Check out our in character Social Media

mc.roleplayhub.net

Loading status...
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pinkyqaz's Lore-Team Application

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by (Eden) Pinkyqaz, Jun 16, 2020.

1. (Eden) Pinkyqaz

(Eden) Pinkyqaz United Kingdom Level 6

Local Time:
    2:03 PM
    Pinkyqaz

[​IMG]
    ♥*♡∞:。.。  。.。:∞♡*♥

IGN:
    Pinkyqaz

What is your discord name and tag (name#0000)?:
    Eden#8752

What is your timezone/What country are you from?:
    I am from England; my timezone is GMT+1/BST. I am typically online late hours of the night and right in the middle of the afternoon. Due to the Coronavirus, and this stress-ridden lockdown, I have been active for around 12 hours each day. I have 50+ days of play time and I am a regular, returning member.

Do you have a microphone and are able to speak VIA discord?:
    Yes! I have a clear ‘Blue Snowball’ microphone and I am very comfortable speaking, especially in a group of like-minded people that love to write.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you can be removed from the team at any given time?:
    I completely understand and agree with this condition, which is where my high activity will smoothly slip into play. I am a ‘Councillor’ on my usual account and I am on the ‘Basketball-Team’ on an alternate one. Being a councillor also ensures that I have to ‘DetailRP’ in meetings- which I think can help my vocabulary and help me think of ideas fast on my feet. Not only this, but I am in the ‘Photography Club’ in which events need to be planned and organised by the members. All of this takes high activity and dedication - hence why I mentioned it. This, of course, does not mean I will have less time to spare for the Lore-Team, as I am online for several hours at a time and I manage numerous jobs at once well. I am so enthusiastic to be able to apply - which is another reason why I am shooting my second shot - and I will dedicate more than enough time towards my work. If I were made a member of this team, I would respect the commitment I made to it and value my position above any other.

What makes you different from other applicants?:
    I know that I stand out from other applicants because I show immense dedication. An example of this is that this is my second application; I am beyond determined to prove myself worthy of such a talent-filled team. When I was first rejected, I was devastated. I took this feeling, to evaluate where I went wrong and how I can develop and improve - I have since spent every waking minute enhancing my writing and growing from where I was before. I have been committing all of my time towards the server and I would love to be able to channel my eagerness for writing, whilst also being involved in the server. I am certain that I have what it takes, and I hope you see the potential in me.

Another display of my dedication is that I have been playing SchoolRP since 2015. It has a special place in my heart, even years after I quit I will remember the server and all of the people I met. I have been an active member for such an extended period which I think will give me a head-start in describing the past events on the server, that not as many people have the full picture of. Not only this, but my knowledge of previous happenings and what builds up to them can fuel my imagination and help me describe them. I am able to think outside of the box, whilst still being within the limits of what I am writing about. I know that when writing, it is far from simply about using ‘big words’ and long sentences - as that can look good from afar but will never make it worthwhile.

One of my great passions has always been writing, I can remember coming up with storylines for my toys from a very young age. Writing is a hobby I can really sink my teeth into and gain enormous satisfaction from the end product. When designing lore the most important part is making sure the players are interested and invested in what they’re reading. You could easily write a good story but without some sort of practical interaction, the players will never be invested. With writing, in this case, it’s quality over quantity since you need to keep the readers focused. Alas, I am only young and there is no doubt I will misspell certain things, but it's nothing a little spellcheck and an extra set of eyes can't fix. I start a lot of my sentences with prepositional phrases, or otherwise cut right to the chase, with modifying phrases trailing behind like an old camper van. My style doesn’t always include the most fairy-tale-like words, however, I try to keep it interactive instead of tedious.

I believe that I have a great grasp on what the community would like to see and the high level they expect the lore to be at. I am also taking GCSE History, which involves a great deal of writing and understanding of past events, although that is not the same, it is some experience that I will translate into the Lore-Team. I am certain that this skill has helped me to be concise with my writing and overall has led to me paying far more attention to small details, which really impact a story. Again, I have been striving to improve in whatever way possible and I hope that really shows in the rest of my application.

Do you have any previous experience writing any lore?:
    I have written numerous backstories for families and characters on SchoolRP. I excel at English in school and I am in the top set. I have written many stories with extensive lore for characters and paid brilliant attentiveness to accuracy when building my world. I believe that despite not written lore directly for a server, I have a clear understanding of creating lore and making sure that what I create makes sense and is entertaining. I know that being part of the Lore-Team will help me advance my English vocabulary and polish my grammar. This will be helpful for me in school and the rest of my life. I am an excellent team player and I will make a diverse addition to this role. Since my first application, I have been spending my time writing Lore for mine, and other characters. Recently, the character that I had for 5 years was murdered - I have since begun a new back story for my character which I am determined to make completely packed with interesting and unique ideas. My hopes for my writing - and my character’s development - consist of comedic and entertaining details that can keep a reader hooked.

WRITING PROMPTS

Writing prompt #1
    Write a 200+ word essay on an average day for your character in Karakura.

When asked to describe Ysella's average day, it's a weird and wobbly one. What happens on a daily basis, will never be normal for anybody else but her. Despite the fact I'm aiming to describe this odd girl’s typical day, she just never goes through what’s classified as normal. This one, in particular, happened to be that extra amount jankier.

She’s still home. She needed to have left the house over an hour ago. Unfortunately for Yzzy, she was entirely and truly unaware that this specific morning was completely pear-shaped; until she awoke, of course. She was laying in the bathtub, the stench of urine and other vile waste wafting into her poor, delicate nose. Ysella, being a councillor, isn’t exactly one to wake up unaware of where she is- she attends no parties on school nights and is in bed by ten, so as it would be for anyone else, this is an irregular situation for her to be in. She placed her hands onto the rim of the bathtub, bending her arms before hauling herself out. As she did so, her arms would quiver under the weight, mind you, she also had a killer headache to pile on top of the discomfort she was already in. She gently crawled out of the tub like a slinky, laying on the bathroom floor in agony. She clutched her head. A few heavy seconds dragged on before her phone began vibrating in her pocket. Buzz! Buzz! Her eyebrows began to bend inward as if they were worms, her face was ridden with frustration as she fished it out of her pocket. Her phone would display the time ‘7:25 am.’ She sat up rapidly, a little light-headed as she did so, stumbling on all fours to exit the room. To her satisfaction, she was in her own apartment, it shows she’s a little dense considering she didn’t notice it from her own bathroom - you must excuse her though, as she isn’t the brightest. After plenty of hobbling on hands and knees, she reached her room. Her first instinct was to fix the bird's nest on her head, so she grasped onto her ‘Dry Shampoo’ spraying it all over her hair, hastily. Before you could say ‘gross’ she had shoved her unwashed and greasy hair into a scrunchie, just barely holding up a revolting ponytail. She tugged out some ‘wispy’ pieces of hair to frame her fat face- she grimaced, deciding to herself that it was passable, as she shoved on the skirt, which was hanging off the back of her desk chair. For a girl described as a ‘goodie-two-shoes,’ that skirt was definitely at least an inch too short. She plunged her chubby arms into her button-up shirt, tucking it into the skirt, fiddling in a panic to do-up her shirt. Next, she grabbed her tie, the cheap polyester scratching along her nails as if she was running them down a blackboard. In her hurries, she managed to bunch up her tie in a severely unflattering, bulky position, although she had no choice but to dash off. She clonked down the stairs like an elephant, nabbing her ‘Barbie’ jacket off of the stair bannister, squeezing her feet into her shoes, skipping breakfast, and scampering out of the door.

Upon arriving at school, it was 8:13 am. A bad example for a councillor to be setting, as the gates opened at 7:30 am, nonetheless, she was there and that’s what truly came into play - no matter how much of a mess she very blatantly was. She aching in her mind had not faded one bit- but come to think of it, she was feeling a vast amount more lively than she was before. Other than her head, she could feel everybody's eyes burning into her back. With her, you can never truly be certain. But, from where I’m standing (and my views are probably more plausible than Ysella’s) it really did seem that everybody was watching her. Now, it’s useful to mention that Yzzy, whilst also being well behaved, is an utterly different person when out of school and with her friends- I suppose you could describe her as ‘weak,’ which was something that was then being described publicly to the whole campus. She crumbled to her knees and just simply began to wail. That seems like a peculiar turn for this to go, however that was who she was; there isn’t a passing day where she doesn’t find something to cry over. As it was, her sister, Avalon was to be found standing over her, scrunching her nose up in disgust at her little ‘melt-down.’
    Ava began to speak in a displeased tone, “Yzzy! Why are you crying again?”
    The collapsed mishmash on the floor proceeded to wrap her arms around Ava’s waist, pressing her tears and snot into her school-skirt.
    “Okay… gross. Sort it out, we have a lecture- oh, and don’t let Piper see you like this.”
    Piper, being the most poker-faced Councillor to walk the streets of Karakura was more than willing to have her opinions on Ysella’s continuous displays of emotions- hence why Piper seeing this would not be the most positive outcome. Ava was also not a fan of Piper, it could be for the reasons just described, although it was mostly about their personal lives. Ysella was swiftly hurried along by the touch of familiar hands on her hunched back. As it happens every day, her best friend Etsuko was there to soften down the situation. Yzzy is the type of girl to be very reliant on the ones she spent her time with, clearly as without them she wouldn’t have made it very far, as a matter of fact, it’s amazing she’s made it even to twenty! Once she had cooled-off, she took Etsuko’s hand and sheepishly walked to class, except this time everyone was undoubtedly glaring at her for the scene she just made.

They made their appearance at the lecture, a couple of minutes early to avoid latching onto any unwanted attention. She crept her way to the back of the classroom, sitting to the left of Avalon and Etsuko; the chair squeaked as her stout body rested on top. She placed her elbows firm on the table, resting her chin in the palm of her right hand - her right cheek, squashing against her fingers. Etsuko tapped her legs up and down, in an anxious manner. She shifted her weight as she did so, scratching the side of her nose with one finger, waiting for the lecture to start. Etsuko’s nervous habits made a rattling sound and her knee hit the underside of the desk, it sounded like a nail tapping on a hollow container (in other words, mildly irritating.) Etsuko snappily stopped once her peers began flooding in through the doors, and on that note, the lecture began. It was utterly dreary. The rambling waffled on for a draining hour and a half, she was in luck, however, as it was the only class she had of the day. Now, I won’t go on any further for your sanity, just know that if her morning was anything to go by, her days aren’t exactly very enjoyable. The terrible scenario of how she awoke is, shockingly, ‘average’ for such a dull girl.

The end of the school day rolled around, Ysella was heading back to the house her eyebrows furrowed as if to explain how exhausted she was. She plodded along like an angry dinosaur. Once she made it to the elevator, she reached for the floor numbers, her finger slipped on the button pad, prodding the button for the second floor - mind you, she lives on the first one. This was a very tiny thing, but it caused her to shed a single agitated tear. Yzzy grunted as she pressed the correct button. She arrived at her floor, waddling into the apartment. She began storming up the stairs, causing the wobbly wood to quiver, she leapt into bed, uniform on and all, and fell dead asleep. It had been a draining day but like she does every time, she made it. She’s never truly ready but needed this rest to prepare for the repeat the next day. Hopefully this time, it would be more organised.

Writing prompt #2
    Write a 300+ word essay on your character. Tell us about his/her history? What leads them to be the way they are?

On a rainy day in late October, Ysella Callie Ayumi cast her light upon the world. Although her light wasn’t being socially intelligent, she was academically smart, and in a good place. She grew up in Germany, after moving there when she was two; she picked up her parents’ British accents on her journey. Her mother was named Janet Ayumi, and her father was named William Ayumi- they raised their precious new addition to the family with lots of specific rules and firm ideas of parenting. If Ysella was crying, she would immediately be comforted. If Ysella wanted something from her parents, she would always get it no matter the circumstance. This, to her parents, was a perfect way to treat the light of their lives, however, (as you can imagine) this caused her to become very spoiled. It also led to Ysella being very sensitive, as she hadn’t grown a thicker skin. During her first day of nursery, another little girl named Tuesday refused to share the ‘letter blocks’ with Yzzy- she was devastated, although, she didn’t throw a tantrum as she would with her parents, instead she just sobbed in the playground. As it happened, Ysella was only needy with her parents, as they would usually give what she wanted, but with others she was submissive. In addition, she was a very loud and creative girl and wasn’t the ‘shy type’ around others, especially if she had any glimpse of the option to be obnoxious.

Once Ysella turned seven, she took part in her first sports club! She decided to join her local Volleyball-Team, and let me tell you, she was god-awful. Despite her efforts, she would get wound up and turn out weeping every time she tried to dip the ball, perhaps sports are a little rough on such a frail, yet chubby, girl. I could go on for hours about the tears shed over this game, but that wouldn’t be necessary, as I’m sure you can see the pitiful picture already. Next, at age ten, she went for football. This is again, is quite self-explanatory although here’s the scene: she would forget to put on her shin-pads, and a bunch of ‘Tom-Boy’ ten-year-old girls were definitely kicking in every direction- so she did experience plenty of pain in that department. Going off of that, she tripped one day on the ball, she tumbled and fell flat on her face. And, for the cherry on top, she got a nose-bleed and everybody there giggled at her misfortune, including the coach! Yzzy then swore to never try sports again, although that was definitely a good option for her, as she went into the arts where she belonged. Not only this, but she loved to write too. Ysella’s sudden switch into those subjects completely flipped her as a person, by the age of thirteen it was like she had her life planned out, yet she was naive to ponder on the rest of her life at such a young age.

Once she turned 14, her life took its third turn- which was definitely not the last. She was sent to Osaka, Japan to attend a boarding school where she had zero choices but to stay until she reached University. This was soul-shattering, as the boarding school was crowded with (in Ysella’s eyes) personality-less people who only cared about grades, this is not to say that Ysella didn’t like school - in fact, she was excelling in it, and adored it - but all she truly wanted was some friends with an engaging story to tell. Despite being emotionally weak, she had strong courage and strived on for 5 whole years, which felt agonisingly long. Once it was over, she was disgusted with her parents- they threw her in there, lamb to the slaughter and never even called. They drained the passion she had and they didn’t even bat an eyelid. On the 26th October 2019, Ysella turned nineteen years old and instantly snapped to write her College Application without a second to lose. She wrote a detailed and formal letter to the College Dean, in which he was delighted and thought he was in the right to accept her into College.

Ysella made a swift move. She stuffed her important belongings, and only the essentials, into her sickly bright pink suitcase and went off on her travels. She arrived in Karakura, Japan on 29th October 2019. She moved into a shared apartment with two amazing young girls, their names were Etsuko and Avalon- Ava was enrolled in college that year and Etsuko was in her last year of High School. Their lives were filled with exercise and activity, Ysella wasn’t the fittest and was always a little chubby, but they inspired her. They helped her get back the motivation and ‘spark’ that she had before she was sent to Osaka, she even broke her promise to herself that she would give up on sports. Ysella began to tryout for sports in College, except I’ll save you the disappointment and I won’t get your hopes up, she didn’t practice for years so obviously she didn’t get very far. Ysella, however, was always one to follow rules, especially when she was locked in that revolting boarding school for 5 years, she found that she wanted to apply to be a Councillor. To her delight, she was accepted and is currently enjoying every aspect of being on the Student Council - it was exactly what she dreamed it would be. Although she is such a sensitive girl, she finds her ways around it- especially with the like-minded council team she gets the honour of working alongside.

When enrolled in College, she joined the ‘Musical Theatre Club’ and the ‘Photography Club,’ both of which she believes she can channel to help her future. She also managed to get an Internship at the ‘Karakura News Department’ where she can write until her heart’s satisfied on topics revolving around the city she is so grateful that she could move to. Her plan for the future consists of a creative and interactive way of life, as she never wants to live in boredom the way she did before. She knows her way around a camera, writing scripts, acting and (her favourite) singing. Ysella plans to write films and television series’, she knows how to direct the movies because of her camera knowledge and acting skills. She could never see herself doing anything else in life. She has the potential and will do her friends proud.

Notes:
    Total Word Count: 3,500+
    Thank you for reading my Lore-Application! And thank you to my friends for giving me the motivation to try this again <3

• Winner Winner x 10
    • Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
  2. NukaRndz

NukaRndz United States Level 67

Local Time:
    9:03 AM
    PENDING
    Your application has currently been placed on Pending!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. NukaRndz

NukaRndz United States Level 67

Local Time:
    9:03 AM
    DENIED