players online

Accepted Professor Application | hkoi

atkoi

Level 27
OOC SECTION

What is your Minecraft username?:

hkoi

Do you have any previous bans/warnings?:
When it comes to previous bans on the server, I have two from around the time I'd first started playing on the server. One of them was classified as unserious roleplay while the other was a misunderstanding that had quickly been cleared up. Since these bans, my record has been spotless and I plan on keeping it that way.

What is your time zone?:
EST

What is your discord username and discriminator? (e.g. Tippie#6666):
atkoi#7205

Link all previous applications you made on the server:

LANGUAGE APPLICATIONS (30)

Latin Application - Accepted
Chinese Application - Accepted
Jin Application - Accepted
Italian Application - Accepted
3rd Language Slot - Accepted
Korean Application - Accepted
JSL Application - Accepted
Jin Application - Accepted
Korean Application - Denied
Korean Application - Accepted
German Application - Accepted
Chinese Application - Accepted
3rd Language Slot - Accepted
3rd Language Slot - Denied
Russian Application - Accepted
Russian Application - Denied
French Application - Accepted
French Application - Denied
German Application - Denied
German Application - Denied

FACTION APPLICATION (11)
EMS Surgeon Application - Accepted
Governor Application - Accepted
Priest Application - Accepted
EMS Surgeon Application - Accepted
Governor Application - Denied
KPD Application - Denied
HS Council Application - Accepted
Lawyer Application - Accepted
KPD Application - Denied
Art Teacher Application - Accepted
Art Teacher Application - Denied

COMMUNITY TEAMS (4)
Media Team Application - Accepted
Event Team Application - Accepted
3D Modeler Application - Accepted
Builder Application - Accepted

Describe your activity on SchoolRP:

My activity on SchoolRP typically sits between 4 and 7 hours depending on the day and time. I’ve been fairly consistent with logging on and roleplaying as well as building and helping others out with whatever may be needed. I have had no issue with activity without first putting an inactivity log in the correct channels, and they typically are only based around having decreased activity for up to a week at a time. I've taken part in many of the roles the server has to offer, my first role being a teacher on my wkoi account. I'd decided on an art class, and instead of sticking to the typical 'give them a prompt to draw and call it a day' I'd give a short lecture, teaching color theory and focusing on different parts of art that would be important, then having the students apply the things they'd learned into a detailrp of some artwork. I'd host classes where we'd step outside to paint on rocks, or create art out of the things we'd found. I worked my way up quickly through my time as a teacher and eventually was Qualified before I'd left the faction due to needing a break. The account was applied to being in EMS as a surgeon, and I'd exceeded expectations that had been set on me, going above and beyond, breaking records. On my hkoi accont, I'd applied to be a lawyer, then later on as a governor. My most notable ranks on the server were based in the community teams SchoolRP has to offer. I'd applied as a builder on my main account, helping with event maps and props, building apartments for others and tower floors. My alternative account, wkoi, had been a 3d modeller around this time as well, where I specialized in making car models for players. I've worked pretty hard to get to where I am now on the server, staying active and gaining a positive reputation within the community. My activity has never disappointed anyone around me. Currently, I focus on my EMS and Football accounts as those are both the ones where I'm needed most, but I have plenty of time between them to hang out and do nothing. . so why not expand, moving onto being a professor, hosting classes? I can understand there may be some hesitation on accepting me due to my accounts with their ranks, but I can assure that I've put plenty of thought into this application and, upon writing it, have decided I can meet my quota's without issue.

Describe your roleplay experience with SchoolRP and other roleplay networks in general:
On SchoolRP, my roleplay experience consists of what you'd typically expect from the average player. Outside of the roles I have obtained in the factions, I'm usually found going over-the-top with detailing my messages. I am typically roleplaying on my college account, adult, or surgeon account. On my college account I'm on the football team, playing a character who has a fascination with all things robotic and fashion alike, yet always finding himself in a fight of some sort thanks to the rivalry. My adult account can be found peeking into the hospital often, or standing in the graveyard in front of a particular headstone. On my surgeon account, it's pretty general roleplay, taking care of patients as they come in and going well into detail per procedure to ensure everything is straight forward and taken care of correctly. I don't roleplay outside of the server, so SchoolRP is the only place I'd really have any experiences in.

What are your current roles on SchoolRP:
My current roles on SchoolRP are as follows:
atkoi - Football and Builder
wkoi - Surgeon
jaecloud - Cat
hkoi - Adult
coffeeworm - Grade-11

What is the subject you want to teach?:
The subject I’m interested in teaching currently is Marine biology.

TRIVIA SECTION

What is your motivation for becoming a professor?:

Back when I’d first started playing on the server, I enjoyed joining the classes and participating in whatever the teacher had planned. Their classes were a hit or miss, either we were bored, sitting at a desk and doing nothing but reading over massive paragraphs, or we’d go on little adventures to, say, the beach or the back of the school. I’d eventually applied to be a teacher, planning out interactive classes revolving around art, giving a short lecture and having students detailrp out making art based off of the lecture given. We’d go on frequent trips to the back of the school, painting on rocks or creating art out of the things we’d find out there, and of course I’d reward them as necessary with stickers and whatnot.
I’d left due to having a lot on my plate at the time, plenty of stuff going on OOCly.
Now, I’m here wanting to return, but this time as a professor. I’ve been told it’s easier as a professor due to not having the greenies or tons of gangrpers interrupting classes or failrping, and my only worry is having classes where everyone is zoned out, tabbed away from minecraft unless I make things interesting. This worry of course is going to be worked on, I’ll do my best by focusing on making classes interesting for students.
As previously stated, the subject I plan on teaching is Marine biology. When I was in high school, I had a wonderful teacher who had interactive classes I’d always enjoyed. While yes, half the time it was reading from a textbook, the other half of the time we were able to look at corals and fish up close and personal, even having a class where we’d cut open a shark and looked at the anatomy of it.
With that being said, thinking back to those days I grow nostalgic, and even if it is just a roleplay server, I feel like it’d be fun to try and mess around with creating a fun ICly environment for those who want to roleplay and learn about marine life, especially since I do plan on trying to focus it mostly in Japan- something not many teachers or professors squeeze into their classes.

Work out two interactive classes you will host if accepted:
  1. After a short lecture, the students will get to study some real marine life up close and personal. Each group of students will have their own tank with a single type of marine life in it. They’ll be expected to guess what type of animal it is, how it moves, how it eats, and what it eats. The use of /it’s prior to the interactive study will be a helping factor in figuring out what it is they’re studying.
2. Going through a step-by-step guide of opening a small shark and studying the contents of its body. We’d be going over each organ, how they differ from other fish you may find, checking the gender, and going over their diet. The students will be in groups of 3-4 depending on the class size.

Work out a field trip (meaning a class outside school grounds) you will host if accepted:
A decent field trip would be to the forest, to the local fishing pond. There, we'll have a fishing contest: See how many different types of fish the class can catch within twenty minutes and compare the diversity of the marine life in the pond to what you'd find out in the ocean. It's up to students whether or not they'd like to catch and return or catch and keep the fish. This field trip would not only relieve the stressors of schoolwork, giving them a break from their normal classes, but it'd give them something to think about, something new. If they catch a particularly spectacular fish, we'll go over what makes it so special. The follow-up class will be based off of the most interesting catches, a laid-back class that mostly consists of fun facts and history on the creatures they catch.

SCENARIO SECTION

Your character would encounter a group of college jocks surrounding a bobcat jock, what would your character do?

My character would interfere with the group, separating them and figure out the situation. Jocks come by the hospital often, and Christian has dealt with separating arguments and fights before. A few good words in and verbal warnings should do the trick unless detention is what they really would prefer. When it comes to the rivalry, everyone knows how rough it can get between both parties, so it's important to try and stop it early. If Christian's unable to stop it himself, then calling for some assistance over the radio would be the next best bet.

Your character would be supervising detention, one of the students constantly disturbs by asking stupid questions, what would your character do?
My character would tell them to quiet down. If they continue to disrupt the silence of the detention room, he’d threaten another day of detention. Christian tries to treat everyone fairly, but if they're in detention and refusing to do their work, or procrastinating by talking, he'd find a way to keep them quiet or remind them if they don't follow the rules, then they'll just have to do it all over again the next day.

Your character would be hosting a class, and a group of cheerleaders keeps on playing songs on the phone and call out other students in the class, what would your character do?
He’d take their phones away until the end of class, and if they continued to act out of line, they'd be given detention. My character is pretty lenient in class, but if they’re disrupting it and bothering others, then he’d feel it’s important to bring the class’ focus back to the task at hand by removing whatever the distraction may be.

Your character would be walking on the school perimeter and encounter a fight between a couple of students, your character tried to break it up but it didn't help, what would your character do?
Typically, threatening detention is a pretty sure way to try and stop a fight, but if they aren’t listening to you, words won’t matter too much. At that point, he’d ask for assistance over the radio, physically trying to put himself between the students if need-be. The most important step to de-escalating a situation is understanding both sides of the story, which means giving each side the chance to defend themselves and making a decision based on that. Depending on the severity of the fight and the occupants involved, SLT alongside any captains (if they’re team members) will be notified.

CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. What does they look like? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is their personality like? What is their plan for the future?

