N/A

What is your timezone?:
ACT - Australian Central Time

What is your discord username and discriminator (e.g. Tippie#6666):
bigussy#7119

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Yes, I acknowledge this consequence.

Describe your activity on the server & on the forums?:
As I have two accounts, I'd say I am fairly active on both the forums and the server., including the creative server. Although, you'll regularly find me on my main account due to my character on that account has a lot more connections and friends. Whilst I'm on my main, there is not much to do, therefore I decided to apply for a position so I can keep myself busy while on my alt account. Though! Due to my average quota which must be done, I'll be swapping between my accounts frequently, and maybe playing on my alt account, pledguilty, more than my main.

Balancing too accounts that both are fairly active can be difficult, although I am definitely willing to cut back on opportunities on my main to make more time for my alt account if I get accepted into faculty. If the case is that I don't have much time for my professor role, I will definitely stop whatever I am doing on my main, and swap all my attention to focus on getting my average quota on my soon to hopefully be professor account.

Now, talking about my forum activity.
I'd say I'm habitually active on forums, especially when I have applications that are in the waiting/pending process. I daily check applications to make sure I don't miss any recent notifications. Whilst playing SRP, I usually have the forums open in the background, and I frequently respond & go through other peoples applications. My level isn't very high, but as you can see I do have a lot of forum posts.

Being completely honest, most of my time on the forums would be spent looking at player written biographies as I found them super interesting, and I love that people tend to get creative and everybody styles them differently! Scrolling through my posts of the forums, you'll be able to see that I reply to lots of them.
Or I'll be spending my time customizing my profile as I can't seem to stick with a certain profile picture / style. It's honestly a bad habit, although, it keeps my activity on the forums up and it shows that I am frequently on the forums.

I'd also like to acknowledge my activity on the discord servers.
Discord is something I open and check frequently. I am very organized and am able to check and respond to any incoming dm's quite quickly, unless I am busy with stuff.
Though, you'll find I dont speak in many text channels, I do tend to scroll through them and have a look at what is going on in some of the channels and like to view what is being posted in the channels like #memes, #screenshots, etc. You'll find that I'm always online on discord and am able to answer any dm's like stated above.

How long have you played SchoolRP for?:
I've been a player on SRP for a while now. I can't trace the exact day I joined, although I know I've been a player for over a year. Recently, whilst scrolling on the forums I had obtained the "1 year" on the forums trophy. Although, I had been playing SRP before I registered this account on the forums.

I've attended many events and have gotten to know the server thoroughly. My experience on the server has been quite crazy, joining families, participating in events, joining sports teams and clubs. I think I've been through it all but being a professor as well as some other city jobs. Though, you'll find in my time playing SRP I was once apart of faculty a while ago, as a teacher. Though, most of the high schoolers misbehaved making it really frustrating to be a teacher. I hope the Professor position will find me differently as those who are in college are supposed to be mature and can be punished for their actions.

Link(s) to any previous applications on the server?:
Korean Re-Application | Accepted
French Application | Accepted
Apartment Bug Fixes | Accepted
Chemistry Teacher | Accepted

Build Team | Denied
Korean Application | Denied

Shop Application | Un-reviewed
Build Team | Un-reviewed

Current Role/Degree/Grade on SchoolRP?:
Main account : [Grade-12] Freya Kjaer
Alt account (the account applying for this position.) : [Grade-11] Jahnu Aliyu

Trivia

What is your motivation for becoming a Professor?:

I have stated my reason why I'd like to become a professor in my activity, although it wasn't very detailed. Allow me to remind you;
A while back, I had found myself obtaining the teacher role and was very excited once I had found out I was accepted to become a teacher although it wasn't as I expected. Respectfully, it was utter chaos. Most of the high school students that had attended my classes were trolls & green tags that had no experience with role-play what so ever. It was frustrating telling them & repeating them what they had to do and what they should be doing. Of course, they didn't listen and almost every icly day I was staying back to hold detentions for those who were misbehaving. I couldn't really ignore it as those were all my classes consisted of. I have found becoming a professor may be different as those students that will be attending my classes will have proper knowledge and experience with role play as they'll be in college. Meaning they would've had to take an exam. This means I can actually do the job I was looking forward last time.

