mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Denied Presence___'s IT-Teacher application.

arrvy

Level 5
arrvy
arrvy
Notable+
Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?:

Presence___

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?):
Yes! Presence#4108

Do you have a microphone?:
I do.

How old are you? (Optional):
15, turning 16 in december.

What is your time zone?:
GMT+1

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Fully aware!

Describe your activity on the server:
I'm pretty active, I play as my HS character Stephan Saito the most. I get on SRP after school and stay on for a few hours at a time almost every day.

Do you have any previous bans?:
None.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:
JSL Application, accepted.
Korean application, accepted.
Norwegian application, denied.

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):
Highschool, Grade-12

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:
IT

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:
My motivation to become a teacher in IT, I've always been obsessed with the idea of technology, especially with computers and such. I love the idea of messing around with technology just to see what I can do with it. I would love to teach the students of Karakura what I know about technology and such. I enjoy trying to teach people new stuff, while I might not be the best at it.. I'm trying to improve! . Ever since I joined SRP and realized there were open spots for a teacher in IT, I figured why not try this and see how it'll go. I also would like to extend my experience with roleplay in general, I feel like becoming a teacher on SRP could help with that.

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT & If your application is accepted, you may have to undergo teacher training?:
Yes I do, I don't have a problem with that.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:
Teacher class logs are to keep record or track of how many classes one has done in a day/week etc. They're important so one can keep track of when to expect their payment and how much it'll be. As well as to know how much experience the teacher has.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
As far as rules in the classroom goes;

- Students should not talk while the teacher is speaking, nor while a classmate is answering or asking a question. Students may only speak when given permission to, by either raising their hand or receiving permission from the teacher to do so.

- Eating or drinking isn’t allowed in class. It’s possible for it to be distracting to the teacher or the other students, if not just make a mess in general. Drinking water though, is ok.

- Students should turn in their class work on time, or at the end of each lesson. In addition, whenever students are having a test or a quiz, cheating is not allowed under any circumstances.

Failure to comply with the rules above might lead to the student to be kicked from class, or even get detention.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
I joined SRP back in march of 2020, while everything really started around 3-4 years ago roleplaying on different games. I started getting obsessed with roleplaying back when I joined SRP, and I don’t have a plan of stopping yet. I have roleplayed as different roles among all the other games and servers I’ve been on, most notably Riot’s RP on Unturned back in 2017, where I had applied for a role in the Police and I apparently did it so well I got promoted to Police Commissioner. Anyway! As of right now, I am still learning how to DetailRP, but I’m trying to do a bit of it every day and getting better with every action.

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:
- HD
↳ Meaning: Head of Department

↳ Description: The rank HD among the teachers is the highest rank one can get. These teachers are the leading role and most qualified.

- QT
↳ Meaning: Qualified Teacher

↳ Description: The QT of teachers are those who have experience in teaching and has most likely been employed for a while. This teacher is allowed to teach classes.

- NQT
↳ Meaning: Newly-Qualified-Teacher

↳ Description: Newly qualified teachers are those who are new to teaching, could be recent graduate or career change. They are however, qualified enough to teach classes alone.

- UT
↳ Meaning: Unqualified Teacher

↳ Description: Unqualified Teachers are the teachers who haven't been trained and isn't qualified for teaching classes alone.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

The teacher's salary is 350,000 Yen, if they teach the required ten classes a month that is. Sometimes a teacher might get a 50,000 Yen bonus for every extra five classes after the required ten, the limit of the bonus check is 500,000 Yen, meaning if a teacher has more than 25 classes they will just receive 500,000 Yen. Teachers are employed to help teaching students and succeed with the studies they are going through. Even though they are not counselors, they have an important role with guiding and improving the well being of the students. The methods teachers use for teaching really depends on which teacher it is. I will be teaching through making quizzes and having a fun experience in the classroom instead of just standing by the blackboard talking and talking all day. Outside of school teachers do of course have their own lives, they have family, friends, and other relationships. When school's ended, a teacher's job never ends, even after the school hours. School hours are not always enough time for a teacher to grade student's work.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:
Since SRP is in fact a school role-playing server, teachers have a big role in it. School without teachers wouldn't really be school, it'd be more or less a social-hotspot for people to hangout and such, and without teachers, school wouldn't be useful. SRP would really not have a reason to exist if there were no teachers, since teachers play a big role in real life school as well.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
We are expected to prepare lessons beforehand; planning what we're going to say, teach, what the students will be doing etc. From what I understood from others, the school uses the MoSCoW method or preparations.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. What do they look like? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is their personality like? What are their plans for the future?

Stephan Saito is a slim looking, yet athletic, Japanese male. He is standing at the height of 6'3. Stephan's natural hair color is light brown, which he has kept. He has bright gray eyes, and seemed exhausted. Especially after sleepless nights. Stephan might seem quiet or shy at first, but I can assure you he is nothing like this. He is very energetic, especially when with his family and friends. He is a family person, and since he is the fourth oldest sibling he feels the need to care for everyone including the older siblings.
When coming to work, he takes everything he does with great seriousness and responsibility. Everything from school work, to caring for his family. He doesn't joke around when it comes to his responsibilities, and it is something he grew up on since a very small age.
Stephan's goals for his future are quite simple, he wants his family to grow up to be successful people and he is willing to do anything for it, and for them. Regarding his own future, he started thinking of becoming a teacher during high-school, and mixing that with one of his greatest passions, Technology, he thought that applying for the position of IT Teacher would be great for him.

Scenarios
/*Do not mention use of FearRP*/

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:

At first, Stephan would observe and ****yze the conversation. If it was one thing, he would not interrupt, or give a quick 'Language.' warning. If the said curse word, or different ones, kept popping up in their conversation, he would approach the students, and calmly ask them to stop swearing. He would see it wouldn't be efficient, and would approach them once again. This time looking more assertive, he would raise his voice, and calmly ask again for the students to stop. Once again, they wouldn't stop. Stephan clears his mind and calmly files the said students' detention, and stops them from cursing again.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
Seeing nobody is listening to a word Stephan is saying, he would sit down on his chair, or lean forward onto his desk, raising his voice calling for the class "Would you do us all a favor and pay attention to my teaching and not interrupt?" Seeing as this wouldn't be helpful, he would sit back, calmly. Before putting his hand in the air, slamming it down on the desk making a loud 'bang' that would be easily heard from all the way through the classroom. Once again, he'd ask... "Again, would you all do me- us all a favor and be quiet? You all CHOSE to attend this class, yet nobody is paying attention?" He'd sit back down, smiling to himself, before continuing to teach his lesson.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:
Stephan would usually hang in the teacher's lounge during breaks, or when he's completed teaching his daily lessons, or there is just nothing to do. Whenever he'd be sat there, he'd either start grading the student's work, or just have a chat with either his brother, Haru Saito or some of the other teachers there making a bit of small talk. Whenever he meets another faculty member he'd stay kind and polite, while yes, Stephan isn't the talkative type. . . he'd still try to talk to the other faculty members to be-friend them.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me Stephan would wait patiently for the students to make their way to their seats. He would be leaning over on his desk, or leaning back on his chair fidgeting around with a coin. He'd eventually drop the coin, picking it up before sitting back up checking his watch. He'd keep patiently waiting until the students arrived. Although distracted probably trying to do a
coin-flip he'd look away from the coin, focusing back on the students as they just arrived. He'd pretend like nothing happened scooting away the coin.

/me Stephan would step aside, to let the students pay attention to the blackboard and actually see what he had written on there regarding the quiz he had planned and the students would go through. He'd just stand there, back at it fiddling with the coin, before looking up to check if anyone had any questions regarding one of the tasks. He'd walk over to a student if they had raised their hand to help.

/me halfway through his lesson, Stephan would ask a question to the class about how this and that works, seeing as nobody raised their hand he just glanced around toward the students, eventually picking out Rei Saito, his nephew, pointing toward Rei, Stephan would tell him to come to the front of the class, and answer the question.

/me Stephan looked toward the students in the classroom who are supposed to be doing their schoolwork by now, with a disappointed look got up asking them to continue their work, shaking his head, plopping back down on his seat.

Backstory
/* Describe how your character ended up becoming a teacher and his/her previous life. It is optional to include earlier life but recommended. Make sure this is over 300 words. Remove this comment after posting.*/

Stephan Saito, the second born to the Saito family after Haru Saito. He was born and raised in Kyoto, Japan, to a wealthy family. Both his parents were successful business people, and the kids were mainly raised by a maid. Haru and Steph grew up together, with only barely 2 years apart. Together with their adopted brother Kiyoshi, they became the best of friends growing up. When his parents lost their company, he became more abusive to both Haru and Stephan, and their adopted brother Kiyoshi.
His mom never really did anything, afraid of what her husband would do to her, so she would just let it happen to her kids.
When Stephan was 14, that was when his brother, Haru, got kicked out of their house and from that point on they lost touch.
He continued to live with his parents and brother, though it wasn't the same without Haru. At that point Steph already had a baby sister, named Charlotte. His parents' marriage was falling apart and that's when they decided to divorce and put an end to his dad's abusive behavior.
As their mom got full custody of the kids, they all moved to a smaller apartment, though they stayed in Kyoto.
When Stephan and Kiyoshi became 18, they received a message from their brother, Haru, in Karakura. He explained there how he got his life together and was even married. They all moved together in the same apartment, and Stephan has been living there ever since.

In-Character Information
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only):
"Jeez- full name? Do I have to give my social security number aswell? Joking- Anyway.. Stephan Saito."
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): "Well.. I identify as a guy.. so Mr."
Given Name(s): "Well.. I don't know what to put here so... Stephan seems good enough."
Preferred Name: "Stephan here aswell!"

Age (Minimum is 27): "Well I recently turned 29, so I think I still am 29!"
Religious Denomination: Athiest
Marital Status: Single

Nationality: Japanese
Current Location: Karakura, Japan.

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience (# of years):

None, sadly. I'm applying freshly out of college.

Academic Degree: Bachelor
Year of Graduation: 2014
Major(s): Major Arts, Science
Minors: Geography

Native Languages: Japanese
Other Languages: Korean, JSL

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?:
I do not, sadly.

Last edited:

KimiNoUso

Level 337
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
Your application responses require further detail (make sure to read the questions and add detail where requested).

Users who are viewing this thread