pqvste
pqvste
Fundraiser
What is your Minecraft username?: pqvste

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?): emmaaa#5754

Do you have a microphone?: Yes

How old are you? (Optional): 18

What is your time zone?: BST

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?: Yep.

Describe your activity on the server: Ever since I started playing this server, I was absolutely astonished with the amount of roleplay that has been implemented, I usually play on the server up to 2-4 hours a day, I would do more, but I unfortunately have to focus on my school, etc. Normally on weekends, I'm usually on for hours and hours.

Do you have any previous bans?: I do have one but it's considered false.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server: None, this is my first ever application in the community.

Accepted

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):
I'm a Grade 12 student.

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?: Art.

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:
Ever since I came across the idea of becoming a teacher, my motivation was how we can make a difference to student's lives. You're not just there to teach, you're there to provide your students the necessary life skills and knowledge they'll need for their correct path they decided to go for in terms of future jobs, etc. I was also motivated by my personal traits, obviously I am a very caring and helpful individual and the role of a teacher, does include some of those traits as you're also focusing on the wellbeing of students as well as making a difference in their personal life like mentioned before.

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT & If your application is accepted, you may have to undergo teacher training?: Yep!

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:

It's basically logs containing how many classes each teacher has hosted over the past month, etc. They're important as obviously the community would desire to have highly active teachers to keep the roleplay experience going, in the sense that, if there are no teachers, there isn't much that students can really do when on school grounds, and they won't experience the proper roleplay that they initially came to be a part of. Not only that but from my knowledge of this wonderful role, I have learnt that teachers are paid over ¥350,000 for hosting up to 10 classes as well as ¥50,000 for those individuals who host extra 5 classes. Which for me, indicates that class logs are not only there to resemble activity but how much reach teacher receive of their monthly salary as well as making sure each teacher is doing what they're supposed to do.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:

1. Respect

Respect is really key in the classroom, especially to members of staff and students. If you don't have anything nice to say, you ultimately zip it and keep it to yourself as everyone in my classroom will be respected, kind and helpful to each other no matter what. I want all my students to be treated equally, we are all humans there's no need to be disrespectful to one and another. I will not tolerate any bullying or anything like that, there's no need to bully anyone, any kind of disrespect towards anyone is once again, not tolerated and will lead to consequences if excessive.

2. Talking, yelling or shouting.

When the teacher is talking, I expect all students to pause their conversations and direct their eyes and attention to their teacher, this is, so everyone knows what to do when it comes to me setting assignments, sharing an important announcement, etc. Yelling or shouting is highly prohibited in my classroom but, I don't mind it when you're given permission to chit chat as long as it is levelled and you're respectful but ultimately, my classroom should always be in silence focusing on their task. I want my students to be role models to everyone walking by our classroom and notice how well behaved we all are.

3. Food & illegal substances/products.

You won't be allowed to drink pop or any fizzy drinks in my classroom as I really don't want to be cleaning up your mess or make the cleaner's day worse by cleaning up some sticky pop drink that you spilled, water will be allowed to be drunk in my classroom as long as you don't spill it or anything like that, you may also put it on your desk but any fizzy drinks won't be tolerated as simply, I don't want to be cleaning up your mess. Food during the classroom will not be tolerated whatsoever unless we're having a special lesson meaning it's the end of the academic year, etc only on special occasions but until that happens, chewing gum, sweets, anything like that will have to remain in your bag as my classroom isn't a canteen, I solely want you to pay attention to your teacher and your task for the duration of the class.

Illegal substances/products.

Drugs, cigarettes, alcohol, etc are strictly prohibited in my classroom as well as on school grounds, it is even illegal to be carrying any of these substances/products. If any illegal products/substances are found in my classroom, they will be immediately confiscated, and you'll be receiving a detention as well as a possible suspension from the Senior Leadership Team.

4. Electronic devices.

All electronic devices such as phones, I-PADs, etc should be switched off and put away, you're not allowed to use your phones during class as I want your attention on me and the classroom board and not your phone. If a phone rings, makes a noise or anything like that, I'll let you off the first time but if it makes a noise again then it'll be immediately confiscated by me. It is simply disrespectful as a classmate could be performing an assignment to entire class, so any distractions to do with electronic devices are highly prohibited in my class and will lead to a detention.

5. Trying your very best.

I want all my students to be confident and resilient when it comes to certain tasks being set by me, I want them to try their very best, this means I don't want to see 'sloppy' work or "I give up", "Miss, I can't do it". Yes, you can do it! I want to actually see some good presentation in their books and for them to actually try and learn something. I'm here to give them the tools and knowledge to assist them in the future when it comes to personal dreams/goals for example jobs and stuff like that, but they also have to want it. If one of you are extremely stuck though, don't be afraid to raise your hand, I will come over and assist you to the very best of my ability as your understanding is truly important to me.

6. Have fun.

Ultimately, it's all about having fun! Students can have fun in my classroom as long as they follow these necessary rules, it might show you that I'm a quite strict Teacher when it comes to certain things, but I have to step my foot down and show my students what is tolerated & what isn't. We will have fun in my classroom on many occasions as long as we are behaving adequately. I want the atmosphere to remain safe, fun and respectful, that is exactly what I will be giving, focusing and accomplishing if I'm offered a place.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:

Mainly in this type of industry, I have tons of roleplay experience as I've been roleplaying for years and years. I've been all around different communities on Minecraft and different platforms such as Roblox. I'm fairly experienced in teaching and absolutely love it, it has such a big space in my heart. When I first came across School Roleplay, I honestly felt like at home because it is everything what I was specifically looking for. I'm extremely knowledge with what to expect in this specific role, server regulations and what the server is pretty much about.

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:
- HD

↳ Meaning: Head of Department
↳ Description: Head of Departments are usually individuals who are head of a specific subject, such as History, Science, Art, etc. These are individuals that have completed their necessary training and are highly experienced in teaching. They basically keep everything in line with their teachers who teach a subject that they're head of and assist them wherever possible as well as include feedback, etc.

- QT
↳ Meaning: Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: A Qualified Teacher is basically an individual that has completed their training and has recently been promoted from Newly Qualified Teacher, they can pretty much hold up a class pretty well by themselves, they're fairly confident and experienced, ready to take on their teacher experience to a new level.

- NQT
↳ Meaning: Newly Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: A Newly Qualified Teacher is an individual that has JUST completed their training and is moving onto fully teaching their classes, they have received the tools, resources and knowledge they'll need for these couple of weeks before they receive a promotion to 'Qualified Teacher'.

- UT
↳ Meaning: Unqualified Teacher
↳ Description: An Unqualified Teacher is when an individual has been offered a teaching position/slot and is getting ready to undergo training to be promoted to NQT. They aren't allowed to host classes as of yet as they first need to complete their training, some aspects of the training will definitely include monitoring different classes, being observed by the senior team, seeing how things work, etc.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

I wouldn't really say there's really a difference between teachers in-game or out of game as put simply, they have the same objective as everyone else. The Teacher's job is mainly to prepare their students for the real word, ensuring they're school ready, work ready and life ready with the tools, knowledge and skills that they will gather along the way not only that, but they are also there to support you in any way possible as we're not only there to teach but ensure you're safe. From my knowledge, the Teacher's main salary a month is ¥350,000 if they host at least 10 classes, they can also receive a bonus of ¥50,000 if they complete 5 additional classes. Each Teacher has their very own personalized and organised way of teaching, now that can be strict, lenient, etc it's mainly up to them but at the end of the day, no matter what your teaching style is, as long as you provide your students with the care, assistance and knowledge that they require for the future then it's fine. In spare time, teachers normally socialize with their colleagues, plan ahead with lessons, catch up with specific students that might be struggling, etc.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:
They are mainly one of the main characters when it comes to the server as obviously, this roleplay experience is based on around a school and without teachers, there wouldn't really be much to roleplay as individual's wouldn't really just want to be in a school setting without the extra factors that improve the experience by a lot. Having classes and exams as well as a proper faculty team is a crucial part to making the roleplay experience as realistic as possible.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
The lesson planning system this school currently uses is "MoSCo", meaning Must have, Should have, Could have.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does they look like? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is their personality like? What are their plan for the future?

Miss. Emma Sequoia has bright blue eyes, light skin, long blonde hair, 5'2 in height and weighs around 104-135 lbs.

Emma Sequoia is quite a caring, helpful and respectful teacher. She always makes sure every student in her class is feeling okay, ensuring they're above their target grade, etc. Emma Sequoia tries her very best in making projects/assignments challenging for students at times as she wants to push them to reach their required target and believes every student is special academically. No matter how smart they are in terms of knowledge of things, she gives everyone an equal chance to succeed and have a go. Although Emma Sequoia is quite strict at times, it's mainly because she wants the best for her students, she never gives up on anyone. When Emma Sequoia is around other members of faculty, she remains a professional and friendly image, always looks up to the other teachers and acknowledges any feedback, etc from them. She's an individual that is talkative, great to be around with, excellent knowledge in teaching, professional, respectful, helpful, loyal and friendly. Emma Sequoia's future plans currently is to become a successful Teacher of Art at a school, and she believes the high school in Karakura, Japan is the perfect spot due to their reviews and school system they have implemented to finally fulfil her lifelong dream.

Scenarios
/*Do not mention use of FearRP*/

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:
Emma Sequoia would pause for a second and stare at them, waiting for their full attention. Once she has received the attention, she'd warn them verbally, if they continue with the vulgar language then we'll go with the route of warnings and possible detention if they don't get their act together. She'd remind and lecture them that they should be role models for the school as well as other students, this isn't necessarily how they should behave on school grounds.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
She'd ask everyone to settle down and keep quiet, as well as warn them that no one will be leaving if they continue and detentions to specific people who are mostly talking will be issued. If the class is settling down a bit but still see a couple of students talking, she'd raise her voice a little bit and say their names then to keep quiet for a few minutes while she goes over a few things. If the class is still not paying attention, she'd call down the Vice-Principal, Principal or even her Head of Department for assistance if available.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:
Emma Sequoia acts quite professional, focused and quiet around her other colleagues as although she can be talkative at times, she mainly remains focused. Mainly she's very talkative and always happy to assist with anything, however she's normally busy with checking/marking books, planning lessons, catching up with certain students/teachers, snacking before/after class, maybe looking for feedback on a lesson plan, etc.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me

Emma Sequoia would sit down at her desk; she'd put her bag down and log into the computer while taking small sips of her hot coffee. She'd bring up her lesson plan for her class and prepare the board with relevant information for students. Now that she is fully prepared and organized for her next class of students, she'd walk around the classroom and collect any rubbish, etc that might have been left behind, also ensuring every desk has necessary art equipment such as pencils, rulers, paint, etc on their desks. She'd realise a few desks were missing basic equipment like pens and pencils, she'd go to the very back of the classroom into her draws: specifically, to the stash of pencils/pens. She'd grab a few and close it, she'd then put a pencil/pen on the desks that were missing it.

/me
It's finally time for class and Miss Sequoia is just adding some extra bits onto her lesson plan while students are coming inside and settling in. She'd stand up from her chair and look in the direction of her students, she'd wave and state "Good morning, everyone, how are we all today? I hope we're okay, please direct yourself to the board for instructions for your 5-minute starter task while everybody is still arriving, if you have any questions or concerns, please raise your hand." She'd sit back down and look back at her computer screen while keeping a close eye on her students. Once she has completed her necessary changes to the lesson plan, she'd walk around with her arms side by side and ensure everyone is on task with minimal talking between each other as focus should be on the starter task for the first 2-3 minutes of the lesson.

/me
Miss Sequoia is presenting some information about an artist that is related to their lesson today, "As you can see from their work, they have clearly gone for a vivid theme with tons of colo-" She'd pause as she heard talking while she is trying to explain their next task, she'd look at the 2 students and wait until they were finished. She'd cross her arms and mention their names in a quite disappointed voice, "[STUDENT1], [STUDENT2]. I realize that the topic I'm currently on isn't really interesting to you from what I'm seeing, but I do expect a little bit of respect in this classroom and that means when the teacher is talking, you guys shouldn't be having your own conversation. No matter if it was related to this or not, please quiet down so we can get through this class with no disruptions, otherwise consequences such as warnings, or even detentions will occur." She'd take a long breath and look back at the board and resume with her lesson hoping for no more disruptions.

/me
Miss Sequoia has set a task for everyone until the very end of the lesson, she'd stand up from her being sat at her desk and she'd put her hands at ease; walk around each desk to look at how we're doing very carefully as well as seeing who's on task and who isn't. While her very slow stroll around the classroom, she notices the use of a mobile phone from a student. She'd come over and cough a little bit to get the student's attention. She'd point at the phone and state "[STUDENT'S NAME], you do realise that I didn't give anyone permission to use their mobile phone during this lesson, even that, they're strictly prohibited and should be put away and put on silent, not to message anyone or play games on it while you're in lesson. Please hand it over, you may collect it at the end. If you refuse, you will be in after school attention." She'd reach her hand out and wait until the student hands it over knowing that it's getting confiscated. Once it's the end of the lesson and other students have left, she'd come over to the student's desk with their phone in her hand and state "[STUDENT'S NAME], I'm not going to issue you a detention or anything but I'd like you to remember that any electronic devices are strictly prohibited in my classroom, when you're in my lesson, your full attention is required whenever completing tasks or when I'm presenting something, etc. Let's try to avoid this from happening again, so make sure you're not using your phone during lesson time, otherwise, future detentions will be given." She'd hand it over and give a small smile to the student then close her classroom doors behind the student, she'd turn around and look at the classroom, ****ysing any messes such as pencils on the floor, rubbish, etc and sort it, then finally, return to her desk to complete her future lesson plans.

Backstory

Emma Elizabeth Sequoia was born in Poland, Bydgoszcz. She was born into a life that was really poor and not a great environment for children, her father was an alcoholic that was quite abusive towards her mother as well as his daughter, Emma. They were experiencing major financial difficulties as her father didn't work whatsoever however Emma's mother worked as a History Teacher but all the money she would earn, Emma's father would take it away and spend it on stupid stuff like alcohol rather than caring to feed his own child and wife. Things were really difficult when Emma was born but eventually Emma's father got the necessary help in terms of therapy and let's say it helped a bit, but his old habits were still there, so it seemed like whatever Emma's mother did to make things better for her daughter, never worked.

At the age of 11, Emma started school, she missed her primary phase as education in Poland is quite expensive, she was able to head to high school because of her mother hiding money from her father which worked in some way. He was quite suspicious on how Emma was able to go to school but never really paid attention. When she came to high school, she literally had no clue how to read or write which was truly challenging for her as she was bullied and called the weird kid during her years of high school. The first year was challenging but Emma never gave up even though she was frustrated with how many people judged her even though they didn't know what was happening between her own closed doors. Since Emma's mother was a teacher, she taught her how to read, write, etc which got her to like school a bit more and be confident, not paying attention to what people say and to focus on herself as well as her own dream. After a couple of years, Emma's mother and herself move out away from Emma's father to a 1 story house that's closer to the high school Emma originally goes to, thinks after that got a lot better for Emma and her mother as they didn't have to worry about the negativity, abuse and stuff like that from Emma's father.

At the age of 16, Emma finally graduated from High school;, she really happy with her qualifications that she came out with, now that she got what she wanted, she has been thinking about the future and really expanding her horizons in terms of what she wants to do in the future, the first thing that popped up in her head was becoming a teacher but not sure what kind of teacher as of yet. At the time, she was really into history & art, she's always wanted to possibly pursue a career in history, but art is something that has been in her heart all along, as soon as she was born. When she was living with her father, she'd always draw or paint, anything like that to get her minds of things which really helped with her depression at the time. Which was a hard decision to make at the time, but she finally decided to think it all out, with the guidance her mother provided her, she made the decision to hopefully become an Art Teacher in the near future even though it's a really long journey, it's something she can definitely pursue and see what happens.