Why a Professor?
Great question! I've been included in sport teams, clubs, and most other school activities, though I realized I've never really had an adult role before and I've never gotten the chance to take on the responsibility as somebody who was mature enough to consistently do the right thing and perhaps guide others. Trust me, I have looked into applying for KPD and EMS, though I had realized KPD is a lot of pressure and I really cannot take that amount, and whilst looking forward to apply for EMS, I had completely missed the memo that applications were open as I was on holiday, and missed the chance to apply. I had an application for becoming a shopkeeper though after waiting for around nearly a month I lost motivation to open a store, so I had removed my application and decided I want to become a professor. Though, you might be thinking .. what sparked this sudden interest? The other day, I was minding my business when I realized there was a college class that had just begun, there wasn't many students so I respectfully asked to participate in the college class and got the green light. Whilst being apart of the college class, I had a great experience with the other college students and liked the way the professor was teaching us. It sparked a sudden interest and now I am here applying. If I'm going to be honest, I do kind of miss the responsibility of taking control of a class and teaching others. Yes, my last experience with this was very chaotic but once I settle in as a professor and get to actually teach those who attend my classes, I'm sure I will have a great role-play experience.

What are the classroom logs and why is it important?:
Based off my general knowledge, a classroom log is a form which you would have to fill out after each class / prior each class. These are to show the Dean that you are hosting classes and are working your way up to your average quota. I some-what remember the logs I had to fill out whilst I was a teacher, and I had to fill out what periods I was hosting a class in and what I was teaching. It was a good reminder and a great way to stay organised instead of messily hosting random classes.
Before class:
IGN:
PERIODS OF CLASSES:
SUBJECT:
ROOM:

________

After class:
IGN:
STUDENT ATTENDANCE:
SUBJECT:

ROOM:
CURRENT QUOTA:

This is what I remember it to be as, though I may be wrong.

As a Professor, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:

1. No vandalism
Making deliberate damage to objects are not allowed on any grounds in the classroom.

2. Respect others, and your teacher
Respect is very important in a class-room. Listen to your peers and your teachers.

3. Only speaking Japanese
In class its Japanese only, this way the teacher can know you're not plotting something dangerous, or insulting others.

4. No weaponry, or crime in the class
This shouldn't even be at school let alone the class-room.

5. No phones or gadgets
In the class-room, a phone or gadget shouldn't be needed. It distracts the students from the learning.

6. No Eating In Class
No food in the class-room, it's a distraction and it gets the class-room messy.

Summarize your previous RP experience's (both in general and on SchoolRP):
Role-play has been a big part of my life if I'm going to be completely honest. I had fallen in love with the idea of stepping into a characters shoes and taking on their personality ever since I was little. I enjoyed the idea of it so much as I found it fun to be a whole new person and have different interests and dislikes.

Feel free to bully me for this but my role-play journey had began on Roblox a while back, beginning my role-play experience on well known games like 'Bloxburg' and 'Robloxian High-school' where I soon migrated to minecraft. I had just been role-playing with a few friends of mine which are quite familiar faces on SRP nowadays. Whilst searching for servers where I could roleplay on, I stumbled across SchoolRP and found the plugins that were included on the server very fascinating, and decided to take on my very first character. Ever since then I have been a frequently active player on SRP, taking on many different characters and roles.

One of my bigger roles that I took on to begin with was becoming apart of faculty as a teacher, you've heard this story a million times in this application, but I'll say it once again. My experience being a teacher was dreadful. My classes only consisted green-tags with no role-play experience and trollers. They would not cooperate nor listen. I was told to ignore them for a long amount, but it was basically impossible as those were all my classes consisted of. I spent most of my icly days staying back to host detentions for these students.

Another role that I took on which was quite recent was being on the basketball team! I had a great experience and improved a lot whilst being on the team. I even got a chance to participate in the Summer tournaments. Sadly, I had a really bad experience as throughout the only game my team played I almost crashed due to being on 5 - 15 fps the entirety of the match. I learnt a lot of skills while being on the team too, like communication and organisation. I learned how to manage my timezone in a way that will benefit not only me but my peers.

College-Professor Knowledge

Please show your knowledge of College-Professors. What are the tasks a College-Professor has to complete, What is a College-Professor's salary?

A College-Professor is similar to a teacher. Their job is to educate the students that attend their classes on the subject they teach. These College-Professors are usually the more mature and sophisticated ones instead of being your fun, young teacher. They're to act strictly professional as they are representing the College whilst on school grounds and even around the city. Professors have a monthly quota of 15 classes. Completing these 15 classes will reward them with a paycheck of ¥450,00, although completing an additional 10 classes will lead to a higher paycheck of ¥50,000. In total, completing the 25 classes in the month means you'll be rewarded with ¥500,000.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he/she look like? What makes him/her unique and different? What is his/her outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his/her personality like? What is his/her plan for the future?

Taiyo is quite a wise individual. She has her opinions on many things, whether these are really unique opinions or they're just outrageous. It's safe to say Taiyo is an individualist, never needing anybodies help unless she asks for it. Her bubbly personality makes her approachable, she doesn't care what others think! She paves her own path, and to her she wants to stand out and make a difference instead of hiding in the shadows of those who are fake. Taiyo has a very strong opinion that everybody is unique and we all stand out. She also believes that students should all be treated equally. Taiyo doesn't dislike particular students, she just dislikes their behavior.
"Why blend in .. when you're born to stand out?"

Taiyo has short dark brown hair with a matching set of dark brown eyes. Her skin was quite tan, which was unusual for a Japanese woman, huh? Along with this, she stood at a height of 5'4, around the average height of a woman in Karakura. Although she was petite, she was still feisty .. in a good way. She only used her negative traits when they must be put to use like handling delinquent kids,
etcetera.

Scenarios

You find a group of sport-team members screaming and shouting in the halls, What do you do?

I would walk up to them, definitely not expecting them to listen to a word I say as they are jocks. I'd calmly and respectfully ask them to refrain from their behavior, and give them a warning. Though, if their reason is suitable, I'd let it slide, and have them promise for it not to happen again. Although, if this behavior continues, they'll be threatened with detention, reminding them that it stays on your permanent record. As they are noticeably jocks, I'd also continue to remind them that they'll be letting their captains know and that they might have a chance of being kicked off the team.

A College-Student is disturbing the class and won’t listen to a word you’re saying, What do you do?
My character would try and figure out the best way to get them to listen without stopping the entire class. Once having figured out a method to get their attention, my character would go up to them and ask respectfully for their attention, giving them a maximum of three warnings to stop before they'll be given detention. Constantly reminding them that disturbing the class is not okay and it is a valid reason to be punished. Though, if they continue to not listen after being given detention, I'll have them do extra work, or I will lower their grade for any upcoming tests as a punishment for misbehavior.

Provide at least 3 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me
Taiyo's fingers wrapped around the text-book, carefully reading each word that was written on the page. As Taiyo began to draw a tick next to one of the correct answers, she heard a slight noise. Looking up she saw a young individual, with a bright smile plastered onto their face. Taiyo gave them an inviting smile, gently taking the book from the students hand. "Thank you, dear." Before the student was about to walk off, Taiyo quickly remembered, "Oh-! Was your name on that?" Taiyo asked, as the student shook their head, and replied with "no," Taiyo soon handed the book back to the student. "Please write your name on it, dear."

/me As many students entered the classroom, Taiyo began to wave at them with an approachable smile. Taiyo's eyes tracked the group of students that walked in towards the desks, clasping her hands together. "Welcome all! We'll just wait a minute or too for some more students to get here then we'll jump into the lesson!" Taiyo turned around, walking towards her desk. She leaned over, looking at the papers that sat on her desk. Taiyo began counting the amount of copies of the papers, looking up to find more students flowing into the classroom. "Oh! Alright, this is many of you. Wasn't expecting this many." She chuckled.