Christian is a 6’1 American male with tapered shoulders and a trim body. He has platinum blond hair that currently reaches down to his ribs, sometimes in a half-up bun ponytail. With dazzling light green eyes that hold a hazel ring closer to the pupil and various piercings, he gives off the impression that he’s younger than he really is. He has a noticeable limp in his right leg due to two past incidents and at times is seen needing a cane to support himself. Christian has scars across his body, burn scars covering his legs from the knee down, other scars across his back, torso and arms. The grip strength in his right hand is weak. Christian’s usually found wearing white cat ears- something he’s had with him since he started working in the hospital back in Tokyo. It’s a habit for him to wear them and a tribute to someone in his past.
Christian’s a unique individual due to his upbringing and past education, which is information I’d like for others to find out about ICly.
When it comes to students, Christian is hopeful, wanting to keep them interested in their studies and pushing them to excel in the things they enjoy doing. Most of his life has been spent in the hospital, a small portion of it up at the shrine, and a common experience he’s run into is patients or those of the younger generation mingling with the wrong crowd, going down dark paths and getting themselves into trouble with the law. He’s not the best at connecting emotionally to them, but he has hopes of finding a way to turn them away from that, giving them something interesting in school to work with.
Christian’s always had a bright personality even despite being socially awkward at times. He’s capable of starting and holding conversations with those around him, and enjoys talking about day-to-day events with his colleagues. In the hospital, if they aren’t busy, he’s usually keeping up on his colleagues' health, making sure they’re eating and drinking correctly, and sleeping on time. If they’ve complained about being in pain, he’ll suggest having them take a break and tends to overwork himself to make up for others.
When it comes to plans for the future, Christian knows he’ll never fully escape the hospital. At some point in his life, he’ll end up returning. It’s written in his DNA at this rate. But until he returns to the hospital, he’s happy to help in the local school. Christian’s got a knack for holding tons of information and is able to teach others, something he’s had to do in the hospital as head surgeon.

Describe how your character ended up becoming a teacher and their previous life. It is optional to include earlier life but recommended.
When Christian was a baby, he had been found abandoned in a car seat at a hospital in Tokyo, Japan. There was no note, no clue where he'd come from, no birth certificate, nothing. A young woman who found him, Mrs. Takei, later adopted him. She worked as a translator, working at the hospital that day to translate for foreign patients. She had found him behind a trash can, near a back door. Christian had been crying, hungry. She brought him to the hospital administration, although she refused to let social services take him away. She had felt that he was her responsibility from then on. His father, Mr. Takei, also worked at the hospital as a tech. Christian spent his childhood and every spare moment beside them, quietly watching as they worked. As soon as he could go to school he was working hard, studying and growing. When he wasn't at school he was working at the hospital. His father pushed him towards becoming a surgeon, believing Christian needed to be a doctor, setting him up in special summer programs to support the dream he had set out for Christian.
Christian graduated at the young age of 17 with a doctorate and MD, his father and mother being able to pull strings and allowing Christian to test out early for classes. For the most part, Christian has only ever resided in Tokyo, sometimes visiting other places such as Korea and California, USA during some summers and holidays. During certain seasons his parents would bring him further north to participate in festivals and events hosted by Shinto monasteries.
Christian was always independent with his work, running off to do things his own way, refusing to trust anyone to work with him.
Christians adoptive parents introduced him to someone, Elton McCarthy. He didn't fit well with others, having the same mindset as Christian did. During this time Christian was always rambunctious, wearing ripped jeans and a cigarette tucked behind his ear. He had an attitude to him and was quick to jump on tasks. He was always hardworking and anaIytical, focused on his work and nothing more. Elton and Christian butted heads more often than not, constantly trying to drag one another one way or the other and fighting every step of the way. With time, of course, both of them managed to settle down and worked towards mutual agreements. By the time he was 25, Christian eventually managed to get a position with Elton working in a hospital in Tokyo as a surgeon, taking care of patients and exercising his knowledge in medicinal studies. It was only a matter of time before Christian decided to focus on a new place: Karakura, Japan. He transferred to the hospital there after his 6 year run at the one in Tokyo in hopes of finding more career-driven people like himself. Christian made various friends and found new love interests, experienced new things and worked towards bettering himself in the new town. Eventually, he left the hospital after an accident involving a gang member, someone who had ambushed him, causing severe harm and causing him to develop an underlying fear that it would happen again. He had decided he wanted to focus on a different career path- one that HE would have chosen, instead of something predetermined by his adoptive parents. Taking his time away from overworking himself in EMS, Christian devoted more of his time to finding hobbies and other things he enjoyed. He eventually found himself more and more drawn to the Shintoism practices and the origins of how it came about. His memories of those festivals and events he so enjoyed as a child drove him back to wanting to look more into it. He studied up on what he could for the religion, looking into the local monastery which he visited on occasion. He found himself eventually attending a school, the Kokugakuin University back in Tokyo, passing a qualifying exam. He spent time at the Shinsei Seinaru Monastery, making friends and experiencing things most wouldn't. During his time at the shrine, he kept thinking back to his time as a surgeon. Christian had come to realize that although the career path of being a part of the hospital staff wasn't necessarily one he himself had chosen, it was a career he had grown to love and cherish because it had been part of his life for as long as he'd known. His time as a priest had shown him just how much he'd missed being a part of EMS, seeing as he's been a part of hospitals since he was a kid. He was always thinking back to his time there and, as a workaholic who loved fast-paced environments, he grew a longing to return.
In his time returning to be a familiar job, working as a surgeon in the hospital, he’d experienced plenty. He’d adopted a daughter, found himself pulled out of depression by falling into a relationship head over heels, working endlessly to make those around him happy. It lead into hardships at times, the worst resulting in medical leave from the hospital as he healed up from an unfortunate situation. During his medical leave, he’d worked on putting his life back together like puzzle pieces. It was difficult, and still is up to this point in time, but he wouldn’t change anything.

