Aether#4432

WHAT IS YOUR TIMEZONE?:

CET

LIST ANY PREVIOUS BANS:

None.

DO YOU HAVE A MICROPHONE?:

I do.

DESCRIBE YOUR ACTIVITY ON THE SERVER:

I believe that I am very active, maintaining 10+ hours guaranteed in a week.

WHAT POSITION ARE YOU APPLYING FOR?:

Shrine Priest.

WHAT KNOWLEDGE DO YOU CURRENTLY HAVE OF SHINTOISM AND ARE YOU PREPARED/WILLING TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE RELIGION?:

I believe that Shintoism is an ethnic religion that originated from Japan. And that the word ‘Kami’ is a Japanese term that pertains to a divine being, god, deity, divinity, spirit, or an aspect of spirituality. Kami represents nature and positive and negative characteristics. They are believed to be close to human beings, and that they respond to human prayers.

I know that Shinto means “Way of the Gods” it is mostly only practiced by Japanese folk in Japan and in Japanese diaspora communities. It is an integral part of Japanese culture and Japanese people too. Kami, spirits or gods are supernatural entities believed to inhabit all things. Ancestor worship is very important. Ancestors can evolve into kami too. Kami are believed to be capable of both benevolent and destructive deeds. Offerings and prayers are given to the kami to gain their blessings and to dissuade them from engaging in destructive actions. Shinto seeks to cultivate and ensure a harmonious relationship between humans and the kami and thus with the natural world.

This is all my knowledge on this topic. As I do want to learn more about this divine religion.

WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT FOR THIS ROLE OVER OTHER APPLICANTS?

I stand out from the other applicants because I am confident in my abilities. That refers to my presence, as I will always be active and ready to assist members of the community in need, including the other Shrine Maidens. Furthermore, my creativity knows no bounds. I can make up a story out of thin air and use it as a skill in further more roleplays. Aside from that, my commitment to teamwork will come in handy because working in the Shrine wouldn't be fun if I didn't cooperate with the other members of the community.

DO YOU ACKNOWLEDGE YOU WILL HAVE TO ATTEND MANDATORY TRAININGS TO BE TAUGHT MORE ABOUT SHINTOISM AND THE ACCORDING PROCEDURES?:

I agree to follow all of the procedures; as a Shrine member, this is critical. As a result, our image will always be pristine. Following the procedures is mandatory as a member or not, and not doing so would be lying about my motivation for wanting to be a Shrine priest. Its purpose is to keep everything running within the Shrine.

───────────────────────────────────────
In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: Character Details

CHARACTERS FULL NAME:

Hansel Desmond

CHARACTERS TITLE (E.g. Mr. Mrs. Miss):

Sir/Mister

CHARACTERS AGE (E.g. 21-80):

CHARACTERS MARITAL STATUS:

Single

CHARACTERS NATIONALITY:

German

CHARACTERS PHONE-NUMBER:

030-196-4205

WHAT IS YOUR MOTIVATION FOR APPLYING TO WORK AT THE MONASTERY?:

Shintoism is very important to me, I will make every effort to uphold and defend their values by assisting new members. I will assist them with any questions they may have about Shintoism, its history, and other topics. Not only that, but I'll make it a point to inform them about shintoism and how welcoming it is. I want them to feel safe, welcomed, and a part of our community, just as the Shrine priests and Shrine Maidens did for me. Finally, I will ensure that the Shrine is safe for everyone to interact in.

TELL ME WHAT HISTORY AND INFORMATION YOU KNOW ABOUT THE SHINSEI SEINARU MONASTERY:

the original shrine unfortunately got burned to the ground. However the old shrine building still remains, it is just unused.
There are many believes around it. Some people believe that the Kami itself did it when it was at unease. Some however think that it was a natural cause.
And even that someone did it! However unfortunately we will never truly know what happened since none of us were born back then.

WRITE A LETTER TO THE MONASTERY LEAD :

Dear Monastery lead,

I am grateful to you for making this reality, a beautiful shrine in which my friends and I have a lot of fun. Furthermore, I have a great deal of respect for you and will always be there for you no matter what happens, even when I am doubtful. Finally, I am extremely proud of what you have accomplished. We are now a society that demonstrates that you have advanced, and it is a brand new beginning for us! If I were to pass this application, I would first thank you. for taking the time and patience to read my application and felt that I deserved to pass. Then I'd like to start a new era. As a new priest, I'd like to learn how to play and receive proper instruction. Being a Shrine Maiden is already a big deal for me, and I would enjoy every single shift. I would also like to inspire the next generation of maidens or even priests with my strong work ethic, just as I was inspired to apply after seeing how the current shrine maidens and priests work and handle a large number of Civilians on their own. If I may say so, it is quite impressive. I don't want to offend or harm anyone by disrespecting them. I am a strong empath, which is why I believe it is critical for me to avoid hurting anyone's feelings.

