sure the new teacher can demonstrate their skills successfully. Once confident, a NQT will be given the QT role.

- UT
↳ Meaning:
Unqualified Teacher (it can also mean under training)
↳ Description: A teacher under training are the ones who are newly hired. Yes, they got the job, but no one is expected to know everything straight away. An unqualified teacher must go under training, often by the department head of their subject. Training will allow the new teacher to gain confidence and knowledge of how to properly do their job.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

I've known quite a few teachers in SRP. Not only do they teach, but they make sure each student is on track for success and are taught how to act as a Karakura citizen. Like real life, they have the opportunity to make a great impact on those they interact with. As far as salary goes, each NQT teacher gets paid 350,000 yen after each (OOC) month, only if they host 10 classes minimum. A QT is given a 400k a month base pay. After that, they will get paid an added 50,000 yen each additional 5 classes. The maximum a teacher can earn is 500,000 yen a month after hosting 25 classes. School days have a total of 4 periods. Period 1 is study time, which means teachers can host for 3 classes every IC day. They tend to announce it on the intercom (ex. classes will be held for period 2 and 4! We will be doing [lesson] today). If not, students can either click the join button in chat or access /classes. During breaks and periods they don't teach, teachers may walk around the school and be on patrol. They'll enforce rules and give out detentions if they need to, they may also help students with directions or questions. Teachers also tend to stay after school to help in the detention room. If not on patrol, they may also hangout (or afk) in the teacher's lounge.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?: The name of the server is given, School RP! People are invested in Karakura HS and College, cheering for Bobcats vs Spartans, and overall showing school sprit. However, school also depends on teachers to teach students different subjects. Teachers are important because they are role models for students and can make large impacts to them. In addition to their job of teaching, they are responsible for keeping each student safe and on track for success. I've met many teachers and they're all so unique and interesting in their own ways. Teachers work together with other school staff to create a positive environment for children and adults. When not in school, they may also have their own families to go home to (SRP families tend to be large). They play a role as a parent (to family), role model (to students), and a friend (to co-workers and other adults)

What lesson planning system does the school work on?: Karakura HS and College runs on the MoSCo (Must have, could have, should have) lesson plan

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does they look like? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is their personality like? What are their plan for the future?

Goro Ogawa, very fit for your average 56 year old man. He appears quite serious and tough on the outside but is quite a softie. As a retired officer, he spent his younger days training, running, and going through obstacles. He remains a fitness geek and due to the high crime rate in Karakura, wants to teach students how to fend for themselves (aka, avoid conflict by outrunning the aggressor). Goro has a full head of grey hair, but got lucky and didn't inherit the balding gene. He also tends to dye part of his bangs purple. He has a short salt and pepper colored beard and a grey mustache. He has green eyes that tends to hide his outer emotions but is very expressive when need be with his thick grey eyebrows. In professional settings, he can be quite strict and assertive, but can also switch to kind and empathetic. Some could say he has two personalities.
I have a skin and I also drew him :)
1683944711100.png
1683944672888.png

