mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Denied Performance Arts Application

Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?:
TimaTestified (Note: I made this Account specially to be a teacher, my main account is Luer_Eivey)

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?): GamGam#4298

Do you have a microphone?: Yes

How old are you? (Optional): 20 (21 in August)

What is your time zone?: Est

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?: Yes

Describe your activity on the server: I play 5 out of 7 days a week.

Do you have any previous bans?: No

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:
https://schoolrp.net/threads/sign-jsl-language-application.45527/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/jsl-app.48263/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/korean-application.49386/

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level): 12th grade student

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:
Performance arts

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?: There isn't very many teachers. I feel like it would be a great opportunity and I want to try to be more involved with the server as a whole. I also would really like to be a performance arts teacher, I’d love to be able to help the new people on the server learn to roleplay through my class, so they can have some experience before doing it in the city.

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT & If your application is accepted, you may have to undergo teacher training?: Yes.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?: They are the logs I have to fill out as a teacher, so staff is aware of how much activity I have. And how often I am teaching classes.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?: Keep calm. Make sure the students understand what I am saying. Answer any questions even if they may be silly. Have the classes on time. Make sure my lessons are informative but also fun. Be engaged with the class.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?: I've had some serious rp, with characters getting hurt during gang combat. It involved having to take the person’s character to the hospital due to a head wound. I've done rp with the gardening club, going into heavy detail about taking care of the plants and picking up litter in the shopping district. I've also done heavy rp with the shine, learning the proper way to pray and all about the Kami.

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:
- HD
↳ Meaning:
Head of Department
↳ Description: Checks in with the other staff. Makes sure things are going smoothly.

- QT
↳ Meaning:
Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: A teacher who has gone through all the steps to become certified and teach on their own.

- NQT
↳ Meaning:
Newly Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: A teacher who has not gone through all the steps to become certified and teacher. They are still learning.

- UT
↳ Meaning:
Untrained Teacher
↳ Description: A brand new teacher. This is what everyone starts off at. They know very little or nothing of the job yet.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

Teachers in the SRP is what makes SRP. They make the server more inclusive and make it fun for people. In most cases peoples first experience with the server is hopping into a class. The teachers have a default salary of 350,000¥ for their required number of classes per month. Teachers are allowed to have a life outside of school as long as it doesn't interfere with their teachings or hurt students in any way. The whole purpose of a teacher is to help people learn, to welcome them into a scary environment, and to make sure things go smoothly. The whole reason to be a teacher is the want to help people, as well as helping people improve as a whole.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?: If there were no teachers there would be no School Rp.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?: The lesson planning system the school uses is "Mosco," which stands for "Must have, should have, Could have."

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does they look like? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is their personality like? What are their plan for the future?

Dirk Strider originally comes from a city background. He went to a high school that had a lot of gangs at the time and was in a pretty bad area. He graduated Highschool in 2008. After seeing how cops would treat people for minor crimes he decided to go to collage for serval years to be a lawyer. However later on he decided that it just wasn’t for him, He then decided to lean on his Fine arts degree more (the one his mother was more supportive of) and deciding to make it a teaching degree. He figured maybe if he could get at the kids while they were still young, he might be able to change their life's that way, before they'd ever need a lawyer.

He see's kids as the future, that they need to be heard and respected just as much as adults. That not every adult is right. That it’s important to learn from your mistakes and to try and correct them. Though kids might do some silly actions most of the time their ideas are really not aimed to hurt others.

He likes to get other teachers views on how to help troubled students. He will most often try to find the root of the issue if a teacher is complaining about a student. Behind every frustrated teacher is an even more frustrated student; who is probably confused and needs more help but doesn't know how to either ask for it or is embarrassed to ask for the extra help needed.

He tries to keep a calm demeanor always having a hint of sarcasm. If he ever speaks in a serious tone, you know it is actually serious. He tries to stay lighthearted and will literally give you the shirt off his back. He just wants to be able to help everyone no matter the circumstance. He's the type of person who if he found out a student wasn't eating, he'd pack an extra lunch just for them to have.

They plan on maybe finding someone to be in a relationship with, but that's not his main goal in life. His main goal in life is to help students, make sure no one is left behind, and honestly just wants to be the sunshine someone might just need that day. A smile for everyone. Though he can be very cringey. "Dabbing on haters" and doing "The T pose on them peeps" as he tries to make jokes with the kids he’ll even make it seem like he doesn't know the jokes or he does them horribly on purpose.

He is 6'3", blond and thin. Outside of school he can often be found in the woods just getting in some nature time. He can also often be found googing over anything with anime and puppets. He has a liking to one of his favorites in particular LiL'Cal. He is a huge nerd though he does try to hide it in school while teaching but it sometimes seeps threw. He tries to act cool, but he really has bad anxiety.

Scenarios
/*Do not mention use of FearRP*/

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:

Go up to them and tell them the school's rules on this behavior. If they continue to do so give them discipline. Start off small like Writing an essay for you, or making them clean your erasers for the chalk board. But if they continue or attempt to get violent give them a detention.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
Ask the class to settle down in a stern but polite way. If this does not work, try to get their attention by doing one of those rhythm clapping things.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:
He tries to be polite to the other staff, mostly keeps to himself, liking to engage and help the students mostly. He's the type of guy that if he drinks the last of the coffee in the pot, he'll start to brew a new one. At times he will sit at the table in the lounge planning out his lessons for the classes just so he can be able to do it somewhere else other than his desk.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me
I stand at the head of the class, watching the students scramble to there seats. Waiting for them to settle in for the long class lesson ahead. Once I felt that everyone has found the spot they'd like to be seating, id take a deep breath and with a loud but friendly tone great the class.
/me Id smirk looking around the class for willing volunteers, Id point out a few of the students, and gesture for them to join me on the acting stage. Id pace around them a moment looking them up and down before blurting out the topic they'd have to act out on the spot.
/me While the class was being noisy and chatting id take a slow sip of my coffee, it being a Monday morning id let the kids chat a little bit more then id normally allow, id then abruptly stand slamming my hands on the desk, with a big smile from ear to ear id say loudly. "Now that we've had some time for talking, lets get started for todays amazing lesson, with your guy's favorite teacher of course."
/me Id look around the room back and forth trying to find a kid who wasn't paying much attention, once finding one id call them up to the stage and have them do a small performance with me.

Backstory
While in school Dirk had an ok home life. After his father walked out his mom had to work 2 jobs just to fend for him and his little brother. Dirk would often try to protect Dave his younger sibling from the bullying. He almost got pulled into a gang in highschool. Leaning into it a little as a way to make money on the side. But after one of his friends got locked up for 15 years for 4 ounces of coke he was no longer interested. After graduating he went straight to college. He started to practice law and even got a small apprenticeship, while working under the lawyers he saw the niddy giddy of the real law world, it put a very bitter taste in his mouth. The way the lawyer talked to people. How some of the judges were bribed so easily like the whole thing was a joke, as if those peoples life's didnt really matter. He then focused his studies more on the fine arts. Something he did only to please his mother, as she didnt want him to become hard, like his father was before leaving. He was a good art student but really preferred theater. It was his passion. It was the thing that really drove him to do better strive for more. He still wanted to help people so he'd ask his college professor about how he could. The professor would recommend teaching. Well to do that he needed 2 minors that would co inside with it’s why he has physics and english as minors. He decided that through the arts he would try to teach kids lessons. Through plays, music, and the literature he'd base things off of. Dirks real goal is to help others, and kids are more influenced to be good people.

In-Character Information
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only):
Dirk Strider
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mr.Strider
Given Name(s): Dirk
Preferred Name: Epic Teacher

Age (Minimum is 27): 32
Religious Denomination: N/A
Marital Status: Not married

Nationality: American
Current Location: Japan

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience (# of years):

Academic Degree: Teaching Degree in Fine Arts
Year of Graduation: 2012
Major(s): Fine Arts, Law
Minors: English, Physics

Native Languages: English
Other Languages: Japanese

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?:
No

Extra
/*You may leave this blank*/

Additional notes about your application:
Do you have any questions?:

Last edited:

KimiNoUso

Level 337
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied

-
Your explanation for teacher roles and scenarios are far too short. You may re-apply with the same application once edited.

Users who are viewing this thread