ivette#7231

PREVIOUS BANS:
None.

DO YOU HAVE A WORKING MICROPHONE FOR DISCORD CALLS:
Yes, I do!

POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR:
I am applying for the Priest role.

DESCRIBE YOUR ACTIVITY ON THE SERVER:
I’d consider myself active as I’m usually on for about 4-6 hours most of the time roleplaying with friends and others.

WHAT KNOWLEDGE DO YOU CURRENTLY HAVE OF SHINTOISM AND ARE YOU PREPARED TO LEARN ABOUT THE RELIGION?:
In terms of Shintoism, I am familiar with the fundamentals of the religion. I am aware that it is a Japanese religion that observes everyday rituals. Shintoism is largely reliant on tradition. As in the past I was a Shrine Maiden for a couple of months, I do know much and well about Shintoism.

WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT FOR THIS ROLE OVER OTHER APPLICANTS?:
I would think that I have good experience with detailrp and other role plays based on the amount of time I've spent on SRP. I used to be a Shrine Maiden though it hasn’t been long since I’ve left; while being in the faction, I stood for about eight months. I had to leave due to inactivity, but it had been a fantastic experience. I can provide good online activity while also assisting others in learning about the Monastery.

In-Character Information

FULL NAME: Danuja Tsukumo

WHAT IS YOUR AGE?: Thirty-Nine (39)

WHY ARE YOU APPLYING TO WORK AT THE MONASTERY?:
A position as a Shinkan was offered to me by a close friend of mine– who is also the Kannushi of the shrine, Ikuya Katsuhira. Because my daughter currently attends the college here in Karakura, I thought the job position would fit me. Although my overall experience as a Priest is much less than the other applicants, I strongly believe I’ll be able to improve not only as a person here at the Shinsei Seinaru Monastery, but also as a Shinkan.

TELL ME WHAT HISTORY AND INFORMATION YOU KNOW ABOUT SHINSEI SEINARU MONASTERY:
Most of the structures within the Monastery were fully burned, destroyed, or in pieces, according to what I know about the monastery's history and knowledge. Though one remained, it was the Yama-No-original Kami's shrine. Because it was built into the mountain itself to shelter the kami, this shrine stands as the present highest structure inside the grounds and the closest to the kami. Another possibility is that the monastery was constructed long before the area was settled. It was seen to be a more spiritual location than others because of its secluded location amidst nature in the forested highlands of Mt. Daichi, as well as its elevation; being so high, it was closer to the skies. It was thought to be a gathering spot for many gods, yet the grounds did belong to one god, Yama-no-Kami.

TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF:
On May 4th, 1983. Danuja Tsukumo was born to Chei Masabi and Nathaniel Tsukumo. Danuja had became the first and only child of the two due to them not wanting anymore kids. His parents had taught Danuja to be respectful and kind to everyone and everything he interacted with so until now he is still the gentleman he was born to be. As time went by, Danuja, first honors student in high school led him to be able to graduate at sixteen. After high school, he pursued his way to college to make his parents proud. This did not go as well as expected.

While in college, he met a woman named Jennie Soo. Soon enough, they started going on dates which led to them dating. It went well for the first couple of months until they found out she was pregnant. As they were both happy, Jennie developed some medical problems while being pregnant, she ended up dropping out - so did Danuja. Both their parents were disappointed of them dropping out but still happy for the child. They stood together the entire pregnancy, but when it was time for Jeenie to have the baby, she sadly passed away shortly after. Danuja had to come up with a name for the baby by himself, he decided to name her Delilah Tsukumo. As this was really hard on Danuja, throughout a few years he’s managed to take care of Delilah on his own. He was now in a better mental state then before with the help of his family and beloved daughter.

LETTER TO THE MONASTERY LEAD:
Shrine Lead,
I'm writing to express my interest in working at the Shinsei Seinaru Monastery on a permanent basis. I don't have much experience as a Priest, though I've been studying how to become one for a few months and successfully passed the first training. I believe I am currently more than qualified to work at the Monastery as a Shinkan here in Karakura. The main reason I chose this particular location is that this Shrine practices multiple religions, and working here would allow me to expand my knowledge of religions other than Shintoism.
Sincerely, Danuja Tsukumo​

Knowledge Section

What are the steps before entering the Shrine?
Certain stages change depending on whatever shrine you visit, but the most common are bowing before each Torii along the walk leading up to the Monastery. Following that, you'll come across a "Temizuya," a fountain in front of the Monastery with wooden ladles for visitors to purify themselves before entering the Shrine Grounds. To begin, take the ladle in your right hand and scoop water while pouring it onto your left. You'd do it again, but this time with your hands switched, bringing the tip of the ladle to your mouth and washing it with water before spitting the rest onto the rocks below. Allowing the water to flow down by tilting the ladle upwards once finished.

How are rituals to a Kami performed?
It can be difficult to make an offering to the Kami at times. It is, however, much easier if you know the steps. Walking up to the offering box and placing whatever offering you would like to present to the Kami is a straightforward and customary approach to make an offering to the Kami. (For instance, 100 yen) Following that, you would ring the bell in front of the Honden and bow twice. You would then clap twice and say your prayers. When you're finished, bow once more to complete the ritual.

What is the job of a Shinto Priest and Maiden?
Despite the fact that both Shinto Priests and Shrine Maidens work and reside on shrine grounds, their jobs are vastly different. Shinto Priests, for example, are expected to interact with other citizens and to travel outside of the Monastery considerably more than Shrine Maidens. Shrine Maidens are supposed to stay in the Monastery most of the time, assisting with Shinkan rites and even hosting tea ceremonies.

Someone wishes to receive a rite of passage for their child, how do you
proceed?
First off, I would ask about their child’s age. If they have not turned one month old, I'd proceed to tell them about Hatsumiyamairi, a traditional Japanese rite that varies based on the gender of their child. If their child is a girl, the ceremony will take place exactly 33 days after their birth. If their child is a male, the time period is cut in half, to 32 days. This rite grants the Kami's protection to the infant for the rest of his or her life.

Someone comes to the shrine and asks for information about Shintoism, what can you respond to them with using your own knowledge about the religion?

To begin, I'd like to discuss the lore surrounding the Monastery, which can be found on this page. After that, I'd start talking about the beginnings of Shintoism and how it became one of Japan's most popular religions. Many customs in Japanese daily life may be traced back to Shintoism, which could be included in any examples that are given.​

TaxEvasionFraud

Level 37
TaxEvasionFraud
TaxEvasionFraud
Notable
[ ACCEPTED ]
──────────────────────────────────
Welcome to the Monastery team!

If you are not already in the Karakura Town discord, CLICK HERE to join
Upon checking the #help channel, if you have not already received your roles, go ahead and ping the Shrine faction lead
- - - -
The next time you are online on your Shrine account, send in a /help for your PRIEST role : (Include your age in the ticket)
If no one is able to change your role at the current time ; Fill out a role request HERE and wait for a staff member to review your request

Any questions can be forwarded to my DMs, Reinahx#0069
──────────────────────────────────​

Users who are viewing this thread