Signed by Hansel Desmond

BACKSTORY (100+ Words):

Hansel Desmond's backstory

In medieval Germany, Hansel and Gretel are the young children of a poor woodcutter. When a famine settles over the land, the woodcutter's second wife tells the woodcutter to take the children into the woods and leave them there to fend for themselves, so that she and her husband do not starve to death. The woodcutter opposes the plan, but his wife claims that maybe a stranger will take the children in and provide for them, which the woodcutter and she simply cannot do. With the scheme seemingly justified, the woodcutter reluctantly is forced to submit to it. They are unaware that in the children's bedroom, Hansel and Gretel have overheard them. After the parents have gone to bed, Hansel sneaks out of the house and gathers as many white pebbles as he can, then returns to his room, reassuring Gretel that God will not forsake them.

The next day, the family walk deep into the woods and Hansel lays a trail of white pebbles. After their parents abandon them, the children wait for the moon to rise and then follow the pebbles back home. They return home safely, much to their stepmother's rage. Once again, provisions become scarce and the stepmother angrily orders her husband to take the children further into the woods and leave them there. Hansel and Gretel attempt to gather more pebbles, but find the front door locked.

The following morning, the family treks into the woods. Hansel takes a slice of bread and leaves a trail of bread crumbs for them to follow to return back home. However, after they are once again abandoned, they find that the birds have eaten the crumbs and they are lost in the woods. After days of wandering, they follow a dove to a clearing in the woods, and discover a gingerbread house. Hungry and tired, the children begin to eat the house, when the door opens and the elderly woman that lives there emerges and lures the children inside with the promise of soft beds and delicious food. They enter without realizing that their hostess is a witch who built the gingerbread house to waylay children to cook and eat them.

The next morning, the witch locks Hansel in an iron cage in the garden and forces Gretel into becoming a slave. The witch feeds Hansel regularly to fatten him up, but serves Gretel nothing but crab shells. The witch then tries to touch Hansel's finger to see how fat he has become, but Hansel cleverly offers a thin bone he found in the cage. As the witch's eyes are too weak to notice the deception, she is fooled into thinking Hansel is still too thin to eat. After weeks of this, the witch grows impatient and decides to eat Hansel anyway.

She prepares the oven for Hansel, but decides she is hungry enough to eat Gretel, too. She coaxes Gretel to the open oven and asks her to lean over in front of it to see if the fire is hot enough. Gretel, sensing the witch's intent, pretends she does not understand what the witch means. Infuriated, the witch demonstrates, and Gretel instantly shoves her into the hot oven, slams and bolts the door shut, killing the witch. Gretel frees Hansel from the cage and the pair discover a vase full of treasure, including precious stones. Putting the jewels into their clothing, the children set off for home. A white duck (swan in some versions) ferries them across an expanse of water, and at home they find only their father; his wife having died from an unknown cause. Their father had spent all his days lamenting the loss of his children, and is delighted to see them safe and sound. With the witch's wealth, they all live happily ever after.

- Aether#4432

SECTION 2: Self-Knowledge Details

What duties do Shinto Priests and Maidens have?:

Shinto Priests take care of the Shrine, aswell as execute rituals The Priests would perfome the Rituals while the Maidens would also take care of the shrine and assist the Shrine Priest.

What are the steps needed to be taken at the purification trough before entering the Shrine?:

First you stand infront of the Tsukubai. (think of it as a filled up sink, used for purifying).
Bow infront of the water basin Before picking up the ladle within your right hand. Scoop
up the water and carefully pour it into your left hand. Next you'd do the same to your right hand
before bringing the ladle up to your mouth, then take a swig of the water and swish it around your mouth.
Afterwards you'd spit the water out to the rocks on your feet before putting the ladle back down.

How are offerings to a Kami performed?:

The kami can read your thoughts so you don't have to physically say your prayer.
You carefully put 100 yen in the offering box. Then you would bow twice before clapping twice.
say your prayer in your mind or out loud. Afterwards bow down again.

How do you perform a tea ceremony ritual?:

First you take the utensils such as a pot and fresh water and an incense, tea bowls and finally macha.
Heat the water within the kettle. You then take it off as it boils. Then carefully pour it in the teapot.
Next you would activate the incense which would cleanse the tea bowls. Then you sprinkle the macha in
each of the cups before following it with the boiling water. Then you would mix them together.

Explain what a Tamagushi, Ofuda and Kagura Suzu is and what they're used for:

An Ofuda is basically a more powerful omamori. They are little Talismans they are believed to carry luck and protection to the beholders.
A Kagura Suzu is a stick of bells used in the kagura dance performed by maidens.
The tamagushi is another sacred object used in rituals performed by priests.

(OPTIONAL) Based on your character; which other Kami would they worship?:

Benzaiten, because they both share the passion of love and affection.
───────────────────────────────────────

Last edited:

Yume_

Level 85
Shrine Lead
Lore Team
ACCEPTED

Thank you for taking your time to apply. As a team we've come to the decision to accept your application. Congratulations on becoming a priest, if you aren't already, please join the Karakura Town discord and request your roles.

https://discord.gg/E7c2v36bDp

Users who are viewing this thread