PENDING | Karakura Skatepark

Status
Not open for further replies.

NukaRndz

Level 53
IGN: NukaRndz
DATE: 6/22/20
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
As talk of map changes becomes a common thing, and as we aim to make the environment more well, unique and role play friendly, I believe that a skate park would be an interesting spot to add. This comes down to the three main points Id like to make as to WHY a skate-park would be a good idea.

Reason No.1
The role play experience. As skate-bored are a custom item now that is buyable, I think it'd be quite intresting to see people role-play out skateboarding and taking it up as a character hobbie that can actually be used in a role-play situation. It would be nice to see someone roleplay something out for a change rather than having a mechanic that would make them like cars, it would be all emote based and I feel as if that encourages roleplay.

Reason No.2
Skate parks aren't unheard of in japan, it couldn't be claimed as a "American Thing." The thing is this would actually encourage things to be more Japanese this being because you don't regularly see people in japan skating along the side of the roads, and rather they're find training and skating in the skate parks. I have proof to back this point aswell; https://www.liveabout.com/skateboarding-in-japan-3002044#:~:text=Skating on the Rise,not even on the list.

Reason No.3
Although the idea has some downfall it will either go one of two ways, itll either become a popular hangout spot, or itll quickly die and get left to be changed, which isnt nessicarly an overly terrible thing, so why not give it a try?

[IMAGES IF ANY]
Talking with Lovely_Ocean, she suggested the use of this area screenshotted and mapped out below, I believe that this location can be one of two sizes either taking up the entire blue area, or taking the entire red area based on how big it can be made. The idea would be that its also placed in a commonly unused area, bringing more roleplay and attention to this section of the map.

Last edited:

Koolji

Level 21
i'd support this but do you think players will have the attention span to roleplay without any mechanics in place or are you picturing more of a hangout for people with board items

NukaRndz

Level 53
i'd support this but do you think players will have the attention span to roleplay without any mechanics in place or are you picturing more of a hangout for people with board items
The idea could go both ways- some players would likely just be there to hangout as a general location, but the ones who do have the attention span to actually roleplay it out would likely spend some time doing so, if someone has enough interest its not impossible to get the idea out, the issue is we need enough people to support the idea.

NukaRndz

Level 53
cool hangout spot, just see it going unused in 2 days like the bowling alley lol
See but thats the exact point I make when I say "It could go one of two ways" in my feedback, It wouldn't be hurtful to try it out, even if it results in it getting removed because people choose to not actively use it.

fentias

Level 14
I actually like this surprisingly, I think it would be a really nice hangout spot for rather 'edgy' characters within Karakura.

However, I can see people getting bored of detailing their actions there very quickly with the new skateboards, however as more of a space filler I think it'd make a great addition to the map! In addition to that, it'd create different roleplay scenarios and as you said - attract people over to that specific part of the map.

Rika

Level 70
rikayo
rikayo
Omega
I agree with this suggestion, but not the part regarding it being claimed as a specific hangout. Spartans have the Sorority/Frat building to be labeled as their own and categorizing it as certain sides hangout will just make it die out even quicker if anything. Even if closed off, they open it during parties and such as the bowling alley is now open only during certain opens now as well which is pretty equal with both sides. It could be an overall nice place, just not something that would attract everyone's character. I don't think it would really be used for roleplay, just more of somewhere to sit around at and converse. To mention, I do think this would easily die out within the matter of a few days besides 1-2 people there every then and there. It would be a good space filler for that area just to have, but if something with more purpose could be placed there it'd be best to go with that.

NukaRndz

Level 53
I actually like this surprisingly, I think it would be a really nice hangout spot for rather 'edgy' characters within Karakura.

However, I can see people getting bored of detailing their actions there very quickly with the new skateboards, however as more of a space filler I think it'd make a great addition to the map! In addition to that, it'd create different roleplay scenarios and as you said - attract people over to that specific part of the map.
I feel as if the common issue is alot of people on SRP dont "roleplay" as much and they rather just mess around and play with the plugins, so I see the biggest issue with this would be how quickly it would die as a place to roleplay, but I agree with the fact that it would attract more color and attention to the more boring areas of the map, and as previously stated, could just generally become another hangout areas just like the parks all around the spawn area.

Alcidies

Level 133
Alcidies
Alcidies
Rich
It should just be a public space for anyone to use, it shouldn't be 'owned' by anyone. The Spartans already have a lot of area's claimed to them. This should just remain public for anyone's use, not to exclude people from going to the location.

Although I'm not against having Bobcat or Spartan graffiti around. But it should not be to one certain Team or School

Im6

Level 184
PENDING

- This will be discussed at the next staff meeting before a response is then given to you shortly after. Thanks for the suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread