Aether#4432

WHAT IS YOUR TIMEZONE?:

CET (Central European Time)

LIST ANY PREVIOUS BANS:

None, and I'd like to keep it that way! <3

DO YOU HAVE A MICROPHONE?:

Mhm, I do!

DESCRIBE YOUR ACTIVITY ON THE SERVER:

First and foremost, I am a very active person within the server, I can play 2-4 hours in a day and maintain this same posture during the whole week. However sometimes school comes in and I have to focus on something else than SRP although I'll still play every week, this won't be a habit or a continuous cycle. Besides that, I've show my activity on the server multiple times.

WHAT POSITION ARE YOU APPLYING FOR?:

I am applying for Shinto Priest

WHAT KNOWLEDGE DO YOU CURRENTLY HAVE OF SHINTOISM AND ARE YOU PREPARED/WILLING TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE RELIGION?:

Shintoism is a Japanese religion whereby offerings and prayers are given to the Kami to gain their blessings and to avoid them getting distressed and instead feel at ease.
Kami represents nature, negative as well as positive characteristics. Kami are believed to be spiritually close to human beings as they listen to their prayers whenever they pray.
I also know that Shinto means "way of the gods” and that Japanese folk mostly perform this. Kami are said to be everywhere as well as live anywhere.

Shintoism mainly revolves around purity, harmony and family respect, furthermore Kami can influence the course of natural forces and human events, they are basically a part of the world. Almost every Shrine has one kami they devote themselves to however some devote themselves to multiple, the one at the Monastery would be the mountain kami (I believe, correct me if I am however wrong.) also known as Yama-no-Kami.

I also believe that there is no original owner, however they worshiped their divine ancestors. You can easily indicate what Jinja looks like by just seeing the Torii. The Torii is believed to be a sacred pathway for the Kami. Before entering the shrine you must cleanse yourself by washing your hands and rinsing your mouth at the Tsubakai. I possess the knowledge of the omamori as it is a small embroidered sachet containing prayers to protect the individual from any evil lurking around.

And I do wanna learn more about the religion itself, I am fully devoting myself to this and I do hope that I'll succeed. I genuinely mean it when I say "And I do wanna learn more about the religion itself"

WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT FOR THIS ROLE OVER OTHER APPLICANTS?

I stand out because I will contribute to the shrine by assisting the servers in need whenever I am online. In addition, I will take the initiative to report any bad behavior by citizens toward another citizen or even a member in our community. I already have experience myself, however it isn't a lot. Though I would like to try again! Aside from that, it is my duty as a priest to stand up to the raiders and trolls; I don't want the newest members to have a negative impression of us because of them. Finally, I will invite my acquaintances and friends to join these sacred grounds. Furthermore, as I said I already have some experience myself as a priest. I still have those skills in me when I was genuinely doing my job and not cause drama, I feel like that could boost my application and makes me stand out over other applicants. I know the basics of the shrine and I know the rules now. I've taken it all in to account and I will never forget.

DO YOU ACKNOWLEDGE YOU WILL HAVE TO ATTEND MANDATORY TRAININGS TO BE TAUGHT MORE ABOUT SHINTOISM AND THE ACCORDING PROCEDURES?:

I do acknowledge that I have to attend trainings which I have been doing. And yes this is critical, what help are you if you do not wanna learn about the religion itself? I have no reason to not follow the according procedures leading onto that I will follow them. As the image of the Shrine should still stay pristine even in times off doubt. As followed I acknowledge that they are mandatory and I completely understand every single part of it, as I will attend the trainings if I get accepted.

───────────────────────────────────────
In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: Character Details

CHARACTERS FULL NAME:

Hansel Y. Desmond

CHARACTERS TITLE (E.g. Mr. Mrs. Miss):

Mr

CHARACTERS AGE (E.g. 21-80):

CHARACTERS MARITAL STATUS:

Single

CHARACTERS NATIONALITY:

German

CHARACTERS PHONE-NUMBER:

030-196-4205

WHAT IS YOUR MOTIVATION FOR APPLYING TO WORK AT THE MONASTERY?:

I am proud to be a part of something big as a member of the Shrine community. In fact, I support every member of our community. As a minority, it is critical that we support one another and do not split apart. Furthermore, I wanna devote myself to the shrine because of the beautiful sight in which my friends and I have a lot of fun in. I also mainly appreciate the shrine members. The majority are nice to me and they make me feel welcomed and I really miss that feeling, it isn't the same. Furthermore, Shrine members are always willing to assist me, and it is because of them that I have decided to join and become more involved in the community leading me to applying. I also believe that being accepted will heal my relationship with Gredl!

TELL ME WHAT HISTORY AND INFORMATION YOU KNOW ABOUT THE SHINSEI SEINARU MONASTERY:

The original shrine got burned down, however the old one still remains intact it just ain't getting used by anyone. Maybe people have different believes around what happened. Blaming the kami and some blame nature itself saying that it was because of a natural cause. Although we will never really know what truly happened seeing how we were never there ourselves so we could never really know what truly happened on that unfortunate day.

WRITE A LETTER TO THE MONASTERY LEAD :

"Mark my words: I will never, ever lie to the workers of the shrine ever again, furthermore I will never, ever purposely be rude to anyone, any individual which I do not have a deep connection with. I am now truly committed to each individual's well-being, and lying would be a violation of the rule I setted for myself. Lying may help you get out of trouble, but the truth will always come out. I'd rather be truthful and honest than lie and risk being caught. I have been through this once and I would not want this to happen ever again, it was truly embarrassing and I do not wish to be put in that position ever again.

As I mentioned before, I will always be there for you no matter what happens, even when I am doubtful.
I have learned that I must not be disrespectful or deceitful to the Shrine workers or any other human being, because they respect me. They are entitled to the same treatment as we are. Because we all have emotions, I don't want to offend or harm anyone anymore by disrespecting them. Further Lying to the shrine members would be a huge mistake; I've seen people and myself get exposed several times, which is very embarrassing. I don't want to be in this situation ever again! And I will not, under any circumstances, lie to any Shrine member ever again.

Besides, my point of view will never change. Cloud is the shrine community's great leader, and I owe him everything. They deserve to be respected, and thanking them is insufficient. They have done what others have not been able to do by creating this wonderful community with the other upper ranks. The community is fantastic, and I am always happy to chat with other members, whether in game or on the communication group. I also wanna personally thank you again for giving me the opportunity to re-apply, I will behave myself from now on. No, I will make it my duty to be respectful and polite. You have my word on this. I will guarantee changes even if I get accepted, being accepted or not doesn't matter I have already changed myself. I also wanna thank you again for taking the time to read this message as I really do believe about changing to the better not to only benefit the application but also to benefit myself, me as a human being, my motivation and devotion to the shrine made me apply again, aswell as my dear sister ofcourse. I really hope to get another chance to better myself from my past mistakes, rewrite my past in a pragmatic way, a way where people can look at me as a person they couldn't wanna get rid off. as I said MARK MY WORDS.
"

- Hansel Desmond

BACKSTORY (100+ Words):

Hansel Desmond's backstory

Hansel was born within a german loud family, a family of dozens of people. There would always be some sort of ruckus going on inside of their house, Hansel would go to a Shrine to put his soul and spirit to rest, to feel free and at peace. Whenever he got the chance he'd even go over to rest at the hot springs, he'd actually do it quite often along with his friend and sister. His favorite sister would practically be his younger sister. A priest taught them most of the things that needed to be known for the shrine.

Not long after knowing how to pray and do offerings he got kicked out of his Christian family for worshiping something that they didn't believe in. They disclosed him from his own family and mistreated him, he had no other place to stay. His younger sister however came along with Hansel and they both went to the shrine, Hansel would look at the trees and the beautiful Torii up front, before entering the shrine he would wash his hands inside of the Temizuya before entering. He'd tell the priest his whole story and how their parents kicked him out for showing more personal interest into shintoism, the priest nodded and insisted that hansel and his younger sister could stay at the shrine as long as they'd like, Hansel and his younger sister accepted the offer with all the respect he could possibly give as he deeply bowed, shedding a tear for the priests hospitality.

After a while he and his younger sister would learn the basics of Shintoism and so on continue learning how to do specific things, he grew up within the religion itself. He never felt so accepted and loved by anyone before, working alongside the priest was an honor to them. He felt that this job was fitted for him and would pledge his loyalty to the shrine and the priest telling them that they'd never leave their side. He would proceed to visit newcomers and visitors alongside his sister as the priest could rest, while they would hold daily conversations with people from the shrine, however he'd pay attention to the guests whenever they came bowing.

These actions rapidly grew into a habit, he would begin seeing it as his hobby. He really enjoyed communication with other people and assisting those whoever is in need while spreading shintoism across the whole city, he wanted to let everyone know that he existed and that shintoism existed alongside him and that you can change your religion no matter what it is, no matter what other people think about you. Whatever you like you should go for even if it regards your parents. It's your choice and yours to take alone.

Hansel always took notice of how people feel spiritually and mentally. However Hansel fell into a deep depression himself after his dog called 'Lala Loopsey' died because of liver cancer. His dog was what made him happy, the shrine cheered him up and after a while he got over it, however bringing up the topic could make him emotionally unstable. In addition; he did have his younger sister to always be there for him in times in need.

He built a strong feeling of love and affection towards everyone after a while because he was intrigued with the people that worked and came to the shrine as they were always really polite and respectful, bowing, welcoming etc. As Hansel is a strong empath and he personally doesn't wanna hurt anyone's feelings just like his parents had hurt his feelings, he doesn't want tears to be shed. This is why he does not wanna hurt anyone's feelings and why he doesn't wanna harm anyone and disrespect them in any way! He would fall in love with whoever came inside of the shrine abiding the rules and not doing this he'd not like as in stirring things up. Hansel would've always protected the values of the Shrine at all costs even when doubted by others. His passion is real and still living on t'ill this day onward!

SECTION 2: Self-Knowledge Details

What duties do Shinto Priests and Maidens have?:

Shinto Priests take care of the Shrine, aswell as perform rituals, they are out to communicate with newcomers and warmly welcome them

The Shrine maidens however take care of the Shrine aswell as execute the Kagura dance and furthermore assist the priest, along with holding tea ceremonies.

What are the steps needed to be taken at the purification trough before entering the Shrine?:

You'd firstly want to stand infront of the water basin (Temizuya) first you'd bow before grabbing the ladle putting it inside of the water basin and scooping it back up afterwards pouring it carefully into your left hand, you'd repeat the same action but this time in to your right hand. Afterward taking the ladle up to your mouth and taking a sip of it before swishing it thoroughly throughout your mouth before spitting the water back out. As lastly you'd wanna ofcourse put the ladle back down!

How are offerings to a Kami performed?:

First you'd deposit 100 Yen inside of the offering box (also known as a saisen box) before potentially ringing the bell to grab the kamis attention, after that you'd bow twice before clapping twice say your prayer out loud or within your mind as the kami can hear your thoughts either way and as last but not least bow back again.

How do you perform a tea ceremony ritual?:

First, you'd wanna gather your utensils, a pot, tea pots, incense and macha.
After that, you'd wanna fill up the kettle with water and heat it up.
Once it is heated you would wanna carefully grab it and pour it into the pot before using the incense to cleanse the tea bowls, after successfully cleansing the tea bowls you would wanna bow before using the macha to sprinkle into each one of those tea bowls. afterwards following it with the boiling water which you poured into the pot, after mixing it together that would conclude the tea ceremony ritual.

Explain what a Tamagushi, Ofuda and Kagura Suzu is and what they're used for:

Tamagushi:

The Tamagushi is a sacred object used in rituals which are performed by priests. It is a Sakaki tree branch with cotton, silk or washi paper strips.
Mainly executed at Japanese Weddings, funerals and other kinds of events.

Ofuda:

Is another form, a stronger form of an omamori it is a is a talisman used to bring luck and protect the individual who carries it around along with them, they are also used to ward off spirits.

Kagura Suzu:

A branch with bells they are used for the sacred Kagura dance, which are what maidens do. You have three tiers as followed; You'll see six bells on the bottom following to four and as last you'll see two more bells on the top.

(OPTIONAL) Based on your character; which other Kami would they worship?:

Benzaiten, because they both share the passion of love and affection.
─────────────────────────────────────── p

Last edited:

Yume_

Level 85
Shrine Lead
Lore Team
DENIED

Thank you for taking your time to apply and write out a backstory. However, as a team we've come to the decision to deny your app at this time Feel free to reapply in the future!

Users who are viewing this thread