DivineCaesar

Level 25
TheEnglishDuck
TheEnglishDuck
Rich
IGN: DivineCaesar
DATE: 01/01/2022
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
Well, I'd like to suggest that your phone number, contacts etc are binded specifically to the phone not the person. So lets say you don't have a phone. You decide to buy a second hand one from your mate, you get the phone but it has whatever contacts on it he forgot to remove, or, if you get another phone you can have two phone numbers.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

First and most obvious reason; multiple characters. Why on earth would you have the same contacts on all of your characters, but minus that, I just feel it'd be a cool idea, I didn't really go into detail and I'm not sure if it's even possible but yeah

MrSharkyJR

Level 26
MrSharkyJR
MrSharkyJR
Fundraiser+

no need. it would be too much work to change it and it would fill up the database like a lot

Hirathex

Level 247
Senior Admin
Black Market Lead
Police Lead
Hirathex
Hirathex
Omega+

It’s a nice idea but I feel like it’d raise more problems than it’d solve, plus most people have alternate accounts for different characters anyways. What immediately comes to mind is how annoying it’d be if you bought a phone second hand, and would manually have to clear all the contacts already on it and continue to deal with people calling you thinking you’re the previous owner.

MaccaRegi

Level 1
I have mixed feelings. On one hand I disagree, as others have stated, it would get too complicated when it's easier to just use one. (As someone who uses multiple characters on the same account, I just keep track of who's friends are who's in a document.) On the other hand, it might be interesting for GangRP like having a "burner phone".

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable

As much as I'd love this feature for realism, it'd be hard for staff to implement and complicate an already complicated system. Gonna have to -1.

maraa

Level 210
touchmemara
touchmemara
Omega

I adore this concept; don't get me wrong, I see the argument you made about different characters having the same number, etc., but I've never had a problem with it, though it is a valid point. We've been using this system for a long time, so there's no use in altering it now; it would be hard for the personnel to do so. It would rapidly become puzzling, and many players would dismiss it as pointless because few people complain about the problem in the first place. It would be a case of "why did it change, it was better off left alone."

What if you acquired a phone from an auction house, one that had most likely been used before? Others who were unaware that the phone's pervious owner sold it, would be confused. This only adds to the perplexity of the situation. The concept is good and all, and it's realistic and everything, but I simply think it's unneeded. The staff team has already put in a lot of effort to provide us with this massive phone upgrade; they have other projects and greater things to focus on; this is the last thing on their minds, and they don't need the added stress.

GINGYZ

Level 88
MarriedtoEmma
MarriedtoEmma
Notable
As this seems like a good idea it would take up a lot of time and anywho it would be pointless having different contacts on different phones, anywho if you want to not have your same contacts on a different char then you should just wait, they are planning to add it to where you can change your number by buying it pretty much.

ZaciZach

Level 27
zacizach
zacizach
Rich+

As cool and realistic as it is, I think this would just make things more complicated. There's also like, more than two hundred players who already have a registered number on that account. It's just gonna be hectic for both staff and players who have play multiple characters on a single account

zegevlier

Level 25
Community Team
Developer
+1
I asked Tippie to do it like this, but he didn't like the idea lol. I still like it, but there should also be an option to transfer phone numbers from one device to another.
(also it wouldn't be that much more strain on the database)

KimiNoUso

Level 338
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
Thank you for your feedback

- Something similar to this idea is already planned for a future update once we've completed the main bulk of our 1.17 update. The idea of giving every phone its own number will not be done, however sim cards will be available in-game to allow you to essentially 're-roll' and give yourself a new number should you wish to change it (These will be purchasable through in-game stores). Click Here

* This has been reviewed early due to something similar already being planned / done.

Users who are viewing this thread