lobsterrdog [ems acc]

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?):
lobsterrdog

Do you have a microphone?:
Yes, and I am ready to VC at any time!

What is your time zone?:
EST

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive, you will be demoted?:
Yes, I understand and accept this as a consequence of inactivity within the faction. I will make it my responsibility to alert the faction lead of any upcoming inactivity I will experience.

Describe your activity on the server:
In the most recent months of me writing this application I would say I’m fairly active on SRP, logging on for several hours every day either to simply roleplay amongst friends or to fulfill any faction required quota. If I were to scale it from 1-10, I'd say with the amount of workload I have both in real life and on the server a good 7/10 activity as I’m typically on from 1pm to 10pm-12am everyday. It’s not as much as use to clock in during the extended breaks from school, but it has improved over time. Recently, I've had a small break from SRP,

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:
FACTIONS
[ACCEPTED] Caretaker Application | lobsterrgod
[ACCEPTED] Doctor Application | lobsterrbob
[ACCEPTED] Teacher Application | lobsterrgod
[ACCEPTED] Governor Application | lobsterrgod
LANG
[ACCEPTED] French Language Application | lobsterrdog
[ACCEPTED]
JSL Language Application | lobsterrdog
[ACCEPTED] Third Language Authorization | lobsterrdog
[DENIED] Russian Language Application | lobsterrdog
[ACCEPTED] Russian Language Application 2 | lobsterrdog
[ACCEPTED]
JSL Language Application | lobsterrgod
[ACCEPTED]
Russian Language Application | lobsterrgod
[ACCEPTED]
Gaelic Language Application | lobsterrbob
[ACCEPTED] Third Language Authorization | lobsterrgod
[ACCEPTED] Gaelic Language Application | lobsterrgod
EXTRAS
[ACCEPTED] Service Dog Application | lobsterrbob
[ACCEPTED] Service Dog Application | lobsterrbob
[ACCEPTED] Height Authorization Application | lobsterrbob
[ACCEPTED] Height Authorization Application | lobsterrdog
[ACCEPTED] Height Authorization Application | lobsterrgod

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're in college, specify your degree level):
Paramedic, Governor, Adult, and Grade-12

Trivia
What subject are you applying to teach?:

Physical Education

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:
My own motivation for becoming a teacher is a strange sense of longing for something to busy myself with. I’ve been a part of the faculty faction before and the constant stream of things to do kept me busy during every school day was a treat. Not to mention the strangely unique roleplay opportunities faculty members, especially teachers with a majority of their interactions being centered around Grade 12 and lower, experience in this position. Since my leave from my position on faculty SchoolRP hasn’t been quite the same where rather than spending my days actually engaging with other players within school grounds, I find myself mindlessly wandering around or shying away from the school completely to roleplay on my city faction characters. And really, what is SchoolRP without the school? I simply don’t find studentRP to be fun and roleplaying as older characters to be more enjoyable. The character I’m applying with, Graig, also has his own motivation for changing professions from the prestigious status of doctor-paramedic-veterinarian to a humble physical education teacher. Graig has found a slow deterioration in his mental state, the constant sight of blood and gore on a daily basis wasn’t the healthiest for the war veteran’s heart in the slightest. A more mellow career with more time to allow himself time close to his beloved family that he’s unfortunately began to neglect.

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT?
Yes, I understand and accept the role I am applying for.