After 2 longs years in Matura, (A-levels/College), everything is going pretty well, although she hasn't really heard from her father at all, she doesn't really care or worry about him as he made not only her life but Emma's mother hell. Emma's financial status along with her mother started to get better and better but they were still graded as poor, simply because once bills, etc would be paid, they wouldn't have much left for things like food, etc. Even that though, Emma still kept a happy face and went ahead to apply to university for a bachelor's degree in education and art and see if she gets accepted. After long weeks of waiting, she finally received an answer from the University she applied to, and she got in. She was so overjoyed and happy as she was on the road to making her dreams come true, Emma's mother was so proud of her and excited for the days/years ahead.

After 3 long years of being on her bachelor's degree and finally graduating, Emma is over the moon with her journey so far as she is just moments away from becoming a teacher, however... To pay for her schooling and other things, Emma's mother had to take loans and stuff out for her to be able to go to school, now that Emma has finally finished with her degree, they've been struggling with financial difficulties heavily which is getting out of hand and there's been thoughts of moving to another country, due to them both knowing Japanese pretty well since learning it in high school, they've been thinking about moving to Karakura, they'd be eligible for more benefits and other things, things would also cost less as Poland is a very expensive country. The decision hasn't been fully made yet but there has been a few thoughts.

At the age of 23, 2 years ago since Emma received her bachelor's degree, she's decided to go into a full-time job as a Manager in a supermarket to help pay up school bills under her name for quite a while. Emma has also decided to do some part-time tutoring/teaching on the side with her mother's friend's children to at least gain some experience, specifically in Art. Emma' has also made the final decision to move to Japan as an old cousin that we know has started living there and personally said it's great out there so, before pursuing further in her career as a teacher, she's decided she'll wait for things to settle down with bills and teach in Japan full-time properly when the time is right. Although Emma's mother now doesn't feel like living in Japan and instead would like to stay here even though this was in consideration, she'll remain and teach in Poland as it's a country she truly adores but won't stop Emma from fulfilling her dreams.

After 3 years of hard work as a Manager in a supermarket as well as being an Art tutor for quite a while, Emma is finally coming close to fully paying up her school bills from the help of her mother and friends as well, meaning it's time to officially secure a place in Japan, specifically in Karakura where her old cousin lives. Emma was so so excited to realise it's coming true, her dreams are only moments away from becoming true, although she isn't really used to the city, she's really excited to explore and see the difference in culture. Just a couple of months later, after her 27th birthday, she resigns from her Manager & Art tutor job as her school bills have finally been paid and officially transferred everything to Japan in terms of documents and things like that. Although she wasn't able to secure a place, her cousin was happy to let her live at his place for the time being until she finds the perfect house/apartment for her.

Finally arriving in Karakura, a month later and settling into the city, she looks for a teaching job where she can complete her teacher training. Luckily, she finds a local high school that has a vacant spot for Art, which is her favourite subject, she is absolutely delighted and decides to apply for the vacant spot straight away, giving it all. Now she nervously waits for an answer, feeling excited and happy as her dream could possibly become true very soon.

In-Character Information
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only):
Emma Sequoia
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Miss
Given Name(s): Emma Elizabeth
Preferred Name: Miss Sequoia

Age (Minimum is 27): 27
Religious Denomination: N/A (None)
Marital Status: Single

Nationality: Polish
Current Location: Karakura, Japan

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience (# of years): 3 years of experience

Academic Degree: Bachelor’s Degree
Year of Graduation: 2013
Major(s): Teaching, Education
Minors: Art

Native Languages: Polish
Other Languages: Japanese

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: No.

Extra

Additional notes about your application:
Regarding the 'false' ban that I mentioned earlier, I wouldn't really say it is a ban but, just in case I put it down anyway but basically my brother was stating racist slurs and trolling on the server, now since my brother lives with me, we've got the same IP address so when he got banned for it, I got banned as well. I appealed it though and I was added on a bypass list until the duration of my brother's ban is over. Thought I'd let you know either way though.

Do you have any questions?: Nope, thank you for reading!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread