mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Accepted PauseRP | Tutor Application

Mika

Level 46
What is your Minecraft username?: PauseRP

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?): Mikaela#7025

Have you ever been banned (If yes when and why?): I have been banned in early 2017 for FailRP, I believe it was when I was new and didn't get the /looc thing at all since I just found the server on just basic youtube. I cannot remember what I was banned for, but I deeply apologise for my ban and past behaviour.

What is your timezone?: GMT

Describe your activity on the server: I would say I am VERY active. Even being an adult, I was online despite not having anything to do at all. Before my long break, I would be online 8-11 hours a day since I was literally bored out of my mind. Now, I go on daily 4-8 hours as I am in lockdown so I have nothing to do, but I still have assignments. Some days may be more active than others, depending on what I do.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?: I FULLY acknowledge this fact and will assure you I will be active.

School Employee Role you are applying for?: Tutor

In as much detail as possible, describe the employee role you are applying for: A tutor- one of the most forgotten roles on SRP, despite having a major impact on a lot of the students. A tutor is an individual who is simply tasked to help any troubled students, whether they like them or not. As it says in it’s obvious name, tutors are there for when a student is struggling to grasp the concept of a subject, or completely lost in something. A tutor will not give them the answer straight up, but rather lead the student to the answer, making them proud of themselves, no matter how hard/easy that question would be. When helping a student, a tutor must know what they are talking about, as if they give something wrong to a student, that student might use it in class and blame it for your mistake. Tutors are supposed to help with subjects, yes, but if a student has something that is troubling them, a tutor must help them, especially if it is about the student's mental health.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?: Being a rather early player in the game from late 2016, I would say I am VERY experienced. I have GangRP'd in the past, been a paramedic, a college professor, a college student and many things in between. As I was very active, I have kept updated on all of the rules, as I wouldn't like to get banned for something I did not know about. As I have been playing for a long time, I would say I am pretty good at both roleplaying and detailrp, as I do it quite often. Being a College Professor and Paramedic, I know all school employees, as well as most roles on the server, MUST be professional. I do know that if you have seen my character waltzing around, he is not amazingly serious, although he is working on that as it is a big thing for his character.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:

[!] Accepted [!]

Swahili Language - https://schoolrp.net/threads/language-application
Spanish Language - https://schoolrp.net/threads/mikaelaisbaes-spanish-application.16289/
German Language - https://schoolrp.net/threads/animxs-german-application.21157/
Italian Language - https://schoolrp.net/threads/mikaelaisbaes-italian-application.15495/
Malagasy Language - https://schoolrp.net/threads/pauserps-language-application.26370/

College Professor - It was on a conversation on forums.
Paramedic (When it was a thing) - Accepted on discord.
Ban Appeal - Could not find it but it was accepted.
College Student - It was on forums.
6'10 in height - https://schoolrp.net/threads/pauserps-custom-script-application.26188/

-----

[!] Denied [!]

Police Application - https://schoolrp.net/threads/police-application.21260/
Staff Application - Could not bring the link.
Judge Application (When it was a thing) - Discord

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level): [Adult] - I have been a College Student in the past, but as it was a long time ago, I don’t think there were exams you got qualifications for.

Situations

During a work-shift a student starts cursing at you for being pathetic, how does your character react?: First off, Akaashi would let an exhale out, keeping calm and practising beforehand in his head on what to say to this student- then would first ask the student to politely follow them to somewhere less populated to not cause a scene and embarrass the student. He would then ask the student kindly to stop insulting him, and ask him if anything is bothering him, as people don't get angry for no reason. Instead of giving them detention, Akaashi would give the student a short lecture depending if they had a lesson or not, explaining why it is not okay to do this and such. He would then say to not do this again or there will be consequences. If this does not work and they continue cursing at Akaashi, he would tell them that he gave a warning beforehand, and so give them a detention for their behaviour. If the situation becomes worse and the student keeps on cursing at him, Akaashi would then bring the student to a higher school employee, such as the VP.

You notice two students are physically fighting in the hallway, – multiple punches have been thrown – how does your character react?: As soon as he would see the fight, he would yell to first stop loudly to alert them to stop, if they do not he would pull each other away from each other getting in the middle, attempting to stop it. If the fight was crowded, Akaashi would quickly yet politely ask the other students to leave the area, going to class if there was one starting. Then he would bring the two students to somewhere private, asking what caused the fight. After knowing what has caused the fight, he would give the appropriate consequences, but if it was something other than detention, he would bring the students to the VP's office for something more serious.

