Police Officer Application // martiiina

martina

Level 1
REGULAR KARAKURA POLICE DEPARTMENT POLICE OFFICER APPLICATION

Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

(IGN (In-Game Name):

My current IGN is martiiina.

Previous bans:

Unfortunately, I have been banned twice before. The first time was during the middle of 2017 for 'exceeding my warning limit'. Most of these warnings were for Meta-Gaming or FailRP, however, back then I was not aware of the rules and I was new to roleplay. Since then, I have learned from my mistakes and gained experience. I can say with full confidence that I will never make the same ones again.

The second time was for 'staff disrespect' and that was in early 2019. The whole thing was a misunderstanding and it will not happen again. I admittedly said things that I meant as a 'joke' and I have come to terms and realized my faults and accepted what I did was out of line. I really hope that this can be looked past!

Describe your activity on the server:

Being a member of the server for almost four years, it is safe to say I am quite active. My most active timings are in the evenings, especially on weekends. I usually play for around 2-5 hours depending on the amount of work I have to complete for school and the times I finish work, all depending on my school day. I admit that I have become more inactive during random periods of time, especially over this third lockdown, but that’s only because I’m already an adult in-game and there is not much to do besides run around. If I were to get this role, I will ensure that I am active as much as possible as it will give me motivation and a reason to log on. I will maintain a much more frequent activity status than what I currently have!

Which timezone are you in?

Normally I am in Greenwich Mean Time (GMT), however, during Spring and Summer months I am in Central European Standard Time (CET).

Do you have Discord?

Yes, I do. My tag is martina.#3297, my DMS are always open.

Do you have a microphone [Obligatory]:

Yes, I do have a microphone and I’m happy to speak whenever needed.

List your current and past applications:

[ACCEPTED] School Janitor App
[ACCEPTED] Teaching Assistant App
[ACCEPTED] Korean Language App
[ACCEPTED] Italian Language App
[ACCEPTED] German Language App

What is your motivation for applying?:

My first and main reason for wanting to apply for KPD is because of my real-life situation. One of my family members works as a police officer and even though I understand that becoming an officer on a Minecraft server is absolutely nowhere near as daunting or dangerous as it is in real life, but I think it would help me gain a better understanding so that I can relate to said family member and try to understand more about the job itself.

Even though this is a small reason, I still think it's worth mentioning that I'm very into true crime and of course, cops are related to that and I am interested to see some of the processes translated into roleplay.

Another reason, much like everyone else applying, is because I want the experience. I have worked in the school, as an adult, in restaurants, and as a student, however, I have never tried the political, ethical side of things. Gaining this role will enable me to have tried every aspect of SchoolRP which I think would be very cool!

Last but not least, after seeing the KPD rping, I have decided that it looks like a fun role to play. CopRP and MedicalRP have always been some of the most popular aspects of the server, and I think they are the roles that really complete SchoolRP. I have heard many good things about CopRP and I really would like to try it out for myself and make a judgment on whether it’s enjoyable. All of the officers seem super friendly and I think it looks to be a good, small group to be a part of in the SRP community.

Do you understand Japanese Laws and Basic Conduct?

I have studied and understood the Japanese Laws and Basic Conduct, though I have not memorized it; I am willing to learn it by memory if needed.

What are the Police ranks?

Regular Branch
(In order of lowest to highest)

Police Cadet:
Police Cadets! Your job as a Cadet is to train physically and mentally in order to learn and gain experience in the police world. This happens so that you can excel ranks and move up to the next tier, though this can only happen after passing your exam!

Patrol Officer:
A Patrol Officer is the second rank after Police Cadets. Your job here is to run around the city to clean it of minor or possibly major crimes in order to keep the city a happy, safe place.

Police Corporal:
A Police Corporal's job is similar to a Patrol Officers, only you are now in more demand. This means that you are now able to train Police Cadets.

Police Sergeant:
A Sergeant is there to supervise the lower ranks by answering queries they may have whilst also making sure the Corporal is doing their job correctly and efficiently.

Police Lieutenant:
The Lieutenant is reaching the higher rankings. They are to watch over all of the lower tiers.

Vice-Head Lieutenant:
This role is where decisions are starting to be made. They have the ability to make choices and if needed, step into Head Lieutenant's place if they are unavailable.

Head Lieutenant:
Head lieutenant is second from the top, hence they are second in command. They make decisions for the group.

Police Commissioner:
Commissioner is the highest rank and therefore the ‘boss’. Their role is to oversee the force and make decisions/final choices.

Detective Branch
(In order of lowest to highest)

Detective Constable:
The detective constable must undergo a series of training sessions in order to get their detective skill to their maximum. They need to prove their worth to the division and undergo multiple examinations until they can excel.

Detective Inspector:

This role is responsible for training the detectives and gathering key evidence and solid proof to help find the solution or conclusion to current cases.

Detective Chief Inspector:
Detective Chief Inspectors have permission to enclose and track criminals. They also have permission to question and interrogate suspects. Watch over lower ranks to make sure that they are doing their jobs correctly.

Detective Superintendent:
Detective Superintendent is the highest detective rank. They watch over other detectives and make sure they are in line whilst also working behind closed doors in order to track down their unsuspecting criminals.

What knowledge do you have of Police Work?

I have quite a lot of knowledge of police in person seeing as I have someone in real life to talk to and gain their experiences. I also watch a lot of true crime so I have gathered and maintained information from watching hours upon hours of investigations, however, when it comes to roleplaying an officer. I have never tried going into this area of roleplay so it's all new to me! I really really want to learn from this and gain knowledge of Police work. When it comes to technical things such as color codes and radio numbers, that's where I draw a blank. However, this interests me and I would love to learn more about it and how it works.

Other than that, I understand the roles of the police officers from watching them work over my past four years on the server. Their job varies from raiding bases, disarming criminals, and busting dangerous gangs to patting down suspicious civilians and getting people off the road. The role itself takes someone who is very patient and efficient when working in teams. Lots of training is needed so that mistakes are not made when dealing with crimes that could end in consequences or penalties.

Why is Police important to SchoolRP?

Police have an important role in SchoolRP because they keep things ethical and safe. Safety of the citizens is their topmost priority and it is and should be one of the main motives for officers. The officers keep the balance between school and crime. They make sure that crime rates do not get too high and maintain peace around Karakura. Without them, the compulsory orders and laws created to help society function would collapse and lead to complete and utter chaos.

This role is also very important because it prevents too many gangs from forming. If this were to happen, it would become quite tedious for other roleplayers and I think it would greatly affect their experiences when roleplaying since there would be no way to stop them. Having police officers helps bring drama and dramatics to the roleplay which is very important if you want to have an exciting experience.

Similar to my previous point, having officers means players have something to watch out for and they have to think twice before committing crimes left, right, and center as there is a chance that they will get caught and punished whether that be a fine or time!

Do you acknowledge that you're subject to being demoted if accepted at any given time?

Yes, and I completely agree with this. I will do my best to ensure that I don’t cause any problems or trouble whilst also maintaining an active status to make sure this doesn't happen!

Do you acknowledge that applying for this role, you are agreeing to be 100% dedicated to the Police Officer role?

Yes, I understand this, however, I do not plan on applying to any other jobs at this current moment in time and I will happily dedicate my role on SRP to the KPD and hopefully help keep up the good reputation.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are authorized to attend or you will be punished [Demoted]?

Yes, and I can guarantee that I will attend every training session when possible/available. I am extremely keen to learn and experience everything I can in this role so that I can fully understand it and make personal judgments.

Do you acknowledge that you’re subject to IC harassment, and you are NOT to take things OOCly when dealing with training & situations?

Yes, of course. I understand that everything said ICly is in-game only and no hard feelings are to be taken out of RP. Higher ranks are allowed to scream orders at me and I fully consent to it. When it comes to harassment situations, I have pretty thick skin and it will not affect me. I also have experience from working in the school and dealing with troublemakers/difficult characters.

In-Character (IC) Section

CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Tell us about your character, how they look, what makes them unique?

Sena would be a Korean-Italian female standing at 5’7” (170cm) with rather feminine features and high-spirited energy. She’d speak with a Korean accent and appeared overall charming despite her brooding expression. She often dressed in quite extravagant clothing.

Sena had always been quite the eccentric character, she could be described as quite erratic and manipulative. She has a lack of care for people's opinions and tends to block things out if she doesn't care. Despite this, she knows when to get serious and possesses a mind that is quite street smart due to her childhood life. She held a great lot of empathy and understanding when it came to people's emotions, though she would find it difficult to show sometimes. Sena is quite stubborn too, she will persistently do whatever she can to complete any wants she would like in the most efficient way possible.

What they're like on and off the job?

On the job, Sena knew exactly when to start listening and stop fooling about, following orders to the tee- or the best of her ability. Despite being responsible on the job, she couldn't help but crack a few dry jokes here and there at appropriate times to try to lighten the mood for her co-workers, despite this, she would only limit her joking when inside the station, maintaining a mature profile outside. Sena would be on very high alert when out on the streets, keeping concentrated so that she can complete the job she's on to her maximum potential. She never wanted anyone to experience the childhood she did, that's why she is willing to risk so much every shift.

Off of the job, Sena would be herself more. A great, but still bizarre sense of humor taking the stage. Her careless facade bouncing back into action. Sena always tried to stay in loud, busy places so she can't get lost in her loud thoughts. She hates to be alone, always wanting to be with at least one party or more so she has someone to blabber to and distract her from any pent-up stress.

Outlook on their co-workers? Plans for the future?

Sena greatly respects all that work around her. She would try to maintain strictly business relationships with them, however, deep down she would really hold each and every one of her co-workers dearly. She believes that since they have to spend every waking hour together on the job, working through thick and thin side by side, she would get attached. She viewed that working the same job brings everyone closer together and therefore she does anything in her power to support them and help ease them if she can, because in her opinion, "That's what co-workers do,".

Sena is very much someone who looks back at the past instead of looking ahead. The future scares her as it's so unpredictable and holds so many surprises, and so she remains in her comfort zone- which is looking back at past memories or living in the moment, never taking anything for granted. If she were to look to the future though, she would want to create a large impact on Karakura whilst helping anyone in need.

BACKSTORY
(Make sure this biography/lore has 100+ words.)
Sena was born an only child in Busan, Korea with her Mother and Father. The area in which she lived was on the poorer side of the city, and so she lived with her parents in a small apartment. Her education was never the best as her parents were scraping for money to get by. Once Sena reached ten years old, she had already experienced the reality of the world, her childhood ripped away from her. She had seen the suffering of the homeless and the narcissistic rich who only looked down on the people who weren't as fortunate as them.

After witnessing many unsuspecting crimes against struggling people, almost all of them caused by people who self-proclaimed themselves to be at the top of the hierarchy, it slowly dawned on her that she didn’t want anyone to suffer the way her people did.

The criminals who robbed one thing or another from someone so desperate knew they could get away with the crimes; Sena never wanted that to happen to anyone else. And so, she made a promise to herself to work for these people, to work so that they didn't have to suffer any more than they already did.

Since that age, Sena strived for equality.

At twelve, Sena’s mother left home, leaving Sena in her fathers care. He tried his best when raising her, though he had to work full time in order to get food on their plates. Sena was forced into becoming independent, though she hated it.

A few years later, Sena was working multiple jobs at once so that she could afford education, and she was successful.

Her and her father were able to move into a larger apartment in a safer side of the city. And she could afford to move to Japan to fulfill her dream, a very terrifying one at that. Her father agreed after much persuasion and so, at sixteen, Sena was sent of to Japan where she would study and make changes for the best.

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Characters Full Name:
Sena Paek.

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):
Miss Paek.

Given Name(s):
Sena

Preferred Name:
Sena

IC Phone number:
123-708-701

Religious Denomination:
Athiest

Marital Status:
Single

Nationality:
Korean // Italian

Current Location:
Karakura, Japan

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Years of training:
5 years

Working Experience:
5 years

Academic Degree:
Masters Degree

Year of Graduation:

Major(s):
Social Sciences
Law Enforcement

Minor(s):
Criminology
English Literature

Native Languages:
Korean

Other Languages:
Italian

SIDE NOTE: I hope that you take my application into consideration and thank you for taking your time to mark it. If I do get denied, is it possible for you to leave feedback? Thanks so much.

Last edited:

Loooper

Level 136
Prads
Prads
Fundraiser+
We appreciate you applying, and we hope you're glad to hear your application has been accepted! Please refer to the Karakura Emergency discord upon seeing this​

Users who are viewing this thread