Pharmacy & Hospital Issues - Suggestion

suu

Level 38
TanoshiiDays
TanoshiiDays
Rich+
IGN: TanoshiiDays
DATE: 12/02/21
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: We have medications for almost everything: mental diseases, diabetes, bacterial infections, headaches and temperature control, birth control, general pain killers, antidepressants and anxiolytics; antipsychotics and antischizophrenics, but we have no medication for gastrointestinal care. Last time I went to the hospital, I RP'd having a bad ulcer that caused my character to throw up blood, then I was said through /looc that there are no medications to treat ulcers, so we had to ItemRP a medication for ulcers called "omeprazole". I mean it's not the nurse's fault, but due to not having proper medications in the pharmacy we had to ItemRP it. While there's nothing bad with that, I find rather illogic that there are a lot of antidepressant and antipsychotics, but there is no actual medication to treat one of the affections that a good amount of Japanese population has (refer to https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1860129/ for further information). Along with this, hospital staff prescribe amoxicillin to treat a common cold. I witnessed it myself when a friend of mine RP'd catching a cold and I recall how a hospital staff gave her Amoxicilin. This is very dangerous in real life: the consequences of taking antibiotics against viruses are severe, such as causing an unwanted immunity of the bacterias already present in the human body, getting to the level where there won't be an antibiotic that would work when it is needed. Seeing around the pharmacy signs, I have seen a medication called "Oseltamivir". Guess what? Turns out this is an antiviral! It is not of my knowledge if it actually is an item, but I've come to the conclusion that hospital staff don't receive at least a small overview about the medication within the pharmacy. This been said, I would want to suggest the addition of the next:
  1. Add a proton pump inhibitor: omeprazole, lansoprazole, rabeprazole, esomeprazole;
  2. Give the hospital staff more training regarding pharmaceuticals (the ones in the signs); stuff like: (med name - what it is for)
While not a hospital staff, I'm concerned for the lack of medications in the hospital, so if this were to be added that would be better not just for hospital staff, but patients as well.
While not a hospital staff, I'm concerned for the lack of medications in the hospital, so if this were to be added that would be better not just for hospital staff, but patients as well.
antiviral.jpeg
images.jpeg

Mxxkie

Level 155
Mxxkie
Mxxkie
Omega
I don't know much about medications and all that, so I'll leave that to those who know their stuff to respond to, but on the other hand; ever try to apply for ems? Seems you know some stuff about medical knowledge and what not.

suu

Level 38
TanoshiiDays
TanoshiiDays
Rich+
I don't know much about medications and all that, so I'll leave that to those who know their stuff to respond to, but on the other hand; ever try to apply for ems? Seems you know some stuff about medical knowledge and what not.
Yes, I'll try whenever I get an alt

Xusic

Level 13
They do get training for pharmaceuticals saying as a former EMS myself.
Continuing that, the customs actually cost the hospital actual money, meaning that they do have to actually buy it OOCly in which I don’t think many people will buy for the hospital.

Missunderstood

Level 110
otobii
otobii
Fundraiser+
not like i disagree with it or anything, it's pretty solid and i like ur argument. but the thing is, there are a ton of models already and im pretty sure the space disk or whatever is almost at its breaking point--> reason for like the disconnection issues. if u want to add one or two pills, i think that'd be fine but then again. it would take up a lot of space.. and it's rare for people on THE SERVER (not irl) to ask for medicine

Luca

Level 68
Traccia
Traccia
Rich

In all honestly, I believe they have a lot as is, speaking as a former EMS as well. Not only that but I have to agree with Xusic in regards to the whole customs, they cost money as well, they do not receive them for free just because it's a faction.. You say "Lack of medications" as if they aren't a ton as is, though they may not be top tier medications, they are used to treat plenty of illnesses, severities, as well as situations. A lot of them are also used a lot.

I just believe that it seems as if you had just a few instances where they didn't have the EXACT medication you needed and/or wanted, though they gave you medication in which would've helped. It's also not that big of a deal to ItemRP it. Truth be told these are not "ISSUES"

suu

Level 38
TanoshiiDays
TanoshiiDays
Rich+
You say "Lack of medications"
With this I meant lack of medication for gastrointestinal affections, being the gastritis my main focus in this suggestion as Japan has a big percentage of gastric cancer, which is caused for gastritis. Yes, there might be medications for multiple mental diseases, and while gastritis can also be caused out of stress and mental problems, eating habits also plays an important role in it. Seeing how several people ICly are compulsive drinkers, smokers, are going through depression and stress; more than enough to say that most of population in Karakura do have gastric problems. (https://www.cedars-sinai.org/health-library/diseases-and-conditions/g/gastritis.html)
This

I just believe that it seems as if you had just a few instances where they didn't have the EXACT medication you needed and/or wanted, though they gave you medication in which would've helped.
"I just believe". This is not for my own benefit, nor I'm making this to myself. In no way I intended to attack the hospital staff, and I just believe that you're taking this personal. It is a suggestion, seeing how there are many people (if not almost everyone) ICly with characters going through a lot of stress, drinking too much alcohol, smoking and other immune disorders.

Continuing that, the customs actually cost the hospital actual money, meaning that they do have to actually buy it OOCly in which I don’t think many people will buy for the hospital.
It wouldn't be like too complex models, these images are only for reference to make an idea of what it looks like. Even if not needed, it still is needed since there are medications for almost everything.

Luca

Level 68
Traccia
Traccia
Rich
"I just believe". This is not for my own benefit, nor I'm making this to myself. In no way I intended to attack the hospital staff, and I just believe that you're taking this personally. It is a suggestion, seeing how there are many people (if not almost everyone) ICly with characters going through a lot of stress, drinking too much alcohol, smoking, and other immune disorders.

I am not taking anything personally, I am posting my opinion. Also thank you for the salty reaction, not sure how I was "Salty" but I appreciate it :)

fair play though I see what you did there with "I just believe"

Xusic

Level 13
It wouldn't be like too complex models, these images are only for reference to make an idea of what it looks like. Even if not needed, it still is needed since there are medications for almost everything.
It will still cost money, it doesn’t matter if it’s complex, it still effects the model pack. If it didn’t cost money the hospital would have a lot more things, crutches was only added because an EMS bought the model. I understand the frustration but again you cannot expect people to spend money on a model that doesn’t benefit them, if you want it them you should spend the money for it. A model is a model and someone is gonna have to pay for it.

suu

Level 38
TanoshiiDays
TanoshiiDays
Rich+
It will still cost money, it doesn’t matter if it’s complex, it still effects the model pack. If it didn’t cost money the hospital would have a lot more things, crutches was only added because an EMS bought the model. I understand the frustration but again you cannot expect people to spend money on a model that doesn’t benefit them, if you want it them you should spend the money for it. A model is a model and someone is gonna have to pay for it.
This is fair.

WiffyBanter

Level 143
KirikoM
KirikoM
Omega

There is a lot of medication we currently have as an item that shouldn't be and item in the first place. I don't see any issues with ItemRP'ing this medication. You may be the ONLY Player or a few who have this type of issue so it would be a waste of space and time to create and entire model or just a renaming a pill for your character. Stuff like Anti-Depressants are much more common with Players of SRP

Users who are viewing this thread