Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?:

My Accounts: [HaruMcQueen] [HarubiiMochii]
I’d like to be a teacher on my main account, HaruMcQueen

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?):
Yes! And it is:
spring#8569

Do you have a microphone?:
Yes! And I am very comfortable with using it in vc’s.

How old are you? (Optional):
16 [turning 17 in less than 4 months]

What is your time zone?:
GMT +8:00

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Yes, I am well aware of this system and I agree with it wholeheartedly.

Describe your activity on the server:
I have been very active in SRP ever since April 2021, usually I stay online for at least 3-5 hours each day. Specifically: during weekdays I get on around 1:30pm to 4:30pm/6:00pm, on weekends I get on around 1:30am to 5:00am and 1:30pm to 4:30pm

Do you have any previous bans?:
Unfortunately, yes. I was about a month into getting back to SRP after not playing in it for 2 years and have made poor decisions oocly. I was very ashamed of myself which only fueled me to never commit the same mistake again. I would like to say that I have matured since then and have learned from my punishment despite the small timeframe believe it or not. To this day, I continue to stay true to the vows I have stated and promised in my accepted ban appeal.
[Ban Appeal]
[The appeal stated will be linked here as well to avoid confusion]

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:

HaruMcQueen Account:
[ACCEPTED] Ban Appeal
[ACCEPTED] Language Application [German]
[ACCEPTED] Language Application [Russian]
[ACCEPTED] Language Application [JSL]
[ACCEPTED] Role Request

HarubiiMochii Account:
[ACCEPTED] Language Application [Polish]
[ACCEPTED] Language Applicaton [JSL]
[REVIEWED] Role Request

Deleted Applications:
(applications that I wanted to delete before it was reviewed cos I fixed the issue before admins can look through it)
[ACCEPTED] Item Fix Application
[DENIED] Lost Item Application

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):
Currently on my main account [HaruMcQueen] I am roleplaying as Kyaroru Niwatori, a member of the Kazoku Family, and a current highschool student in Karakura High School. (I plan to transfer her character to my alt account if I ever get accepted as a Physical Education teacher!)

In my alt account [HarubiiMochii] I am roleplaying as Olivia “Ivy” Dovahkiin, Co-Leader of an exclusive family: “Sukiyama”, and is a new student of the Karakura College Department (Bachelor Degree).

In the same account I am also roleplaying as Emilia “Ella” Sauer, also a new student of the Karakura College Department (Bachelor Degree).

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:

I plan to teach Physical Education, most commonly known as P.E.

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:
Personally, I experienced being a teacher first hand oocly. I was in fact a student teacher when I was in my Sophomore Year. I taught all subjects for Pre-School and Senior Kinder while I taught Basic Education in Physics and Arts for Third Year Middle-Schoolers. The reason why I was put into the program was to train students like me who were under the honor roll to be more responsible and people friendly in preparation for their Senior Years. Though the training was stressful, I do miss teaching children as they inspire me to continue and be better each day. When I got on SRP for the first time in two whole years, I was dumbfounded and honestly, I was very confused. The first class I went to icly was a Music Class hosted by Mr. Edgeworth. It brought me back to the feeling of teaching Arts and Physics to little children even though I clearly had no clue of what was happening in Mr. Edgeworth’s class. It made me remember the essence of appreciation that revolves around teachers and how important they can be in both the real world and the server.

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT & If your application is accepted, you may have to undergo teacher training?:
Yes! This process was interesting and extremely fun for my friends that were new Teachers. I am very intrigued and excited to see how it will go down for me since I’ve been pondering on what it’s like.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:
I believe teacher class logs are the same, if not very identical to work activity logs that are used to gauge the amount of time staff or employees work. The logs are a fair and efficient tool to help teachers prove they have hosted a class in a span of a month. They are also efficient in means of checking who is active and consistent in hosting classes. Failure to fill this in properly will result in problems with getting your paycheck/ proving one has hosted a class.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
“Respect begets Respect”
You are expected to be open minded and respectful towards your classmates and teachers. This way, the educational relationship between faculty staff and students is fun, enjoyable and not unfair nor rude! Respect is earned the second you give it.

“Cheating is Prohibited!”
Cheating in any class is a strict violation in any classroom. It is highly encouraged not to cheat in class especially since teachers encourage a learning and informative environment rather than an unfair and deceiving one.

“No Food nor Gadgets”
During classes, it is best you put away your food and electronics, there are specified facilities for you to eat or use gadgets! The Cafeteria is for food, The Library or Outside Campus is for Gadgets and the Classroom is for learning! Let’s keep it that way!

“Grab my attention properly and appropriately”
Always raise your hand to ask a question, when the teacher is facing away: you may call out their name. Refrain from shouting out requests, statements or questions, doing so might disrupt another class from learning.

