love4sale
DISCORD NAME & TAG:
plague#0002
WHAT IS YOUR TIMEZONE?:
EST
LIST ANY PREVIOUS BANS:
I’ve never been banned before.
DO YOU HAVE A MICROPHONE?:
I do have a working microphone, and I VC often.
DESCRIBE YOUR ACTIVITY ON THE SERVER:
I have been an avid user of the server for months now, devoting much of my time and energy to the various roles I have been able to assume. My days are filled with activities of all kinds, from being a surgeon for EMS to being a tailor at Euphoria. I am also available if anyone needs assistance with any matters, whether big or small. Whenever I am not asleep, I am willing to chat on Discord and provide whatever help I can!
WHAT POSITION ARE YOU APPLYING FOR?:
I am applying for the position of priest.
WHAT KNOWLEDGE DO YOU CURRENTLY HAVE OF SHINTOISM AND ARE YOU PREPARED/WILLING TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE RELIGION?:
Because Shintoism is not widely practiced in my area, my knowledge of it is limited. However, once my application is approved, I am eager to broaden my understanding of the religion and learn as much as possible. Shintoism is a traditional Japanese religion. It is a polytheistic faith, centered around the worship of Kami, spirits, or gods, who are believed to reside in natural objects and phenomena. The religion places emphasis on the importance of purifying one's body and spirit through ritual acts, such as washing at a fountain or basin at the entrance of a shrine, and on the significance of nature and community. Ancestor veneration is also an important aspect of Shintoism, where deceased ancestors are remembered and honored for their guidance and protection. Shinto followers often participate in communal festivals and rituals to strengthen the bonds within their community and to bring themselves closer to the Kami.
WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT FOR THIS ROLE OVER OTHER APPLICANTS?
To be candid, my current understanding of Shinto history is limited. However, I believe that my level of engagement and dedication to the server sets me apart from other candidates. The rest of my application should demonstrate my potential and highlight my strengths.
DO YOU ACKNOWLEDGE YOU WILL HAVE TO ATTEND MANDATORY TRAINING TO BE TAUGHT MORE ABOUT SHINTOISM AND THE ACCORDING PROCEDURES?:
I acknowledge this fully.

༻*≿════════*༺♔༻*════════≾*༺

SECTION 1: Character Details

CHARACTER FULL NAME:

Azar entered the room and settled into his chair with ease. He fixed his gaze on the interviewers and tried to present himself in the best light. Clearing his throat, he prepared to begin.
“My full name is Azar Sikh. Both my first name and family name have roots that can be traced back to the Persian Empire.”

CHARACTERS TITLE (E.g. Mr. Mrs. Miss):
After a brief moment of contemplation, with his eyes briefly looking upward, Azar refocused his dark brown eyes on the interviewers.
“As for me, I do not hold any strong preferences for how I am addressed. However, if given the option, I would likely choose to be referred to as Mr.”

CHARACTERS AGE (E.g. 21-80):
He answered the question about his age swiftly.
“I am currently twenty-three years of age, having been born on the 25th of January in the year 2000.”

CHARACTER'S MARITAL STATUS:
He confidently replied.
“Presently, I am unattached and am yet to embark on the journey of matrimony.”

CHARACTERS NATIONALITY:
He smirked at the question about his nationality, a hint of pride evident in his expression.
“I am a proud Iranian, despite the fact that I was born here in Japan. My heritage is an integral part of who I am and I am proud to carry it wherever I may be.”

CHARACTERS PHONE-NUMBER:
I will get this to the cloud if I am accepted, as I currently do not have a phone on the account. </3
WHAT IS YOUR MOTIVATION FOR APPLYING TO WORK AT THE MONASTERY?:
“I am impelled by a desire to extend the serenity and satisfaction that stem from adhering to the Kami to others. My belief system is of utmost significance to me, yet I am cognizant of the fact that each individual has their unique journey. I never presume to impose my convictions on others, instead relishing in the dissemination of the principles of Shintoism. My upbringing in a close-knit community where everyone was united through their shared faith was a seminal experience for me, and my move to Karakura was a sobering realization of the disconnection that permeates modern society.”
He confidently crossed his legs and firmly placed one hand over the other.
TELL ME WHAT HISTORY AND INFORMATION YOU KNOW ABOUT THE SHINSEI SEINARU MONASTERY:
“To be truthful, my knowledge about the Shrine's history is limited. I am still relevantly new to Karakura. What I do know is that the Shrine has a rich and long-standing history, with roots tracing back hundreds of years.”
WRITE A LETTER TO THE MONASTERY LEAD:
“I, Azar Sikh, aspire to be as great as you. It would be my greatest honor to serve at this shrine. I would be able to educate people about the greatness of Shintoism, while still holding onto my late parent’s dreams for me. I solemnly swear to uphold my duties here at the shrine upon being accepted."
Sincerely, Azar Sikh

BACKSTORY (100+ Words):
Born on the 25th of January in the year 2000, was a boy who was given the name Azar Sikh. He was born to a couple of Iranian immigrants. They were forced to flee the country for reasons unknown to Azar. They made their way through Asia and arrived in northern Japan. The town that they landed in was tight-knit. They were quickly accepted as a part of the village and converted to Shintoism. Azar was always smaller than the average person. He was born smaller than most people in his small village, weighing an entire pound underweight. The people within his village worried for his parents. They knew the struggles that they had already faced, and the thought of their first son dying was almost too much to bare. Fortunately, the bright kid found a way to pull through. Azar was known as a solitary and scholarly child, with a love of literature that he indulged by purchasing books from around the world during trips to the city with his parents. Despite his parents' concerns, Azar maintained his solitary habits by declining invitations to play with other children in his village or participate in local festivals. His parents were worried that his refusal to participate in community activities and connect with others went against the wishes of the kami. The same spirits who had guided them to their home in Japan saved his life as a baby. As Azar entered his teenage years, his bad behavior became even more pronounced. His once strong belief in religion had all but vanished, and he found himself at odds with the villagers who clung to the false folktales they held dear. Despite this growing divide, Azar kept his opinions to himself, never speaking out against the beliefs of those around him. Despite this, his inner turmoil and disbelief were palpable to those who knew him. He struggled to find meaning in the world, torn between his own skepticism and the convictions of those in his community. As he navigated this difficult period in his life, Azar grappled with his place in the world and struggled to find his own path forward. At the age of 18, Azar made the decision to attend Karakura University, moving away from home and embarking on a new chapter in his life. He was filled with excitement as he packed his belongings into his parents' car, eager to see new sights and experiences. However, tragedy struck during their journey. The accident was a devastating blow for Azar, as he lost both of his parents in the crash. However, in the midst of this tragedy, he had a mystical experience. He recalls a kami appearing and touching his hand, guiding his spirit away from the traumatic scene for the second time in his life. Though the memory is fleeting, it left a lasting impact on Azar. Despite the setback, it was also a turning point for him, as he chose to embrace this tragedy as an opportunity for growth and change. He saw it as a chance to start anew and begin shaping his life in a way that was more meaningful and fulfilling life. A Shinto way of life.

SECTION 2: Self-Knowledge Details

What duties do Shinto Priests and Maidens have?:

“Generally, they both have primarily the same duties. The thing that separates them is their gender. Priests are responsible for a variety of duties. Priests carry out rituals and ceremonies making sure that they abide by Shintoism's customs and principles.”
He momentarily paused to gather his thoughts before resuming
“Priests are responsible for the upkeep of the shrine. Making sure that the actual physical structure of the shrine is adequate enough to maintain peace within it. Priests also act as a guide to individuals looking for solutions to life's numerous questions. Shrine Maidens, like the Priest are very important to the shrine. They are often referred to as ‘Miko.’ They can often be seen assisting priests in whatever tasks they may need help with."

What are the steps needed to be taken at the purification trough before entering the Shrine?:
“This is a rather easy one.”
He smirked in response to the question, exuding self-assurance.
“A wooden ladle is conveniently placed near the water trough for this purpose. You take hold of the ladle and commence the purification process. First, you must thoroughly rinse each of my hands. Then, you form a cup using my hands, fill it with water from the ladle, and drink from it. Any remnants are then respectfully expelled. This ritual symbolizes the purification of the body, mind, and spirit, preparing one their my visit to the sacred space of the shrine.”

How are offerings to Kami performed?:
“The ritual of making offerings to the Kami is typically performed after completing the purification process. Before entering the shrine, one must demonstrate reverence by performing a bow in front of its gate. The offering, which is usually composed of food, drink, or other items believed to appease the Kami, is brought with the individual as they enter the shrine.”
He once again paused to recollect his thoughts.
“It is then customary to ring the bell, the purpose of which is somewhat debated. Some believe that it serves to attract the kami, while others consider it to be a symbol of good fortune. Regardless, after the bell is rung, one must execute two respectful bows, followed by two claps. With these preliminary steps observed, one may proceed to make a prayer.”

How do you perform a tea ceremony ritual?:
“The tea ceremony host will establish a designated space known as a tea room. This traditional setting typically features a tatami mat floor, a tokonoma alcove displaying works of art, and a table where the tea is served. The guests are greeted by meticulously arranged tea utensils, and they are encouraged to purify themselves through the previously discussed steps.”
“The host then goes on to meticulously prepare the tea by heating the water and whisking the tea in a tea bowl. The tea is presented to the guests with intricate etiquette, which encompasses the manner in which the tea bowl is held and the way the tea is served. These rituals are performed purely for the purpose of enjoyment.”

Explain what a Tamagushi, Ofuda, and Kagura Suzu is and what they're used for:
“The Tamagushi is a ceremonial implement utilized in rituals, symbolizing an offering to the kami in hopes of gaining their favor and protection. These offerings often consist of branches of the Sasaki variety and are utilized in events such as weddings and funerals. An Ofuda represents a talismanic emblem, inscribed with the appellation of a particular deity. It is utilized as an amulet to deter malevolent forces and attract prosperity and fortune. These talismans are frequently positioned in one's abode, mode of transportation, or place of work to secure the divine blessings of the deity. The Kagura Suzu constitutes a collection of 12 bells utilized in sacred dances and rituals. These bells serve as a signal for the initiation of a ceremony or to summon the presence of the kami. Typically fabricated from brass or bronze, the Kagura Suzu is suspended by a rope and is considered to be a sacred musical instrument.”
(OPTIONAL) Based on your character; which other Kami would they worship?:
N/A

༻*≿════════*༺♔༻*════════≾*༺​

Last edited:

Yume_

Level 85
Shrine Lead
Lore Team
ACCEPTED

Thank you for taking your time to apply. As a team we've come to the decision to accept your application. Congratulations on becoming a priest, if you aren't already, please join the Karakura Town discord and request your roles. I do appreciate the creativity put into your app. However, next time for an application there's no need to link a music video.

https://discord.gg/E7c2v36bDp

Users who are viewing this thread