mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Accepted Performing Arts Teacher Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuildAHolyk

Level 0
IGN (In Game Name): BuildAHolyk
Previous bans: I have been banned for glitching, but I have learned my lesson and won't do that again.

Describe your activity on the server: On weekdays, I have school, so I can only be on for about 2-3 hours. On the weekends, I can be on for 5 hours at least. I will notify an admin if I can't be on the server on a certain day, and it'll usually be for going to the store, chores, etc.

Do you have TeamSpeak3? I do.

Do you have a microphone? Not yet. I'm saving up for a headset, which I should be able to get in a couple weeks.

List your current and past applications: I have never applied for anything on this server before.

What is your motivation for applying?: I have taken several performing arts classes for most of my life and I thought it would be amazing for me to teach a class on a subject that I know very well. I have been on the server for a while and I think I understand it enough to be a teacher. I also noticed that there is a great number of employees/teachers needed so I thought I'd help out any way I can.

Summarize your previous experience (both in general and teacher wise): I do not have much experience teaching, though I have helped out students understand topics that they're having trouble with. Also, I think I'm mature enough to handle this role, and I've been on the server long enough to know how to handle the students.

Your Teachers In Game Name (Make it relevent to your Minecraft Name): Ms.Holyk
Your Teachers In Game Age: 23
Teachers Subject: Performing Arts

Have you read & understood the megathread?
Yes I have read and understood the megathread.

From your perspective as of right now, identify one thing you would change about the Teacher Group. Why would you change that? I don't see anything that needs to be changed about the Teacher Group, except the fact that we need more teachers.

KNOWLEDGE

Present to us your knolledge about Teachers in game and out of game, what purpose to they serve, what salary they get. Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in there spare time in general.
Teachers have a big role to play in students lives, as they're the ones who students mainly look up to. Teachers not only give them knowledge, but help them move on to the next stage of their lives. They make sure that we know how to live and prosper in our world. They teach us how to be independent and make good choices. Most teachers will describe a lesson in-depth so that every student gets it, and if a student needs help, the teacher will see what the student needs help with and the teacher will go even further in-depth to make sure the student understands. In most teachers' spare time, they create lesson plans, tests, exams, anything needed for that class. Teachers do a lot of work and spend a lot of time preparing the next class and making sure that the students will be able to understand the lesson given.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server:
Without teachers, it wouldn't be a realistic roleplay server. It would just be a place for students to socialize and hang out, not to mention it would be very boring without classes because you wouldn't really have anything to do.

CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does she look like? What makes her unique and different? What is her outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is her personality like? What is her plan for the future?
Serenity Holyk is a 23 year-old teacher who grew up in Utah, until she moved to Japan. She is a very cheery and outgoing person, and always tries her best in everything she does. She has some anger issues, and can be loud at times, but when you get to know her, she can be a very loving person. If a student is misbehaving or not doing what they're supposed to be, she won't hesitate to discipline that student, although she tries to be more lenient with her students. If a student doesn't understand something, she'll go out of her way to help the student. She loves to teach performing arts, especially dance and theatre. She plans on teaching until she retires because she loves to teach, as it makes her feel she is helping students move through the stages of life. She feels that teaching performing arts can help students express themselves in a beautiful way. She thinks of her students as her own children. She loves to talk to other teachers because she thinks of them as close friends, as she understands them through their love of teaching.

Serenity has bright blue eyes, slightly arched eyebrows, small lips, and light brown hair, usually tied in a half ponytail. She's 5'4 and slimmer than most. She doesn't wear makeup or any beauty products, as she feels it is not necessary. She wears a gray and white sweater with jeans and a pair of sneakers. She loves wolves, so sometimes she wears a headband with wolf ears and a tail, which is tied around her waist. She likes it when people call her Holly, as this was what her mom wanted to name her before her father came up with the name Serenity.

SCENARIOS

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:
I would give them a warning and tell them to stop. If they don't stop, I'd give them detention and let the teachers know.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?
I would hit my desk with a ruler to get everyone's attention, and if some students still don't listen, I would send them out of my class.

When in a teacher lounge, how does your character act?
Serenity would first grade tests/create lesson plans so she's caught up, then she would interact with the other teachers, asking about their day and then I would talk about who's teaching what period, what they are teaching, etc.

Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom.

/me Hands out paper showing dance sequence
/me Draws diagram of the dance sequence
/me Hands out scripts for play
/me Grades students' acting
/me Writes lesson on board

BACKSTORY

Serenity was born in Cedar Fort, Utah, where she lived most of her life. Her family was very loving, and always gave her a lot of attention, which made her and her little sister Lusie a little spoiled. In elementary school, she was a quick learner. She excelled in all of her classes, and had some friends she hung out with. She wasn't very popular and didn't have that many friends, but she liked the friends she had. Her life was pretty simple, and she already had a dream career set before her; a dancer. She loved to dance in her room alone, and she would watch videos on how to dance. When she turned 6, her mother, Luna, found out about her love of dance (which was hidden from her entire family, because she was too embarrassed to say anything) and enrolled her in dance classes. She kept up on her work and everything was okay for a time. 5 years later, her mother was diagnosed with lung cancer, and that's when her life started to go downhill. After Luna was diagnosed with lung cancer, her father, Travis, decided he didn't want to support the family anymore and left. That's when Tristan, her oldest brother, took up the responsibility to pay for the family's needs. Her other older brother, Cody, watched over her and Lusie while Luna was in the hospital. Tristan didn't earn enough money to pay for her classes as well, so she stopped taking dance classes. Serenity ignored her friends at school and kept to herself for the next 4 years. When Serenity was 15, her mother died, and she was diagnosed with depression. Serenity decided a while later that her life wasn't worth living, so she decided to commit suicide. She was interrupted halfway through the process though, when Lusie walked in. Lusie tried to reason with her, but Serenity had made up her mind. Then, her brother walked in and saw what she was trying to do, so he talked to her and reminded her what Luna did for us and what she wanted from Serenity, and one thing stuck with her in particular. She never thought anything of it before, but Luna used to be a performing arts teacher before she had Tristan. When Tristan was born, she decided to settle down and take care of him, and later on, Cody, Serenity and Lusie. That's when she realized that she wanted to become a teacher, a performing arts teacher. She then worked hard to get her grades up, and at 15, she accomplished that goal. Later on that year, Tristan married a girl named Diamond and moved out. Cody decided to move to Japan with Serenity and Lusie because of all that happened in Utah. Serenity and Lusie studied Japanese and when Serenity graduated high school, they moved to Japan. She then got a job as a waitress to pay for college. Years later, she got her degree in teaching performing arts and physical education, though she liked performing arts better. She heard there was an opening at Yandere High School, the school that Lusie now attends, for a performing arts teacher and knew this was her chance.

Additional notes about your application (if any):
None

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread