mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Political Science Professor Application!!

shishi

Level 71
B0JANGLZ
B0JANGLZ
Omega+
[Out-Of-Character Information]

What is your Minecraft Username?:
BunnieRP but I'll be applying on my alt Tohka7

Do you have any previous bans?:
I have one for OOC toxicity, harassment, and failure to comply with staff orders. Since this ban, I have reflected on myself and have bettered myself and can assure you that it will never happen again

What is your timezone?:
EST

What is your discord username and discriminator (e.g. Tippie#6666):
shishi#6200

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
I completely understand, SRP needs active teachers and professors to make it, well, SRP!

Describe your activity on the server & on the forums?:
My activity on the server is fairly huge, when I'm not in school it's almost all day, and I'm on it all afternoon after school. I am normally on the forum page all the time if my data and wifi are working properly.

How long have you played SchoolRP for?:
I've been playing for almost 4 months now

Link(s) to any previous applications on the server?:
(ACCEPTED)
Third Language Accepted Authorization Application (Too many A's)
BUNNIERP'S KOREAN LANGUAGE APPLICATION
JSL Language Application
Grade Request for Tohka7
German Language Application (2nd)
French Application (2nd)
(DENIED)
French Application (1st)
German Application (1st)

Current Role/Degree/Grade on SchoolRP?:
On this account, I am supposed to be a Grade 12, aged 18, however staff hasn't changed my grade

[Trivia]

What is your motivation for becoming a Professor?:

Well, I was originally going to apply to be a teacher, under either P.A or D.T. However, because teaching is such a popular role, and I feel as if I’ll have a better experience as a Professor, I made the final decision to apply for the Professor role.

What are the classroom logs and why is it important?:
Classroom logs are screenshots of either the beginning or end of a class to provide proof that the class did take place. It is also used to determine paychecks, and to see if you have met your minimum quota for the month.

As a Professor, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
  1. Be respectful! This shows your maturity as a college student, and if you give respect you are sure to have it returned to you!
  2. Please no electronics! Having your devices out during class can be disruptive and can ruin the learning experiences of others
  3. Follow and respect the rules of the school! Breaking these rules can result in minor to major punishment, and we really don’t want that, it goes on your record!
  4. In my class debates will be held regularly, this allows you to have free will when speaking, but please don't interrupt others. This can cause situations to be chaotic
  5. Unless for a medical reason, attempt to only bring water to my class. I dislike pests in my room and enjoy things being nice and tidy!
  6. Attempting to make it to class on time, I genuinely don't mind latecomers, but after a good, let's say, longer than 10 minutes my doors will be staying shut.

Summarize your previous RP experience's (both in general and on SchoolRP):
In a general stance, in the past, I’ve roleplayed on an app (some people might know this) called amino. I was there for a good 3 years before I took a break and didn’t make a return. On this app, there was a title that you would hold to see how detailed you were, lit being the more literate and semi-lit being not fully. I was categorized under lit, my response long and detailed. My skills have depleted, but since joining SRP about 4 months ago, I have begun to regain my ability.

[College-Professor Knowledge]

Please show your knowledge of College-Professors. What are the tasks a College-Professor has to complete, What is a College-Professor's salary?

A college professor’s job is to extend the knowledge of the upperclassmen, by teaching them advanced topics. A Professors job includes hosting classes, and to meet a certain amount of classes each month, which is 15. They are also allowed to host an extra 10 classes. The salary for a College-Professor is ¥450,000 per 15 classes they hold a month. An additional ¥50,000 can be earned per 10 extra classes held.

[Character Knowledge]

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he/she look like? What makes him/her unique and different? What is his/her outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his/her personality like? What is his/her plan for the future?

Meet Yun'seok Kwon! This is a 6'2 Korean male with fairly pale skin, raven black hair, normally styled in a bun or down. He has an athletic build, and his eyes were a soft green/hazel. Yun'seok is a cheerful male, always accompanied by a smile and a happy aura. He enjoys interacting with the students of Karakura High and of the Comunity college, keeping up with the times, and attempting to be the 'cool teacher. His current goal is to give the students a safe space to learn and express their opinions without being invalidated for thinking differently.

[Scenarios]

You find a group of sport-team members screaming and shouting in the halls, What do you do?

Firstly, I would politely ask them to calm down, not wanting to entirely ruin their fun. If the shouting continues I would warn them that if it continues that there will be consequences for their actions. If the actions occurred one final time I would inform them that the lot would have detention either during lunch or after school.

A College-Student is disturbing the class and won’t listen to a word you’re saying, What do you do?
Well, at first I’d attempt to grab their attention, and inform them that this lesson is important and should go undisturbed! If they continued disturbing the rest of the class, I’d give them one final warning. If it happened again, and depending on the severity of the disturbance, id issue detention and removal from my classroom.

Provide at least 3 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me
The male would walk to the chalkboard, pick up a piece of chalk and begin writing it. In neat cursive handwriting, it would have the word “EQUALITY” written. He’d turn and face the class, a bright smile on his face. “Good Morning students! Today we have a relatively easy class, and those who have been eagerly waiting for our next debate will be excited!” He’d let out a chuckle, moving in front of his desk and leaning back on it, crossing one leg in front of the other. “Equality is our topic today, who would like to start the discussion?”

/me He would casually walk around the class, watching the students write in their notebooks, scanning the papers to see if anything intrigued him. After finding a sentence that he felt should be talked about. He looked up. “Alright, so who can explain to me the meaning of this? ‘The purpose of political debates is to examine and define one's views on a topic of controversy, and to find others with the same beliefs.’ Controversy, what does it mean?”

/me “Alright, today we are going to have a short test, it will be fairly simple. I will only have 3 essay questions that I would love for you to use detail in.” He would then grab the stack of packets on his desk, and swiftly pass them out to each table. After doing so he would return to his desk. “Please inform me when you have finished, or if you have any questions. No talking at this time, as I don't want to fail people for cheating even if I know you are all too smart to do so.” He’d take out his grade book, and begin importing grades as the class worked.

Backstory
Yun’seok Kwon was born in Pohang-si, South Korea. His two parents were Ji-Ho Kwon and So Kwon. Yun’seok and his parents lived in Korea and Yun’seok led a normal childhood until he turned 10, and that's when his parents decided that they were going to move to America. This move resulted in Yun’seok attending American schools, making extremely well grades, and being top of his class, as well as adapting to the American lifestyle. However, his parents insisted that he kept his Korean roots, and decided to continue to speak to him in Korean and go to visit family in Korea as often as possible. Once Yun’seok turned 17, he had graduated his high school a year early, because of this early graduation, he decided to take a gap year and travel to Karakura, Japan. He fell in love with Japan, he learned Japanese, tried traditions, and soon moved completely there and began studying at school again since he had to finish his last year due to moving. During his last year of high school, he got into politics and debates, and this sparked a passion in him. This made him begin hosting small civil debates on political topics in Japan and across the world. After his graduation, he continued this passion, studying Political science in his free time. Once he reached full adulthood, he decided he was going to become a professor at the Karakura Community College. Seeing that they didn't have a political science teacher and him being extremely passionate about politics, wanting to include as many people as he could, as he felt everyone's opinions deserved to be heard.

[In-Character Information]
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name:

Yun’seok Kwon
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):
Mr/Mister
Given Name(s):
Yun, YuYu
Preferred Name:
Yun’seok
Religious Denomination:
Atheist
Marital Status:
Single
Nationality:
Korean
Current Location:
Karakura Japan

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years):

I've never worked in a teaching environment.
Working Experience (# of years):
6 years

Academic Degree:
B.A In Political Science

Year of Graduation:
Major(s):
Political Science
Minors:
Women's studies, Public Speaking

Native Languages:
Korean
Other Languages:
JSL, French

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?:
No
Preferred Teaching Subject:
Political Science​

Last edited:

Tippie

Level 169
Senior Admin
College Sports Lead
Event Coordinator
Tippieeeeeeee
Tippieeeeeeee
Fundraiser+
Denied
Thank you for applying, unfortunately, we have decided to deny this application due to the following reasons:
- The application is rather short and not detailed enough, when you re-apply please elaborate more on the questions asked.
- Your history contains a lot of recent warnings, please try to reduce this before you reapply

Users who are viewing this thread