Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IGN (In-Game Name):

Trailmixpeanut

Discord Name & Tag:

Peanut#4270

Previous bans:

None

Describe your activity on the server:

I am highly active on SRP, more than the original time I applied. I come on at least twice a day, a total of four hours or more each. Since I’ve figured out my college schedule, it has been a lot easier for me to get on and dedicate time to the faction I am already in [EMS]. I am available to be just as active for KPD.

Which timezone are you in?

CST

List your current and past IC/OOC faction applications:

https://schoolrp.net/threads/lemons-ems-worker-application-my-main-account-is-peanut.50873/ [Accepted]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/peanuts-kpd-application-police-officer.53237/ [Denied]

What is your motivation for applying?:

I have a number of reasons I would like to join the PD, which have been greatly expanded after joining EMS and getting a better look at how the department runs. My original motive stays the same, I have role played as an officer on a few other servers and each time I have enjoyed the role play that accompanied joining the law enforcement faction. I recognize that KPD will be a different system than the ones I have previously worked under, and I am excited to see and work under a faction so heavily developed [if I were to be accepted]. I am genuinely interested in the faction and I intend to learn new things while understanding how to role play properly as law enforcement. One of my newer reasons that I am interested in joining the faction is because of the experiences I have had occasionally working alongside the PD as EMS. As I have begun interacting with officers, I have learned a lot more about the functions and equipment of the PD, all of which I know I would enjoy learning further and participating in. I also recognize that I am able to communicate and work properly with the officers I have already spoken with, so I know if allowed to join my team work and communication would fit well with the current PD members. I think another one of the bigger reasons I would like to join is because I know I am capable and available to participate in the faction. I have excellent communication skills, I work well under pressure, and I am willing to learn anything I need to be taught. I am also available most hours of the day, so I could join for any training, broadcasts, or anything I am needed for. I will provide an active and reliable member of the team. My last reason for joining is because I realize how important this faction is in order for the server to run smoothly. As mentioned below in my answer to one of the later questions, without law enforcement, the server could easily turn to a state of chaos. Criminals would run rampant, terrorizing others who would like to peacefully role play and failing to FearRP any authority. With law enforcement around, more appropriate and realistic CriminalRP and FearRP is encouraged. Also, I am just excited to work alongside and get to know other faction members while providing some fun RP.

What knowledge do you have of Police Work?

I have a good amount of knowledge of police work, both icly and oocly. I have been an officer in two other servers, and I was originally trained by an old KPD officer. I spent a couple months rping as an officer on those, and I learned a lot about the general system during that time. As for SRP, I have picked up some knowledge on the PD system from other officers, observing how officers function, and from reading any publicly available documents. Below I will list some of the roles, equipment, and functions I have learned about for SRP’s PD system.

[Roles]

Cadet:
Cadets are the starting rank in PD, which is given once an application is accepted. Cadets are expected to attend training in order to acquire knowledge about the physical and informational sections in the PD. They are heavily monitored by higher up officers until they have taken their assessment and have either passed or failed. Cadets mostly do desk work and check CCTV.

Patrol Officer:
Patrol officer is the rank given to cadets upon passing examination. PO's are allowed to patrol, conduct pat downs, make arrests, etc. in order to meet the amount of quotas required for the month. These are still considered one of the lower ranking officers on the hierarchy.

Corporal:
Police corporals are the rank given after Patrol Officer, they receive new equipment [Police bike, crowbar, pepper spray] and are allowed to train cadets [choosing whether they would like to train info or physical]. Can perform the same duties as a patrol officer.

Sergeant:
The rank received after Corporal, they are basically baby higher ups. These officers are expected to lead and supervise lower ranks, training cadets and acting as a sort of mentor. They also have access to rent a glock-17 when in the middle of a high risk situation.

Lieutenant:
One of the highest ranking members of the main division [Can only have 3 at a time]. Lieutenants are expected to look after their subordinates, making sure they are following the proper protocols while also keeping an eye on the informational and physical training. Lt's ALWAYS have access to a glock-17 and can rent a police car. They can also perform administrative duties alongside the higher ranks and act as a negotiator in hostage situations [if the captain or commissioner are not around].

[Higher up division]

Captain:
The highest rank you can reach in the main division. Supervises every aspect of the PD, including training, quotas, managing lower ranks, administering roster warnings, etc. Have access to the same equipment as LT, but can perform higher task administrative duties.