“No Violence”
Starting any sort of violent interaction either with a student, teacher or staff is completely looked down upon and is punishable by a warning and possibly detention. The school promotes solving problems in a non aggressive or combative manner.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
I have a lot of experience in roleplaying, by a lot I mean years and years of it. I started roleplaying on this server around late 2017 however I joined the forums around 2018, which is also around the time I took a break from the server. Once High School started for me I was having a difficult time adjusting so I decided to drop playing Minecraft in general for a little while so I can get a hang of what High School life is like. During that time I was more active in Amino, roleplaying as different characters and oc's I have made throughout the years in their community tabs. I also have out of character experience due to the fact that I grew up in a city where theater in schools was a big deal, thanks to this I got into a lot of plays and production teams in and out of my school. I came back to SRP relearning the whole roleplaying system since it has changed so much from the last time I saw it, obviously committing some errors although I started getting the hang of it! I pick up things very quickly so it wasn't as hard to understand. I began to enjoy detailed rp and tend to look forward to using it when given the chance to become a teacher.

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:
- HD

↳ Meaning: Head of Department
↳ Description: This position is given to the most qualified teachers in the faculty. The Head of Department is usually the person who keeps everyone in check, including the teachers. They are also usually the ones with the most experience in teaching and are highly respected among students.

- QT
↳ Meaning: Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: This is a promotion given to Newly Qualified Teachers who have shown excellence and consistency in their classes. Qualified Teachers have dedication towards their job and are granted the rank with great honor. It also adds to the teacher’s experience so the ones under this rank can be promoted to become the Head of Department if there is none appointed under that subject.

- NQT
↳ Meaning: Newly Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: A promotion from UT given to the teachers who just finished and passed their training. They are expected to independently host classes from here on out and are given a quota just like every other teacher in Karakura High School.

- UT
↳ Meaning: Unqualified Teacher
↳ Description: Newly hired teachers who are generally new to teaching and to their role in the campus. They are teachers who are undergoing training, therefore they aren’t allowed to host a class independently just yet.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

Teachers in and out-of-game are basically the foundation for all careers. They prepare the students for the future and help them discover their dreams, talents and goals especially in highschool where students are beginning to formulate their plans for college. Teachers tend to be very important in society because their role is to pass down information one generation at a time. They are the reason why students can take on whatever career they wish to take in the future. In-game they are the people that give the server some sense, without teachers there would be no need for a school which is the topic this Minecraft sub-server currently relies on.

The teacher's salary in the server is 450,000 yen for completing a quota of 15 classes per month. Although a bonus of 50,000 yen will be given to those who host an extra 10 classes. The bonus is claimable only twice per month.

Teachers usually teach with passion. I have seen many teachers myself due to being a student who transfer schools often, and one thing they all have in common is teaching and smiling despite being very tired or exhausted. Teachers tend to teach their students with determination in their eyes and a spark of hope that would linger with every student. They teach not only professionally but also happily, because doing their job is not easy- although it is very important, not everyone can do what they do.

Teachers are people too, and they do the same things we do in their spare time in general, like relaxing through a bubble bath, nurturing their talents, discovering new hobbies, taking care of family, maybe a pet or a couple of plants and probably even planning their next work plan or in this case making a lesson chart for students. This of course will vary from teacher to teacher.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:
It’s simple really, teachers are important to a School Roleplay Server because these types of servers revolve around school life as seen from the name. One of the many things that would affect school life are the teachers. Without teachers or professors that would teach, students in the server will no longer classify as a student but instead would be classified as a civilian. Without the teachers, the whole point of a School Roleplay Server is invalid.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
MOSCOW:
Must have, Should Have, Could have, Won't have

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How do they look like? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is their personality like? What are their plans for the future?

Hiroshi Yuuma, is a 6ft tall Half American Half Japanese man. He has dyed black hair, he also has albinism and heterochromia, making his complexion paler than usual and his eyes a light green and brown. He loves wearing comfortable jackets and t-shirts so he is often seen in one, his hair is held back by a small amount of gel and a frame of glasses would sit on his nose bridge from time to time. The man would have a rather fit build thanks to his profession, but his facial expressions are usually kind and soft.

Something that makes him unique from other people is his compassionate nature. Despite being hurt or bothered by his situation, he always finds a way to put others' needs before his own. Hiroshi is absolutely one of the most caring and positive people you will ever encounter even if he looks intimidating.

Hiroshi was a child once too, and growing up he's always had the patience for the younger generation. This was because his tall and fit build often intimidated children despite having a gentle and soft nature. He is the definition of "Never judge a book by it's cover" because despite looking gruff and even scary sometimes he always had a gentle and soft spot for students! As for teachers his social nature always seems to be running when surrounded by them, this is probably because he can relate to them the most by being colleagues and also because he respects them very much to be comfortable around the group.

Hiroshi is usually the type to be gentle and understanding. He is also very extroverted and so he encourages everyone of his students to be the very best version of themselves at their own pace. He is also very alert and serious especially when he is asked for help. He has a generous nature and loves to help around.

He plans to continue his teaching career in the future since it is most likely the closest thing he'll ever get to being an athlete. He plans to teach Physical Education until the day he decides to retire due to his overwhelming passion over the subject. He has planned and worked his way to get to that point so he wouldn’t be one to throw the opportunity away or switch careers.

