Omega+
IGN:
Customable
DATE:
24/01/22
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
Parkour for the Acrobatics stat
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
Ok, so like, funny suggestion right, what if the acrobatics stat increase your ability to parkour, with each maybe 20 - 25% of acrobatics you gain a skill in parkour you might be able to do in real life.

• Hang from a wall's edge

• Kick jump off a wall

• Jump from ledges a little further

• Maybe a crappy version of wall running to get over small gaps you cant jump across

it also may make running away from people in-game a more interesting dynamic when one is more physically capable than the other.

I don't know, I thought it might be cool since all acrobatics really does is increase jump height and parkour is a genuine skill you can learn in real life, Let me know what you think.​

ZaciZach

Level 27
zacizach
zacizach
Rich+
Just be like that one weird college kid that jumps all the time because his player can't sit still for more than two minutes
(Also that one weird college kid: has 98 acro)

Wrath ⛥

Level 99
conqnest
conqnest
Notable
Just be like that one weird college kid that jumps all the time because his player can't sit still for more than two minutes
(Also that one weird college kid: has 98 acro)
definitely isn't referencing specifically to anyone or anything/lh

anyways +1 sounds cool I wanna be spiderman

HATOLA

Level 270
HATOLA
HATOLA
Rich+
Idk. .sounds like a cool thing but Im not sure if it will be possible uhhh
I guess, +1 for rn

SimplyLK

Level 67
SimplyLK
SimplyLK
Rich+
I hate to deny the suggestion as it is very unique and cool, however the way it's presented is not something I think we should add. I agree with the suggestion in certain extents but thing's like wall running and doing things very little people can do is not one of them. It takes lot's of technique and balance to do those thing's mentioned not just jumping ability. With that being said you can already kind of jump further to some extent as well as already very useful in chases and sports. (Unless it's Volleyball or Baseball) Overall a unique and cool idea but this idea I personally don't think should be added.

Customable

Level 137
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+
Idk. .sounds like a cool thing but Im not sure if it will be possible uhhh
I guess, +1 for rn
for wall clinging and things like that it could be as simple as detecting when a player is next to a wall and placing a barrier under them, maybe freezing them mid air (might cause issues with flight being disabled)

Customable

Level 137
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+
I hate to deny the suggestion as it is very unique and cool, however the way it's presented is not something I think we should add. I agree with the suggestion in certain extents but thing's like wall running and doing things very little people can do is not one of them. It takes lot's of technique and balance to do those thing's mentioned not just jumping ability. With that being said you can already kind of jump further to some extent as well as already very useful in chases and sports. (Unless it's Volleyball or Baseball) Overall a unique and cool idea but this idea I personally don't think should be added.
thank you for your reasoning, wall running was a little far fetched of an addition however the term acrobatics does not refer to your ability to jump, it refers to balance, agility and motor coordination, meaning it accounts for most skills in flexibility or manoeuvrability.

having it only increase jump height felt unworth grinding to 100% of the stat for, i'd suggest lowering the difficulty to achieve such a state of creating more features for it as suggested above.

"It takes lot's of technique and balance to do that thing's mentioned not just jumping ability."

With 100% acrobatics, you would be fairly skilled under the official definition provided above!

Customable

Level 137
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+
I am also in understanding that the chances this will actually be accepted Is very low with the more prioritized things, by the way, I would not have such high hopes for this suggestion being implemented at all, and if it is I expect it would be very bottom of the list, Just a cool idea that came to me in my sleep.

( especially with the map being so barrier off )

SimplyLK

Level 67
SimplyLK
SimplyLK
Rich+
thank you for your reasoning, wall running was a little far fetched of an addition however the term acrobatics does not refer to your ability to jump, it refers to balance, agility and motor coordination, meaning it accounts for most skills in flexibility or manoeuvrability.

having it only increase jump height felt unworth grinding to 100% of the stat for, i'd suggest lowering the difficulty to achieve such a state of creating more features for it as suggested above.

"It takes lot's of technique and balance to do that thing's mentioned not just jumping ability."

With 100% acrobatics, you would be fairly skilled under the official definition provided above!
I get what your saying and everything but it would overcomplicate things if you ask me. Again a cool idea I get it and everything but I still don't think it should be added. Just because someone has good acrobatics doesn't mean they have balance it takes for parkour. To further that just because people like cops who are further trained they still can't action thing's that normal people can't do. That's arguably a better alternative then this in terms of realism. I get you want it to be more useful but no stat is really useful in anything more than sports and chasing. Even running though it's quicker not really useful. I mean with that logic though they need to do more with swimming as well cause its only use is Swim Team and the times in chases. Same with Acrobatics except it's got more sports covered like FB, BB, Track, Dodgeball, maybe even swimming I don't know 100% though.

KimiNoUso

Level 337
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for your feedback.

- As interesting as this sounds, it'd likely cause too many issues with players getting into places they aren't suppose to be alongside being slightly unrealistic for everyone to be able to do.

Users who are viewing this thread