Commissioner:
Head of the PD faction, handles promotions, payments, checking applications, quotas, roster warning, etc. The commissioner can handle any and all higher ranking duties, and can also create or change rules within the faction itself. The top of the police department hierarchy.

[Detective Division]

Constable:

The very bottom of the detective hierarchy, basically a detective cadet. Constables receive training in order to be introduced to detective work, and they must later pass an exam to continue ranking in this division.

Inspector:
The next rank after being promoted from constable. Inspectors can now deal with ongoing investigations, supervise their subordinates, ask for a warrant, rent a police cruiser and carry around a glock-17.

Chief Inspector:
The rank given after inspector, a higher up in the detective division with similar administrative duties to a lieutenant in the main division.

Detective Superintendent:
The rank given after chief inspector, and the highest rank in the detective hierarchy. This rank is equivalent to the captains in the main division, performing similar duties.

[Duties/functions]

Patrol:

One of the main functions of the police department. Officers [PO and above] regularly patrol certain parts of town in order to spot any unreported/currently active crime. On patrols, officers may stop individuals who are masked or acting suspiciously to pat them down.

Arrests:
Another one of the main functions of the police department. If a player is found guilty of a crime, officers may be arrested, placed in a cell, and charged according to the crime committed. Once a player is arrested, their information is placed in a criminal database, and their mug shot is taken.

Desk work:
One of the less intense functions of the police department, often worked by cadets. Officers stay at the station and behind the desk, answering questions, taking reports, handling bails, etc.

CCTV:
A means of surveillance for the police department. Cameras are scattered throughout Karakura and can be accessed by officers who sit in the CCTV room and act out checking them. There is no official plugin for CCTV, so an officer would have to ask a staff member in /help to act as CCTV.

[Equipment]

Baton:

A lesser means of force to subdue a resisting criminal. Can knock out a player in 2 hits, but is also muggable by hand. Part of the standard equipment used by every officer.

Taser:
Used as a means for force to stop an evading criminal. Can be used without an action and completely stuns players for 1 OOC minute. This item is part of the standard equipment given to officers, and has a 7 block range.

Handcuffs:
Part of the standard equipment given to every officer, used to arrest individuals found guilty of a crime. Can only be used from behind an individual, and allows you to teleport them to the cells to further charge them.

Radio:
Part of the standard equipment provided to officers. Allows easy communication between department members.

Body camera:
Standard equipment given to every officer, records their current location and can be accessed via camera room.

Breathalyzer:
Equipment provided to officers in order to determine a player's drunk percentage.

Badge:
An item given to every officer serves to identify an officer to their coworkers and to the citizens of Karakura.

First aid kit:
Though medical treatment is often left to EMS, officers may use a first aid kit in order to add 5 OOC minutes to any bleed out timer.

Riot gear:
A piece of gear used in high risk crimes in order to protect the officer and their identity.

Crowbar:
An item given to an officer once promoted to corporal. Serves to aid officers in apartment raids by opening doors and chests.

Pepper spray:
An item provided once promoted to corporal within the department. Pepper spray temporarily blinds a criminal in order to make them easier to subdue.

Police bike:
A vehicle that becomes available to officers ranked corporal and above. Used to easily travel around the map for officers to confront a crime.

Glock-17:
A weapon only possessed by higher up officers [Sgt+]. Glock-17’s are used as an extreme means of force to stop a criminal, typically only in use during high-risk situations. Range is about 30 blocks.

Police cruiser:
A vehicle that only higher up officers may rent. The same as a bike, but can carry more officers.

Why is Police important to SchoolRP?
There are a few reasons police are important to the server, though first and foremost is to prevent a state of total anarchy. Without law enforcement, criminals would remain unchecked, running rampant around the city terrorizing citizens, taking over turfs [power plant, bowling alley, etc], breaking an entering, rioting, all without being stopped. As already seen when officers are not online and tab is metad, players take the opportunity to openly run around with weapons, increasing their overall gang activity and doing things they otherwise would not if law enforcement was around. While this state of chaos can be fun during certain events, it can very quickly become a disturbance to those trying to enjoy some peaceful role play. When officers are present on the server, players are more likely to FearRp as intended, thus keeping the server in a more peaceful state. Though GangRP and CriminalRP still occur when officers are on, it is to a much lesser and more realistic scale, which makes the server a better experience for the community. It is also important to mention that the faction provides ample opportunities for role play among its members and the citizens of Karakura. Players seem to like interacting with authority figures, which the police department can provide interesting role play for when they are on and off the job.

