Do you have a microphone?:
Yes

How old are you? (Optional):

What is your time zone?:
CST

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Yes

Describe your activity on the server:
Daily 2-4 hrs a day. Usually, during the hours of 11pm-3/4am (CST).

Do you have any previous bans?:
No.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:
https://schoolrp.net/threads/jsl-language-application.36334/ (JSL Application - Denied)
https://schoolrp.net/threads/jsl-language-application.36348/ (JSL Application - Denied)
https://schoolrp.net/threads/jsl-language-application.36441/ (JSL Application - Denied)
https://schoolrp.net/threads/jsl-language-application.36641/ (JSL Application - Accpeted)
https://schoolrp.net/threads/french-application.37153/ (French Application - Denied)
https://schoolrp.net/threads/french-application.37226/ (French Application - Accepted)

What is your current role(s) on the server? (If you're a college, specify your degree level):
Grade 12, however, my character will be graduated from HS to College on May 22nd, 2021 because he passed the entrance exams.

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:
Music

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:
The music class hasn't been taught in months on SRP. I have a background in music in my real life as a music performance major in college. Using the knowledge I've learned, I would like to teach basic music education in a fun and entertaining way on SchoolRP. I've also been looking for ways to age up my character and progress his story. He is now married. His partner now applying for another position in school staff so our characters are of reasonable age to family RP.

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT & If your application is accepted, you may have to undergo teacher training?:
Yes

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:
Keeping a log is important to track how many classes you've held along with any other necessary details that go with those notes. You have to be able to prove your activity as a teacher on SRP.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
- Respect your peers and instructors. Good relationships lead to better experiences.
- Phones are prohibited to eliminate distractions from the lessons.
- Raise your hand to be called on.
- If you're going to bring a snack to class, be prepared to share it with everyone... However, it is preferred you don't bring any at all.
- Discrimination in any form is frowned upon and will not be tolerated.
- Treat school property with care. It's a privilege to use it.
- Shouting to gain advantage or intimidate someone is strictly prohibited. This rule works well with the first rule listed.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
I've been roleplaying for 6 years. I've spent a year of that on SchoolRP. I've learned how to detailRP from experienced players and friends on the server. I've found detailRP to be enriching to the roleplay experience on the server. I'd love to apply it to teaching musical education.

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:
- HD
↳ Meaning:
Department Head
↳ Description: Teachers that are leading in their department observe and oversee the other teachers within their department to assist and coach them. They are highly trained and experienced not only in their field of study but also in their leadership experience.

- QT
↳ Meaning:
Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: Experienced teachers that are able to manage their classrooms well and excel in all school scenarios they are placed in.

- NQT
↳ Meaning:
Newly Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: Newer teachers that have passed their training sessions and are able to host their own respective courses. They still have much to learn as they continue teaching.

- UT
↳ Meaning:
Unqualified Teacher
↳ Description: A brand new teacher that will undergo training before they are permitted to host their respective classes as an NQT.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.
Teachers in-game share the same importance as teachers in the real world because they share a common trait: they teach you the skills necessary to be successful in the future. Teachers in real life give you experience and knowledge that you'll carry for the rest of your life while teachers on SRP teach you valuable knowledge that is usually on exams such as the graduation exam that happens every three or so months. Teachers on SRP make about 250k for every 15 classes.

A teacher's purpose is to pass knowledge on to someone for the benefit of the student. A teacher's job is to essentially make that information easy to digest and understand. In order to effectively achieve this, the teacher must first understand their students and how they absorb knowledge. By taking the time to understand their students, teachers are showing that they genuinely care about the education and well-being of the kids.

In their free time, I would assume a teacher lives their life normally as a law-abiding citizen. If it was Dylan's choice, he would spend quality time with his friends and wife.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:
A SchoolRP server with no teachers is no SchoolRP at all. A school's purpose is to educate its students. Without teachers, that goal is impossible to achieve.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
To my current knowledge, I don't think there is a required process for teachers to follow for lesson planning. If I am wrong, I'd be happy to be shown otherwise.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How do they look like? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is their personality like? What is their plan for the future?