Scenarios
/*Do not mention use of FearRP*/

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:
Hiroshi would approach them in a very calm manner and would give them a warning for using profanities, he would then explain why he gave them the warning in hopes of making them understand that what they did was unacceptable through good verbal communication. After that he’d let them off, secretly telling his fellow teachers about it so they can also be aware of the delinquents' behavior.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
He would cough rather loudly in order to get their attention, eyeing everyone before holding a fist above his head signaling that he’d appreciate some silence. He then uses his height as an advantage to be seen clearer by students and blows his whistle, he then waits for the noise to die down, after which he continues the lesson and prepares them for the activity.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:
Hiroshi would grab a glass before interacting with his fellow colleagues, conversing with them and talking about his students. He then joins in with their current conversation, while also resting as he waits for the next period. His extroverted personality never fails him as he jumps from one conversation to another until the teachers leave to either host detention or help around the faculty.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me
would gesture to the seats, asking his students to sit down, looking around the class before darting his eyes back to his group of students. He then nods and introduces himself in a moderately loud voice while signing for students who are deaf.

/me would grab a chalk from the desk and would write down "Importance of Physical Education", he then turns around and puts his left hand in his pocket while motioning to the board with his right saying "Can anyone tell me one Importance of P.E. and explain in one direct sentence. The first one who gets the right answer is leader of Team A and the second get's to lead Team B for the day".

/me would turn to the student who was nervous. He'd smile and pat their back comfortingly in hopes of easing the tension. He pats their head before speaking up, "I know how scary it is to dive headfirst into a pool, I flopped a million times when I was an athlete your age, so don’t worry if you commit a mistake or two, just take a deep breath and use that fear to your advantage, I'll go first-- so you can see there's nothing to be afraid of!” he comforts the student.

/me would blow the whistle to signal that the timer has begun, he watches over the students as they warmed up for today's activity. Eyes scanning over the students who don't participate during the warm-up, and scribbling on his small notebook. He then blows the whistle again while asking them to line up

Backstory

CHILDHOOD ARC
Hiroshi Yuu, was often the name he was called by his family ever since he was born in California, USA. For that he was singled out most of the time and was picked on for being named something so absurd, Yuu however did not mind the other children’s behavior. The reason behind this is because of this mother, Naomi Itchita Adelaide, a strong Japanese woman who migrated to America to marry her husband, Ryan Jay Adelaide, Yuu’s father and a Professor at LACM (Los Angeles College for Music). Hiroshi had a younger sister named Erina, who also took part in everyday meetings with their Mother. Naomi did her best to give her children at least awareness and love for their other nationality, by cooking them Japanese Dishes, Teaching them how to speak Japanese and write in all three of their alphabets namely: Kanji, Katakana and Hiragana. They both grew up to love their culture while discovering their talents and hobbies, Erina grew to be a pianist like their father while Hiroshi grew to be a great athlete. The siblings would often teach each other their skills, and were inseparable when growing up despite being in separate Clubs, Schools and Colleges.

ADULTHOOD ARC

The young male decided to be a Physical Education Teacher after suffering an injury to his arm that prevented him from working as a full time athlete [He tore a ligament in his wrist after a competition]. After getting a license to teach and begin his career, he flew to Japan after his Mother's death, her life was taken by leukemia after he graduated College. He took his time to shift from his Sports Track to an Educational Track, using his already found knowledge of sports to his advantage when applying for teaching jobs in Karakura, Japan after Majoring in Science for Education. The move was never easy considering the large amount of differences America and Japan had, however there was never a language barrier thanks to his Mother, whom he will always remember while teaching in her hometown.

In-Character Information
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only):
Hiroshi Adelaide
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mister
Given Name(s): Hiroshi James Yuuma
Preferred Name: Hiro/Yuu

Age (Minimum is 27): 29
Religious Denomination: Atheist
Marital Status: Single

Nationality: American/Japanese
Current Location: Karakura, Japan

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience (# of years):
None, fresh out of College and the Licensure Exam.

Academic Degree: Bachelor of Science in Education
Year of Graduation: 2020
Major(s): Physical Education
Minors: Health and Sports Theory

Native Languages: English and Japanese
Other Languages: German and Japanese Sign Language

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: Yes. More specifically, CELTA.

Extra

Additional notes about your application: none as of now!
Do you have any questions?: I was told I should apply to be a certain height, should I apply for that after the results or while I'm waiting?​

KimiNoUso

Level 338
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Accepted
Congratulations! You have been accepted for the position of P.E. Teacher at Karakura High School.

After carefully reading through your application, I have concluded that your application is up to par with the standards expected when reviewing Teachers applications, welcome to the team! There are just a few steps left to obtain your role(s):

- Ensure that you’re in the Karakura Academics Discord.
- DM me via Discord to get your roles and permissions setup: @KimiNoUso#9999.

Please note:
Upon joining the Teacher faction, you will receive the role of Untrained Teacher (UT); only once you've completed training will you be newly qualified and authorized to independently host a class.

Users who are viewing this thread