None

What is your timezone?:
CST

What is your discord username and discriminator (e.g. Tippie#6666):

PhayZr#5963

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Yes.

Describe your activity on the server & on the forums?:
About 15-20 hours a week. I'm typically online from 11 pm-2 am CST and at random times of the day depending on my availability. I check the forums daily.

How long have you played SchoolRP for?:
Overall, I have about 1052 hours on SRP.

Link(s) to any previous applications on the server?:
JSL Application - Denied
JSL Application - Denied
JSL Application - Denied
JSL Application - Accepted
French Application - Denied
French Application - Accepted
3rd Language Application - Accepted

Russian Application - Accepted
Music Teacher Application - Accepted

Current Role/Degree/Grade on SchoolRP?:
Adult

Trivia

What is your motivation for becoming a Professor?:

I thoroughly enjoyed roleplaying as a teacher a few months prior and wish to return to the academic faction. I previously resigned as a teacher to serve a church mission. Music is my passion and I hope to help other players have fun while also gaining an appreciation for it.
I'm currently pursuing a career in music performance for Brass instruments and have background knowledge in basic music theory and history. I also met a lot of people and made a lot of friends through the academic faction and hope to return to that environment of positivity once more.

What are the classroom logs and why is it important?:
It's evidence that a class has occurred. They are crucial for recordkeeping and are used to know how much the administration needs to pay a professor. It is also an indicator of the activity of a professor.

As a Professor, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
The following are the rules I would expect students to observe in my class if I am accepted:

- Always have respect for your superiors, whether that be faculty, teachers/professors, or administration.
- Electronics are prohibited unless approved by me for a class activity. Do not text or call during my lessons.

- Observe all rules given by the School.
- Respect your peers.
- Participate in all activities in class.

- Be engaged in classes.

Summarize your previous RP experience's (both in general and on SchoolRP):
I've been roleplaying for 6 years, a little over a year of that has been spent on SRP. I'm experienced in detailRP and very familiar with server rules. I was a teacher for about 3 months. I received the award of "Model Teacher" for Summer 2021.

College-Professor Knowledge

Please show your knowledge of College-Professors. What are the tasks a College-Professor has to complete, What is a College-Professor's salary?

Professors are to teach their classes clearly and professionally, as they are preparing the students for future careers. They are to teach 15 classes per month minimum but can teach as many as they wish. In fact, professors have the opportunity to make bonus money by teaching an extra 10 classes a month. On top of their standard teaching duties, they are to observe students' behavior during school hours to make sure all students are behaving appropriately according to the standards they are expected to uphold. Professors make 450,000 yen if they complete their monthly quota. They can earn an additional 50,000 yen for teaching 10 extra courses as stated earlier.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he/she look like? What makes him/her unique and different? What is his/her outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his/her personality like? What is his/her plan for the future?

Dylan's Biography (Link)

1642649952730.png

As a confident man, Dr. Edgeworth was someone who believed his appearance mattered. He always wore refined clothing, tending to stray away from cuts or tears in the fabric. One of his most notable features was his piercing blue eyes, which stood out against his tan complexion. If you were caught looking into his eyes you'd feel as though he could read you like an open book. His eyes were intimidating to many; which his smug demeanor didn't help. Dylan had faded scars along his neck, having been faded with time. His hair was wavy, naturally jet-black. He'd stand at 6'1, weighing 76 kg.

What makes Dr. Edgeworth stand out from his peers is his ability to make his lessons interactive and fun by involving himself just as much as he involves the students. He believes in servant leadership: helping the students by working with them rather than commanding them. Although the position of professor demands certain respects from students naturally, Dr. Edgeworth wishes to go even further by earning his students' trust by serving them in whatever way he can. Once trust with students can be established, then the students are more receptive to learning.

Dr. Edgeworth has a generally positive outlook on students. If a student has a reason to rebel against the school rules, then there's likely a deeper reason behind their actions. By building a positive-trusting relationship with students, he believes he can help students in ways that heal them rather than make them angry. With this in mind, he tries to maintain compassion towards students but is aware of the standards the students must uphold in college and will enforce the rules at all times.

Dr. Edgeworth respects his co-workers, as he sees them as teammates working for one cause: educating and helping the students. He's willing to assist other professors when asked so long as it doesn't interfere with his teaching responsibilities.

He has a fierce and somewhat sarcastic personality. He's perceptive and logical, often using words to work out his issues. His plan for the future is to continue playing music for as long as he can move his fingers on a keyboard. Once that ends, he intends to teach and share his passion for music until the day he cannot physically do it any longer. Music has brought him so much joy and meaning to his life that he wants to just share with the entire world.

Scenarios

You find a group of sport-team members screaming and shouting in the halls, What do you do?

Dr. Edgeworth would approach the group and say, "Unless you all believe this argument is worth losing your college life, then I suggest you all shut it." If the students decide to snap back with disrespect, Dr. Edgeworth would reply with, "The Dean is just upstairs. Would you like me to share with him your sheer disrespect?" Depending on how the students react, he would inquire about the situation they were arguing about in order to possibly assist the students in reaching an agreement, or he would simply just warn them and continue going about his business.

