players online

petals and sorrows ; { short story }

PrincessOwlton

Level 28
petals and sorrows ;
a short story based on 'real life' events and thoughts

did it have to be this way my dear?

I never meant to hurt your precious soul and fragile heart,
and make you see nothing but faulty stars.

I blame myself for not being there;
not wanting to be there
for you, and for the others.

if only I could turn back time,
live it all again in the name of love;
"love"

yet, fate decided this upon us,
ripping the seams that we carefully stitched;
and now it's nothing but thread and vague memories.

we're now just petals and sorrows;
dancing upon the desolate lands we call home,
and slowly clinging onto forgiveness.

PrincessOwlton

Level 28
Very well written! Do you have anymore? I'd love to read more enticing poetry!
Why thank you <3 I've decided I may write more in the future, and this story was testing out the poetic structure (which I don't normally use since I'm more of a fan fiction gal) however, I will be writing more in the nearby future!

TotalCtrl

Level 1
An idea for some of our poetry geeks out there. We could do one big Round Robbin where we take the first 15-25 lines and then at the end copy and paste it into one big master piece! That's definitely I would love to orchestrate! <3

TotalCtrl

Level 1
This hit me so hard in the feels, man. I can relate to this 100% especially being in the perspective of what I perceive to be a guy morning the lost relationship of his love. Full of regret he wants to fix things but they are too far broken. He wants to apologize for the heartbreak and struggle and to him he would going through any of it to be with her again but it seems no mater what he does "fate" continues to mess with him and tease him of a vague image of what once was.

TotalCtrl

Level 1
Of course poems tell stories
Otherwise what else are they? Most poems tell stories, whether or not anything physical happens in them is what to think about.
Liz this was amoozing o3o
right! i thought that was bull. a poem is a theoretical story.

Legatus

Level 9
Every fiction book is theoretical :P
the·o·ret·i·cal
/THēəˈredək(ə)l/

adjective

1. concerned with or involving the theory of a subject or area of study rather than its practical application:

So a story is a theory of a subject or area of study rather than its practical application?

Users who are viewing this thread