Dylan Edgeworth

Dylan is a 6'1" male with jet black hair and icy cold blue eyes. Despite his cruel piercing eyes, he has a confident and generally happy demeanor. Many of his friends see him as someone they trust and can confide in because he's a good listener. Many of them look to Dylan for advice on how to deal with their trials and life difficulties. He knows how to stay focused on his studies and reads frequently for both education and entertainment purposes. He wears glasses/contacts because his eyesight isn't the best. He's been playing piano for as long as he can remember.

Dylan has a positive outlook on students, knowing that most of them can live an amazing and lovely life if steered in the right direction. Karakura is a town full of crime and gangs. Dylan hopes to be able to give his students a passion to follow so they dont fall in the hopeless trap of inevitable violence that comes with gang activity.

Dylan has always respected his co workers and hopes to be able to build friendships with them based on mutual respect and comradery. Dylan's a very friendly guy. He's a little spastic and energetic, which allows him to clearly show his passion for music as he teaches it to his students. His natural wit and sarcasm allows him to connect with his students on a more comedic and relatable level. He intends to remove the attitude of irrelevance that surrounds music by proving its worth to his students in a way that is unique for every single one of his students.

His plan for the future is to continue playing music for as long as he can move his fingers on a keyboard. Once that ends, he intends to teach and share his passion for music until the day he cannot physically do it any longer. Music has brought him so much joy and meaning to his life that he wants to just share with the entire world.

Scenarios
/*Do not mention the use of FearRP*/

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:
"Now that doesn't sound fun. You do realize that such actions lead to detention right? What's causing you all to use such vulgar language?" From that point on, Dylan would do his best to diffuse the situation if the involved parties are willing to provide him context.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
Dylan would play some loud Tri-tones on the piano, causing musical dissonance to acquire the attention of the class. He would then find a way to morph the lesson into a format that is easier to absorb that keeps the class adequately engaged. Any troublemakers causing too much noise on their own individual levels will be disciplined accordingly, typically by just removing them from the classroom environment.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:
Dylan usually acts very lax in nature. He's very open with his co-workers and enjoys having conversations with them. Dylan is very witty and often sarcastic, which may lead to some annoyed reactions from some teachers, but maybe some humorous reactions from others.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me He would sit down at the classroom piano, lightly resting his hands on the keys as he looked over the piano's music stand to observe his student's reactions. He began slowly playing a C melodic minor scale within one octave. "That is a C melodic minor scale. It is formed by ascending up the scale in a harmonic minor form, then descending in its natural form. Would anyone like me to play it again?"

/me Dylan pointed at one student raising his hand, "Yes sir, what is your favorite song? ... Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen? Oh, what a phenomenal choice. I LOVE the harmonization Freddy Mercury, Brian May, and Roger Taylor did in that piece. It's no wonder how it got so famous!" He said energetically, racing to the piano to play a few of the notes within the fast potion of the song. (Bohemian Rhapsody on YouTube) "Next favorite song please!"

/me Dylan passed out the m****cript paper notebooks to the entire class. "Please take good care of these. M****cript paper is more expensive than you think." After he passed them around, he walked to the chalkboard and wrote a musical staff, writing out "A MINOR" above it. "Alright, who can tell me what notes form an A minor chord?"

/me Dylan was aggressively composing music on his desk as his students flooded the classroom. "HELLO CLASS! Take a seat, today we're going to find out if the latest piece I just wrote is terrible or not!" He walked towards the piano, placing the sheet music on it as he prepared to play the newly written notes. "Now, whoever tells me this sounds bad gets detention!... Just kidding." He chuckled.