If your application is accepted, you may have to undergo teacher training?:
Yes. I have undergone training once before and am prepared to experience it once again. With or without the rap album.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:
Teacher class logs are a set of logs within the Karakura Academics server that is sent out to manage and monitor every time the /class start <room number> <class size> command is used in game. To my knowledge, as a former teacher, these logs are used to keep track of which teachers have started a class, how long they lasted, and how many students joined. This is perfect for the faction leads to be able to appropriately distribute paychecks at the end of the month relative to the work completed along with promoting the proper people.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
1. Respect both teacher and peers: An easily enforced rule that many seem to break? In a class where the sensitive topic of weight can easily be brought up, we don’t need anyone being down about something someone says with malicious intent. This is a place to learn and grow and those who intend to ruin that will be excluded.
2. Don’t disrupt class: In a school where classes are mandatory only the ones that wish to learn will have a place in this classroom. Anyone else can kindly see their way out.
3. Try your best: What more can a teacher ask of you other than your best? If a clear effort is being made rewards and success will be found in the future.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
January 19th, 2023 is the day I truly joined SchoolRP and almost every day since then I have consistently logged on for hours at a time indulging myself in the plethora of roleplay opportunities one can experience on the server. Below I have listed all my different experiences!

FAMILYRP
My start to SRP mostly began with FamilyRP from becoming close family friends with this little family called the Arunas where a lot of the foundation for my roleplay experience was built off and how I slowly learned what SRP really was. From there it took off with becoming the OOC lead of the Clement family before it disbanded due to the father character becoming shelved, but I will never forget how connected that little family of five was and the growth of my experience as a roleplayer developed. Although, my journey with familyRP was yet to end with the disbandment of the Clements, as I began a family of my own, the Higglebottoms. The Higglebottom family, even after its first purge, has a close place in my heart as a family I intend to develop and form into something grand within the server. Two other families I’ve had the pleasure of joining are the von Moltke and Saiky families! Both with wonderful leads and lore I have the pleasure of being a part of.

TEAMRP/JOCKRP
My first ever faction I ever joined was the teams faction via the swim team where I was able to become the co-captain after a few months. I truly adored my time on the team, gathering up the members to engage in some team bonding both ICLY and OOCLY and even the occasional JockRP from time to time, even though the team isn’t quite known for that. I will forever credit the development of my detailRP skill to the swim team as that is what every practice consisted of! And coming up with new and fun ways to describe swimming techniques that I didn’t have a clue on how to do in real life was a blast. The second team I ever joined was football and this was almost whiplash from how different the teams were! Football and cheer, two teams well entwined, are teams that REALLY force you out of your shell and make you get out there to roleplay with others. I’ve always been more on the shy side, waiting for others to come up to me, but being on a team throws that all out the window! And the JockRP is where my detailRP really shined, being able to focus less on detail and more and allowing my character’s personality shine through in my actions and develop my P2L skills on a different level.

FACULTYRP
As stated, something that is well known is that I used to be both a caretaker and teacher as one of my very beloved characters, Soda Kanno! So, to say my experience truly shines in this department is a vast understatement! For a time, faculty was all I knew, as my aforementioned beloved character Soda was the main OC I roleplayed as at the time, meaning I had most of my time spent learning the ropes and navigating my way around the school, its rules, and the people populating its halls! I hope to see the rise in faculty roleplay amongst each other and growing blossoming friendships ICly and OOCly.

EMERGENCYRP
If the swim team was the foundation to my skills of detailRP then EMS was the support, forcing me to detailRP for every single procedure undergone. In a faction filled with skilled, talented, and passionate roleplayers interacting with them on an almost daily basis was bound to rub off on me, allowing me to grow into my own as a roleplayer to this day! Not to mention learning to handle the stressful situations populating the lobbies from rush hours, flash events, and the dreaded bear calls.

GOVERNMENTRP
One of the more recent factions I’ve joined, originally leaving faculty entirely for this one, but of course I crawled right back in like I promised I would. Being in this faction for far less than the others, I don’t have much to say other than I've found much enjoyment in a far more mellow environment where my job mostly revolved around sitting at a desk and conducting meetings allowing me far more opportunities to actually kick back and roleplay unlike the other breakneck, fast paced environments of gangRP and sometimes EMS with the rare KPS timers.