/me Taiyo quietly coughed into her elbow. "A-Alright class .. I'm feeling quite unwell today so please don't make me raise my voice. Sadly, it's test time." As she class groaned, she gave the class an emphatic smile. "I know .. I know. But you guys have to do it to have a bright future." She walked over to her desk, picking up the many amounts of books on her desk. She began to walk around the classroom, handing out the many books to her students.

Backstory
Taiyo Nyúmjin was born on the 7th of March 1978 in Karakura, Japan. She was raised with her two siblings, Jahnu and Aditya. Jahnu and Aditya were Taiyo's older brothers, always causing trouble and havoc around the house. Most of the times Taiyo would have to clean up after her brothers just so when their parents came home they weren't going to given any trouble. Taiyo's parents both worked a nine-to-five job, in and out of the office. The only time Taiyo would really see her parents would be on weekends, and during the night. With this, Taiyo felt very alone. Yes, she had her two older brothers but they didn't entirely care for Taiyo. They'd more make fun of her, and push her around as she was both the youngest sibling & female. Though, once Taiyo was enrolled in elementary school she had a great time, she was making friends left and right as her personality was very bubbly and opening. She accepted practically anybody, no matter their race, gender, identity or religion. As long as she had somebody to trust, she was fine. Simply, Taiyo was thriving through school, her grades were phenomenal for such a young age she was very good science. Where she continued to per sue her passion with Social Sciences in high school when she was able to pick her subjects. Taiyo felt as if school was a safe place as everybody around her basically liked her .. yes she did have a few enemies here and there but they were over simple arguments. Whilst growing up, Taiyo realised that being every bodies favorite isn't the best thing, as all Taiyo wanted to do was help, and give. She grew up with lots of things, although her parents weren't one of them. Due to this, all she wants to do is give the attention to other people as that is what she didn't get. She understands the pain of being ignored and pushed around. She didn't want other children to feel that way. Luckily, during Taiyo's last year of highschool, she landed a job at a well known place in Karakura, the 11/7. Working a few hours on weekends and after school. She was able to get an affordable paycheck to help her parents with the rent and meals as they were at work all the time and didn't have time to buy and prepare meals. Back to her high school life, Taiyo ended up graduating the top of her class. She had realized she can really per sue her dreams of being a sociologist. After being accepted into college Taiyo still continued to study science! Wow! Honestly, I would get bored of science if I did it for that long. Though, Taiyo attended her first college class and fell in love with the way the teacher was teaching the class, she realized the opportunity she could have if she decided to become a Social Science Professor. Not only would she be studying and continuing her favorite thing, science, but she would also be helping others. Educating and providing students with the learning they need. Taiyo survived through college, wooo! Her college experience wasnt too different from her high school experience. Always being around people that like her and blocking out the many toxic people in her life. All she wanted was a couple good friends she could trust and she finally found her people whilst attending college. Her passion for becoming a Social Science Professor continued to spark so she decided to take the chance! Going in for the job interview .. who knows what happened next.

In-Character Information

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name:

Taiyo Nyúmjin

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):
Miss Nyúmjin

Given Name(s):
Taiyo

Preferred Name:
Miss Nyúmjin

Religious Denomination:
Shintonism

Marital Status:
Single

Nationality:
Japanese

Current Location:
Karakura, Japan

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years):

12 years of experience.

Working Experience (# of years):
23 years of experience.

Academic Degree:
Masters, Anthropology

Year of Graduation:

Major(s):
Psychology
Statistics

Minors:
Political Science

Native Languages:
Japanese

Other Languages:
N/A

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?:
Unfortunately not.

Preferred Teaching Subject:
Social Science | Sociology

Oops! Look like this is the end..

Last edited:

Tippie

Level 169
Senior Admin
College Sports Lead
Event Coordinator
Tippieeeeeeee
Tippieeeeeeee
Fundraiser+
Accepted
Welcome to the professor faction, the roles in-game & in discord will be given out shortly, more information about what's next will be provided in the #college-staff-chat channel. If you're not in the KA discord yet, join it via this link: https://discord.gg/wcAdvrRP

Users who are viewing this thread