Shinsei Seinaru Monastery Staff Application

Out-Of-Character (OOC) Information

IGN:
PoetRini

DISCORD TAG: ColdCat#2889

PREVIOUS BANS: None

DO YOU HAVE A WORKING MICROPHONE FOR DISCORD CALLS: Yes

POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR: Shrine Maiden

DESCRIBE YOUR ACTIVITY ON THE SERVER: I log in from 4 pm to 6 pm but on weekends just any time.

WHAT KNOWLEDGE DO YOU CURRENTLY HAVE OF SHINTOISM AND ARE YOU PREPARED TO LEARN ABOUT THE RELIGION?
My knowledge of Shintoism is very low but I'll try my best to learn more about Shintoism in school (real life) I got to learn about
Asia and one of them is Japan, where Shintoism originated from and it's one of the oldest Asian religion; they worship invisible spiritual
beings and is called "kami"

WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT FOR THIS ROLE OVER OTHER APPLICANTS?
I'm a very hardworking person I make sure I do everything I'm asked to do and pass them before deadlines
while doing I make sure I enjoy the process of working hard, I make sure I communicate with my coworkers I try my
best to help them with any problems they will encounter.

In-Character Information

FULL NAME: Valentina Ryder

WHAT IS YOUR AGE?: 15

WHY ARE YOU APPLYING TO WORK AT THE MONASTERY?:

I'm applying to work at the Monastery as I love its structure and nature I find it peaceful and refreshing
due to my being busy with school it's a nice place where you can relax, I'll love to learn more about Shintoism
because my pieces of knowledge about it are still very low I want to learn how to worship.

TELL ME WHAT HISTORY AND INFORMATION YOU KNOW ABOUT SHINSEI SEINARU MONASTERY:

TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF:

I was born in London, England
My mom is French while my dad is British
Growing up I got to experience more of my dad's side as my mother is a very busy woman
she still makes sure that we get very much quality time with each other as a family eventually
My mom and dad decided that I will move to Japan for now with my Grandma and Grandpa (retired and former geologists) I'm
still trying to learn Japanese and its culture and so far so good I'm Enjoying It!

LETTER TO THE MONASTERY LEAD:

Knowledge Section

What are the steps before entering the Shrine?

Before entering the Shrine you have to bow as it is respectful and you must behave when you're
visiting a shrine because it's a sacred place, you will toss a coin in the offering box, ring the bell
2 or 3 times to tell the deity you have arrived, bow 90 degrees and clap 3 times.

How are rituals to a Kami performed?
Firstly, they bow to the shrine to show adoration, opening the sanctuary, presenting food offerings (except meat), Prayers
Music and dance, Offerings (sacred ones), the closing of the sanctuary, final adoration (bowing), and lastly
Ceremonial.

What is the job of a Shinto Priest and Maiden?
The job of a Shinto Priest is to perform ceremonies and is responsible for maintaining the shrine/keeping the shrine safe
from any harm, for Maidens' job is to assist the Shinto Priest in ceremonies and for the shrine.

If someone wishes to receive a rite of passage for their child, how do you proceed?:
The child will visit after birth which is 30-100 days to initiate the baby to be a new adherent
The Shichi-go-san festival, which takes place on November 15, is an opportunity for boys and girls aged 5 to 7 to pay their respects to the kami and pray for their healthy development, and by the time they turn 20, they will do another ritual.

Someone comes to the shrine and asks for information about Shintoism, what can you respond to them with using your knowledge about the religion?:
I'll give them a quick but comprehensive overview of Shintoism! I'll tell them that in this religion, there is no such thing as right or wrong because no one is perfect, and humans are supposed to be good, with evil generated by evil spirits.

(OPTIONAL) Based on your character; which other Kami would they worship?
tenjin.

Last edited:

TaxEvasionFraud

Level 37
TaxEvasionFraud
TaxEvasionFraud
Notable
[ DENIED ]
──────────────────────────────────
The Monastery team have decided to deny this application
- - - -
You are able re-apply again at any point in the future but as of current, we have filled up all Maiden slots
Thank you for applying and putting in the effort, from the bottom of my heart, and we hope to see you again in the future!

Any questions can be forwarded to my DMs, Reinahx#0069
──────────────────────────────────​

Users who are viewing this thread