I do, and if needed I’ll use it.

How old are you? (Optional):
Prefer not to say.

What is your time zone?:
Atlantic Daylight Time- Zone. (ADT)

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
I do.

Describe your activity on the server:
Overall, I’d say that I’m active a fair amount. I try to be on every day. The only reason that I may not be on is school, and or personal issues.

Do you have any previous bans?:
Nope, and I plan on not getting any.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:

https://schoolrp.net/threads/korean-language-application.36208/ -Approved

https://schoolrp.net/threads/french-language-application.37253/-Denied

https://schoolrp.net/threads/french-language-application.37745/ -Approved

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):
As of now, I only have the ‘Journalist’ role on the account I'm applying with, and I’m willing to let that go if this gets accepted. Considering I’ve been thinking about applying for this position for quite some time.

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:
The Performing Arts

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:
My motivation for becoming a teacher would be so that I’d be able to inspire young students. I’ll be able to contribute to the SRP community, and give back to the people who’ve made my day multiple times. I’ve been teaching people OOCly sometimes as well, whether it be making skins, math, sometimes even grammar and English. I’ve taught some people how to write their own character backstories, as well as helping them with language applications. Therefore, I believe that I am fit for this spot.

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT & If your application is accepted, you may have to undergo teacher training?:
I do.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:
The class logs are what keeps track of how many classes teachers/professors have hosted in the past month, how well they performed in those classes, how much they need to pay them, and if they are relative to the subject that they’re teaching. It’s almost like an activity log but for the school faculty! The teacher class logs are what helps the high-ups know if the teachers are doing their jobs correctly.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:

No Use Of Cell-Phones Unless Given Permission
If a student breaks that rule, their cellphone will be confiscated till the class concludes, then given back. The reason for this is because cell-phones can be a major distraction to the students' learning environments, it could cause them to lose focus in the subject all together. If this rule is broken, it will not result in them getting detention, just a small lecture on why phones are not tolerated during class discussion.

Be Respectful
You must be respectful to everyone attending the class, along with the Teacher. This is a very important rule that is put in place in almost every single classroom. It’s there so that students who have learning disabilities, low self-esteem, or trouble concentrating can feel welcomed and appreciated. I have no tolerance for students who are disrespectful to one another. If this rule is broken, it will result in detention and possibly worse depending on how bad of a distraction it was.

Raise Your Hand
If broken, this rule will not result in a student getting detention, the only punishment you may get is that you might be removed from class. Now currently I am on a three strike rule, if a student speaks out three times without raising their hand, whether it be off-topic or on-topic, they will be dealt with accordingly. The reason that this rule is in place is because some students can only learn in quiet environments. Now, I am not as strict on this rule, considering the Performing Arts is more revolved around class participation and acting, but it still applies to my everyday classroom.

No Illegal Substances And Or Weapons
If this rule is broken, the Principal and Nurse will be contacted immediately if you’ve been ingesting something you shouldn’t have, this can range from underage drinking, to illegal drugs. Now, if you’re caught with any illegal weapons I’ll be contacting the Karakura Police Department as soon as I find out. You’ll be handled however way the police feel is fit. This rule is set in place so that everyone can have a somewhat safe and calm learning environment.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
I have been playing on SRP since the old map from 2017. But, sadly my laptop from then had gotten broken before i had the chance to get involved in the SRP community a lot. In late 2019 I managed to purchase a new laptop, and began my journey here once again. That is when I started getting more heavily involved. These past two years I’ve been online every chance I get, specifically on the weekends if I'm free. I’ve become pretty good at doing DetailRP, because I got the chance to observe my friends whilst they did it, and practicing on my own time. Also I tried many separate roleplay servers in the past couple of years, and I'm confident in saying that this is the best one out there so far. I plan on being involved in this community for months to come, and as of now I feel that I will not be leaving anytime soon.

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:
- HD
↳ Meaning:
Head Of Department
↳ Description: They are teachers who have worked there for a relatively long time, they have earned the trust of their peers and other members of the school faculty. This is the highest rank that a teacher can achieve currently in Karakura, and it's also the most difficult to get. As you have to pass a series of tests and be liked by not only the staff but students as well.

- QT
↳ Meaning:
Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: Teachers that have taught at for a long while, and are trusted by their peers. They’ve passed all of the qualifications to obtain this spot, and are incredibly important to any school, because these teachers are like the foundation. They’re good with students and faculty members, and know how to handle almost all situations accordingly.

- NQT
↳ Meaning:
Newly Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: Teachers that are still pretty new to the staff team. They just finished their training and are trusted to teach classes independently. They know how to handle most situations, but do not have as much experience as some of the other teachers.

