players online

Piper Mawji's Council Application | Omegabet_

Omegabet_

Level 5
Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?:
Omegabet_
How old are you?:
17, though turning 18 in just over a week (22nd)
Any previous warns/kicks/bans?:
A few warns for meta when I first started playing the server.
What Country are you from?:
Canada
Do you have Discord (if so, what is your Discord username?):
Yes, moshill1#9771
Link(s) to any previous applications on the server?:
I applied to be college professor, though that was done through forum DMs with WiffyBanter, so I’m not 100% sure if you’d be able to see it since it’s not a post. That was accepted, though resigned/quit due to the role not being what I thought it was. I can provide screenshot(s) of the DMs if you need/want them!
Describe your activity on the server & on the forums?:
Im fairly active everyday on the server, when not busy with school stuff (ie homework, lessons, etc.) In regards to the forums, I am not very active on them as I personally find the discord(s) the server has to be more accessible and a better way to communicate.
Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Yes

Trivia

What is the Student Council?:
The student council is a body of students who collectively try to make the school environment more accessible and welcoming. They are asked by school administrators to assist in events. For example, they helped orchestrate the outdoor retreat a while ago.

What happens in the School Council?:
In the school council, the students which are apart of the council meet to discuss possible events or happenings they and other students might want to see. They talk about the logistics of running the event, what exactly they want to have happen, if they need to “recruit” other members of the school to help, etc. Similarly, they also discuss the present of the school; they discuss what has happened recently in the school and how to handle the negatives and promote the positives.

Do you prefer to work alone or in a group?:
Personally I prefer working alone with/taking feedback from others on what they think so far or what they think could be improved. I am fine working in groups, so long as everyone’s voices are heard equally with no bias. For example, the most popular student shouldn’t have only their opinion heard.

Do you have any experience in Roleplaying?:
I have a decent amount of experience roleplaying; all experience has been from playing on the server as a student and a few weeks as a college professor. I am still learning effective ways to roleplay, as many people do.

Roleplay Scenario

You are on the Student Council and the chairman submits an awful idea. What do you do?:
I would think of a way to maybe change it to make it better or more accessible. I, with the help of the other council members, would try and salvage the idea and make something that we are all happy with. Overall, I do not want anyone who pitches an idea, president or “regular” member, to feel bad. I want them to feel safe and content with throwing ideas out there and to be respected for their ideas.

You submit an idea - everyone hates it. How do you deal with the situation?:
I respect everyone’s opinion on my proposal. I would, likely after, ask for feedback on why people thought it wasn’t the best idea. At a later date, I would maybe try to re-propose the idea with adjustments made based on others’ feedback. If others didn’t have positive feedback on my idea, I would simply scrap it and try to come up with something new that the other members would like.

There is a split decision on an idea. The Councilors begin to debate if the idea should be accepted. As time goes on the debate turns into an argument! How do you handle the situation?:
I would try to get the derailed debate back into a orderly manner. To do so, I would try and figure out where the debate started to become an argument. For example, if the debate derailed due to a conflict of views on the issue, I’d remind those involved that the best way to decide things is professionally and maturely. From there, I would try to get everyone involved to take a small break away from the heat of the argument, so when we reconvened it would hopefully go smoother than the first time.

In-Character Information

Characters name:
Piper Nakamura Mawji (Piper N. Mawji)
Characters gender:
Female
Characters age:
What Student Council position are you applying for?:
A general member of the Council
Why do you want this position? :
I would like this position as I want to be able to contribute to the betterment of the campus, both high school and college. I feel this, as opposed to a club or the college athletics department, is the best way for me to do my part so to say. I personally do not find myself interested in trying out for cheer or any of the sports as I am not an athletic individual. I feel that my views on how people around us should be treated fits perfectly in the expectations of the council and the members who make it up. I, like many students, want to see changes at Karakura High and Karakura College for the better and want to be able to trust a group of students to hear their voices and act. I want to be apart of that group.

Extra

Any additional information you would like to add to your application?:
This is for College Council; I asked Millie (_miscellaneous) and she said/verified that it was ok for people to apply for college council, even though #4 on the post with this format said no to college council.
Also, I do not own a mic if that is necessary information. If there is ever a time the council would be in a call, I could give my input via dms to someone. :)
Do you have any questions?: Nope!

Users who are viewing this thread