safteaz
safteaz
Omega+
◦•●❤♡ • ● • ● • Out of Character ● • ● • ♡❤●•◦

What is your Minecraft username?:

safteaz

What is your time zone?:
PST / UTC/GMT -7

What is your Discord username? (eg @muffincats)
be.ellerinaz

Link all previous applications you made on the server:
Describe your activity on SchoolRP:
My activity on SRP is pretty frequent. I’m on SRP as often as I can for multiple hours a day. I’m usually on later in the day with a few exceptions. My days can be pretty full, so my activity ends up being late at night (in my time zone). My roleplay spans mostly around typical high school experiences. I don’t GangRP as it’s not my cup of tea. Overall, I’m friendly ICLY and OOCLY and like interacting with new faces! I’ve built (and am continuing to build) a positive reputation on the server as well.

Describe your roleplay experience with SchoolRP and other roleplay networks in general:
My experience with SchoolRP has been quite exciting and fun! There has always been something for me to look forward to and opportunities to take. I’ve experienced the highs and lows of my characters and have learned to build strong relationships. I’ve learned the “why?” in a character’s relationship; and why it’s important. Diving deep into how my character was feeling, SRP has allowed my characters to flourish and thrive in the height of tense emotion, or a positive light. I find that other roleplay servers haven’t provided me with this much satisfaction in the emotional development category. I’ve always been invested in a character’s story rather than the quest. SRP allows me to dive deep into the story and development of relationships without worrying about a quest.

What are your current roles on SchoolRP:

[High School] 18, Maiya A. Byrne [safteaz]
Language Permissions: Italian, French, JSL
* Character Applying with. Character retconned from the prior build. *

[High School] 18, Makoto Munakata [safteaz]

Language Permissions: JSL, French, Italian
[ ACTIVE ]

[High School] 18, Valérie N. L. Dawson [safteaz]
Language Permissions: French, JSL
[ ACTIVE ]

[High School] 18, Embeth ‘Em’ Moore [safteaz]
Language Permissions: French
[ INACTIVE ]

What is the subject you want to teach?:
Performing Arts mainly, alternatively Theatre

◦•●❤♡ • ● • ● • Trivia ● • ● • ♡❤●•◦

What is your motivation for becoming a professor?:

My motivation for becoming a professor is to challenge myself to new challenges and experiences. As a result of my knowledge and experience of high school characters, I wish to go further. Creating a safe space for the arts to be performed and expressed, improving students’ skills, and sharing the love and passion held within the art form are other goals of mine. It is important to me to expand my palette and how I roleplay. By doing so, I am able to create a larger craft, delve deeper into new emotions, and gain new experiences.

Work out two interactive classes you will host if accepted:

1. MINIATURE MODELS (ITEMRP & DETAILRP): In the miniature models class we will explore the tech elements required to make a show run smoothly. The main task is to create a miniature set of any chosen piece of theatre (preferably live theatre/stage productions) and replicate a set scene from the show. Students will receive all the craft tools necessary to complete this project. In creating their set designs, they will have complete creative freedom. They will also be provided a worksheet to explain their light concept and any sound cues they’d want in this scene. Students will explain to me why they put things in certain places and how effective it is to enhance the story being told. The lesson can be preceded by a few lessons on technology basics. Backstage materials, props, costumes, sound programming, and light design are all being taught to them. These sorts of lessons can help students better prepare for the latter project.

2. ACTORS’ SUMMIT (DETAILRP): Actors’ Summit will be an acting lesson. I will dedicate this lesson to applying the elements of C.R.O.W.E* and understanding the depth of its importance. A series of improvised scenes will be created for this project. All of these are connected together in order to create relatable characters for the audience. Actors will then create a climax scene with a tense emotion in order to explore high-emotional situations. When everything is on the line and at stake, we will observe how the characters interact with each other. Specifically, how they either complement or contrast each other’s wants. The actors performing the scenes will evaluate their thoughts and feelings after they have finished the scenes. Students outside the performance will share their reflections. Finally, we’ll explore the importance of the emotional, physical, and mental state of the characters. Prior lessons will have lectures covering the basics of C.R.O.W.E* and studying at its surface level.

C.R.O.W.E: Character, Relationships, Objective, Where?, Emotion *

Work out a field trip (meaning a class outside school grounds) you will host if accepted:
“THE STAGE IS YOUR OYSTER”: In this field trip, students will in small groups explore the town of Karakura and take it as “their oyster.” They will find a spot around town and, with their group, create an improvised scene with the world around them. Students will have to be creative and start with no asked-for suggestions, using their environment as their instruction instead. They will incorporate elements of C.R.O.W.E. in their acting; scenes will be no longer than 5 minutes each. This lesson allows students to be creative and think outside of the box from what typically happens. Maybe they find a picnic spot at the beach and choose to be pirates searching for gold. Or maybe they find a nice coffee shop. What’s the twist? The group decides to be cave dwellers who are learning about modern technology for the first time! The world is their oyster, and I’d love for them to be as creative as they wish with what they have around them. This encourages their "thinking on the feet" e effectively with their problem-solving/evaluating skills as they will fix a boring scene by making it entertaining for themselves and their peers to watch.

◦•●❤♡ • ● • ● • Scenarios ● • ● • ♡❤●•◦

Your character would encounter a group of college jocks surrounding a bobcat jock, what would your character do?

Mrs. Byrne would stumble on the surrounding group and approach them with a gentle and calm voice. “Students, may I ask what the matter is here?”

She would gather both sides of the “conflict” and listen intently to both. A physical gap between the High School jock and the College jocks would be made in order to decrease the likelihood of a fight or some sort of physical altercation occurring. The high schooler would be let go with gentle reassurance while the college students would have a civil conversation.

“I will give you one last chance to calmly explain to me the real reason why you were surrounding that student. You do realize you all are setting an example for those younger than you, correct? What will they think when they see you toying with those younger?" Maiya would let out a disappointed sigh. She'd pull out a pen and yellow slips with "DETENTION" written at the top as she continued, "Comply and I will let you off with a warning and a word with your respective coach. Should you not comply, it’s detention for all of you and a heavier word with your respective coach.”

Depending on the answer they give, Maiya would give the respective outcome based on her words. Their behaviors were unacceptable no matter what, and their coach would be made aware of the quite disappointing example they were setting for other College students at this school.
Your character would be supervising detention, and one of the students constantly disturbs by asking stupid questions, what would your character do?
Maiya would fiddle with her ring as she let out a small sigh. Questions a student may have were never “stupid” in her mind. . but a few happened to baffle and surprise her.

“I see you seem distracted... if I may ask, could you please continue your work in silence from here on? If any relevant questions arise, feel free to ask them. Otherwise, I’d like you to be less disruptive during this time.”

She’d continue with her supervision and observe, being sure to keep the distractive students in check by monitoring them much closer than other students. Should the student not comply, a civil discussion will be held with them after detention is let out (a brief discussion that is) on their behavior and how they plan on changing it next time around.
Your character would be hosting a class, and a group of cheerleaders keeps on playing songs on the phone and calling out other students in the class, what would your character do?
Mrs. Byrne would sigh as she paused her lesson and frowned at the cheerleaders’ antics. In a calm manner, she’d ask, May I ask you to please turn your phones off and keep your remarks to yourself? Others are trying to learn and grow... it’s quite rude of you to be interrupting as such.”

Maiya would continue the lesson as planned UNLESS the cheerleaders continue their disruptive behavior. Noticing their behavior continue, she’d pull out a nicely decorated box with a sign at the front of it, “PHONES.” Reluctant to use this action, she’d approach the group and ask for their phones. (ITEMRP taking the phones. They'd simply turn the phones off and tuck it away in their inventory.)

“You will get your phones at the end of class, alongside a detention slip for your poor example in my class. Continue this behavior and that’s the consequence you’ll face. Stop it right now and I’ll allow you to keep your phones and be let off with a warning... but you’ll have a task to perform for me.”

If they complied: Maiya would return the empty box and explain the new assignment to them! She’d have them all on the stage and explain the new improv scene they must perform. The twist? Selected students behaving in the class prior may one at a time yell a twist event to their characters and they’d have to justify and make sense of the new event. It wasn’t meant to be harsh but to challenge their attentiveness to her lesson and see how they’d react by acting on the spot.

If they did not comply: Maiya would have possession over all their cellular devices till the end of the period. They'd be tasked with the same performance assignment.

As the period ended Maiya would hold the accountable students and have a civil conversation with them, trying to reason and understand their motive to do such actions. Should they give a reasonable and respectable answer, their warning will be let off, but a word to their cheer coach would be set in place no matter what. What was told to their coach depended on how their reasons held up.
Your character would be walking on the school perimeter and encounter a fight between a couple of students, your character tried to break it up but it didn't help, what would your character do?
Maiya Byrne strolled upon a fight and immediately attempted to break up said fight. With her strength not being as strong or capable of fending off the students, she’d radio for backup.

Raising her voice for the first time, she’d yell, ENOUGH. ALL STUDENTS NOT INVOLVED BACK UP AND CONTINUE WITH YOUR DAY.” In an attempt to regulate the crowd most likely watching, she’d begin gesturing to students to walk away. As she did this, she’d be sure to keep a keen eye on the pair fighting.

Should there be a clear “weaker side” of the fight, Maiya would physically put herself in between the pair, even if it meant she got hit in the process. She’d use her defense knowledge to defend herself as best possible should she need to. Ultimately, both students involved would be discussed separately in order to hear both sides and how the fight started. Maiya would give both students detention slips either way and medical care to anyone in either party who needed it. She would also take any medical care if applicable.
◦•●❤♡ • ● • ● • Character Knowledge ● • ● • ♡❤●•◦

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. What do they look like? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is their personality like? What is their plan for the future?

The 28-year-old can be described as a 5’6 Italian female with a plump yet hourglass figure. Her wavy ginger hair caught the attention of many as did her iridescent blue eyes. A friendly smile always rested on her face as she strolled the streets of Karakura.

She enjoys spreading her passion for the arts. Maiya holds herself upright with a bright personality, quite bubbly at that. Her relationship with students was always positive and cheerful, never a dull moment when Mrs. Byrne was around. With any of her students, she thought incredibly highly of each and every one of them. She loved to see them grow into beautiful and wonderful adults and pursue the things they were passionate about.

With her co-workers and other adults, she almost seems more childlike towards them, continuing to explore her wonder and curiosities. Though she acts silly and not so serious, she takes her position as an adult figure and a representation figure to the future generation very seriously. She acts professionally while being relaxed. She shows a realistic side of herself in and out of work, modified depending on which situation she’s in.

Describe how your character ended up becoming a teacher and their previous life. It is optional to include earlier life but recommended.
Make sure this is over 100 words.

Word count: 450 , Character count: 2666
Maiya Alessia Byrne grew a close connection with the town of Karakura. She had grown up there since the age of 8. Being adopted by an older Japanese couple after being abandoned by her well-off birth parents, she learned and grew up with Japanese culture.

Maiya was taught respect and kindness from a very young age, learning the importance of hospitality. The older couple taught Maiya the importance of culture and channeling spirituality when it was important. She was taught never to lose sight of who she was and to never allow others to treat her poorly. Though the couple shared their culture with their child, they also attempted as best they could to enhance her connections to her Italian culture, allowing her to speak in her native language. The language barrier was a struggle at first, but soon adjusted itself once Maiya got older. Growing up, the girl was entranced by traditional Japanese theatre. She’d watch appropriate Kabuki and Noh. Entranced by the spectacle presented, she delved into the world of theatre at age 12.

In her college years, she returned to Italy in order to reconnect with distant family. She double-enrolled at two universities in Italy, one for Fashion Design, and the other for Arts, Music, and Theatre. While away, she began assistant teaching at local secondary schools, understanding the basic grasp of students and their curiosities. It drew her attention so much that she decided to take a course on Professional Education in order to learn and fuel the creative mind she had. Her outlook on future students grew strong as she was excited to delve deep into this newfound passion of hers.

Maiya continued to dabble in education after college. She’d take up volunteer tutoring lessons at her local high schools and college in Milan, Italy. She’d find any opportunity to work with the youth in theatre and found it as a place where she thrived. Having graduated at age 21, she took the next 3 years of her life to teach and explore her teaching style. At 24, she’d realize she preferred instructing an older audience, though the littles were quite cute.

Missing home, Maiya decided to travel back to what she considered her first home, she returned to Karakura, Japan. She retouched the familiarities of her home, such as her favourite restaurants, favourite picnic spots, and favourite shows. Upon her return, Maiya found the passion to begin a teaching career in Karakura, specifically for the college level.

◦•●❤♡ • ● • ● • In Character ● • ● • ♡❤●•◦

◦•●❤♡ • ● • ● • ● • ● • ♡❤●•◦

1 - PERSONAL DATA

Full Name:

Maiya Alessia Byrne

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):
Ms.

Given Name(s):
Maiya, May, Sia

Preferred Name:
Maiya / Ms. Byrne

Gender & pronouns:
Female | She/Her

Religious Denomination:
Shintō / Christianity “I dabble in both equally, they have found a special place in my heart as a part of my culture.”

Marital Status:
Single

Nationality:
Italian

Current Location:
Karakura, Japan

◦•●❤♡ • ● • ● • ● • ● • ♡❤●•◦

2 - ACADEMIC DETAILS

Teaching Experience (# of years):

5 and a half years and ongoing

Working Experience (# of years):
4 and a half years of online teaching.
3 years of assistant student teaching.
==
2 year of waitressing.

Academic Degree:
College Bachelors Degrees

Year of Graduation:

Major(s):
Course: Studies in Arts, Music, and Theater
School: University of Florence (Università degli Studi di Firenze)
Course Length: 3 years

Course: Fashion Design
School: School of Fashion and Design in Milan (Accademia Del Lusso)

Minors:
Course: Professional Education
School: University of Florence (Università degli Studi di Firenze)

Native Languages:
Italian

Other Languages:
Japanese, Japanese Sign Language, French

Preferred Teaching Subject:
Performing Arts. Alternatively Theatre.

◦•●❤♡ • ● • ● • Extra ● • ● • ♡❤●•◦

Additional notes about your application (if any):

Thank you for taking the time to look over my application! This whole application was a lot of learning and I’m really excited to see what happens next, accepted or denied. I hope you have a jolly and silly rest of your day! :]

Last edited:

MuffinCat

Level 78
Administrator
Professor Lead
Authorization Team
MuffinCat
MuffinCat
Rich
Accepted!
Congratulations, please make sure you're in the Karakura Academics discord, and ping me in #help (@muffincats) to receive your role. You can request your role in game by making a ticket. If you are not in the discord please make sure to join https://discord.gg/xQBHzyNE4Y

Users who are viewing this thread