A College-Student is disturbing the class and won’t listen to a word you’re saying, What do you do?
Dr. Edgeworth would get the attention of the disrupting student by calling them directly to the front of the classroom. He would then say, "Since ____ is looking to be the center of attention, I will now require him to sing a solo for the entire class to enjoy. Please direct your attention to him!" Dr. Edgeworth occasionally uses this form of discipline because when another student is the center of attention, the class typically focuses their attention on their peer to see what they do. It's a way of calming chaos. Dr. Edgeworth is also fond of playing annoying chords on a piano to get the attention of students.

Provide at least 3 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me
Dr. Edgeworth leaned back on the front of his desk as he looked forward to the class. He had a look of speculation as if he were pondering the question he was about to ask. He looked across the classroom asking the students a simple but complex question: "Why do you think music exists? What is its purpose?" He then grabbed a piece of chalk, preparing to write down the students' answers on the board.

/me Dr. Edgeworth pressed the recording button on the control panel in the small recording studio. He then looked up at the student in the recording booth with a pen and book in hand. He was completely prepared to grade the student on their singing project. "You may begin," he said with a reassuring nod. As the student sang, he closed his eyes to listen.

/me Dr. Edgeworth passed out a test paper around the room to each student. While he did so, he observed them, making sure none of them had a device out to possibly cheat with. He then returned to the front of the classroom, saying: "This exam is over the unit I taught the last two periods. You have until the end of the hour to complete it. Please remain silent out of respect for your peers." He then sat behind his desk, observing the students with his icy cold gaze, occasionally he would look at his computer to grade previous exams.

Backstory

The last name of Edgeworth is prestigious and widely known through the law and justice system in the United States thanks to Dylan's father, Miles Edgeworth. Dylan's father is the District Attorney Prosecutor (DA) for New York City. So, being raised by an attorney, he was taught to be extremely studious and professional. He was taught in the fine arts of musical literature as a hobby and studied the basics of law because he aspired to be a prosecutor like his father.

One evening, tragedy struck the Edgeworth home. Dylan was 12 years old. He and his mother were sitting on the porch, stargazing as his sister Miyako was playing with toys on the sidewalk. Then suddenly a pickup truck with two armed gunmen in the back drove by the family's home and opened fire. Dylan's mother was struck while getting her children to safety. Miyako slipped and fell, causing a major head injury that left her in a coma in the hospital. Their mother died shortly after the attack in the arms of Miles Edgeworth. The armed gunmen were members of a gang that belonged to a leader that Miles prosecuted against, which resulted in the gang leader being sent to prison.

Out of an abundance of caution, Miles sent Dylan and Miyako to Karakura Japan to live with a family friend to ensure his safety. Miyako, having severe amnesia, ran away from Dylan as soon as they arrived. As Dylan got used to life in Karakura, he met a lot of good people that steered him in the right direction. He joined a small group of friends that did everything together. These people helped Dylan loosen up a little, as his personality was overly professional and mature. At this time, Dylan wore a suit every day, swearing that he'll become an attorney like his father someday. However, he swore to never play the piano again since the death of his mother, as the music brought him too much pain to bear.

A few years later, Dylan met his would-be wife, Keiki Zaalate. Dylan accidentally told her about his background in music, to which she responded by pushing him to play her something on the piano. He hesitantly began to play it, feeling the remorse he felt for his mother. However, those emotions were quickly replaced by the loving memories of his mother that guided his music from thereon out.

Dylan rekindled his passion for music, discovering peace and love within it. He truly believed in the phrase, "When words fail, music speaks." He wanted to share his emotions with the rest of the world. He knew the importance of music can only be discovered through experience. So he decided he would share his love for music in the form of educating the youth of Karakura. He began practicing for hours a day on the piano in his apartment. He would challenge himself by learning music theory and composition. He prepared multiple recitals, performing for crowds of hundreds as a Music Performance Major. Once he felt satisfied with his own musical pursuits, he decided to dedicate his life to teaching by acquiring a minor in musical education.

Dylan spent time as a teacher for Karakura High School. During the summer of 2021, he received the "Model Teacher" award. Shortly thereafter, he resigned to accept a job with the New York City Philharmonic. He moved away from his family in Karakura for a considerable amount of time to pursue that career path as well as continue his education to acquire his doctorate. He returned to Karakura after experiencing a wrist injury that impaired his ability to perform to the caliber required of him by the NYC Philharmonic. He's now living in Karakura with his family and hopes to return to teaching students again at Karakura High.

In-Character Information
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name:
Dylan Miles Edgeworth

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Dr.

Given Name(s): Dylan

Preferred Name: Dr. Edgeworth

Religious Denomination:
Christian

Marital Status: Married

Nationality: American/Japanese

Current Location: Karakura

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years):

Working Experience (# of years): 12

Academic Degree: Doctor of Musical Arts (DMA)

Year of Graduation: 2013

Major(s): Music Performance (Piano)

Minors: Music Education

Native Languages: Japanese, English

Other Languages: Sign Language, French, Russian

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: No.

Preferred Teaching Subject: Music.

Last edited:

Tippie

Level 169
Senior Admin
College Sports Lead
Event Coordinator
Tippieeeeeeee
Tippieeeeeeee
Fundraiser+
Accepted
Welcome to the professor faction, the roles in-game & in discord will be given out shortly, more information about what's next will be provided in the #college-staff-chat channel. If you're not in the KA discord yet, join it via this link: https://discord.gg/kXG997PX

Users who are viewing this thread