PENDING | Hiding or blocking players suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonBon

Level 2
IGN: EMS99_

DATE: 20/06/2020

WHAT YOU NEED TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

So, I recently thought of an idea as there's sometimes a lot of harassment oocly with people at times in /looc or even in /ooc, I think there should be a plugin for people to do /block or /hide a certain player over certain situations like constantly spamming or harassing someone. If it were to hide you from the player and the player from you, not being able to see their messages and them not being able to see yours so it wouldn't seem you are ignoring them but to make it seem you aren't actually there. Sometimes staff aren't there or staff might not want to deal with the toxicity which can be fine! but I think this plugin would be beneficial for everyone in the server as sometimes there's always that one person who continues an argument when they shouldn't with a rule in place with not blocking staff of course or blocking people during staff trying to solve the situation that is. It would be useful as well if it had a list of whom you've blocked so you can do /unblock or /unhide if needed or even if you request for someone to be hidden for you with proof provided to the staff, which could also be an idea! but this is only a suggestion! Thanks for reading it.

Last edited:

Unshared

Level 9
The suggestion is great, I understand that staff may get busy with some other situations and not be able to deal with toxicity in /looc.
Instead, for toxicity in /looc or ooc. You can report that to staff members like me, like sending screenshots to my DMs. I would be more than welcomed to make the server a greater place. The command may get abused by people in some situations. Or maybe the server can develop a plugin and allow staff members to use that command for players being harassed.

For the /hide suggestion, it could be abused for many situations. Leading to AvoidRP.

But this is only my idea about this, feel free to add more suggestions or any counter comments about my ideas.

Rimmybaud

Level 13
I really like the thought of it, but there are two problems:

Firstly, it can be used to AvoidRP when there needs to be a discussion regarding roleplay. Like imagine if you get perms or KPD are about to arrest someone, they can easily block you and mingerun. While staff can confront them later, the person can just make up an excuse as to why they had you blocked and pretend they didn't know to come back, and there isn't really a way to prove otherwise. Or they could just block the staff member. While you and Unshared suggested the option of only staff being able to enable it for genuinely good reasons, it can still be abused and there's another issue which leads to my second point...

Stalkers can get really creative, and having that plugin won't really stop them. It's like blocking someone on discord, some people might just drop it and leave you alone; others will just make alt accounts to harass you, or get their friends to contact you. Sure, you can block their friends or alts, but if the other person is absolutely insane, you might have to end up blocking them like 3281576 times and eventually it gets tiring and you just give up. They can also talk OOCly in IC chat, or could drop you a notebook.

Although staff can punish the offender for bypassing the block plugin or for abusing it, it's still going to be an emotionally draining shitshow that you wouldn't want to get into in the first place. If someone's just toxic they shouldn't still be able to play on this server. If there's petty drama between players, well all you can do is just ignore them like you would in real life.

NukaRndz

Level 53
IGN: EMS99_

DATE: 20/06/2020

WHAT YOU NEED TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

So, I recently thought of an idea as there's sometimes a lot of harassment oocly with people at times in /looc or even in /ooc, I think there should be a plugin for people to do /block or /hide a certain player over certain situations like constantly spamming or harassing someone. If it were to hide you from the player and the player from you, not being able to see their messages and them not being able to see yours so it wouldn't seem you are ignoring them but to make it seem you aren't actually there. Sometimes staff aren't there or staff might not want to deal with the toxicity which can be fine! but I think this plugin would be beneficial for everyone in the server as sometimes there's always that one person who continues an argument when they shouldn't with a rule in place with not blocking staff of course or blocking people during staff trying to solve the situation that is. It would be useful as well if it had a list of whom you've blocked so you can do /unblock or /unhide if needed or even if you request for someone to be hidden for you with proof provided to the staff, which could also be an idea! but this is only a suggestion! Thanks for reading it.
I agree that this could be a good idea, HOWEVER A plugin like this would be very flawed twords the world of AvoidRp as even if someone you dislike oocly role plays with you, you cant just walk away from the situation.

Nekomeda

Level 6
I think that it should also block the player's character somehow around you, so they are completely invisible to you. However if there is a situation where that player is present it might look like other players are talking to a ghost. Overall it is a good idea though.

Im6

Level 184
PENDING

- This will be discussed at the next staff meeting before a response is then given to you shortly after. Thanks for the suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread