Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IGN (In-Game Name):

Trailmixpeanut

Discord Name & Tag:

Peanut#4270

Previous bans:

None

Describe your activity on the server:

Between EMS and my main account [the one I am applying with], I am fairly active. I try to get on at least once a day for a few hours, and soon I will be able to increase my activity better than it already is.

Which timezone are you in?

CST

List your current and past IC/OOC faction applications:

I have only ever applied for EMS, and I was recently accepted [about 2 months ago].

What is your motivation for applying?:

I have quite the list of motivations to apply for KPD. First and foremost, I have participated in CopRP on a few servers, and I thoroughly enjoy it. I recognize that KPD will be different from my previous experiences, and that is partially what I am looking forward to. I’m interested in participating in more roleplay centered around law enforcement, and I am excited to see how this particular faction works. I am also genuinely interested in developing how well I roleplay, and I believe entering the faction could help me develop other perspectives and opportunities surrounding RP. Another important reason I would like to join the force is because I think its function is very important, that being to keep a state of anarchy from breaking out in the server. Without the police force, Karakura would be running rampant with unruly gangs - I would like to assist in making sure that doesn’t happen. Other than those two reasons, I’m interested in joining the faction in order to create unique character interactions and role play scenarios. Originally, I started the server GangRping, but very quickly I became disinterested, so most of my roleplay has been outside of GangRp. I recently joined EMS and realized just how amazing working in the factions could be! I have also already interacted with a couple PD members and I am extremely interested in working alongside them. The last thing I would like to mention is that I am well suited for the job, which definitely served as a primary reason for my application. I work well under stress, I take orders as given, and I work very hard with any task that I am entrusted with. To sum up, I am applying because I believe I can make a valuable and reliable member to the force, and I am excited to work alongside any other faction members!

What knowledge do you have of Police Work?

If we are speaking roleplay wise, then I have a decent amount of experience. I functioned as a police officer on two other servers, so I have a general idea on how CopRP works. The people I worked under previously most likely had a different system set up than SRP does, but from what I have heard from other officers it is not entirely different. I am familiar with bail sentencing, arrest logs, protective custody, detective work, the functions of every tool/weapon used by the force, and other general knowledge. I realize that I will be learning a lot more than what I already know, and I am completely open minded to it! I would also like to mention that I am well versed in Combat/DetailRp.

Why is Police important to SchoolRP?

Like I mentioned in one of the previous questions, police work is very important in order to prevent server anarchy. The few times that officers are not on create a perfect example of why the faction is so needed. When law enforcement is not around, players are less inclined to FearRP, so they run around chopping others limbs off, taunting hospital workers, throwing bodies into KPD, or taking over power plant. Though some of these scenarios are fun during events, they are not very fun when they are long lasting. Players who would like to peacefully roleplay are interrupted by screaming delinquents running around the town with weapons. With police around, players are more likely to FearRP properly. Though gang activity still occurs while police are on, it is played out in an appropriate manner. To sum up, without law enforcement, Karakura would be in a state of anarchy that would ruin roleplay for a lot of people.

Do you acknowledge that you're subject to being demoted if accepted at any given time?

I acknowledge and accept this.

Do you acknowledge that by applying for this role, you are agreeing to be 100% dedicated to the Police Officer role?

I acknowledge this, and I fully intend to dedicate myself to the faction.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are needed to attend or you will be punished?

I acknowledge this and plan on attending every training session.

In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: CHARACTER INFORMATION

Character's Full Name:

Ayvin U. Kaldwin

Character's age (if accepted):

Character's gender & pronouns:

Female, She/Her.

Character's Academic Background
(Grade-12/Bachelors/Masters/PhD):

Bachelor's in criminal justice, Minor in forensic science

What languages are you proficient in besides Japanese?

Italian/French

Describe your character; how they look, what makes them unique?

Ayvin has a couple notable features, the first being her white hair and oddly blue eyes. She was born in a family with a hereditary albino gene, the traits passing down to her via white hair and pale reddish eyes. However, since she did not like having red tinted eyes, she puts in contacts [though they’re a little too blue, so they seem artificial]. Other than that, her most distinguishable feature is her tall/stocky build, as well as her defined masculine features. Despite her very intimidating outer appearance, she is definitely a sweetheart once she gets to know the people she’s around. When she’s comfortable around the people she’s with, she tends to get a bit motherly, excessively worrying about others safety and trying to ‘herd’ them in the right direction. With criminals or random citizens, she can be a bit cold or untrusting, contradicting her typical behavior. Though she may not trust your everyday citizen, she remains professional, mature, and sympathetic depending on the situation she is in.

How does your character act in a professional/casual situation?

In professional situations she is a lot quieter, keeping her ears open to ensure she retains any information she needs. Whether in a position of power or if she’s in a new position, she always makes sure to listen. If she is giving instructions, she is very cut and dry, directing others clearly and efficiently. In a casual situation, she is either extremely social or a bit quiet. If she knows a couple people at the event, she’ll definitely float around and make sure she has a chance to spend time with her friends and co-workers. If she sees anyone left out, she tries to make it a point to start a conversation or try to include them in some way. On the off chance she doesn’t know anyone, she stays a lot quieter during events, still talking to a few people but mostly keeping to herself.

What is their outlook on the idea of co-workers & teamwork?

Ayvin has a very optimistic view on the idea of co-workers and team work. Though she realizes she may not be able to get along with everyone on the job, she recognizes the importance of team-work and clear communication in the workplace. Personal feelings should be left at home in a high risk job such as police work. Of course, co-workers should get along and occasionally cut up, but it shouldn’t get in the way of doing your job. To sum it up, she believes that teamwork is the utmost important when it comes to working effectively, which thus gives her a good outlook on her coworkers.