Do you acknowledge that you're subject to being demoted if accepted at any given time?

I acknowledge and accept this.

Do you acknowledge that by applying for this role, you are agreeing to be 100% dedicated to the Police Officer role?

I acknowledge this, and I fully intend to dedicate myself to the faction.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are needed to attend or you will be punished?

I acknowledge this and plan on attending every training session.

In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: CHARACTER INFORMATION

Character's Full Name:

Kal Araus Tanoshi

Character's age (if accepted):

Character's gender & pronouns:

Male, he/him

Character's Academic Background
(Grade-12/Bachelors/Masters/PhD):

Bachelors in criminal justice, Minor in forensic science

What languages are you proficient in besides Japanese?

Latin/French

Describe your character; how they look, what makes them unique?

Kal is an average sized male [5’11], with blue eyes and dark hair. There are a couple things that make him unique, though I’ll start with physically. Kal’s hair is a very dark brown, though there are some purple undertones that suggest his hair was once dyed. He constantly wears dark brown eye contacts, and it is noted that he is an identical twin to my other character Damon, though they never speak to each other. Personality wise, Kal is a bit of a wild card. He’s very serious on duty, to the point he can be very blunt or come off as rude/cold. Off duty, he is almost the exact same, though he is a lot more relaxed and bearable to be around. He mostly keeps to himself, as he’s not very sociable, though it's possible he could make a small number of friends outside of his family. The only other notable thing about Kal is his large family, who he can be seen hanging around off duty.

How does your character act in a professional/casual situation?

Professionally, Kal is a very serious and prominent personality. He is outspoken on what he thinks is the right call, though he will remain in line with his superiors. On the job he is not likely to show very many emotions, as he believes emotions should be left at home when you are working in order to keep from clouding your judgment. This can make him come off as a bit callous, though that isn’t necessarily the case. Off duty he is still very serious, but he allows himself to be a lot more sympathetic and understanding. That being said, he is also somewhat of a family man, even if he has existing tension between his brother and mom. He takes the initiative to talk to his cousins, uncles, aunts, and other relatives, but doesn't talk to many others.

What is their outlook on the idea of co-workers & teamwork?

Kal knows the effectiveness of good teamwork with co-workers, so he values keeping at least a decent relationship with them. He recognizes that in such a high risk job he will need to rely on others to watch his back, as well as making sure he has theirs as well. Even though he isn’t very social, he does try to get to know his co-workers and figure out an effective way to communicate and work alongside them. He will most likely not interact with a lot of them outside of work, though, just to avoid any personal drama that could later conflict with his duties.

Do you see yourself as a leader or a follower? Why?

Kal is definitely a leader. As a subordinate, he would take orders from who he is supposed to, though he might sometimes question certain judgements made by his own higher ups. In a position of power, Kal would take it very seriously, keeping an eye on anyone underneath him to make sure they are following proper protocol. He is very good under pressure, able to give out clear commands without any clouded judgment and in proper time.

BACKSTORY (100+ words)

Early life:
Kal Araous Tanoshi is a Half-Russian Half-Korean man born to a small family of four in Korea. His family consisted of his mother Ayvin Kaldwin, his father Tetsuki Kaldwin, and his twin brother, Damon Kaldwin. The first twelve years of Kal’s life were mostly average. He spent a lot of time with his father, Tetsuki, where he picked up his love for knowledge. Tetsuki was a doctor at one of the nearby hospitals, and he often brought Kal to work. Though Kal couldn’t do much, he would read some of the books in his fathers office or talk to some of the nurses who came inside. When Kal’s father wasn’t working, they would go to baseball games, theme parks, and lots of other fun places. Since Kal was still young, his father wouldn’t be too strict about school or any sports, instead trying to get his son to enjoy learning and try to help him find his aspiration. A portion of his childhood, Kal also spent time with his twin brother. Damon was always with their mother, but the two boys would play video games or help each other study while they were at home. Though not influenced by their father, Damon shared a love for knowledge with Kal. They both decided they wanted to work at the local hospital, though because they were still young, neither of them moved forward with anything just yet.

Teenage life:
At around 13-14 years old, Kal’s father very suddenly disappeared, not returning from work one night. An investigation ensued after their mother filed a missing persons report, though no evidence could be found. Oddly enough, though, their mother didn’t seem all too shocked or upset. Kal was quick to take notice of this, though Damon assured him their mother was probably just grieving in her own way. In his fathers absence, Kal began spending a lot more time with his brother. They both took their father’s disappearance as motivation to move forward and fulfill their dreams. Spending most of their time at school or at home studying, they rapidly began moving closer to finishing their education with top grades. For the next 4 years, the two poured their hearts out into studying, though sometimes they would go out into town just to relax, occasionally going to baseball games or going to work with their mother. Though Kal was already a recluse, it began much worse when it was brought to light by investigators that their mother was involved in their father’s disappearance. At 18 years old, it was confirmed to Kal that his father had long passed. He was completely devastated, withdrawing even from his own brother. It was made even more confusing when the court case began to ensue, as Kal was already sure his mother was guilty. Damon and Kal were asked to testify about the events leading up to their fathers death. Kal testified as honestly as he could, trying to have his mother charged, but his brother actually testified on his mothers side. It was decided in court that their father was actually killed in self defense, and that he had been killed to protect both Ayvin and her boys [which Kal knew was false]. After the trial, Kal raced home, picking up his stuff and leaving without a word.

Later life:
Kal moved in with his distant cousin Simon, someone he knew where Ayvin and Damon wouldn’t think to look. Abandoning his dream to become a doctor, Kal began taking self defense classes to relieve stress. One of his teachers, taking notice of Kal’s natural fighting abilities, suggested he find a career in law enforcement. Kal very quickly enrolled in a cadet program, where he was toughened up, emotionally and physically, while also finding a new goal. It wasn’t the most difficult work getting into law enforcement, but Kal took some time to emotionally stabilize himself. He actually went to therapy to learn to control any anger he had, and once he deemed himself fit he officially took a job for a police department in Korea. At 20 years old, Kal was beginning his career and had his life together. However, he was still very lonely, and didn’t have many friends or family to talk to. He had completely isolated himself from anyone but Simon and Simon’s parents. Simon had moved to Japan right before Kal got his job, and Kal was forced to get an apartment, which he lived in alone. Deciding it was time to rekindle some family bonds, Kal went through a list of his contacts, going as far as to pull some records and see where some of his cousins had ended up. Some of the cousins he had helped raise, Takida, Cascias, and Yui, had all moved to Japan. Without a number to contact them with, Kal decided he would put in a request to transfer to a PD in Japan. From there, he planned to find his cousins, possibly getting to know them again and catch up - worse comes to worse, he could always make some new friends at the department or around the city. Currently, he is waiting to see if his transfer will be accepted.

SECTION 2: GENERAL KNOWLEDGE

Can you legally own a pocket knife in Karakura?

No, it is considered minor illegal weaponry.

Name 5 medical items that do NOT require a prescription

Paracetamol, Birth control, Canes, Bandaids, and Eye patches

If you see your co-workers physically abusing an inmate, what should you do?

If I witnessed a co-worker abusing an inmate, I would first and foremost do what I needed to stop them. I would then report it to a higher up, as I am not qualified to issue punishments. If I could not stop them from attacking the inmate, I would have another coworker help me pull them off and then I would report it to a higher up.

What should you do if you see your co-worker being assaulted?

If one of my coworkers was being assaulted, I will use whatever force necessary to pull off the assailant. I would arrest the person for assault on a government official, then check to make sure my co worker was okay before I headed back to issue any sentences.

What do you do if you find out that your co-worker is corrupt and is helping criminal organizations?

I would make sure I had clear evidence of my co-worker aiding a criminal organization - once I had my evidence put together I would bring it to a higher up and let them handle it from there.

How would you react to a criminal trying to bribe you?

I would give them a verbal warning at first, but if they continued trying to bribe me I would arrest them, as bribery is a crime.​

Yonio

Level 327
Senior Admin
Police Lead
Media Coordinator
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
DENIED
Thank you for applying for KPD. Unfortunately, the higher-up team and I
have decided to deny this application. Most times it is simply due to the fact that
there are more suitable applicants, so feel free to give it another shot on the next cadet wave!​

Users who are viewing this thread