GANGRP/CRIMERP
My journey with CrimeRP isn’t very notable, with it starting with the newly reformed Anarchy that quickly became a UVG which is when I promptly left due to the conflicts of interests regarding my acceptance into the emergency faction. Once settled in, I tried my hand in the also reformed Rakkiyatsu, a street racing gang, which I adored! The delinquentRP was my favorite by far with its healthy mix of both JockRP and GangRP to create a delicious, unique blend between the two. This gang is where I first learned how to P2L properly and still do practice and home in on my skills to this day. Due to completely IC reasons, I departed from Rakkiyatsu right before it disbanded and joined a gang called Shinriki that ended up merging with Mefisuto where I reside to this day as a higher up. Outside of GangRP I indulged in my fair share of CrimeRP as a BMDA, Ikigai Security, and Fight Club Fighter, all things I’m overjoyed to have my opportunity to participate in.

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:
- HD
↳ Meaning:
Head of Department
↳ Description: The heads of department are the pseudo leaders, the highest ranks in their respective departments and the ones people often go to when the faction lead is unavailable. Heads of departments often approve field trips for other teachers alongside their regular duties. With this increase in responsibilities comes a pay increase.

- QT
↳ Meaning:
Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: As the name suggests these teachers are qualified in their respective fields and have proven their worth as educators worthy enough for this promotion.

- NQT
↳ Meaning:
Newly Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: Bestowed this rank once training has been completed, these teachers are finally allowed to host a class on their own as they have proven to be acknowledged to be able to host a class.

- UT
↳ Meaning:
Unqualified Teacher
↳ Description: The rank granted to the newly hired teachers; ones who have been accepted to work as an educator within Karakura, but have yet to pass their training meaning they aren’t allowed to host classes until then. They may shadow and learn from the work of other, more experienced teachers until then.

Teacher Knowledge
Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, and what purpose teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, and what they do in their spare time in general.

As a former member of the faculty faction for about 6 months with my time as teacher encompassing the bulk of that time, I can say with confidence my knowledge about teachers within the context of SchoolRP is more than plentiful. Teachers spend their time teaching, grading, or engaging in their own non-school related roleplay. Grading is done via the Karakura Academics Discord in the channel labeled #highschol-bulletin where teachers can publish their students' grades, allowing players to see how well their characters are doing in a class. Although this isn’t a requirement it goes the extra mile to enhance the roleplay experience, one thing that I think is particularly unique to the teacher/professor faction. Lessons are, of course, hosted during one of the three periods throughout the day where teachers and professors alike will roleplay and interact with students in a more educational environment, a staple in SchoolRP. Any time outside of school is spent doing non education related roleplay and generally just developing the character they've created outside of a school setting as teachers deserve such pleasures too. In regard to paychecks, teachers earn money in a much different way from their out of character counterparts simply due to the way SRP factions work. Teachers will earn their money based on how much of their quota is fulfilled each month, the minimum being 10 classes and maximum being 22 classes. And not to mention the pay increase for those in the position to be a higher up.

Now, outside of the context of SchoolRP, teachers are quite different and unfortunately, I don’t have the same experience with the Japanese school system as I do with SRP. My knowledge on teachers out of game is limited only by my personal knowledge and the research I’ve undergone specifically for this position. Teachers are educators that teach those who will grow to lead and construct the future of our world. Teachers spend a select time teaching, lesson planning, and grading. Their methods of teaching are far less limited than that found in SRP, allowing for things like projects, lectures, assignments, or class discussions to take place without much construction. Teachers develop and foster a learning environment for all those who choose to learn. A very noble job to undertake. Teachers spend their freetime like any other, indulging their hobbies and interests like any other person on earth. A simplified version of Japan’s honesty complicated way of teacher’s payment is as follows: Full time teachers new to the profession make about ¥250,000 monthly and more experienced full time teachers can make upwards to ¥550,000 yen monthly. Of course this is very simple, but it is accurate.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:
Not to be repetitive, as every person who’s ever written a teacher application has pointed out, this is SchoolRP. And a server centered around the aspect of going to school something as simple as teachers are bound to appear! Teachers are the bridge between players new and old, guiding the newer players on the right track of roleplay while creating and sustaining a fun and fulfilling roleplay experience for the well-seasoned players. Teachers’ works also progresses other player’s stories, hosting classes that allow students to reach a certain number of classes attended to give them a slight boost in the college exam results.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
MoSCoW system
Must Have, Should Have, Could Have, Won't Have.
Being left alone with a class of 28+ people for about 40 minutes it's very important to properly plan and prepare classes to ensure they don’t last too long. I know from experience that sometimes I can get a bit overzealous with the planning aspect, focusing on what is fun rather than what could realistically work in the timeframe I’m given. The MoSCoW system allows my lesson plans to be far grounded in reality by asking myself: What must they have for a project? What they should and will improve the project, but can do without? What things they could have, but will have little effect on the project when left out? What things that won't change the project when left out?

Character Knowledge
Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. What do they look like? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is their personality like? What are their plans for the future?

“Take a picture. It lasts longer.”
With a staggering 6 feet and 9 inches and paired with a thick, sturdy frame created a physique that one would classify as a ‘dad bod’. Curly, dark, inky black hair with thick strands of gray painting across the dark canvas of hair and cascading down the length of his back. Sometimes, mostly during work, it would be tied back and kept in a neat ponytail while other times a simple half up- half down look would suffice. Hidden behind those thick curls a clear hearing aid would just barely duck from view, no secret to the public, just more fashionable that way.

Trailing up his right arm his flesh bore a tattoo, one he was no stranger to showing off to anyone who gave him the time of day. The tattoo being a recreation of the same one to get him into art school, away from the mess that is the Higglebottom family. For a short time, but better than nothing. Of course, for professionalism’s sake the tattoo would usually be hidden from view, but Graig wouldn’t hesitate to let anyone see if asked, some art just can’t be hidden! Along his right arm was something far more permanent… A scar from his time at war… Graig never seemed to want to talk about it…

Fashionwise Graig wasn’t the most… Knowledgeable. (As much as he would wish for you to believe otherwise.) Even as an artist, fashion was never his forte. For now he’s most often seen wearing loose fitted cream shirts paired with a simple green pair of pants. Although he never fails to go more ‘out of the box’ with some of the attire he’s known to wear. But during more casual settings you can find him in his custom made black and pink kimono, one he specifically got to fit in during his short visit to the shrine per his husband’s request.

“I’m a man like no other!”
Considering the doctor’s, frankly, overqualified resumé combined with a personality that didn’t quite match such a prestigious title as ‘Doctor’ he stuck out like a sore thumb amongst his new colleagues. Graig is an excitable, flashy, flamboyant man who sometimes can’t hold back what’s on his mind. As any other Higglebottom would, his pride was a fragile one, a single slip could turn it into shattered glass piercing those around him. One thing that truly made him an oddity amongst the rest (a true feat in the city of Karakura where strange is the norm) is his smile..? No matter the situation, time, or place a smile stretched the seams of his lips like a battle scar.

Graig’s outlook on students mimics his outlook on anyone really; respect to him is returned tenfold. No student, even those of his beloved family, aren’t to be given special treatment in the slightest! He is a professional after all! With students, Higglebottom tends to insert himself into ongoing conversations as he sees fit partly due to his simple need for social interactions on a daily basis! Graig’s outlook on the teachers employed within Karakura Highschool and Community College is a complicated one… On one hand, they are fellow educators who share with him the common goal of bringing well needed education to the youth of the city. Alas, on the other hand, they don’t seem to hold much power nor know how to have fun, two things this Higglebottom is just far too accustomed to within his last place of employment.

“The future, huh..? Never thought I’d have the chance to plan this out…”
Since the day he packed up his life alongside his brothers and sisters to move off to this littl town of Karakura, Graig has had only one goal: Restore respect to his family name. However, in the pursuit of such a lofty goal, the care of his family has been neglected and his title as the leader has been called into question.. Ashamed and embarrassed the man realized he needed to slow down and working as a simple Physical Education teacher was just the change the veteran was in dire need of.

Scenarios
You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:

Ever the extrovert, to the extent some would describe it as annoying, Graig would wander right up to the flock of delinquents with his everlasting smile clinging to his lips as he butts into their conversation with the request that such language be kept off school grounds per the school’s regulations. If the order is accepted, he would simply thank them, lingering near to add his own input into whatever the group was talking about. Truly an extrovert at heart. If his request is denied, or worse, met with another barrage of swears the Higglebottom-Saiky wouldn’t allow his smile to fall, no, such an event would never occur for a man cursed with such a surname. (Higglebottom that is, although the Saiky name was a curse in its own right to some.) The teacher would counterattack by simply placing his hand on the stack of detention slips holstered to his belt like a gun, his perfectly plucked brow rising on his forehead as he spoke, Scottish accent thick in his voice: “Don’t embarrass us both by making me give you a detention for swearing.”

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
If there was one thing the crowned prince of the Higglebottom’s legacy didn’t enjoy, it was being ignored. Trapped in the undergrowth and overshadowed by the clouds of shame left behind in the wake of his father’s departure from the Higglebottom Biomedical Industries the Higglebottom-Saiky has been ignored enough to last a lifetime and continuing his cycle from school children was no way for a man of his reputation to be treated. Deep blue eyes hunt the class for the worst of the bunch to send a final warning to pipe down and pay attention to the class or they would not only be removed from class but receive a detention. After that if another unwarranted outburst occurred from the perpetrators Graig would handle them accordingly; a boot out of his class with a detention slip in hand. Any other perpetrators would be dealt with similarly till class either ended or simmered down.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:
An escape from the chaos of children screaming their heads off? Sign him up! The safe haven labeled a ‘Staff Lounge’ would be classified as the treat it is for Graig to indulge in after every class he managed to power through. Taking his time to grade papers beside a cup of coffee and any colleagues that decided to join alongside his moment of solitude. The scenery and general atmosphere was always such a stark contrast from the raging chaos that festered the hallways, truly like night and day. Even a man as unbearably chatty as Graig can find a hint of solace in the silence… That being said if another member of faculty found the misfortune of entering the faculty lounge at the same time as Dr. Higglebottom the silence would be quickly drowned out by the never ending chatter of the man!

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:
/me
tossed his head over his shoulder to take a quick glance behind him as students filed into the classroom, all too excited to rush their way out of class with the expectation of a free period to do as they please. Oh how disappointed these students would be. &f“Ah ah ah! Put your butts in those seats! It's gonna be a lecture class today!” &uSaiky ignored the groans and rolling of eyes with that same stain of a smile as he turned back to the chalkboard and scribbled down what else would be needed for this lesson. &f“Yeah yeah keep complaining and I can cancel our next field trip too!” &uA half joke more than a threat, really. The teacher put far too much work into organizing this trip to just suddenly drop it, but it shut the students up so it was a win in his book! A small one, but a win no less. &f“Now! We’re going to be doing a small lecture on the anatomy of the muscles and what happens when you work out.” &uGraig explained, a slender finger tapping against the poorly drawn muscles squiggles on the board.

/me beamed down as he watched the students split off into groups working amongst themselves on the miniature project the doctor tasked them with. Dark blue eyes casted the room to spot a little hand up, waving back and forth frantically! The older man sauntered over, across to the chattering class and to the lone student whose hand fell as the teacher grew near. Graig, a mountain of a man, knelt down to the student’s level &f”How can I help ya, hun?”

/me conducted one last head count as the students filed away into the public gym, populating the small room. The mountain of a man shuffled his way past the crowd of students and over to beside a punching bag, red and bright. &f“Now, do we all remember the lecture?” &uHe paused for a moment as the symphony of understanding rang out in the room. &f”Good! Here, we’re gonna get to workin’ out those muscles on this bad boy!” &uThe mountain of a man smacked the crimson red sand bag, the object gently rocking back and forth from the blow. &f”One by one I want y'all to do just as I showed in the lecture, yeah?” &uThe man stood off to the side to allow his students to take the lead.