Backstory
The last name of Edgeworth is prestigious and widely known through the law and justice system in the United States thanks to Dylan's father, Miles Edgeworth. Dylan's father is the District Attorney Prosecutor (DA) for New York City. So, being raised by an attorney, he was taught to be extremely studious and professional. He was taught in the fine arts of musical literature as a hobby and studied the basics of law because he aspired to be a prosecutor like his father.

One evening, tragedy struck the Edgeworth home. Dylan was 12 years old. He and his mother were sitting on the porch, stargazing as his sister Miyako was playing with toys on the sidewalk. Then suddenly a pickup truck with two armed gunmen in the back drove by the family's home and opened fire. Dylan's mother was struck while defending her children as the siblings ran inside the safety of the home. Miyako slipped and fell, causing a major head injury that left her in a coma in the hospital. Their mother died shortly after the attack in the arms of Miles Edgeworth. The armed gunmen were members of a gang that belonged to a leader that Miles prosecuted against, sending the gang leader to prison.

Out of an abundance of caution, Miles sent Dylan and Miyako to Karakura Japan to live with a family friend to ensure his safety. Miyako, having severe amnesia, ran away from Dylan as soon as they arrived. As Dylan got used to life in Karakura, he met a lot of good people that steered him in the right direction. He joined a small group of friends that did everything together. These people helped Dylan loosen up a little, as his personality was overly professional and mature. At this time, Dylan wore a suit every day, swearing that he'll become an attorney like his father someday. However, he swore to never play the piano again since the death of his mother, as the music brought him too much pain to bear.

A few years later, Dylan met his would-be wife, Keiki Zaalate. Dylan accidentally told her about his background in music, to which she responded by pushing him to play her something on the piano. He hesitantly began to play it, feeling the remorse he felt for his mother. However, those emotions were quickly replaced by the loving memories of his mother that guided his music from thereon out.

Dylan rekindled his passion for music, discovering peace and love within it. He truly believed in the phrase, "When words fail, music speaks." He wanted to share his emotions with the rest of the world. He knew the importance of music can only be discovered through experience. So he decided he would share his love for music in the form of educating the youth of Karakura. He began practicing for hours a day on the piano in his apartment. He would challenge himself by learning music theory and composition. He prepared multiple recitals, performing for crowds of hundreds as a Music Performance Major. Once he felt satisfied with his own musical pursuits, he decided to dedicate his life to teaching by acquiring a minor in musical education.

In-Character Information
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only): Dylan Edgeworth
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mr
Given Name(s): Dylan
Preferred Name: Dylan

Age (Minimum is 27): 28
Religious Denomination: Christian
Marital Status: Married

Nationality: Caucasian (American)
Current Location: Karakura Japan

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience (# of years): 4-5 years of performing gigs with multiple orchestras and wind ensembles as well as jazz ensembles.

Academic Degree:
Master of Musical Performance
Year of Graduation: 2011
Major(s): Music Performance (Piano)
Minors: Music Education

Native Languages: English, Japanese
Other Languages: French, JSL

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?:
No. However, a TEFL/TESOL would be something worth looking into considering English is my native language.

Extra

Additional notes about your application: Within the preview, the word "M@nuscript" is censored. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Do you have any questions?:
What does training look like exactly? I noticed there are no department heads for the music program, so I am curious as to what the training process will look like for me.

Thank you for taking the time to review this application.
~ PhayZr

Last edited:

KimiNoUso

Level 338
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Accepted
Congratulations! You have been accepted for the position of Highschool Teacher at Karakura High School.

After carefully reading through your application, I have concluded that your application is up to par with the standards expected when reviewing Teachers applications, welcome to the team! There are just a few steps left to obtain your role(s):

- Ensure that you’re in the Karakura Academics Discord.
- DM me via Discord to get your roles and permissions setup: @KimiNoUso#9999.

Please note:
Upon joining the Teacher faction, you will receive the role of Untrained Teacher (UT); only once you've completed training will you be newly qualified and authorized to independently host a class.

Users who are viewing this thread