ImYourManMyles
ImYourManMyles
Omega
IGN:
ImYourManMyles
DATE:
11/25/2022
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
I want to suggest if you do /payrequest on someone it'll say if they have enough money or not.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY:
I think that this would benefit the community specifically for gangRP purposes. I know a ton of people gangRP on this server and I think this would be pretty beneficial due to the fact that some people aren't honest. Say you KO someone and you mug 5k. You can /payrequest them and see if they actually have enough. This will prevent people from lying about not having enough money and it'll make gangrp so much easier. It'll make it easier since if you have a suspicion that they are lying OOCly, you have to get staff and do all this extra work. When with this idea it'll just say if its valid or invalid.

Last edited:

philbertman42

Level 130
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
This is somewhat besides the point, but who cares if you're being shorted a few thousand yen? Any player, especially one who regularly mugs people and/or gangrps, really shouldn't be so strapped for cash that a measly 5,000 yen matters to them. If you desperately need pretend minecraft currency so badly, rob somebody with more than a day's worth of playtime instead of settling for inexperienced players.

On a more logical note, this situation seems niche enough that I don't think there's any reason devs need to focus attention on it as mugging is the only situation where this command would be used.

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
This is somewhat besides the point, but who cares if you're being shorted a few thousand yen? Any player, especially one who regularly mugs people and/or gangrps, really shouldn't be so strapped for cash that a measly 5,000 yen matters to them. If you desperately need pretend minecraft currency so badly, rob somebody with more than a day's worth of playtime instead of settling for inexperienced players.
Just a reminder: Experienced players use the bank. I've come across many situations where an 'experienced' player does not have 5k on them.

but again, i feel like this command doesnt really need much to it either way

ImYourManMyles

Level 50
ImYourManMyles
ImYourManMyles
Omega

On a more logical note, this situation seems niche enough that I don't think there's any reason devs need to focus attention on it as mugging is the only situation where this command would be used.
yeah but u do all that work to ko, u should get a prize! but fr i see what youre saying

zegevlier

Level 23
Community Team
Developer
That's a pretty big violation of privacy, that you can just see if someone has some amount of money.

DarkEclipic

Level 150
Community Team
Lore Team
DarkEclipic
DarkEclipic
Omega+

If they don't want their cash taken, they would store it in their bank. They arent really required to carry 5k on them just in case they might get koed, plus as Zeg said. It's a big invasion of their own privacy.

Lizalopod

Level 130

This would also encourage metagaming, like for example, checking if someone has enough money, and if they don't, waiting until they do.

Plus what zeg said.

NoZinth

Level 194
Administrator
Employee Lead
Gang Lead
NoZinth
NoZinth
Omega+
What if it just says they don't have enough, not saying the exact number?
They can just repeatedly lower the amount until the command successfully goes through, there's no real way for this to work without it being abused for metagaming

KimiNoUso

Level 337
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
This will lead to metagame at which point we should enable /bal instead (which sadly isn't something we'll be doing in the near future)

Users who are viewing this thread