- UT
↳ Meaning:
Unqualified Teacher
↳ Description: Teachers that are new to the schools faculty, ones that still have to undergo training before being allowed to teach a full class independently. They don’t have as much experience as the other teachers do. They have not earned their trust from most students or faculty members yet, but with the right training they’ll turn into hard workers.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

What Purpose They Serve:
The purpose that all teachers serve is to provide a well-rounded work ethic that helps their students improve while in a comfortable environment. It is their job to make sure that everyone attending their class feels welcomed and ready to learn.

How Much Salary Do They Get:

In Japan, teachers can earn up to 200,000¥ - 600,000¥ per month. (1700$USD - 5000$USD.) It depends what schools you teach at, what you teach, how many hours are put into the job, and I believe in some schools it also depends on how much the students like and appreciate you. In Karakura, the starting salary for teachers is 350,000¥ per month for 10 classes, and a bonus 50,000¥ for completing 5 more classes. This bonus is only able to be used 3 times per month.

Teaching Methods
There are four main teaching methods that teachers do. The first one is the ‘Visual’ method, the teacher provides the students with many instructional videos and gives them creative worksheets along with some visual diagrams and pictures to help them. The second method is the ‘Auditory’ method, their main way of teaching is explaining everything verbally, putting students into groups and making them come up with certain presentations. Not much writing or pictures involved. The third method is the ‘Reading And Writing’ method. They teach students by giving them many worksheets and a ton of presentations, along with articles to read. And the final method is the ‘Kinesthetic’ method. That method is all hands-on activities, barely any writing or reading is used.

Spare Time
In all honesty, teachers do not have much free time at all whatsoever. Most of them work from 8am-4pm, and that doesn’t include the time they use after hours to create a lesson plan, grade assignments/tests, and maybe host office hours. With the little spare time that teachers have, I believe that they’d spend it either with their spouse, or taking up hobbies.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:

Teachers are incredibly important on SRP because the entire concept of this server is based around real students living and attending school in Japan. It would be a huge loss if this role was never implemented on the server, because they play such a big role. Also, it’s important that they are there to keep certain misbehaving students in line, for a better learning environment for faculty and other children.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:

MOSCOW

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. What do they look like? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is their personality like? What are their plans for the future?

Roseline would appear as a 5’4 female, with really wavy red hair which fell to about the middle of her chest, and light brown eyes. She’d weigh about 50kg (110lbs) and have an hourglass build. Although a ton of people see her as outgoing and bubbly, she can turn that attitude off pretty quickly if someone isn't cooperating. Despite that, she’s pretty laid-back for having to listen and teach high-school kids. She didn’t only teach high-school though, before she applied for a permanent teaching position in Karakura, she taught as a substitute teacher for children in junior-high, teaching not only the performing arts, but separate subjects as well! Unlike some teachers, Roseline often sees the good in her students rather than the unfortunate, instead of giving up on them she helps them get through what they’re having difficulty with. Also, she is very good at working and communicating with not only students, but other faculty members because growing up if she was learning anything, they’d always split up the class in groups. Not only did she socialize with her peers, she also got the opportunity to come out of her shell early on before it was too late. Overall, she’s a bubbly person who can work well with others, and for years to come she can still see herself working here as a teacher in Karakura, Japan.

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:

I’d stop next to them and ask them to not continue using this language during school hours, if they refuse to oblige I would mention that if they do not stop there's a high possibility of them getting detention. After all of that, if they still refuse to listen I’d give them detention.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
I’d begin by asking politely if they could settle down, if that didn’t work I’d then raise my voice at the current class, asking again for them to pay attention and to listen to my instructions. If the misbehavior continues after repeatedly trying to get them to stop, it would result in certain students being removed from the classroom so that I may continue my lesson.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:
She’d act sophisticated and professional around the other staff members, making small talk from time to time as any separate teacher would do, and not bringing up any inappropriate topics. Possibly just putting on some headphones from time to time if the day is slow.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me
Put her book aside, she woulda look up from her desk watching all the students get seated and comfortable. She’d place the book on the corner of her desk, walking around it. Standing in front of her desk waiting for the students to get situated.

/me She’d enter the class with a warm smile on her face, observing the students getting situated she’d then take her own seat at the front of the class. "Good Morning Students." she'd say, then raising her hand up into the air. "Raise your hand if you're having a excellent day!"

/me Looked around the room, seeing if there were any questions about the lesson before dismissing them to do their individual project(s). Seeing as there was no questions, she'd grab her coffee which she had placed on her desk before hand, observing them to insure they were doing their work and not just chatting to one another.

/me A stern, annoyed look grew across her face, clearly not impressed by the student’s disrespectful remarks to her. She’d shake her head, visibly disappointed but she wouldn't respond to his sly comment, and just continued on explaining.

Backstory

CHILDHOOD
Growing up, Ms. Roseline Komas was born and raised in Paris, France from May 13th 1994, to August 20th 2011. She grew up a normal, nice, intelligent kid. With both parents and two siblings, Roseline being the oldest, her younger brother Théo as the middle child, and her youngest brother Timotheé. She was introduced to both Japanese, and French at a very early age because her parents often took their vacations to Tokyo, Japan. Both of her parents were well-known business associates, so they ended up working a lot of the time which resulted in her not getting much attention. That being said, she needed to learn how to take care of herself, and her two younger brothers at a fairly young age. She grew up a straight A’s student, her marks excelling regularly and impressing her peers. Also, you can’t forget her overprotective brothers. Even though they were younger then her, they were taller than her since she was 6 years old! Roseline always got ticked off over being called a ‘Shortie’ by her brothers and sometimes classmates, considering both of her parents were pretty tall it was embarrassing from her point of view. But, besides getting called a ‘Shortie.’ She was never picked on for anything other than that! She was well liked by most of her peers, and also applied to be in the student council when she reached high school. With high hopes, she got accepted into the council her first try! Each year went by as she attended this school, it felt like it went on forever. Freshman, to Sophomore, to Junior, and finally her senior year had come. Roseline worked throughout her entire senior year, having two part-time jobs and working some odd-jobs from time to time to save up any amount of money that she could. Still being a model student, when she was a junior, she had been promoted to the student council vice-president, and now, she was the council's president by her senior year! It seems all that hard work paid off. Her last year in high school went by, class after class, month after month. She could feel the end of the year approaching, imagining herself up on the stage collecting her diploma was something she never thought would come this quickly, but it did! June 24th, 2011. She waltzed across that stage, her graduation gown and cap on, her family members in the audience watching as she took her diploma with tears of joy running from her eyes, she walked down isle of teachers, hugging each one.

COLLEGE
She had applied to plenty of colleges in advance, but her dream school was Yonsei University in Seoul, South Korea. It was an extremely selective private university that she’d been dreaming of getting into since she was just a little girl. Roseline had sent out her resume to Yonsei at the end of her Junior year. And when i tell you, she got that phone call mid-way through her senior year, she practically jumped out of her seat. Squealing with excitement, her teacher even had to reprimand her to quiet down. She didn’t care, she had just gotten accepted to her dream school, she was allowed to be excited. Roseline had saved up all of her money from senior year, and planned to take a gap year and then go to college. But, those plans fell through when she got accepted to that University. So all she did all summer was work, she spent most of the day working and only went home to sleep. But, on August 20th, 2011. She packed up all of her things, and moved on over to Seoul, South Korea. To attend Yonsei University for four years, working to become a Teacher. It was difficult, as is any other college/university but she managed to push through it, like any person. Whilst she was there, she realized that she was a relatively big fan of the Performing Arts. So much so that she joined the school's late theatre program, directing musicals, writing scripts. She loved doing these things, and that's when she realized what subject she was going to teach.

ADULTHOOD
Brushing over her four years in university, after she graduated in 2016 and Roseline immediately started looking for a job. First is began as her working as a substitute teacher for three years back in Paris, France where she grew up. She worked in 3 main schools as a substitute, teaching almost any subject you could imagine, she taught math, English, French, and even P.E sometimes which didn't work out, because spoiler alert she isn't very athletic. But, despite working in one of the most beautiful cities, she wanted to get away from her parents, to get away from France in general. Therefore, Roseline began looking online for schools that were located in, you guessed it, Tokyo, Japan. She knew the area because she vacationed there in her early life, she knew some of the towns inhabitance and knew where to stay clear of. A perfect spot. That being said, she packed up her bags and with the remaining money she had, she moved over to Tokyo to work there for the remainder of the school year. The job paid well, but she wanted a permanent spot, to work full-time and to teach the subject that she truly enjoys, The Performing Arts. She began searching and that's when she found a relatively big school in Karakura, Japan. Roseline also found a pretty cheap apartment for 50,000 ¥ a month just a block or two away from the school, therefore, she sent out her application for a full-time teaching position with high hopes for acceptance.

In-Character Information

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only):
Roseline Komas
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):
Ms.
Given Name(s):
Rosie, some people used to call me ‘Ro-Ro’ as well.
Preferred Name:
Rose
Age (Minimum is 27):
Religious Denomination:
N/A
Marital Status:
Single
Nationality:
French
Current Location:
Karakura, Japan

SECTION #2 - Academic Details