Another school employee is clearly acting inappropriately, doing something very dangerous on the job, how does your character react?: Seeing whatever the other school employee was doing, my character would ask them to stop, depending on the situation. He would then say that they are risking their job if they were doing something serious, and it would NOT benefit them. If Akaashi could not handle the fellow employee and they were acting inappropriately, he would go to the VP/Dean, depending on which section of the school they were.

When in the employee break room, how does your character act? In the break room, my character would be social and talk to fellow employees, asking how their day was and such. If they had any problems Akaashi would try to talk to them and help in whatever way he could. If alone in the break room, he would maybe go through social media such as onrain. He would drink his coffee/tea if he had one in peace, just relaxing in general, maybe calling up his family members, asking how/what they were doing. Although, if he had work to check or something to know for any students, he would prioritize that rather than talking.

Provide us with at least three detailed /me's of your character whilst on your chosen role:

/me Swiftly sitting down on the seat alongside him, he would slowly raise his hand to the cup that would be placed beside him- his gaze also moving to the cup which was filled with fresh coffee. He would carefully pick it up, giving a faint smile to the chattering crowd ahead of him.

/me Resting his arms on the wooden desk, sitting up in a straight stance- the male would reach over to the draws, taking out a textbook as he quietly placed it on the desk, not wanting to disturb anyone. Flipping it open, reading through the pages carefully, thinking of how to make the book seem simpler to students to grasp the idea.

/me Akaashi would bring his hands together, trying to clap to gain the attention of the student. Afterwards, he would turn to his side- to the whiteboard, pointing on the words written on it with his index finger, wanting to explain something to the student.

In-Character Section

Full Name: ‘Akaashi’ Rajin Aldridge

Age (Minimum age is 25): 40

Title (Mr,Mrs,Miss): Mr.

Academic Degree: Bachelor's degree on English Lit & Education

Year of Graduation: 2001

Major(s): English Lit & English Language

Minors: Education

Backstory

1097 words

Akaashi Raijin didn't come from the best background. He was born on January 3rd, into a rather unforgiving world. More often than not, Akaashi was living off scraps he could find. Akaashi constantly wondered, "Am I doing enough?" The Raijin household was extremely poor, Akaashi had no other choice to work from a young age. He took whatever jobs he could find, from a simple barista or newspaper boy.

As soon as Akaashi could work, he would always work when he had the chance. His grades, however, went down considerably. This led to unwanted attention from both students and teachers. School bullies would verbally abuse Akaashi for his unfortunate circumstances and being bisexual did not help him, as well as the horrible work he did in school. As if this was not enough, teachers would ask him over and over to redo his work, even if he was trying his absolute best, pouring whatever energy he had left into it. However, once after lunch a school tutor caught him deeply struggling with his homework. The tutor named Hiroki, then helped him, even when Akaashi said he did not have to. After having a small mental battle with himself, Akaashi, finally gave in and confided in Hiroki. After countless hours of deep discussion, Hiroki tried to help Akaashi by putting a stop to his torment by bullies. Akaashi didn’t want more unnecessary attention or trouble, so he decided to change himself instead of those around him. He did this by allowing Hiroki to personally tutor him. Deeply touched by Hiroki’s willingness to help, to give to such a greedy world, Hiroki and he grew close quickly.

In no time, Hiroki and Akaashi became close. He viewed Hiroki as the father figure he never had. Soon, Akaashi found that his grades were slowly rising, seeing this, Akaashi made it his mission to keep it up. "No one will bully me anymore!" he thought, chuckling to himself, how little was he right. A week after, his grades shot up, likewise- his bullying. Every day now, a coffee would be thrown on him, a drink his love grew for. Every week, there was at least one slight beatdown from the older kids, jealous of what he had with the tutor. Hiroki did want to help, do whatever he could, but he knew he couldn’t.

So, he gave the idea to Akaashi to read a book, or anything to help him distract himself from his situation. Akaashi loved the idea so he weekly visited the library, still somehow working amidst his huge schedule. Despite this financial situation himself and his family were in, Akaashi repeatedly had friends over. He would often ask his friends to borrow a book or offer them to join him to the library, as his love steadily increased for books. Due to his great reading skills, it eventually blossomed into a love for English and writing in general. Doing his once-hard English homework was not a problem anymore. Akaashi’s lighthearted personality started to show, and he was just having the time of his life.

In his senior year in high school, his old tutor, Hiroki asked him what Akaashi wanted to be. Akaashi was indeed surprised because he never actually thought he would get a stable job, doing jobs here and there 24/7. After a brief moment, he knew the answer. With a slightly tear eyed smile, he replied: “I want to be a tutor”. Hiroki was shocked yet deeply touched, not thinking he would actually say anything to do with a school due to his bullying. Soon after, Hiroki reignited their student/teacher relationship; teaching Akaashi how to become a tutor. With Hiroki’s help, he eventually passed his College Entrance Exams- studying English Language & Lit. With great effort and determination, pouring everything he had into studying and revising, he finally got his degree. Both Hiroki and himself were delighted with Akaashi’s major effort, thinking how far he had come. As time passed, Hiroki continued to guide him. He recommended starting off with small kids, and so he did. Seeing bullying did NOT please Akaashi, so whenever there would be bullying at his school, he would put a stop to it. Eventually, Akaashi wanted to teach high school students, so Hiroki suggested a few schools which he could easily get into, given his degrees.

Hiroki soon went on a vacation with his family, feeling like he deserved it with the amount of effort he put in with everything; and Akaashi was left alone. He counted the days and gained met a few friends with fellow school employees, so it was ‘easier’ for him to wait. Here and there there was trouble at the school, such as a huge language barrier, as well as troublemaker children. When Hiroki returned with a ring on his finger, he was attacked by Akaashi giving him a hug and a LONG talk. After attending Hiroki’s wedding and having reached being a tutor for a whole two and a half years, Akaashi was suddenly given a choice to go abroad. Seeing as his efforts as a tutor were extremely exceptional, as well as his students getting high grades; he decided to pursue it. Of course, he was happy with his students and Hiroki, but he didn’t know where to go, so as always, he asked Hiroki. Hiroki then replied “Japan”; in specific, Karakura, Hiroki’s home town. For some odd reason, Hiroki was chuckling as he said that, knowing something he did but Akaashi did not. Thinking about it for a week, Akaashi made his choice and caught the next flight to Karakura.

Reaching Karakura, Akaashi was taken aback. “This is it?” He exclaimed. The place was a mess. It was filthy, plenty of poor people, and lots of crime; it reminded him of his youth. How was he supposed to teach here? But then it hit him. Hiroki had planned this. He did Akaashi a kindness in disguise and now it was time to pay it forward. Hiroki didn’t want money, love, not even a thank you; he simply wanted to continue the cycle, to do some real good in the world. It was Akaashi’s duty to continue it, and so he did. After getting some decent coffee, of course, he explored the city. In no time, Karakura High was towering before him. Downing the last of his coffee, determination plastered on his face, Akaashi took a leap of faith, crossing through those front gates, to a job that may not only change his life but those around him.

END

Motivation for Joining KHS: As stated previously, I would like to better the school further in any way I can. Put the kindness I was shown to good use and pay it forward. To hold down a real job and make something of myself, to improve myself. To better those around me and to make sure no student suffers what I have in the past.

Do you have any previous experience working in a school environment? If so, please elaborate (If not, respond with "N/A"): I have worked in America as a tutor in a high school and middle school and was given the chance to go abroad, although I have heard a lot of what the job is tasked within Karakura, from my old tutor, Hiroki.

Why should you be accepted over the other applicants?: I believe I can be chosen over other applicants because I have past experience, with both middle and high school overseas. I know the rules you must follow and common questions students often ask for subjects. I really do feel that I would exceed at being a tutor, as I was taught a LOT of things by my tutor, including how to be one. I have worked my way up here through sheer hard work and effort, and I intend to use the same effort to be a tutor. I do NOT plan on quitting anytime soon if I were to get accepted, as I am a dedicated person through work. I would say I am indeed an approachable person in general, so I would try to make students open up to me if they would have any problems at all, whether that be mental or just something with the work.

Extra

Additional notes about your application: Apologies for the layout, not sure why it looks like that.

Do you have any questions?: N/A

Last edited:

KimiNoUso

Level 338
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Accepted
Congratulations! You have been accepted for the position of Tutor at Karakura High School.

After carefully reading through your application, I have concluded that your application is up to par with the standards expected when reviewing School Employee applications. There are just a few steps left to obtain your role(s):

- Ensure that you’re in the Karakura Academics Discord.
- DM me via Discord to get your roles and permissions setup: @KimiNoUso#9999.

Notes:
-
Note that Tutor is essentially Teaching Assistant with the additional perk of what once was the Private-Tutor role should you remember it, meaning you'll be able to host your own tutoring sessions on top of attending both College & Highschool classes to assist the lecturer.

DM me on Discord if you have any questions regarding your application: @KimiNoUso#9999

Users who are viewing this thread