prozy#5425

WHAT IS YOUR TIMEZONE?:

EST

LIST ANY PREVIOUS BANS:

N/A

DO YOU HAVE A MICROPHONE?:

Yes

DESCRIBE YOUR ACTIVITY ON THE SERVER:

Above average activity. Afternoons/late night on weekends and weekdays especially.

WHAT POSITION ARE YOU APPLYING FOR?:

Priest

WHAT KNOWLEDGE DO YOU CURRENTLY HAVE OF SHINTOISM AND ARE YOU PREPARED/WILLING TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE RELIGION?:

I have basic knowledge but am certainly willing to learn. I have more knowledge with the spiritual side rather than customs.

WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT FOR THIS ROLE OVER OTHER APPLICANTS?

This would be on my main account, which I feel like a lot of people avoid doing with the Shrine faction. I would be much more active especially with the amount of free time I have. I also have ic reasoning to promote me joining rather than purely ooc.

DO YOU ACKNOWLEDGE YOU WILL HAVE TO ATTEND MANDATORY TRAININGS TO BE TAUGHT MORE ABOUT SHINTOISM AND THE ACCORDING PROCEDURES?:

Yes

───────────────────────────────────────
In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: Character Details

CHARACTERS FULL NAME:

Jack Marshall Denvers

CHARACTERS TITLE (E.g. Mr. Mrs. Miss):
Any, Mr. preferred.

CHARACTERS AGE (E.g. 21-80):

CHARACTERS MARITAL STATUS:
Engaged

CHARACTERS NATIONALITY:

American

CHARACTERS PHONE-NUMBER:

(030)-358-5290

WHAT IS YOUR MOTIVATION FOR APPLYING TO WORK AT THE MONASTERY?:

"I think it's finally about time I took Kyo's advice. Not to mention... things have started to get too out of hand for me, now." Inari is plenty aware of the happenings in JD's life, given the fact he was always the one JD ran into while he was visiting. He wants to pursue a lifestyle that would actually be the healthiest option he has.

TELL ME WHAT HISTORY AND INFORMATION YOU KNOW ABOUT THE SHINSEI SEINARU MONASTERY:

Besides the fire, the most information I know is from a few events held at the Shrine as well as the bits I have learned through talking to various workers (Especially the lead). Most of the information is current conflicts/and the specific locations scattered about the mountain.

WRITE A LETTER TO THE MONASTERY LEAD :

"Kyo, I feel like starting this letter off with admitting how you told me so is a poor decision... but it's true. You told me so. I have considered your words over and over and with each conversation we have and I can't help but struggle to come up with more excuses on why I shouldn't listen to you. I'm hoping that this is a real chance for change- one where that tower that fell could finally be rebuilt off of. I know that this means I'm putting a lot of trust into something other than myself, and I am ready for it. Oh, and I'll ditch the earrings.
-J.D."

BACKSTORY (100+ Words):

Jack Denvers, commonly referred to as JD, grew up as the son of a Christian pastor. At a young age, he both learned various points of religion from the bible as well as branched out to learn about other cultures. He had been raised to learn Latin as a way to read an untranslated version of the bible along with the English version. After reaching his middle school years he gained a very common interest in Japan. Since he had already had experience with learning a language, he decided to study Japanese during his free time. Around the last two years of high school, JD decided to fully take up learning Japanese instead of casually. He grew up constantly running into issues with his father and his very strict parenting, going as far as to get multiple facial piercings and even body-modified horns. After he graduated high school and hit his 18th birthday in October, he dropped everything and moved to Japan to get away from his home life. He spent the first year hopping from hotel to hotel until he decided to move to Karakura for its lower price range and community college at 19.

He spent his first year studying music and living unofficially within the fraternity. The second year, at 20, he joined the Spartan Cheer-team and became an official resident of the now combined Spartan housing. Even after falling victim to situations with the city’s crime issue, he has since recovered both mentally and physically. Although he still has a faint stutter when he talks due to brain damage he endured, it mostly flairs up in situations he gets stressed in. His original plan was to study literature and become a teacher, but he started to reconsider his career path. He also hoped to start working within the same building he once attended. While he continues his studies elsewhere, he sought out working as a caretaker for KHS and the combined college since it is a more familiar environment and something he would be able to ease into for a job since the typical career is out of his abilities. A large chunk of his 20s consisted of working as a caretaker with his close friend Rinne Maeda and (now deceased) ex-husband Saburo Denvers.

Looping back to his original plan to become a literature teacher, he pursued the path of becoming a professor at Karakura Community college given that he is a graduate. His passion for arts and reading lead him to continue his own personal studies of literature just in his free time. The past few months for JD have proven difficult in their own manner, but with the addition of a new relationship and his daughter being involved in bobcat sports, he began to seek out a more stable career that could give him the change to keep a closer eye on his daughter as well as spending more time with her.

As a stroke of horrid luck, JD landed himself in a classroom haunted by Satomi Kato. With the addition of being haunted, his daughter needing to be sent out of Japan for her safety to avoid an over-obsessive weapons dealer, and overall just the students... JD ended his professor career short and got convinced by Inari's words very quickly. He had already branched out spiritually, and after living in Karakura so long he adopted a handful of beliefs.

SECTION 2: Self-Knowledge Details

What duties do Shinto Priests and Maidens have?:

Shrine Maidens, specifically in modern Shintoism, have an important role in assisting the Priests, cleaning and upkeep for the shrine, handling sales at the shop, and various rituals/prayers. While female Priests are less common than maidens, it is possible for women to be Priestesses. The role of Priests/Priestesses are planted in the duty to keep a continuous and good relationship between the kami and their worshipper. This can be done through offerings, prayers, meditation, and evocation. They also handle ceremonies in prayer, marriage, etc.

What are the steps needed to be taken at the purification trough before entering the Shrine?:

To cleanse oneself you are to wash your hands and mouth with the water flowing at the temizyua. You do so by using the ladle to wash your left hand, then right- wash out your mouth, and then wash your left hand again. Before passing the Torii, you are to bow and avoid walking through the center.

How are offerings to a Kami performed?:

Stand up straight, bow twice, put your hands together and clap twice, then you can make your wish and give thanks to the kami by offering up yen into the box. Finally, you bow once more and you are finished.

How do you perform a tea ceremony ritual?:

To start off, appearance is important. While traditional attire is preferred, it is flexible as long as the attire is professional and modest. Additionally you will remove your shoes before even entering. Guests are to sit in the proper sitting position and admire the décor specifically picked. When the tea bowl is actually placed in front of the guest, you are to pick the bowl up and place it in your left palm (with your right hand). You raise the bowl, then rotate so the front does not face you, so you can sip. Finally you wipe the rim and return the bowl to the host (with the front of the bowl facing the host) and bow.

Explain what a Tamagushi, Ofuda and Kagura Suzu is and what they're used for:

Tamagushi: A sakaki/evergreen tree branch decorated to represent heart and spirit. They are used as a traditional offering to the kami during various ceremonies or rituals. They have their own specific steps when being offered.
Ofuda: A slip of paper (or other materials) that are considered to be imbedded with the power of kami as they are a talisman with specific meanings and uses. The most common uses are protection and good luck.
Kagura Suzu: A ritual tool made up of 12 bells (3 tiers) used during the Kagura dance, which is a ritual dedicated to entertaining the kami as an offering.

(OPTIONAL) Based on your character; which other Kami would they worship

Tenjin​

Yume_

Level 85
Shrine Lead
Lore Team
DENIED

Due to recent events and at your request, your application has been denied.​

Users who are viewing this thread