PREVIOUS BANS:
No

DO YOU HAVE A WORKING MICROPHONE FOR DISCORD CALLS:

Yes I do

POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR:

Monastery Preist

DESCRIBE YOUR ACTIVITY ON THE SERVER:

My activity usually goes to 8am-9pm, during these times
I’m mostly on my second alt vnhkc this account I’m applying on is new, most of the time I’m either finding ways to improve my RP skills in terms of detailrp and mostly lore-based situations or sometimes I’m off trying to improve my 3D modeling skills as I’m planning to apply for the role in the future

WHAT KNOWLEDGE DO YOU CURRENTLY HAVE OF SHINTOISM AND ARE YOU PREPARED TO LEARN ABOUT THE RELIGION?

I dont much about Shintoism other than it was originated in Japan and is used to worship ancestors along with nature spirits but I am looking forward to learning about the religion more because it seems very interesting, and I’m looking to drive a little more lore-based roleplayers to the religion like myself and try to make it more popular among the server

WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT FOR THIS ROLE OVER OTHER APPLICANTS?

I feel like I deserve this position so I can not only learn but also teach about this
Religion for when I decide to apply for a different role in the future, and like my brother who recommended me the position can bring great activity because I believe I fit most time zones on the server and feel like I can maybe add to the shrine’s lore as I’m a heavily lore-based person and would love
to expand my knowledge on the server's lore through IC means than OOC

In-Character Information

FULL NAME:

Gin Naoki

WHAT IS YOUR AGE?:

WHY ARE YOU APPLYING TO WORK AT THE MONASTERY?:

I am a person that loves nature a lot and The link between the kami and the natural world makes me want to get involved more with it and learn everything about Shintoism and learn more about Japanese culture and also help people understand more and why its important ima big person in helping others I love nature also and how the monastery is surrounded by it makes me love it more and I would love to help out the shrine maidens thereby becoming one myself I feel like I would change a lot by becoming a shrine maiden personality-wise I always visit the Shrien to have tea with one of the shrine maidens and wish I could stay there forever because it’s so peaceful and I want to experience that peaceful all the time

TELL ME WHAT HISTORY AND INFORMATION YOU KNOW ABOUT SHINSEI SEINARU MONASTERY:

from what i learned from one of the maidens at the shrine is that the monastery once burnt down by one of its final priests. In early 2004, except for one the original shrine it currently stands as the current highest structure within the grounds and closest to the kami which was for the Yama-No-Karim the monastery was built before civilization and was still popular for pilgrims and acolytes approaching the modern age during the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries would the monastery have lost interest from its citizens the nature surrounding this site was plowed and taken down for civilization to grow It is rumored that, due to the previous fire, many gods that had resided in that monastery had fled, leaving a single god They grew irritated by their loneliness- angry that the shrine was left to ruin, and began to wreak havoc over Karakura

TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF:
Gin is a calm and collective man that's always in a joyful mood and is
always up to comfort others when they need it tends to give out compliments a person for their smallest features
and enjoys the sight of nature and also sake

LETTER TO THE MONASTERY LEAD:

Hello monastery lead would love the opportunity to work at the monastery as a shrine maiden because I feel like I would really enjoy the peacefulness of the area and also help out the other shrine staff and help others learn about it I’m a person that loves nature a lot and would love that I get accepted into the shrine as a Miko and how important it is to Japanese culture

Knowledge Section

What are the steps before entering the shrine?

Upon walking up the mountain; you’ll be greeted with multiple honorary gateways. These are also known as “Torii” and you must bow to each one. After this, you will be greeted by a “Temizuya”, which is a fountain provided for you to purify yourself before worshipping. To properly cleanse before entering, you would pick up a wooden ladle with your left hand, scooping water and pouring it onto your right. You would repeat this step with your other hand, washing your left hand before pouring water into your mouth. Spitting the remainder of the water onto the rocks below, you would use the ladle to rinse itself by tilting it up and spilling it over your right hand again with its own handle.

How are rituals to a Kami performed?

there are many ways to perform rituals to the kami the most common way is visitors to a Shinto shrine follow a purification ritual before presenting themselves to the kami.
the rituals insist on a visitor washing their hands swallowing after and after that spitting a small amount of water in front of the shrine to purify the body, heart, and mind.

What is the job of a Shinto Priest and Maiden?

as far i learned from the Miko's at the shrine they do simple tasks such as:​
  • Performing either Miko-mai or other Kagura dances​
  • Tending to vegetation/agriculture around the Shrine​
  • Assisting purification rituals & prayers​

As for the priests
  • Interacting with the public about Shintoism​
  • Leading/assisting purification rituals​
  • Participating/learning religious arts such as Kabuki or noh​

Someone wishes to receive a rite of passage for their child, how do you proceed?:

i asked one of the shrine maidens and this is what they told me

" the most common way is I would tell them what the procedure would be, then informing them to bring the baby back after a month, 31 days for a boy, and 33 for a girl. When the date came, I would then wish the baby a life of happiness and health."

Someone comes to the shrine and asks for information about Shintoism, what can you respond to them with using your own knowledge about the religion?:

One of the shrine maidens gave as some information and i watched how she did so I would go about it as i would tell them what Shintoism is before telling them the history of the monastery and how it burnt down and such

What is the name of the Kami that resides at the Monastery?

The Yama-no-Kami is the god that resides

Note:
I interviewed one of the shrine maidens so I got some of the answers from them

rinis

Level 101
rinis
rinis
Omega
DENIED
You application has been denied for the following reasons:
- Blatant plagiarizing from a document you should not have access too
- Failure to take the application seriously; making sure the application is filled out to the best of your ability
- Making sure you have read the rules for applying

You may reapply in 30 days, if you reapply with similar issues you will be blacklisted from applying​

Users who are viewing this thread