IN-CHARACTER SECTION
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you, replace the underscores [ _ ] with your answers)

Fill in your answers on the lines ( _____________ )
To tick an 0 cross it or replace it with an X

1 - PERSONAL DATA

Title: DR Legal Name: Christian Green Birth Date: 9 / 18 / 92
Preferred Name: Christian
Phone Number: (030)-637-2577
0 - Female
0 - Other, namely _________

Religious Domination: N/A
Martial Status: Engaged
Nationality: Japanese
Current Location: Karakura, Japan

2 - APPLICATION DATA

Preferred teaching subject:
1st choice:
Marine Biology 2nd choice: Human Physiology 3rd choice: Marine Ecology
List other subjects you are qualified to teach: General Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Organic Chemistry, General Surgery, History
List any activities you are willing to supervise; i.e., clubs, groups, drama, etc.:
Happy to help wherever needed.

3 - PREVIOUS EDUCATION
Place of study (School, University, College, etc)
Date From
Date To
Fulltime / Partime
Qualification with Grade, Class / Division
Subject Specialism(s)
Age Range
West Ashley High School for Advanced Studies
2004-08-12
2009-02-10
Fulltime
Highschool Diploma
N/A
11-16
Southeastern College
2009-08-12
2012-05-12
Fulltime
Masters Degree
Biology, Chemistry, Physics
16-19
Tokyo Medical University
2012-08-12
2016-05-12
Fulltime
Doctorate, M.D
Doctor of Medicine, Health Sciences, Psychology
19-23
Kokugakuin University
2022-07-12
2022-08-12
Fulltime
Masters Degree
Shinto Specialization, Japanese Literature Specialization, Japanese History Specialization
29-29
EXAMPLE:
Karakura High
EXAMPLE:
2000-08-12
EXAMPLE:
2006-08-12
EXAMPLE:
Fulltime
EXAMPLE:
Highschool Diploma
EXAMPLE:
N/A
EXAMPLE:
12 - 18

4 - PROFESSIONAL CAREER - PRESENT SCHOOL (or another place of work, leave empty if not applicable)

Name of Workplace: Kyorin University Hospital School Type: N.A Ages: 19-27
Address of School: N/A
Date of Appointment: 2016/51/2
Post subjects taught and special responsibilities in the present post (where appropriate):
N/A, although I jumped around between hospitals where needed.
Reason for leaving:
Jumped from one hospital to the next, but this was my starting point for my
career in the hospital: A place where I'd started and ended my internship.

5 - PREVIOUS TEACHING EXPERIENCE (leave empty if not applicable)

Post ( Name and type of school): ___________________
Date from: __ / __ / __ Date to: __ / __ / __
Ages Taught: ________
Fulltime or Partime : 0 - Fulltime
0 - Partime
Subjects Taught & Responsibilities:

6 - QUALIFICATIONS

Type of Qualification (Minor, Major, Certification, etc.):
Major degree MD, Health Sciences
Obtained on: 2016 / 05 / 12
Instution where obtained: Tokyo Medical University

Minor degree Biology, Chemistry, Physics
Obtained on: 2012 / 05 / 12
Instution where obtained: Southeastern College

Major degree in Shinto Specialization, Japanese Literature Specialization and Japanese History Specialization
Obtained on: 2022 / 08 / 12
Instution where obtained: Kokugakuin University

Type of Qualification (Minor, Major, Certification, etc.): _____________
Obtained on: __ / __ / __
Instution where obtained: __________

Type of Qualification (Minor, Major, Certification, etc.): _____________
Obtained on: __ / __ / __
Institution where obtained: __________

7 - CLOSING

Any extra notes about you or your application (if applicable):

Signature:

1680742397627.pngDate: 2023 / 04 / 05

Last edited:

Oli

Level 120
gncme
gncme
Omega
ACCEPTED
Welcome to the professor faction! You have already received your roles in the Karakura Academics discord server!​

Users who are viewing this thread