/me flicked the sweat from his brow as an exhausted sigh escaped past his lips.. The bright red punching bag, beaten well beyond repair from the barrage of attacks from the various students beating down on it. &f”Good work… Everyone!” &uHe praised between halted breaths, pulling out the roll of brightly colored tickets from his pocket &f”Class is over, buuut I’m gonna need the followin’ students to come over to get your reward tokens!” &uWith the class dismissed and kids already shuffling away, Graig slowly called the names of each students who he found to be the most exceptional during this lesson. &f”Good job! I hope to see y’all in class again! Keep up the good work, yeah?”

Graig J. Higglebottom was born in the north of England, close to the border of Scotland, in a town called Berwick-upon-Tweed, on June 9th, 1984. He learned English alongside his studies at St Mary's Church of England First School — the primary school he attended. He made lots of friends since he was a social butterfly, so being around people and making friends was always his strong suit! After primary school, he attended Berwick Middle, quickly finding a passion for art and dreamed of becoming a professional painter when he grew up. He took art at GCSE and, despite his initial regret at how technical some of the language was, he eventually found himself enjoying the subject thoroughly, and ended up coming out with an A. After this, he attended Northumberland College, taking art, biology, and math, seeing as the latter two were his other highest grades at GCSE.

At college, he made friends with a Japanese transfer student, Kenzo, after finding that they were excluded due to the lack of diversity in the college at the time, despite it being the early 2000s. The two become fast friends despite their fairly clashing personalities, Graig with a permanent smile on his face, cracking jokes at every turn, and Kenzo always stoic and brooding. Despite the personality differences, the two meshed together surprisingly well! Graig got through college without too much difficulty, doing spectacularly well on his art A-level. In fact, Graig did so well to the point he got an offer from an American art school to attend there, and he took the offer without a second thought, excited to finally get the chance to pursue his dreams of fine art. He moved to America with his best friend, Kenzo, their friendship had only grown over the years becoming absolutely inseparable to the point they decided to move in together to study in America, as Kenzo also got an offer to study at a law school pretty close to the art school that Graig was going to attend.

Graig studied at the School of Art Institute of Chicago while Kenzo studied at the University of Chicago Law School. Graig studied for about a year before dropping out under the pressure of his parents, who wanted him to do something more 'useful' with his life instead of just 'drawing silly pictures'. After much deliberation with his best friend, they both eventually decided that it would be good for Graig to attend medical school, and he ended up enrolling there and studying for four years. During these four years, Graig and Kenzo began dating and got married at the end of Graig’s time at the University of Illinois College of Medicine. Additionally, Graig had an internship as a doctor in a nearby nursing home, in which he became close friends with some of the residents there as he enjoyed his sunny attitude in the generally dreary and dull environment. He was sad to leave after he got his medical degree, but they all wished him well, forever missing his bright smile.

It was after Graig began working at the nearest hospital, Northwestern Memorial Hospital, for his required residency to specialize in family medicine that he started realizing that he was transgender. The lack of knowledge about the topic meant he didn’t realize that there was a word for the dysphoria he was feeling and that there were others who were just like him. During his first year of residency, he came out to Kenzo and his fellow coworkers, who thankfully accepted him and respected the frankly strange name he chose for himself: Graig. He lived happily at the start of his social transition until he accidentally came out to his parents over the phone on their bi-weekly phone calls. Unfortunately, that was the last he heard from them. They did not accept him. He fell into a depressive state for a few months, before being pressured to go to therapy by Kenzo, eventually learning how to cope with his parents cutting him off.

When Graig decided to consult one of his coworkers about potentially getting top surgery, they told him the average price of the procedure and quickly realized that the pay from his current job would not be enough to cover both the surgery and his schooling prices, so he enlisted in the army after much discussion about their finances and their future with his husband. They said their emotional farewells before Graig enlisted, promising to write letters and call as much as they possibly could. He was placed at the Madigan Army Medical Center in Tacoma, Washington where he continued his last required year of residency. The first year went well, learning about quick first aid due to his experience in medical environments, became a general technician to have something to do around the base, but also applied to be a combat medical technician, just in case he was ever deployed.

He was unfortunately deployed.

And war isn’t kind. Bombs, explosions, death, death, death. It was, in the simplest terms, the most traumatizing experience of Graig’s life. After serving for five consecutive years in this war that had nothing to do with him, he was finally honorably discharged due to his injuries. He suffered severe hearing loss and had a large burn scar that spanned across his entire left arm from a tragic encounter with a bomb. When he came home to America, he was immediately thrown back into therapy, where he was diagnosed with PTSD. Around the same time, he was reunited with Kenzo, who, while emotional and happy to see that Graig was alive, Kenzo filed for divorce within six months of Graig’s return. He claimed it was because being apart from Graig had left him to rethink his life and how he regrets getting married so young. He wanted to live a life and find others to love just as he loved Graig, which Graig (though broken-hearted) accepted and understood.

A year passed, and Graig decided instead of living life alone as a war veteran at the age of thirty-five, he wanted to become a doctor again, in a less hectic environment than the army, so he moved to Japan for a fresh start. After living with Kenzo for most of his adult life, he’d learned the basics of Japanese in order to become closer to his lover, and wanted to test these skills in the real world, instead of just in the comfort of their old home. Turns out he was absolutely terrible at speaking Japanese, and while living in one of the quieter main cities, he polished up his skills and within two years, he was fluent. During this, he ended up working at a small doctor's office and treated people with a bright smile. Most of them didn’t even care about his scars, a lot commenting on how brave he must’ve been, they all held a lot of respect for him and rarely pitied him, which was a pleasant change from living in Chicago, as everywhere he went he got pitiful looks from those around him. As much as he enjoyed the kind words he got due to his scars he didn't really enjoy seeing them with the horrific memories they held, so he made the tough decision of getting a cover-up tattoo for it. Finding a tattoo artist in his small Japanese town was even harder than deciding he wanted one in the first place, but with his connections to various people throughout the military, he was able to find the perfect artist in a city not too far away. He got a tattoo recreation of the painting that got him into art school, a beautiful unicorn with an eagle piercing through its horn.

It was only when he heard of an even smaller town that he considered moving. He loved the town he’d settled in but wanted to help out in a place that needed it most, so with a heavy heart and a head full of warnings from his friends about the crime and strangeness of Karakura, he moved there in search of a job as a doctor.

SECTION #1 - Personal Details
Full Name (First & Last only):
Graig Higglebottom-Saiky
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Dr.
Given Name(s): Graig Jeff Higglebottom
Preferred Name: Dr. Higglebottom or Dr. Higglebottom-Saiky
Age (Minimum is 27): Thirty-nine years old.
Religious Denomination: Catholic

Marital Status: Married
Nationality: Scottish
Current Location: Karakura, Japan

SECTION #2 - Academic Details
Working Experience (# of years): 21
Academic Degree: Doctorate
Year of Graduation: 2010
Major(s): Medicine and Biology
Minors: Visual Arts and Education
Native Languages: Gaelic
Other Languages: Japanese
Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: No

Extra
Additional notes about your application:
If accepted I will have my EMS tag swapped to my main, lobsterdog.
Do you have any questions?: N/A

RexLobo

Level 105
Administrator
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
Accepted
Welcome to the Teacher Faction! You will begin as an Unqualified teacher (UT)

You will be given your roles in the Academics Discord and afterward will be pinged regarding teacher training. Once your training is complete, you will be allowed to start your own classes!

If you have any questions, please DM me or contact me through the teacher channels in the Academics Discord.

Users who are viewing this thread