Denied pokepuffs I Event Team Application

rinis

Level 101
rinis
rinis
Omega
IGN: pokepuffs

Explain your activity on the Server:
I joined the server not to long ago simply out of curiosity. What started out as a simply just checking things out became a daily, hours on end thing. Since joining the server I'm on for at least one to several hours a day, from getting on just to talk to friends or to get involved with an event. I currently host the Gardening Club and I try my best to keep that active and running which just doing gardening things around the school to getting into call meetings to talk about event plans we could have and possibly submit. I have a pretty flexible schedule or can easily make do with whats given to me. I'm always reachable on discord no matter what time of day unless I'm asleep of course! Other than that most of my day is spent being active on the server and doing my best to better my roleplaying!

What previous experience do you have working in a team?:
If in real life experience counts, I did work with kids at a daycare for roughly 4 years. Due to the small age group of the kids I did have to work with one to two more staff to keep things in line. Daily life in this included keeping the kids busy and active and making sure us as the staff worked together to make sure things ran smoothly. This could even go into how I worked with the kids, a lot of the time we would have group activities and I would have to lead groups of 10-20 kids easily in games. Having to work with them and keep their mind on track was a struggle but if it wasn't for my other staff helping me, Id be at a lose.

Server wise, I helped run a family my friend created and I currently am the owner of the Gardening Club. Working with the club I try really hard to keep everyone close and working together to help create future events we can hopefully hold at the school. I try to keep meetings weekly to biweekly (this started monthly but we wanted more activity) to make sure everyones voice is heard and their idea is taken, discussed and turned into something we can maybe work with. We strive to make sure everyone gets along and making sure everyone stays on track within the team. Currently, Im also trying to apply for a position on the council which I hope to get and be able to work with them in helping with events around the school. I got accepted into council~!

What makes you different from other applicants:
I believe what makes me different from other applicants would be for some of my activity on the server. As I stated before I run the Gardening Club and even though we've been a club for about a month, we've already submitted our first event. During this time of trying to create the event, my co-owner and I reached out oocly to council leaders to help with tips and even constructive criticism on the events we had made. I feel with that I've shown a lot of potential when it comes to creating events and learning exactly what the server is looking for. I'm willing to step out of my comfort zones to ask for criticism and even at time guidance. I already have begun putting my foot in the door when it comes to events with the Gardening Club so at the current moment I have a pretty good grip on how creating events goes and what things are looked for.

Due to having jobs outside of the server, I tend to have a strong work ethic. Knowing how to get a job down and how to make sure things are done properly and have no fear in picking myself back up when things don't work out. I understand and enjoy the ideas of working with a group, working with a team makes jobs much easier cause its putting more than one head together to come up with an idea maybe someone couldn't do alone. I have the knowledge of what its like to work with a team in a serious setting due to my job. Working with kids is never an easy task and with each day I had to have a new idea for them to do whether it be a new craft or a new game for them to all get involved in. I was paid to keep kids on their feet and active and it was my job to make sure they were entertained.

I'm always trying to push my creativity and always looking for more ways to do that. I know in this app I've talked a lot about my Gardening Club, I'm just excited to see where I can get it to go, but I enjoy making events for that as it is. I would love to get my foot in the door to try to get more involved on the server and help create events everyone can enjoy with a team of others who enjoy the server as much as I do!

Provide a detailed event proposal that would be seen by the Event-Team

Japanese Night Festival

Summary:

Since joining the server and getting more involved I would love to see more Japanese culture involved in the server. One idea I have is a tradition Japanese Festival. This could be held in the Shopping District or even the forest if we decided. Shops can server things such as food and small gifts, hosting booths along the shopping district. This festival would be held at night and would be decorated in lanterns tapestries and gilded wood carvings. This festivals main event would be a firework show at the end of the evening wrapping up the night together as a whole. This event is to try to bring in a more Japanese tie and feel to the server.

Details:
Japanese Festivals are very popular in Japan and for a very anime populated server I think it would fall in nicely. The setting, in this situation, would be the Shopping District. The stores would have set up booths in wood decor and lanterns selling small treats or gifts for the passing customers of the festival. Traditional Japanese treats like dangos, teas, and onigiri would be sold and would try to keep a very Japanese feel to the festival itself if we could even extend this to what items are sold at each stand. Decorations for the event would be very traditional in the sense of getting light from lanterns and keeping to wood textures and blocks for decorating.

As for attire for the festival; free dress would be allowed since it is an open to the public event but tradition clothing would be preferred such as a kimono. It would give the members of the server a chance to break from the norm of a formal dress and fashion to expand into something traditional to the Country Karakura is held in.

On one side of the shopping district would hold a small stage for local up-coming bands to come and preform even have some come up on the stage to show off talents. A stage to hold entertainment for the passing by to stop and dance or watch with excitement with friends and family. On the other end would sit a few booths and things for games. Games would have small prizes in the end whether this be small plushies or cash prizes.

Two game ideas that could be held at this event could be a traditional Japanese game of Senbon biki. Senbon biki is a game of chance where players pull long pieces of strings attached to prizes and treats. A player can simply roll 1 out of 3 and whatever the number is called represents the prize they can receive or lose the game all together. Another game could be an old fashion scavenger hunt. Players are giving a small list of 10-15 items, in groups of 3-4 players will have to find something similar to the items listed. Example: something red so a player would bring back a ruby. The first to bring back something for each item on the list that matches correctly will receive a item or cash prize for each member of the team!

At the end of the night people can be directed to pay their respects at the shrine on top of the mountain, giving prayers or anything they see fit as long as they respect the ground. This is not a mandatory thing but something can can be announced before the firework show. This would be great since it would bring lots of needed attention to the newly and lovely decorated shine on the mountain. After a few moments of respect those can turn to face the sky to watch a firework show to end the evening.

------

Thank you so much for considering me!

Last edited:

WiffyBanter

Level 143
KirikoM
KirikoM
Omega
DENIED

- Thank you for applying, but the team has decided to deny your application. Feel free to apply again when a slot is open.​

Users who are viewing this thread