Do you see yourself as a leader or a follower? Why?

Choosing between the two, Ayvin leans a bit more towards a leadership role. She can still function as a follower, taking orders and commands as given, but she specializes in leading others. Ayvin works very well under pressure, she is able to visualize what is needed for the given scenario and use that intel to dispatch others. Ayvin is also very social, so she is able to communicate everything she needs clearly and efficiently. She does not hesitate when it comes to high adrenaline situations and a decision needs to be made with haste.

BACKSTORY (100+ words)
[Note - some of my character backstory does occur in Karakura since she has been around for about an OOC year!]

Ayvin U. Kaldwin was originally born in Russia. She had a very normal upbringing, though she did have an abnormal amount of siblings [9 in total], which ultimately led her family into poverty. Because of this, she was often found taking care of her siblings or working small odd jobs to bring in some cash. When ends couldn’t be made, she began resorting to pretty crimes [stealing candy bars, pickpocketing, etc]. One day while attempting to swipe an older man's wallet, she was caught red handed. However, the old man in question was a lot more understanding than expected, and was actually close friends with her mother. Instead of turning her in to her parents or any authorities, he offered her a small time job cleaning up his home and other odd things that needed to be done around the. She gladly accepted, returning home to tell her mother about the job. Skipping forward a bit past some unnecessary details, Ayvin worked under Krill Turgenev for two years, making friends with his wife Lorena during her stay. Lorena was a former private investigator, and often told stories of her job while Ayvin cleaned the house. This was what initially sparked Ayvin’s interest in law, though unfortunately there didn’t seem to be much hope of getting a good education unless she received a scholarship. Even so, she continued working hard in school and eventually picking up a part-time job at a local restaurant. Though she was busy, she still made time to visit Krill and Lorena, helping clean their house and perform other duties they could no longer complete themselves. When it was approaching the time for Ayvin to start her first year of highschool, Krill and Lorena surprised her with an opportunity that would completely change her life. They didn’t have any children themselves, so they offered Ayvin a portion of their savings to transfer to any school she might like, though they did lean towards sending her to Japan. Ayvin ecstatically took up on the offer, promising to send them letters all about her stay in Japan. Though her mother disagreed with Ayvin leaving somewhere so far, her father decided to let her go. With a tearful goodbye to her nine siblings and parents, she departed for Japan a couple months later, touching down in Karakura. Not knowing anyone in the city, Ayvin mostly kept to herself, moving into her apartment and starting her classes. After a couple months, an odd kid around her age named Karito Nevio started to hang around. The two eventually became good friends, attending classes together and hanging out after school. They didn’t spend much time with others, as they didn’t understand the culture just yet. Karito and Ayvin got into a lot of trouble for some small crimes, which is how they ended up meeting Judah Theodore, another shy kid new to Japan. He joined their little group, and from there the trio continued causing minor amounts of trouble, picking up a few friends along the way. After getting thrown into the middle of a gang situation, Ayvin decided she needed a change of pace. She was getting distracted from her education and career path, so she decided to take her education to Korea. Karito and Judah followed alongside her, all of them leaving Japan and touching down in Korea! From there, Ayvin continued her education. She reunited with a few family members, her sister Sai Ryn and her brother Akio. After a nice family reunion, she found out she had a lot more family than she had originally started with. She now had a nephew named Takida, a niece named Mae, and several other new family members. Ayvin spent about two decades in Korea, catching up with her family, keeping her nieces and nephews out of trouble, continuing her education, and starting a job at a local PD. She eventually got married and had two kids, Damon and Kal. Once they had grown up, she decided it was time to move back to Japan and take her family with her. Judah, Damon, Kal, and a few others flew back with her. Little thing to mention, she never forgot to send notes back to Krill and Lorena, though both passed before she made it into the police department. She also writes to her remaining family members in Russia.

SECTION 2: GENERAL KNOWLEDGE

Can you legally own a pocket knife in Karakura?

No, it is considered minor illegal weaponry.

Name 5 medical items that do NOT require a prescription

Paracetamol, Birth control, Canes, Bandaids, and Eye patches

If you see your co-workers physically abusing an inmate, what should you do?

I would double check to make sure what I was seeing was actually happening, then I would immediately take it to an on duty higher up. Assuming I am in a lower position of power, it is not my place to handle wrongdoings in the workplace, so I would be obligated to report it.

What should you do if you see your co-worker being assaulted?

Initially, I would do my best to de-escalate the situation with minimum force. I would ask the person to stop, pulling them away from my co-worker. If they continued to be aggressive with me, I would do my best to get them on the ground and into handcuffs. I would only escalate force and deploy a taser or take out my button if it was absolutely necessary.

What do you do if you find out that your co-worker is corrupt and is helping criminal organizations?

I would gather any evidence I could, bringing it immediately to someone higher ranking than me. If I couldn’t gather any evidence on the spot, I would still make it my first priority to contact a higher up. It is not my job to snoop around and get more evidence, it needs to be brought to someone higher up immediately [preferably without alerting the person aiding in a criminal organization].

How would you react to a criminal trying to bribe you?

That wouldn’t go very well for them. Even if the said criminal had something I wanted or something to use against me, I would not accept the offer. If I found out they were a part of a gang or affiliated with any other crimes, I would have them arrested as w​

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
DENIED
Thank you for applying for KPD. Unfortunately, the higher-up team and I
have decided to deny this application. Most times it is simply due to the fact that
there are more suitable applicants, so feel free to give it another shot on the next cadet wave!​

Users who are viewing this thread