Scenarios
/*Do not mention use of FearRP*/

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:
I would first make my presence shown, getting closer and giving a verbal cue, either clearing my throat or saying "excuse me." I would warn them, explaining how their behavior isn't appropriate for school. If they don't listen, I will go father and threaten detention in a serious and stern manner, making sure my point is across. If they stop cursing and swearing, I will smile and thank them, reminding them not to do it again when in a professional setting. However, if they don't listen after a warning of detention, I'd hand over slip to detention and explain how their actions are disappointing. After school, I may assist in detention if needed.
No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
Feeling the tension build up, I would take a breath and look around, assessing the situation. There can be many reasons why they wouldn't listen. First, if I'm not loud enough, like if we're outside and spread out, I would raise my voice to a yell, and if all else fails, use the intercom to call my students back. Second, if students are not listening on purpose, I wouldn't react negatively since that's what they want. In the classroom, I'd give them several warnings before starting to threaten some students with detentions. If we're outside, I may give them 5 minutes to run and get their energy out.
When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:
In the teachers lounge, you would find me leaning against the wall, sipping some hot cocoa. I'd start to chat to my co-workers, introducing myself and learning small details about their lives to bring up later. Sometimes if I'm tired or having a bad day, I'd sit at a table and relax, a bit less chatty. However, if someone strikes up a conversation, I'd follow through. I'd be respectful and give people space if needed. I have lots of stories I'd be interested in bringing up if asked.
Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me
Goro would confidently stride in the classroom with a calm smile, making his way to his desk. He quietly set his bag down on the table, greeting his students with a "Good morning class!" as he unzipped his bag. He pulls out a notebook and digs further in his bag, shifting his hand side to side, sheepishly smiling at his students "My pencil, I can't seem to find it!" After some more searching, he'd finally pull out a pencil with a frog eraser at the end. "Here we are!" He said, switching to a cheerful tone.
/me Goro would proudly scan the room of students, loud and excited. He raised his right palm up to the air and bring his pointer finger to his lips with a "shhhh..." He'd stand tall and clasp his hands together as the class came to a halt in sounds. "It's free choice day," Mr. Ogawa says to his students, he pointed to the board, three large phrases written down. "1. Dodgeball 2. Volleyball 3. Freeze Tag" Giving the students a few minutes to read and decide, he began to explain how he will call out each student's name, adding tallies to each option as they go. The voting has started!
/me Mr. Ogawa would yawn, bringing his palm to his mouth. He'd glance up from his clipboard, scanning his students. He'd watch as their pencils moved, they seemed concentrated. He'd carefully lift himself up and out of his chair, starting to silently walk in and out of each isle. He continues the route, making sure each student keeps their eyes on their own test paper.
/me Goro would point to large lettering on the board to read it aloud, loud and clear. "What is the importance of exercise?" He'd grip the chalk, ready to start writing. He'd turn around, glancing with intent, locating a student who had their hand raised. "Yes?" He say, pointing his chalk to the student. When answered, Goro would jot down a summarized version of their answer on the board. "Yes, exactly! Anyone else have something to add?" He'd continue, writing down several points until he was satisfied.

Backstory

Goro Ogawa was born in 1967 in a small town in Japan. Accompanying him was mother and father, who loved him dearly at first sight. He grew up an only child at first, before his parents adopted a younger boy, Otani. The 6-year-old boy had suffered abuse by his bio parents, so Goro's parents took him in and adopted him when Goro was 10. Living with a new sibling was hard, and it was even harder when Otani had undiagnosed neurological issues that held him back at school and developmentally since no one knew how to deal with his behavior. Goro's parents weren't rich in any means, so when they took in Otani, they both worked fulltime jobs, and even some overtime. Living in a small house in a small town close to family, they often were babysat by Goro's grandparents. They were close, and the kids would be spoiled with toys and games that their parents couldn't provide. When with their parents, they would constantly visit the town's shrine. The mother and father bowed and prayed as the kids chased the pink blossom petals that sprinkled down from the trees. When the kids were older however, they were encouraged to pray beside their parents and were taught about Shintoism. Throughout his childhood, Goro believed in the Shinto religion.
At 13 years old, Goro got a job as a newspaper delivery boy, tossing the daily paper out to each house as he petaled on a worn-out bike. When he was a teenager, Goro sometimes studied his brother's behavior, trying to get a deeper understanding of it. He took a psychology class in highschool and did a project on his brother. Growing up, Goro and Otani were close due to Goro's empathy and patience, and Otani's energetic and interesting personality. Goro would also soon get a job as a dishwasher, helping his parents out by paying for Otani's school supplies and some home renovations. After about 6 months of hard work, Goro was promoted to a waiter in the same restaurant. He had a raise and was able to interact with more people. He was quite clumsy during the beginning, even spilling the customer's drinks all over the floor. Eventually he got better, and at his last year of highschool, he was promoted to chef. However, he absolutely hated being a chef, constantly burning himself from the pressure, scrambling trying to understand his boss's strict directions, and his older co-workers who maliciously harassed Goro every time he messed up, even if it was a small mistake. Halfway through grade 12, he quit the restaurant business to plan out his future.
Goro ended up passing all his exams and applied to 4 different colleges. Some were out of the country and some were close by. It was later when he decided on pursuing a police path, so he searched up which school out of the 4 was best for his chosen career. He ended up moving away from his family to pursue furthering his education in a private college in South Korea. He took a few Korean language classes before moving away. Moving away from his family was difficult, and Otani often had meltdowns because of the change. Goro made sure to send letters to his family as much as he could. He worked as a cashier in retail for the 4 years it took for him to complete his bachelors degree. He knew he has to get a masters degree to heighten his chance to get into the police department, so that's exactly what he did. It was much harder and he took lots of difficult classes, so he quit his retail job to pursue his dream.
College graduation comes and he graduates with his masters. He stayed in Korea to take physical classes and police training in a police academy. After obstacle courses, intense workouts, extra lessons in CPR and medical training, and toughing up, Goro was ready. He spent a couple years as a police officer in South Korea before moving back to Japan closer to family. He still took time to visit his parents, extended family, and brother especially. He got a job as an officer soon after moving and pursued an additional rough yet rewarding 18 years as a respected officer in Japan.
When Goro was 30, he got married to a women who he'd met though friends. His wife was child-free and Goro was as well, or so he thought. Focusing on his career and some on and off vacations were nice, but after 16 happy years of marriage, it became strained. Many small reasons attributed to it, including opinions on children, work/life balance, splitting chores (because Goro asked his wife to pitch in more than he did since she had more time at home with her more flexible job), and financial issues (Goro wanted to save money, but his wife wanted to buy expensive jewelry, etc.). After a year of therapy and trying to figure it out, they ended up giving up and had a messy divorce. At the end, Goro kept most of the money and his now ex-wife got the house. Goro to this day regrets not having children, especially seeing his friends happily speak of their kids and grandkids.
As his police and other life experiences built up, he slowly became less reliant on a God and more reliant on him and his team's raw strengths and abilities to help people and stop crime, by his late-30s, he no longer believed in a God. As he aged, his body becomes less reliable, and it was time for him to retire the officer path of life. At this point he was 54. He moved from his small hometown to something different and new. Karakura was a somewhat small town in Japan, and one unique aspect of it was how there were so many different close-knit large families. Goro thought about meeting them one day...
Karakura, Japan was his final destination. However, he wasn't ready to fully retire, instead he wanted to take his knowledge and experiences and pass it onto the "younglings." He wanted to be a teacher, but what subject? He went online to see what slots are there for him. After a bit of research about Karakura highschool, he settled on a P.E. teacher. Police training was rough and he has a fit, well taken care of body to show for it. His personality changed from years and years of working as a cop, and on the outside he may appear stern, strict, and somewhat scary, but he believes that side of him can whip the students up into shape to do well in keeping themselves healthy. His other side, full of softness and empathy, makes Goro believe he'd get along well with kids on a deeper level. He ended up applying to become a teacher in Karakura high school and hopes to become close with the students he may soon teach.

In-Character Information
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only):
Goro Ogawa
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mr.
Given Name(s): Goro
Preferred Name: Goro (other adults) and Mr. Ogawa or Mr. O (students)

Age (Minimum is 27): 56
Religious Denomination: Family was Shinto, but he leans more Athiest
Marital Status: Single

Nationality: Japanese
Current Location: Karakura, Japan

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience (# of years):
1 year as a newspaper deliverer, 2 years as a restaurant worker (dishwasher, waiter, then chef), 4 years retail (cashier), 20 years as a police officer (Total: 27 years)

Academic Degree: Masters
Year of Graduation: 1991
Major(s): Criminal Justice, Psychology
Minors: Forensic Science

Native Languages: Japanese
Other Languages: Korean

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: No

Extra
/*You may leave this blank*/

Additional notes about your application: N/A
Do you have any questions?: No, but I won't be afraid to ask when I do :)

Attachments

• IMG_5989.jpeg
    IMG_5989.jpeg
    93.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

RexLobo

Level 104
Administrator
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for applying! However, after careful consideration, I have decided to deny your application

• Your application lacked detail in comparison to some others.
  • The subject you applied for was highly competitive.

Please feel free to reapply! Any questions regarding your application, please DM me on discord.

Users who are viewing this thread